Why do liberals keep using "whataboutism" to shut down arguements? What the fuck does it even mean...

Why do liberals keep using "whataboutism" to shut down arguements? What the fuck does it even mean? It's a completely made up word like xenophobia.

Attached: 1493672719244.jpg (500x479, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=whataboutism,right side of history,dog whistle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not allowed to address downstream effects of terrible policy. That's what it means.

Their entire life is a fantasy so of course it’s made up words

Continue please.

"Whataboutism" is literally "don't make me apply my reasoning uniformly across multiple scenarios". It's people incapable of thought rejecting your request for them to do so.

Attached: 1512838877814.jpg (317x629, 37K)

Xenophobia has been a word for centuries

I wanna hear just one time. "What about those poor Nazis who where not killing Jews. Or those poor Chinese soldiers who were forced to execute 60 million of thier own people. So sad

I've never heard or read this expression before. However Jow Forums usually forecasts what I'm about to see in reality. What does this word and argument mean?

This. OP pls no be brainlet in future.

Shit my autism is showing.

Regardless it has been butchered by liberals and they have hijacked it to use it to avoid speaking on sensitive topics of migrants. Same with Whataboutism and other bullshit SJW lingo. Instead of debating they fling a buzzword out to avoid having to engage in the conversation.

i can't believe how stupid you are. it's a deflection tactic
>why did you punch that guy?
>well why did hillary do that thing
>no, thats not what we're talking about, i asked why you hit him
>well hillary....

So literally what Obama and Hillary have been doing? Its literally what all politicians do so the fact the left calls it a specific name and links it to Trump shows the obvious bias. What happened when Obama deflected with "whataboutism" like how you bitch at Trump? It has been done by both sides but it all the sudden is a trump thing because the left doesn't like it. That is the hard truth.

obviously it wasn't just invented, but if you're going to pretend like trump and co. don't take it to the fucking extreme, then you either aren't paying attention or you just dont care

it means "i can throw stones in my glass house all i want and you cant stop me, bigot"

sounds like a personal bias issue to me, neolib

The "what about" information is often relevant. "Whataboutism" is a cheap tactic to dismiss it with an official-sounding term, similar to how spergs talk about "fallacies" all the time.

neolib LOL

LOL

thats not what whataboutism is. its whataboutism when its NOT relevant. obviously relevant information is relevant. are you okay? is there a gas leak?

Just like the left can't meme they cling to stupid sounding words/phrases and try to force everyone to use it, like "nothing burger." I guess it fits in with their word policing nature, they try to get you to stop using words while also inventing new retarded shit. Also they'll use any tactic to avoid an argument that cites factual sources; once their pretentious words/phrases fail or their terrible memes fall flat they just block you. Never seen a right-winger block someone, honestly. It's always the left.

Meme flag has best post

Mainly used to shut down your observation that they hold a hypocritical double standard.

eg.- "How can you support a candidate with a history of questionable ethical practices like Drumpf or Moore?!?!?!? I'm a morally superior person (virture signalling) I would never do so."

"Didn't you support Hillary Clinton?"

"HUURR Whataboutism, not discussing this with you anymore."

LOL

All words are made up words you fucking dork
We just attach grunts together to make words

"But Hillary" is often relevant, because it reveals a moral inconsistency in the person criticizing Trump. It's another way of saying "you don't really have a well-defined sense of right and wrong, this is just partisan goal-scoring".

They don't want their hypocrisy pointed out.
>B-but the right does it too
We use their tools against them. They try to use their tools against us.

I won't deny he does deflect but you line of thinking insists others didn't do this constantly. It's the hypocritical to point out on Trump because politicians have used it for years. What the hell do you think Obama was doing every time he had a tough question? For God sakes his press Secretary did it almost everyday. Bush used It like crazy too yet it was not a topic of discussion until trump.It pisses me off that you have to make it a point to call trump out while ignoring the other politicians. No one acts like Trump is perfect but when you try to correlate whataboutism to just trump you are exposing the bias of all of government. ALL politicians use it to the extreme. It's just Trump caused a major uproar with his win so it's another mob technique to discredit anything he does. The fact you can't see the hypocrisy shows you willful ignorance. This is used to literally shut down any argument that does not have a answer that you want.

do you know how many times ive heard 'but hillary' etc when I ask a literal yes or no answer? 95% of trumps boot lickers just can NOT even come close to admitting one iota of culpability, for ANYONE on their 'side'. its insane. its so fucking cult like. its like half of you get off on authoritarianism. most of my leftist friends are quick to be critical of the supposed leaders of our own movements. you can't ever stop being critical about those in power. but then again i hang out commies, not libs

He meant islamophobia, anti-semitism and the revised definitions of gender and racism they have been trying to push.

>do you know how many times ive heard 'but hillary' etc when I ask a literal yes or no answer?
Maybe your question relates to something Hillary did?

>its like half of you get off on authoritarianism
I do. What's your point?

i dont think you're completely wrong here, but I still think the scales are way tipped.

libshit LOL

>Maybe your question relates to something Hillary did?
its like you're actually trying not to comprehend what im saying

We lose the moment we even start arguing. Arguments change nothing, since nobody listens to them, and status quo suits the left just fine. There is only one thing everyone listens to: violence. If we're ready to use it, we might win. If not, we've already lost.

I'm saying nobody is obligated to respect your request for a yes or no. "But Hillary" is just a nicer way of saying "fuck you, answer MY question".

i appreciate you conceding the point. maybe one day it'll sink in

I can't even imagine being this autistic.

It's a defense mechanism developed to avoid accusations of hypocrisy.

This is a commonly used tactic applied mainly by the left these days. If there's some arbitrary behavior you want to attack, create a vaguely defined name for it and push it as hard as you can. When there's a label you can more easily communicate your desired message to both your allies and enemies. By leaving the term somewhat broad and ill-defined, you can apply it as an attack to a variety of targets.

This is what 'whataboutism' is, and it's what 'alt-right' is.

>Why do liberals keep using "whataboutism" to shut down arguements?
Because John Oliver said it on his show. Whenever they hear or see something "clever" on NPR or John Oliver or Steven Colbert or et. al. then they regurgitate it everywhere and then suddenly it's a thing.
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=whataboutism,right side of history,dog whistle

Attached: 119px-Check_The_Current_Year.png (119x120, 29K)

Ripley was a xenophobe.
She didn't want to let an alien on board their ship but (((Ash))) lets them in anyway.

>Whenever they hear or see something "clever" on pol or alex jones or grandmas facebook wall or et. al. then they regurgitate it everywhere and then suddenly it's a thing

Why can you people only repeat someone else's argument? You just did what he's accusing you of doing, and you think it's some kind of rebuttal.

>When you had two choices, why did you pick choice B?
"Because choice A was worse"
>Woah there why can't you be honest and talk about B? Why does it always have to be A, A, A, can't you defend B and stand on your own feet? A won the popular vote and you're just mad that B is terrible!

It's just a way for them to redirect blame and keep the heat on what they want to hinder. When presented with a choice, you either agree with them or they berate you for not going along with what they want.

no i thought it was funny. he described current universal meme culture and pretended like it was a leftist thing
>in my opinion, the day after thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year

The best thing to do in this situation is to just dump redpills for the audience. If someone's being disingenuous, ignore them and steal their platform.

Literally how? No one was screaming about Whataboutism when Obama gave Iran 40 million in ransom money and constantly just changed the topic in why he did it. What about when Bush claimed there was WMDs and was asked about evidence? Where was the uproar then? Its not a valid argument it's a attempt to shut the other side down. When a individual who DID the exact same shit is brought up on the topic at hand hypocrisy is shown since the statement is using the word to pussy out of the argument. Also the whole point of presidents is to learn from mistakes and compare to how the previous admin did. Its impossible to not include Hillary and Obama for almost any argument against Trump since the main criticism when going after those 2 is

>BUT BUSH DID X

>Made up word
You should have used psycophant. Liberals love the shit out of it recently, probably because they finally learned how to use the thesaurus on MS Word

Whataboutism is something the USSR did. People would pint out some atrocity committed by the Soviets, and they would say "well what about (event in capitalist country that wasn't nearly as terrible)"?

As usual it's leftists projecting the truth of their character on others as a way of denying who they really are.