Give me a rundown on the TV license

Give me a rundown on the TV license.

Attached: 4F07A7FC-7C3A-4514-9392-E83CCF65F55C.jpg (750x447, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJuxo0j1JtE
youtu.be/_ZaOKhgoS4Q
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/17/70_pc_tv_licensing_convictions_women/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you watch broadcast TV, the law requires you to pay. This includes not only the BBC, and the main TV channels, but also Cable/Satellite TV.
If you don't watch, you don't have to pay.
Simple.

Is it cheaper to get black and white tv or something? Are there commercials on the tv you already pay to watch? There are on cable tv in america but regular broadcast tv is free

oi, you got a loicense for tha tv?

waiting for toilet license

There is a cheaper license for black and white TVs.
BBC has no commercials, but all other channels do.
Oddly, even though you have to pay the fee to watch any TV channels, it's only the BBC which gets the money.

>don’t pay
>ignore letters
>if an enforcement officer ever turns up tell him to get the fuck off your property

They have no teeth. They rely on scary language and bully tactics to spook normies into paying up.

despite the name, it's not a license to own a television, but for watching broadcast programming.
you can own a TV, for DVDs or vidya, and you don't have to pay.

pretty much this.
i've never seen an enforcement officer in my life, despite receiving their shitty letter for almost a decade.

We need to pay for the expenses our glorious mudslime overlords cause.

Oi, you got a loicense to watch that tv?

...although the tv licence man will insist that you do own a tv viewing device and will pretend to have a warrant to gain access to your house or take you to court if you get unlucky. The go around the streets with houses of all the people without a tv licence. Then go around the street scanning each house with a little box. Its a huge pain in the ass to deal with and is enforced by a bunch of cunts who think they are all powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJuxo0j1JtE

How do they know what you're watching? Aren't there open airwave network stations?

yes but they will still try and take you to court for owning a device that can view broadcasts. But its not really a problem unless they decide to be a dick and knock on your door.

do people pay for watching any channel at all?

in Brazil we have both free and paid channels

In Ireland you must have a licence if you own a TV. Even if it's a old b&w TV, sitting in a closet. State TV is total shit BTW, useless "stars" and execs getting large salaries. Complete scam.

They don't know, they literally bluff. They will even try to get you to say that you may have accidently went to the BBC channel even for a second therefore you owe them 200 pounds for that one second of channel flicking

I don't watch TV.

if you own a tv, laptop or phone and watch broadcast television or catch-up TV in your own home you must pay for a tv licence.

But desu you can just can just say you don't watch tv on the form and unless they knock on your door its not a problem.

they don't know.
they just send letters to addresses which aren't registered with a license. it's a fishing expedition.

I thought it's just for the BBC?

The British people are slaves. They used to be slaves to a king, and thought they won their freedom. Turns out they just replaced one king with thousands of bureaucrats, and politicians. Now they are property of the State, exist only at the will and pleasure of the State, may only speak when the State grants them leave, etc., etc. They are the original cucks.

Let me know how that Brexit works out for you Brit fags.

They came round my house when we were kids.

My dad says to them, "You can come in but watch out for the DOGS!"

They guy comes in almost shitting himself...
as our friendly little spaniel runs up and licks him.

lol jokes on you pal.

like i said, in almost a decade i've only ever had letters.

No, you have to pay the license even if you just watch Sky, for example, and never the BBC.
But the BBC are the only organisation to actually get the money from the license fee.

Forgot to mention, there's a video where they literally try to get a hoarse to pay for a tv license

>Dude owns a property seperate from his house
>The property consisted of a barn with a horse in it and a mailbox outside
>License police insist the hoarse is watch television becaise they checked the barn out and claim they saw a tv in there
>They tell the owner of the property they need to speak to the hoarse and the hoarse has to tell them he is not watching tv in the barn

England is fucked

>Give me a rundown on the....
oi ! do you even have a rundown licence !

>your dad is so retarded he actually let TV license goons into his home

Attached: 1525096993252.jpg (1184x916, 75K)

Who even watches broadcasted tv these days I just download / stream program's I want to watch.

youtu.be/_ZaOKhgoS4Q

Cucks

Attached: 1525159728490.jpg (1024x843, 169K)

lucky bastard. my dad got put in jail over watching fools and horse without a license. Now he gets fucked in the bum for a living up mill.

No wonder you chaps drink so much

*horse. Sorry I'm on no sleep right now

I guess oldfags and slow normies.

Nearly all countries feature it its just ordinarily wrapped into normal taxation. Most of the planet is paying taxes to be be propagandised.

still need a license for that. if its broadcast tv even if streamed its an offence in this silly country of pakis and £30 freddo bars

pic related is what they send round to your house to 'detect' if you're illegally watching television

Attached: oi.jpg (800x533, 184K)

90% of the yearly £150 you have to pay goes towards the BBC even if you dont watch the BBC.

£150 just to watch tv lmao, fuck this country.

Ontop of that you have council tax, road tax, fishing licence to fish, Tax on earnings, tax when a relative dies and leaves you shit, tax on property, we used to tax windows too.

Attached: 2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.jpg (236x201, 7K)

1) its horse you moron.
2) you are just making things up mutt.

>England is fucked
Ok Mr 53%

Most European countries have them to find public broadcasting networks.

Attached: 1498239845528.jpg (843x644, 101K)

not true. the BBC managed to get their own iPlayer service brought under the license, but other than that, it doesn't cover any internet streaming services.

Tell them you're not into BBC

hahahahahahahaahahahahahagagahahahaagahabagahahahaa
thank god for the US of A

don't need a license to catch crayfish tho...although you do need to register your crayfish traps to make sure they meet regulations incase you accidentally choke an otter.

Legit gone my whole life thinking this was a meme created by The Young Ones.

Wow... You actually have tv licenses in the UK. Talk about pwnt.

>Then go around the street scanning each house with a little box
fuck's sake lad, it's bad enough having all the burgers make shit up about us, you don't have to do it too.

he had a licence, for some reason they kept hassling us. "you don't have licence."

Germans have it the worst it seems.

Attached: german tv licence.jpg (1291x781, 466K)

...for now. you wait the jews will have their way.

ABC is funded directly through taxation tho..

>Just back from the mosque, two Englishmen look on as the detector van slowly trundles by, maybe it'll rain later.

Attached: 84.png (2000x1030, 1.29M)

litterally the only comeback bongs can make is a dead, forced meme on Jow Forums, while everyone else can use bong's reality as bants LMFAO

mandatory tax used to import Africans to play royalty in historical show

That's pretty ghetto.

Isn't that because its hard to prove you aren't watching BBC if you have a live broadcast setup?

Its bullshit still but anyone would just argue they don't watch those channels.

or if you do watch, you still don't have to pay because it's a completely unenforceable law

this
CPB gets 95% of its funding from Congress and then doles it out the public television and radio

Attached: tvdetect.jpg (468x340, 25K)

What about Amazon/AppleTV?.

all the equipment inside them was fake believe.
We have a machine that goes PING! when it passes a non licenced home.

I didn't have a tv license for 4 years and never got a letter, what do they use to check whether its worth sending you a letter?

yes, if you are stupid enough to let an agent into your house, they only care if you CAN recieve the BBC on your TV, not whether you actually watch it or not.

It was about 200 or 250 euros a year, don't remember because I never paid it, I've never owned a TV either.

Then they changed its name to Yle tax (=BBC tax) in 2013 and made it 0.67% of your income so you have to pay even if noTV.

the only online service the license fee is required for is the BBC's own iPlayer service.

Who would want to watch that commie shit anyways

I already corrected myself you absolute retard and look at this, Ahmed is saying the video camera is lying. Don't you have some pretty young white girls to Jihad as the beta British males do nothing?

Attached: 1519933611234m.jpg (818x1024, 152K)

Attached: tvdetectM.jpg (468x306, 37K)

ok well they don't do that shit anymore. But they did. Now that we got digital tv signals it's all just done remotely with computers which autonomously print and send letters. Which then allocates a select waiting period before they send you a fine for not responding/buying a TV license.

would be much cheaper to allow ads on bbc, lol

This is false.

They say you must have a license if you don't own a TV but use online streaming services but that's also bullshit because how are they going to know.

They (Used to) work on the assumption that every house had a tv, or when you bought a new tv you gave the shop your name and address, the shop passed the details on.

They want the monotonous drone of 24/7 propaganda melting your mind

the 'detector vans' never existed at all.
it was just another lie to scare people into paying.

Attached: 16.jpg (800x600, 86K)

>all along Doctor Who and Harry Potter was a scheme to get bongs to believe in magic sticks
>police shows up
>points magic stick
>BEEP BOOP
>Looks like we got a criminal
>Yes sir it appears we do, please arrest me now

dont pay that shit and tell whoever shows up at your door to fuck off

>a select waiting period before they send you a fine for not responding
another lie. you don't get fined for ignoring them.
you only get fined if you are convicted of watching TV without paying, and for that they have to physically enter your home.

BBC I Player submits location information and prompts you to buy a tv licence. They don't really know but will use small intimidations to scare normies.

Attached: tv1952.gif (800x600, 459K)

all that your pictures prove is that they have told the same lie over and over for decades.

Attached: pict0024.jpg (645x480, 72K)

could you write them asking to be freed from the tax if you have no tv

Bought my tv for that flat from a little shop so they probably didn't bother sending it on. Watching some dumb youtube video of people coming round to peoples houses to find out whether they have a TV or not.

>If you don't watch, you don't have to pay
Oh so better than in Italy.

>Muslim leader probably about to play his hand and kill the queen while before taking over the entire island.
>fatbergs cligging your medieval sewer system.
>Nogo zones.
>Police that let your daughters be groomed, raped, chopped up into meat and sold back to you in kebabs.
>Farcical police and laws in general.
>Noose tightening every day.
>No guns.
>Leftist propaganda network literally strongarming people out of money using deceit and intimidation, nobody stopping them.
>Dwindling housing standards matched by skyrocketing prices.
The ravens will die soon and it'll all be over.

Attached: 1524552243614.jpg (457x502, 101K)

a lot of TV shops will ask to see proof that you have paid the license fee before selling you a TV, despite there being no legal requirement for them to do so.

I only found out the name and address thing when somebody told me, ever since then I pay cash and use my exes name & address.

Haven’t paid TV license in 15 years. I get letters and a knock on the door maybe once a year but tell them I don’t have a TV and slam the door. It’s all just scare tactics, they have no authority. Still fucked though.

on no, they would never lie to us, they only have our best interests at heart

Attached: tvvanJPG.jpg (615x462, 72K)

I would tell them to fuck off and pull my spork on them... then id go butter some toast with my finger.

Attached: spork.jpg (225x225, 3K)

Im sorry but this is not a lie. While the numbers of convictions are very small it doesn't mean that it does not exist

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/17/70_pc_tv_licensing_convictions_women/

Attached: Oi You got a license for that.jpg (630x445, 138K)

that's the thing he shoves up your arse if you don't pay the fee

tv detector vans only exist in the sense that they are real vans. the 'tv detector' part is bullshit.
and once again, it's no an offence to ignore letters. it's an offence to not pay the license fee if you are watching TV, and this can only be proven if an agent comes inside your home.
you can ignore the letters as long as you like, and millions of people do.

We also have licences for public broadcasting here and you have to pay it even in you don´t have a TV or a recieving device, so it is basically a tax to fund the state-owned company which runs the broadcasting.

The anmount paid through that tax is only the equvalent of a little more than $1/month and it get folded into taxes or rent you normally pay, so no one cares about that over here.

No, you have to pay it regardless.

Just build an emp generator and fuck with them. Sure it could get expensive but anyone with basics in electronics can build one, theres schematics for free even on jewgle.

>fishing license
Think here it's state controlled, in my state you can fish in your county no problem but to fish everywhere else you need a license and it's only like 20 bucks a year.

the shitty thing is while the BBC makes millions annually selling and showing programmes abroad, we get ZERO return on our enforced financial investment in them.

How would they pay their latest diversity hire her 10 million pound salary if they shared it with us ?