Why are gas prices so high right now?

Why are gas prices so high right now?

Attached: Capture.png (1043x498, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-refinery-fire-valero-energy-texascity/valeros-texas-city-refinery-hit-by-explosion-fire-idUSKBN1HQ3AE
reuters.com/article/us-husky-energy-refinery-blast/wisconsin-oil-refinery-fire-out-at-least-15-hurt-officials-idUSKBN1HX2TR
youtube.com/watch?v=cvXfZMadErA
nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/us-treasury-says-q1-borrowing-set-record-of-488-billion
cnbc.com/2018/05/01/fomc-meeting-and-data-in-focus.html
data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ap
macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because they are preping for the war in Iran.

all the money that the rothschild pulled out of the DOW and by selling land went into purchasing crude oil futures which only now are starting to squeeze the market into a downturn.

fpbp

War in the middle east as usual, if I was the saudi prince I'll even attack myself.

A crash should be coming shortly and BTC might be the canary in the coalmine this time

The Jews, silly....

yep

Attached: Genie Energy - Syrian war.jpg (960x960, 167K)

We've been supposedly headed for a downturn for the past couple years now

the moment the market crashes is the flag. The dow has dropped a couple of days but nothing that would trigger a slide to 0.
That WAS the plan but I have a feeling we're on a new one

suggesting a false flag to saudis is a bad idea

summer

Who else also drives a Prius and hypermile below the speed limit?

70mpg and proud!

It's a little over two dollars here on Long Island.

Much Lower than almost 6 dollars under Obama.

Don't doubt you, but how would raising oil prices benefit anyone wanting to go to war?

the oil companies profits. gotta make their profits now since their profit margins will drop soon.

Started after Tillerson was fired. Revenge obviously.

My truck gets 9.

Are you poor? You sound poor.

I write software for a living.

bugmen

>$2.82
>high

Remember it being a lot worse mid-2000s.

Still glad I don't have to pay to fill up the tank on the gas guzzling RAM 3/4 ton I drive for work kek.

A variety of factors. Oil coming from North Dakota is expensive to drill for, more so than other oil fields. OPEC wants costs up now after trying to flood the market 2-3 years ago. Summer demand always drives up costs.

I get 55 mpg on a Toyota auris diesel that didn't cost me meme car prices. feelsgoodman.jpg

stockpiling. less oil makes it to market raising the price at the pump.

came here to post this

how much did it cost? my prius costs around $21k after tax

People in the USA now drive more large vehicles than ever, Ford has recently stated that 9 out of 10 of it's vehicles are trucks or SUVs. Also, the US has not added any significant oil refining capacity in years, while existing facilities continue to have operational issues left and right (see the latest event in Wisconsin)

Other recent events:
>reuters.com/article/us-refinery-fire-valero-energy-texascity/valeros-texas-city-refinery-hit-by-explosion-fire-idUSKBN1HQ3AE

Wisconsin refinery fire:
>reuters.com/article/us-husky-energy-refinery-blast/wisconsin-oil-refinery-fire-out-at-least-15-hurt-officials-idUSKBN1HX2TR

good news is you can grow hemp, strain the oil, cut it with lye to make your own fuel.

Trump is fucking u retards over.

Obama gave you cheap gas and u retards spat on him. You get what you deserve. $5/gas here we come.

Attached: 93_GORILLION_MRW.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

It was $2 under Obama.

>170080458
The dumbest post ITT. This all economic, not political.
>93_GORILLION_MRW
Oh, Obongoleaf. Explains everything.

Attached: 1524177584204.png (575x556, 476K)

just wait a year from now

you are so fucked

Thanks to decreased demand due to an economic recession (remember how we had to bail out the automakers?), and an oil and natural gas boom caused by hydraulic fracturing (you know, that thing liberals like Obama would have banned if they had their way).

Attached: 1517850860629.jpg (500x438, 45K)

>The president controls gas prices

Attached: 93 GORILLION_MRW_LOL.gif (377x372, 3.05M)

You said that last year

Attached: 1517846866532.jpg (1212x994, 103K)

bought it new in 2009 for something like 12k, still runs like a champ. I know burgers are not big on diesel cars but they are great, the engine is practically indestructible and give great mpg, everything else will fail on the car long before the engine gives up the ghost.

I looked into it, seems like a right pain in the arse though, you have to replace all the fuel lines and seals since biodiesel corrodes them

OBAMALEAF GUYS
BAIL BAIL BAIL

Ovens.

Republicans always raise gas prices because that always start wars in the Middle East

Are you yanks taking about petrol prices in gallons or litres?

Cos a litre here is about 1.65 usd, and a gallon is about 8.10 usd

youtube.com/watch?v=cvXfZMadErA

Gas prices plummet under Obama! Right wing retards hate him.

Gas prices surge under Trump! Right wing retards love him!

Face it you're just s-o-y boys who love getting cucked

US Treasury says Q1 borrowing set record of $488 billion
nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/us-treasury-says-q1-borrowing-set-record-of-488-billion

Toward the end, but for the majority it was literally almost 6 dollars a gallon. And I'm at the coast. The further into mainland you get the more expensive.

Attached: Mission Accomplished2.jpg (645x350, 57K)

>the moment the market crashes is the moment the economy crashes
Leaf wisdom

Wait 6 dollars a gallon? That's cheap as fuck, see

Obama got them way down. Now Trump is spiking them. This is only the beginning.

they barely ever hit $4/gallon nationwide avg under Obama. The guy is picking some expensive af gas station at $6/gallon

$6/gallon gas will cripple the American economy

>ignore the facts
>just throw out insults

I guess it's my fault for expecting anything else from a leafposter who can't take Obama's cock out of his mouth

Attached: 1502575885504.jpg (600x400, 170K)

Russian and the Opec has been cutting production for almost 2 years. The market was flooded with cheap oil due to fracking. Opec and Russia and trying to balance the market

2-year yield hits highest level since September 2008 as Fed meeting begins
cnbc.com/2018/05/01/fomc-meeting-and-data-in-focus.html

>avg
Big Cities were above $6.

Im on the Prius train but I only get about 45mpg because I live in a hilly area.

Attached: Screenshot_20180422-154256.jpg (1147x829, 431K)

because you are not mad enough yet to support war on Syria and Iran, it will hit $4 and most of you will say fuck it I don't care, then the war will begin, price will drop, and Trump will be reelected.

you know how they play sad music in movies to make you feel sad? the oil price is war music

>
>>avg
>Big Cities were above $6.
Maybe in cuckifornia they were above $5 with all their gas taxes but in the rest of the country most of us have never seen it above $4 and it's mostly between $2-$4

no they weren't achmed go look at a gas price heat map

yep I remember a lot of places going under $2/gallon gas under Obama

Oil should not even be traded. Someone passes wind and the fucking gas goes up almost immediately. Nothing even needs to happen for it to go up.

Oil was going DOWN then the king jew posted the whole Iran thing and it went UP in a matter of minutes. It's pretty shitty that all you need to do is say IRAN and oil flies up. It is bullshit.

Attached: download (6).jpg (439x290, 21K)

I wish it was this cheap in Canada

I drive a 2009 dodge Challenger RT with a V8 hemi and fuck me it's expensive. I'm paying about $50+ per fill up. If I'm lucky I can go a week and a couple days on 1 tank but usually fill up each week. The fuck is going on. Fucking premium is insane.

2010 Jetta Wolfsburg...costs me almost $40 on premium but I fill up once a month since i work from home.

I was gonna get a charger but fuck that.

because the dollar is in the early stages of hyperinflation

Attached: 0438u403t.png (600x580, 572K)

We would destroy the world before letting that happen

I kept telling these retards that a lower dollar is bad for them. That it's going to drive up the price of imports. But they said they wanted to bring back $1/hour jobs from China. America is so fucked and it's because of right wing retards

just walk away.

Attached: ok.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Several factors have helped drive oil prices higher. A wave of global economic growth has driven up demand for oil. At the same time, production cutbacks initiated by OPEC last year have helped whittle down oil supplies.

In the US, oil supplies were running 1.1 million barrels lower at the start of this summer’s driving season, which runs from April through September, than a year ago, according to the US Energy Information Administration.

Er, I mean cuz u.s. gonna go 2 war wit syria hurrr

dbl checked
it's the precursor to war if you followed the conversation, you fucking shithead

all diesels have biodiesel rated parts that don't crack, rot or inflate because it is already in the fuel general supply (B20 or B80) and auto manufacturers planned ahead. Going B100 will take extra washing to purify the product but the good news is the climate isn't cold enough there to gum up the engine.

Best car ever owned except the fucking gas. I actually can get some okay milage on the highway but I drive far as fuck for work each day and have to deal with shit traffic. Barely ever stay above 18mpg

bump

Are you too young to remember $5+ a gallon over a decade ago? This is nothing in terms of gas.
You should look at historical cost of barrels of oil and a gallon of gas. I wonder why a barrel of oil today is the same cost it was in 2005 yet gas is 60 cents a gallon more expensive. Wonder why it hasn't dropped down to 2005 levels, who could be behind this?
data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ap
macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart
Play around with the numbers and see for yourself.

>summer coming
>interest rates went up a little, dollar is ok
>economy is stable and growing moderately well
>trade on an international level is running smoothly
>no real wars being planned
>domestic production is high but they are greedy as fuck and wont sell domestically at lower prices because muh economy and back room deals
>iran might get bombed this summer
>demand is still high
>alternatives are still being suppressed LOL

lil bit of erbrethang
im currently paying the highest prices for gasoline in the history of the world in my region right now

Attached: 564566456456756.jpg (253x229, 48K)

Its over. Were done for. Nobody can beat obamaleaf infographs. Just look at his tiny deficit. Just look. So tiny.