Ireland's National Song

>Ireland's National Song
>Indistinguishable from generic shitty folk songs
>Sang in English
>Drawn out chorus, not very statisfying to sing even as a crowd

youtube.com/watch?v=F0Jp0iVcMSI

Shitty anthem thread? Is this really the best you guys have to offer?

Attached: Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (2000x1000, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XRNou-7gI4o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jqy0rkW1o
youtube.com/watch?v=3V7yjs3Mias
youtube.com/watch?v=S9tSlnhOLf8
youtube.com/watch?v=ySW2xW4zqgY
youtu.be/KQTq07gihqg
scroll.in/article/806165/how-irelands-easter-rising-of-1916-inspired-a-rebellion-against-the-british-in-india
youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=PbQY4CKqziY
youtube.com/watch?v=oKHi-Dg_7QM
youtube.com/watch?v=A2B9Bb6JEMc
youtube.com/watch?v=j6nObSN9EMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its normally sang in Irish.
It IS shit.
We have been debating changing it for years

What about that Rugby one? I don't remember the name but it's "shoulder to shoulder" or something. It seems pretty neat.

Thats because the Rugby team is a united ireland team. It makes northerners and southerners cringe

What are some of the suggested alternatives then?

Attached: 55.png (680x559, 114K)

Touchy subject. A lot of people are proud of the current one as it was sang during the rebellion. Lots of people want a non rebel all inclusive song to appease our future unionist citizens in the north

is this a sneaky reference to the European song contest

Soldiers on is shite but that is a bad rendition of it and it sound better in Irish.
I don't what the popular consensus would be but I've always thought this song would be good. It's written by the leader of the 1916 revolution.
youtube.com/watch?v=XRNou-7gI4o

*Soldiers song

That's more like something I'd expect. Sung in Irish at the very least.

It's sang in Irish m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jqy0rkW1o

The Soldiers Song, or Amhránn na Bhfiann as its more commonly known, was originally written in English yes but the version we have as our national anthem is in Irish, also it consists of only the chorus.

This is not a good version. It's pretty dope, as it's the song the Reveloutionary Brothers song when the leaders of 1916 were being brought out to be shot. They all thought they were going to be shot.

Full-tier Yeehadi stuff. We should emulate them. Out there yonder lays our Saxon foe.

>We are children of a fighting race/Which has never yet known disgrace

Here is a better version, in Irish, which is there actual anthem:youtube.com/watch?v=3V7yjs3Mias

This level of patriotism always scares the Anglo.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9tSlnhOLf8

You might appreciate this industrial March of Brian Boru

Bogger

Let Bowden redpill you on Irish republicans, via his speech on W.B. Yeats youtube.com/watch?v=ySW2xW4zqgY

Ireland evokes nothing but indifference in the English.

Excuse me, best anthem coming through.

youtu.be/KQTq07gihqg

>Singing an anthem for evil monarchs

Nobody asked ya. Bong cunt.

God save the queen is kinda stupid, why save her when she has done nothing to save uk? Jerusalem is a better tune

That's strange because your empire began and died there. Everywhere were you had problems, be it in the Boer war, Republicans in Australia etc, and Uprisings in India, independence referendum in Scotland, the Irish and their descents are behind it.

It's a silly ignorance used by the English to ignore their worst defeat.

>singing in another language

Yeah sure stay mad Colin

>Jerusalem is a better tune
>Jerusalem is a better tune
Much better tune.

>God Save the Queen
Stems from when the Monarch was supposed to represent the Leviathan, the neutral god-head of the state. "God save the Queen" is the equivalent fo saying God save England.

>because your empire began and died there

Ireland isn't India.

but I thought gaelic is a meme language

Literally you are correct. But your foreign imperialism, colonialism begun there. Look how you used (((famine))) as a weapon in both Ireland and India etc..

>How Ireland’s Easter Rising of 1916 inspired the Indian struggle for freedom scroll.in/article/806165/how-irelands-easter-rising-of-1916-inspired-a-rebellion-against-the-british-in-india

Don't be butthurt.

thats a nice song but doesnt sound very anthemy.

Imposition of Norman rule on Wales preceded it. Actually, you could start with 1066, with England itself as a colonised entity under Norman rule. There's a lot of continuity involved in that perspective, particularly in genetic terms.

I would say "English" imperialism really got started with Elizabeth. Before that there was a quite different relationship between the Normans and the indigenous Irish. After here, quite a many Norman lords joined them in rebellion.

I disagree, the proper chorus sounds moreso like an anthem than Solder's Song.

it is best sung when slaying british minions

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY

i agree its 10 times better than that shit excuse for a song op posted. i guess as long as it instills a sense of pride in ones nation then it serves as a national anthem. im not irish so i cant speak for it.

what film?

I believe the film is "The Wind that Shakes the Barley." It's a good enough watch.

>this clems never seen The Wind that Shakes the Barley

Probably a good point. I don't know enough about that particular period, though it seems to me that tensions between the Crown and hibernicising Normans go back a few more centuries than that. Any romantics reading this should prepare themselves for the rather dismaying realisation that real history is almost always about landowning and "rights" to cream the profits of given territories.

ah yes i know that film never watched it though, just a small part. i will now.

I love the Irish even though they're not humans.

Just kidding. But we all prefer our own kind, it's science.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbQY4CKqziY

youtube.com/watch?v=oKHi-Dg_7QM

Attached: 1491249271775.jpg (650x975, 181K)

It is, but it's our meme language.

That was the rallying song of the Irish Volunteers. It was made the anthem because they didn't want the Shinners claiming it as their own.

blast the Wolfe Tones

O Canada is boring. Maple Leaf Forever was better:

youtube.com/watch?v=A2B9Bb6JEMc

Quebec's """anthem""" is just horrid:
youtube.com/watch?v=j6nObSN9EMQ

Advance Australia Fair is also boring imo.

I kinda like O Canada, sad to see it mauled by demented SJW's.

that song is cringe the actual anthem is much better Irish anthem should be in irish