How do we know what to take literally and what to take metaphorically in the bible?

I have been exploring three different churches in my area and I have been getting very different answers. They also seem to hold to a few of Christianity totally contrary to what Jow Forums says and act like normies.

Is Christianity normie or redpilled? Too many conflicting messages and I am getting really bogged down trying to figure all of this out.

Attached: evilutioninaction.jpg (600x557, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtu.be/0h5ZxVLDjZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Christianity is the foundation for stable civilization.

I don't even believe anymore, but the cultural impact can NOT be understated.
Anyone who disagrees is either a sandnigger and/or a cuckold.

A lot can get lost in translation, so I definitely wouldn't take turning the other cheek literal, for example. Drop your concepts and read with a fresh perspective.

christianity is just another outdated phase in our long history . monotheists are all cunts and responsible for all bad things in the world

I dislike your pic, not related to your post.
All christians are not dumb creationists...

A lot has been lost in translation because (((they))) have changed the meaning of many English words to indirectly change our translations. Adultery has to do with miscegenation but you wouldn't know this unless you look at the etymology and question why God would make two commandments saying "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife." You have to read between the lines.

Attached: e2082b0674d7e36599f475dfa9cd2069819551e7ed362346b7be9b47377b8374.jpg (484x750, 103K)

>Is Christianity normie or redpilled?

the only true intelligent approach to existence is for humans to simply accept that we cannot righteously claim there is a god, or there isn't a god.

people can believe there is a god, and people can believe there isn't a god - but people cannot say there is, or isn't a god.

>Is literally worshiping a jew normie or redpilled?

Attached: long nose tribe.jpg (205x246, 11K)

So agnosticism, basically

Attached: bpgf93gffml01.jpg (1920x1152, 613K)

literal strawman

gg yourself

Centrist pseudo intellectualism. God can be proved with the unmoved mover proof, after which atheists resort to calling God mean.

>So agnosticism, basically

no.
i'm not interested in huxley's attempt at containment

>Centrist pseudo intellectualism.

oh yes, of course - as long as a physicists or biologist or a chemist says hey we know how thing happened, we've opened our eyes to the fact that there's something, and we can explain the origin of all that by appealing to some preexisting something"

for the one not satisfied with that, well then, that person isn't scientifically literate.

sounds a lot like lawrence krauss

>God can be proved with the unmoved mover proof, after which atheists resort to calling God mean.

literally pseudo intellectualism

>God can be proved

answer this-

why is there something?

>christcuckery in 2018
sage

Sorry, but i've seen the light, and I only praise Moloch.

A lot of books were edited out of the bible. Read the book of Thomas. It explains so much. It is the answer as to why the elite want to keep us spiritually retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
You get saved first. Then you read the Bible and let the Holy Ghost teach you all things.

>Is Christianity normie or redpilled?

No. Keep believing in Father Christmas all you like though.

Attached: matthew626.jpg (737x563, 120K)

>A lot has been lost in translation because (((they))) have changed the meaning of many English words to indirectly change our translations.

NO NO NO NO NO NO! Why do people repeat this bullshit meme?

Biblical anthropologists and academics would beg to differ. We still have the records, the translations is fine near perfect. The latin alphabet and punctuation was literally invented to ensure the books in the bible were transcribed perfectly during Emperor Constantine's reign.

Adultery is still adultery is the bible.

>Sorry, but i've seen the light, and I only praise Moloch.
Do you pass your seed through the fire though? (jerk off into the fire) as per the story in the old test.

>A lot of books were edited out of the bible.
No they created the bible by bringing together the works in the council of Nicea, they werent edited out.

>Read the book of Thomas.
Theories hold that this was a much later work, wrote in the 2nd century, hence why it wasnt canonicalised. It would be like you great great great great grandchildren 200 years from now writing about Trump.

>It explains so much.
No it doesnt, have you read it? It's even lamer than the other new testament works.

Based Pastor

Attached: 1504737455411.webm (1038x584, 1.65M)

Do niot fall for the false trappings of the church. Its all about ending human slavery. THATS what christ did
youtu.be/0h5ZxVLDjZY

Attached: 044.jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

Boltzmann brain. That atheist’s logic is correct. Over a long enough timeframe with enough random variations in the arrangement of sand across the near-infinite beaches of the near-infinite worlds, you could get a sand castle like this to spontaneously appear.

your meme is dumb because of entropy/enthalpy.

Honestly this, op pic just makes him and other Christians look like retards, as if they actually think that's how evolution works.