What can you do with a degree in the humanities?

For example History, literature, archeology, philosophy.

Attached: humanities-graphic_4c-smaller-size.jpg (564x480, 208K)

fuck yourself with a buttplug

All fake news.
I study geology.

be a historian/teacher, writer/critic, archeologist, barrista

History is good for getting into investment banking.

Probably nothing unless you're already well connected or have something else going. Just go into STEM or the trades.
t. musician turned computer scientist

Lots of people get jobs that are unrelated to their degrees. College is just for weeding out the really dumb people. Though I think Masters programs will start to do that soon.

>College is just for weeding out the really dumb people

Attached: 1523836424950.jpg (360x245, 43K)

Punch nazis and cry alot.

Oh, *humanities*.
Just cry alot then.

>arts
>philosophy
>religion
>history

I'm a humanities student at that shit as actually
>masculinity
>race
>feminism
>agency

what is agency about? How is it those fields talk about feminism?

fpbp by far perhaps ever

Attached: 1517548251469.png (716x757, 18K)

>History
You can be a librarian or tour guide at a museum
>Literature
You can be a high school english teacher
>archeology
You can go on digs and see ancient aliens, giant skeletons, and all kinds of shit we're not supposed to know about
>philosophy
College professor. One of my favorite hires as a programmer for AI research was a philosophy major, though. Some of them just plain know how to think.

Much.

Dont you see thats the whole world is in conflicts based around humanities fields? Nobody fights over math or chemistry. We fight over history, religion, ideas, etc.

Be smart and use this.

Why not learn how to think for yourself, instead of shelling out to be told what to think? This they call "smart".

>nobody fights over math or chemistry
P != NP PROOVE IT FAGGOT ALSO CARBON DIOXIDE IS WARMING THE PLANET AND THERE'S NOTHING IN THE WATER THAT TURNS THE FRICKIN' FROGS GAY TAKE YOUR VACCINES

History, Sociology and Political science tie into economics and you can work as an analyst with any of those.
With a dual degree in economics you'll be sought after in financial management.

Archaeology ... You fight holes and reconstruct shit.
If you have historical art as a dual degree then you can work on restoration projects and become an overpaid construction worker.

The rest is all about teaching properly and passing down a logic to the scientific process... At least philosophy and linguistics are vital for that.

But yeah that's about it.

Hobo like Diogenes.

I have a masters degree in history. I'm currently finishing my teaching degree, in my country you can only teach the last two years of high school if you have a masters. I like teaching and if I can find a nice woman to settle down with I'll gladly do this for the rest of my life. I prefer it over a desk job that's for sure.
If not I'll probably end up traveling and living all over the world because I can't think of anything else that would bring me fulfilment, if I don't have a family to care for.

Most of my friends that have already graduated seem to get into either
>academia (only top students of course)
>cultural heritage sector: museums, one-time projects, tourism, etc. (this field is very competitive unfortunately)
>libraries & archives
>education
>journalism
>politics
>government
>banking, for some reason a history degree is useful for this? Idk it's not just one or two people I know, seems quite common
>random white collar jobs that require a non-specified masters degree

Job market is by no means great but people tend to exaggerate how useless a history degree is. At least where I live, I obviously can't judge the situation abroad.

a humanities degree alone is absolutely worthless on the job market.

wipe your arse with it
especially with archeology
fuck me

True, it really does show how stupid someone is when they put themselves hundreds of thousands into debt for a piece of paper that has no guarantee of any return on investment.

Either write books or teach. Only way to get a proper job with those degrees outside of university is through good connections. Literature and philosophy are completely useless memedegrees that nobody would miss if they didn't exist, and while history and archeology do offer some possibilities (mainly working in museums or public service), there are way to many graduates.

If you want to study any humanitarian "science", theology is your best bet. If you're part of a major christian church or muslim society, at least.

But honestly, learning a trade and studying engineering are the only safe ways to make money. Everything else will be either subject to personal connections (humanities, languages, psychology, all the pseudo-sciences like homeopaths and NLP) or your own skill (economics, natural sciences, math).

Law School. we need more lawyers

also, govt admin....need more of those, too.

ROTC :)

Arceology amazing only in movies?

Be my bitch.
I am a chicago chef, and the waitress that wants Saturday night must be hit and willing. All that thanks to her Liberal arts degree.
Note Im the owner. But also managers do this. Better bend over girl. Quickie in the bathroom.

Nothing.

Attached: 74CE83DC-591D-4EFB-B36C-6D7362AB382E.jpg (962x975, 117K)