Yellow Goodness

Should one buy small amounts of gold?
Like, every few months or so I buy about 10 grams of gold and store them in a safe place.
With years the worth of my stash will grow.
Is this a good plan?

Attached: złotesztaby.jpg (2000x1125, 895K)

yes gold is used in electronics theres only so much of it on earth

gold is a poo poo currency
by investing, you basically swallow jizz whole
better to invest in something like old growth lumber, water or packaging

Attached: gyration of a nation.gif (350x400, 825K)

no it's stupid, in particular physical gold. It has a huge spread, like buying is always much more expensive then what you'd get for it when selling. It really makes only remotely sense if you expect some severe collapse of western society. But if you want to prepare for that rather stack up on tobacco and coffee

Impliying there isn't nanotechnology wich can modify lead into nanogold wich has the exact same trades as normal gold (real alchemy). Same with petrolium, it's no "fossil"fuel, it never will never cease from this planet.

Whoops one never too much

Gold is pointless, always was. It's a high tier commodity (see: luxury) which means in case of a huge meltdown it will lose more value than any other commodity. Has very few actual usages.

Buy land, weapons and if you're so eager to invest in some kind of metal: steel.

Attached: steel.jpg (350x247, 67K)

>It has a huge spread, like buying is always much more expensive then what you'd get for it when selling
not necessary. Just don't buy impure and buy only ones with certificate and at least an ounce at time.

But you're the money jew, so educate me on that, if I'm wrong, cause I seriously thought about what was said in OP, but buying certificated only

This!
I've invested about 5k euros in weapons and ammo. I could arm a small squad now, should shit hit the fan. Hoping it won't, but prepared if it does.

>nanotechnology wich can modify lead into nanogold
what? only way to do that is nuclear fusion as far as I know

Yep. I'm still of a fag when it comes to weapons, but I can be objective and appreciate their value.

>impure
Keep in mind pure gold has veeeery few applications. Is your plan to buy and trade bars for profit like in a stock market? Because to sell gold in market it's almost always into some alloy form (did some research when I had to buy a stupid wedding ring lol).
But yea other than playing banker and hoping demand and therefore price increases later on, I don't see much use in gold.

BASED

Looks like you played too much rpg

10 grams of gold every month... you rich user

fucking brainlet faggot

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: be wary of those who steer you away from gold, for these are Jews, or the brainwashed and ignorant puppets of Jews.

Gold should be looked at as a means to preserve or 'bookmark' wealth - do not expect to make gigantic gains (though this is certainly possible) with it. Instead, look at it as a means to convert your dollars into a preservable value that when sold further down the line pays out in the the same (or more) 'value' equivalence in the time you convert it back to cash.

Consider the alternative, whereby you stash a few grand in paper money in the mattress and try to use it 20 years from now - go and see how far it goes. Instead, if you converted that cash into gold and stashed it in your mattress and snipped it open 20 years from now you will find yourself with a nicely preserved and exchangeable piece of wealth, that in all likelihood will have actually accumulated exchangeable value.

Gold is for the long game in my personal opinion and I can say with confidence that the above applies to that which I have spent on metals over the past 20 years.

There is one simple rule when it comes to wealth
>if you can't hold it in your hand, you don't own it
Invest in gold and silver, sure
>traditionally at a 1:20 ratio
>But with god and silver currently costing $1319.40/ounce and $16.59/ounce respectively
>You should be buying in a ratio of 1:80 since silver is 4 times cheaper than it should be (or gold 4 times more expensive)

But never forget to invest in copper and lead. It's the only way to ensure you get to keep you assets when the SHTF

Attached: copper_lead_and_a_personal_delivery_platform.jpg (300x168, 9K)

i trolled you, i was only pretending to be retarded

>Is your plan to buy and trade bars for profit like in a stock market?
no, the plan is to buy it, stop caring and not lose on inflation
our state mint will always buy certificated bars from you

I hope you've also invested in some top notch storage for all the stuff not directly allocated to home defense.

The problem is where do you keep it

>safe place.
Let me be the judge of that.
First of all, what city in Poland do you live in? Second...

Technically sorta but it's not even that complicated. Not like it's some impossible fusion. We (ie. the human race) synthesized gold back in 1941 in a nuclear reactor. Bombard a certain mercury isotope with just neutrons, then some science jumbo, then stable isotope of gold end result.

You can also work backwards from Bismuth but it's more complicated.
So in that regard, you *can* work up from lead. Seriously, one could actually build a large nuclear element synthesizer that could produce virtually any isotope you could want if you threw all care about economics and reason out the window. It's just a pointlessly severe feat of engineering.

Sure. Proper weapon storage is a mandatory requirement for having a gun licence in Norway. I also just bought a new cabinet for storing ammo actually. From IKEA no less.

well, we were talking lead, so fussion. And I didn't say it's complicated, just retardedly expensive and slow
I don't know what nanotechnology kraut was talking about. Nano stuff is orders of magnitude larger than atomic.

>Makes thread about gold

Are you by chance part of some "special" people?

Attached: 1515651475880.jpg (719x553, 70K)

Put up a "cash 4 gold" sign out and let niggers do the work for you.

Except for the sovereigns I bought most of this before 2007. I think I made a pretty good investment even if it drops to $1000, but what if it goes up to $2400?

Attached: IMG_2705.jpg (3000x2250, 1.77M)

I personally own 206g of gold bolium and 1.6kg of silver coins.
Thinking of upping my silver to 10kg.
Goal is to accumulate as much wealth outside the bank as possible, while keeping chump change in fiat.

Attached: 20180416_150828.jpg (910x857, 266K)

no
you don't buy gold. Ever. Or silver. Or Bitcoin. Or anything.

None of you brainless niggers have mentioned rare earths.
Kill yourselves.

>north korea about to integrate into the western economy
>buying rare earths
Fucking retarded.

Gold does not provide much returns. It's a safe buy though.
But buying land is a definite gain.
My dad build bought land and bulid a 3 storey apartment.We live in 1st floor while the ground, 2nd and 3rd floor are occupied by tenants.
It's paying for mortgage as well as my college education.
Will be mortgage free in 15 years, then everything is a profit. If we sell it after 20 years. It will give us 5X initial price. This is how real estate works in India.

Gold is naturally the greatest money of all time. It is divisible, easily recognizable, fungible, and an excellent store of value. Gold is the currency of all free peoples and great empires throughout history. Once an empire or its people gave up gold (corruption), it invariably suffered price inflation, debt, ruin and collapse. Fiat currency is the money of slaves. Jews, usurers, and most notably central banks have been fighting gold circulation ever since the inception of debt-based currency. For Jews, it is a free ride; free income, and their first lever of power over the goyim.

>storing your money in any medium that can be stolen
i buy gold and grind it up into dust then drink a little bit in my orange juice every morning. my net worth is nearly up to 200k now, all stored safely within my body

Don't do it OP, you'll be attracting jews like flies drawn to shit.

Varies depending on your living situation. I store both locally and in a vault.

Yeah, if he buys water & hides it away some place then in 10 years time it'll be worth............ fuck all because it's just water.

GOLD IS A STANDARD OF TRADE/VALUE AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Even if some kind of collapse happens gold will still rule. Sure water and bullets might be all people want for the first 2-3 months but you will always need a standard of value for trading.

Your going to get robbed or killed for all that steel by one man with a gun. Then he will trade it all for gold, which he will use to buy food/guns/ammo.

It's a meme that gold is just shiney metal. It will always be earths standard of value.

Gold is crap as a currency because there's not enough of it.

A government can create fiat currency and use it to serve the people. Or it can use gold currency and serve gold while the people starve.

>buy steel not gold
lol moron

Yeah, your weapons are not going to appreciate in value sry.

>SHTF
Why do preppers always infect these threads with their tin foil hatted bullshit, go back to your bunkers with your tinned beans.

>faggot flag
Way to prove yourself wrong

>So in that regard, you *can* work up from lead.
sure thing mr alchemist

>not having a good investments portfolio
>asking a politics board about investment advice
Go to college, take a fundamentals of personal finance and investments course, or go on investopedia, use the simulator and treat it like the game it is. After a solid year of trading and doing well (whether by fundamental or technical analysis, or ideally both), then take your Roth and Traditional IRA, in kind the trad to the Roth, and trade, trade, trade. Also, put your 401k in your roth, your 403b/457 if you're public employee (which honestly you should be the system's bent toward them may as well join them), and a Taps plan if you're military like me.
Don't act dumb. Get like 5% of your starting portfolio in gold if you love gold so damn much. You'll quickly realize why it's not a good investment long term compared to proper securities trading with options.

I'd rather buy canned food, tools, wood, metals, weapons etc.

People invest in gold when the bust comes, which will probably be in the beginning of trumps third year (fed gonna raise rates), and then gold will be a safe haven while the west crumbles.

I wouldn't say its a bad idea to start now.

>Sure water and bullets might be all people want for the first 2-3 months

This, if a collapse happens alooooot of people will die, once the population becomes stable again we will return to a basic form of barter, the most common thing to trade would become goods for goods but gold would still hold a good value, because the meme (not your sad pepe) of golds value will still be imprinted in peoples minds

I would say between 5-12 months tho

I wear 18grams of 14k gold around my neck (about 10 grams pure gold) and another 10 grams of 18k gold (7.5grams pure gold) on my finger.

just so you all arnt so retarded let me explain how gold purity is figured out

14k is 14/24 parts gold. easy math: 14/24 = 58.xxx% gold
18k is 18/24 parts gold. easy math: 18/24= 75% gold
10k is 10/24 parts gold . easy math: 10/24 = 41.xx% gold

There, you all learned something today. its astonishing how many people just dont get this or claim it goes over there head. i remember my 3rd grade science teacher explained this to us and it always stuck. I'm 25 now and... people are just retarded.

Attached: s-l225.jpg (225x225, 9K)

get cummed on, in 10 years global desertification will have reached a tipping point and you'll be sucking your dads nuts for 100ml of water daily

desertification only happes in countries where niggers cut down all the trees

>10 grams of gold
>rich
it's like 1500PLN for a 10 gram gold bar
and i said every couple of months when i have some money saved up

Buy small amounts of gold(easier to sell) , try avoid coins. gold defend you from inflation do not think about it like investment.

you'll note i also said to invest in old growth lumber

invest in water and lumber and you win at the start and the end
in 10 years niggers will cut down your trees and, as predicted, you'll be shitting daily just to find a single ounce of nigger water

switzerland, the whole country is a vault

never a bad idea to have some hard assets like precious metals. In the event of an actual collapse of society most forms of currency (including gold) will be useless in the very beginning, food, water, medicine, shelter, weapons, and heat will be most desirable. You may be able to trade gold for those items, but people will likely barter other usable goods, or just kill and take them outright, Once the immediate aftermath is over, and society begins to rebuild somewhat, its highly likely that some form of economy will begin to develop, precious metals are the most logical form of "currency" in that case, as they are universally recognized as valuable and have been for thousands of years. Also gold can be viewed as a way to preserve your purchasing power in the event of heavy inflation. Gold is a finite resource, and there will come a day where even small amounts of bullion are far too expensive for people to actually buy.

tl:dr Not a bad idea to have some gold, keep some fiat handy too, large bills are fine but keep some smaller ones to make change, ect.

I'm leaning more towards seeing $2400 before we see $1000 again but if it did go to $1000 or lower I'd just keep buying anyway.

Lithium hold outs on gibs within 5 years.

Why do they use 24 instead of 1 or 100?

>.gov drone believes in the system

What a surprise. I bet you're going to school to be a lawyer of some sort too.

>Not enough gold.
I recommend reading "The New Case for Gold" by Jim Rickards to dispel the common myths about gold.
>Government uses fiat currency to serve the people.
On which planet? That never happens. Government takes care of the (((connected))) and itself; the rest of the citizenry are an afterthought. Fractional reserve / fiat currency relies on inflicting debt and inflation upon the citizenry. Inflation is the insidious tool used to rob the middle class of their savings and buying power, discouraging responsible savings, while encouraging wild speculation.
>Gold currency causes poverty and starvation.
Fun fact: every country which is starving (ex: Venezuela) instituted fiat currencies which enabled the government to irresponsibly bankrupt the nation until the only people who can afford to eat are the ones who possess gold instead of worthless paper. Owning gold is not an investment; it is a hedge against the world turning upside-down. Diversify, but make sure you own some gold, too.

I'd rather just scavenge for steel needs. Gold is a denser form of value. It doesn't tarnish or oxidize. This is why it's good in electronics but also why people used it for money: you can't counterfeit gold's shine. It's a soft, heavy, permanently shiny metal. It's value comes from it's shine, unironically.

It would also raise the price of any element it makes due to the cost of production. That's why nobody is doing it and people used to look for the mythical cold fusion

why, so china and russia can make they value skyrocket?
actually yes buying gold now is a good idea.

Long, but worthwhile read

Attached: 1524969509003.jpg (1504x2964, 315K)

yes
dollar is gonna collapse by 2020 max
it's been long over due

>if you're so eager to invest in some kind of metal: steel.

>Not buying lead

I dunno about your country. but there the bars and stamp are taxed.

50€+ a fucking gram stamp it's just a joke.

On the other side there is union latin coins then french gold coins from 1800 to 1920 or so who are very affordable in europe it's 900/1000 just like american ancient gold coins.

count 215€ right now to get 5.9 pure gram of gold. (6.5g 900/1000 if i remember correctly )

Thoses are the best invest in europe as i saw on the webs all over europe.

Forget about silver bars too it's quoted 25% more than the price it worth in real most of time because of taxes i guess, better buy 1 ounce coins like the mapple leaf one you can get them from 16.50€ each 31.15 g of 999/1000 silver. you save like 25-30€ instead buying a bar ... or it's more easy to use as well...

>Except for the sovereigns I bought most of this before 2007. I think I made a pretty good investment even if it drops to $1000, but what if it goes up to $2400?

1000$ to 2400$ on the pic ? kek

> showing pics worthing

the 3 coins on the up left already worth 900$.

there is more than 10k$ ont he table just with the 7 bar of gold if it's 1 ouce each.

> T you don't own shit.

Unless it is 99.99% it is crap.

>Unless it is 99.99% it is crap.

how so ? 999/1000 gold isn't nice in coins , it gets used quicly and disform with heat.

you can get coins 2 century old 900/1000 pure , and they are almost like brand new.

thereffore 999/1000 pure is not best to coins neither jewelry, because you will fuck it easy.

What?

Gold has been dropping value for decades. Seems like a horrible idea.

Its a good time to buy know its dropped about $100 its now $1300. Bulion Exchange and APMEX are the best places. Gold is a great investment. Debtors can pull it from your bank account, and it may become 5000 a ounce in the not so distant future. A good goal to set would to be to own a 100 grams. A 100 gram combibar is good enough

Palladium and other lesser known metals are also much superior to gold.

No

In 10 years time it'll be worth at least a few nestle stocks...Or rather it will be measureable in nestle stocks.

I'm considering silver myself. Gold is too valuable to trade for more common items, silver will be easier to trade for necessities.
My take on it anyway, I'm only just looking at it now and waiting for the value to drop to the mean for the month. Down the track I'll probably invest in some gold too.

Gold is good because it’s chemically stable but otherwise it’s worthless as a form of currency. Its only value is that there demand for it.

Lead > other metals.

Don't let people say gold is worthless. Gold was worth $200 a ounce in 2001. That was not to long ago. now today its $1300, that's $1100 profit per ounce if you bought any back then. Ever since 911 gold has sky rocketed. Don't let these idiots try to tell you to buy bitcoin or something stupid

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

>>Jow Forums

the 3 10$ gold coins worth already 600€ each without counting the collector face value , my bad i tought it was 1/4 ounce (300$) while it's already 1/2 ounce.

how the fuck do you arrive with only 1000 to 2400 ?

>Gold has been dropping value for decades. Seems like a horrible idea.

not really. worthed 12k€ a kg when i was kids. now it worth 34k€ +

do you really think wage / inflation goes 260% last 20 years ?

The value of gold has dropped since 2004. Also inflation eats away most of that profit.

Retarded Frenchie thinks you were saying all your gold is worth 1k-2k

I have 60 grams in gold chain and bracelet with a 1 ounce pamp pendant. If shit ever goes south you can take a plane with that shit around your neck and Houdini on some muther fuckers.

Been a while since I've seen this. thx.

Ah no, it peaked in 2011. Since then it has been fall.

Come think of it knowing org chem is probably the most usefull skill one can have.

I mean per ounce. I bought everything on the table (except the sovereigns) when gold was between $300 and $700 per ounce.

For things like biodiesel you mean?

Should get on the Rhodium rollercoaster

Attached: rhodium.png (912x492, 122K)

yes
buy it
stash it
only let your heir know where it is
use opsec
never discuss it online, on the phone, text, etc

It is always easier to buy gold than it is to sell gold. When you go to sell everyone wants below market for it, so you are going to lose 10%-20% if not more of the value trying to sell it. If you buy below market and you don't know what the fuck you are doing you could end up ripped off.

Side note, Cheese has a greater return on investment than gold. A 15 year old wheel of Bitto Storico can sell for $5,000. The demand is high currently and only goes up over time. If you buy a three 10 year old wheels, you can store it for 5 years and make $6K+

That being said, if you are investing in gold that means you have money to invest. Instead of holding it a bank accoung or converting the money into precious medal, use the money to create a business or buy into part ownership of a business. Either of those two things will have a much higher rate of return than saving your money. Even if it just a hot-dog stand or coffee cart. You can lease land from amusement parks and set up shop there having someone else (minimum wage) sell $4 coffee all day long.

Gold is not an investment like stocks... it is a store of value. An ounce of gold could buy you a nice new suit back in 1920. The suit cost about $20 back then... today an ounce of gold still buys you a good suit. But the suit costs $1,200... don't look at gold as something to make money. It is something to protect your wealth from inflation and fall in value of other assets.

For example. Imagine being able to pull acetone from your ass in a post apoc society.

>Gold is not an investment like stocks... it is a store of value
This is the essence of this thread.

>I mean per ounce. I bought everything on the table (except the sovereigns) when gold was between $300 and $700 per ounce.

I better understand now , I wish i did same as kid.

Seem like one of the safest invest anyway.

>Ah no, it peaked in 2011. Since then it has been fall.

You said droped for decades , an ounce in 98' coasted 300$ , now it worth 1300$ ...

I know, sorry for the mistake. Still I don’t see gold regaining momentum.

another important skillset would be gardening, in terms of growing crops and useful plants. eg: Hemp can be used in the creation of biodiesel, but it does require a lot of alcohol I'm pretty sure. Very limited knowledge on the matter, but yeah

Also explosives might come in useful if the accelerationists get their act together.

If gold is so goid, why did Iran take payment in us cash and not gold bullion for our welfare queens?