Why do Americans live like this?

Why do Americans live like this?

Attached: us vs europe.jpg (1523x1148, 508K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: American suburb.png (960x520, 814K)

Mostly (((bankers))) convincing the American white middle class that the ultimate goal in their life is to own a single family house as far away from the urban center as possible, that their value as a human being is a magic number that determines their ability to acquire the debt necessary to purchase one such house, and that their house will devalue below the price they paid for it if residential and commercial spaces are not adequately segregated by a span of several miles.

Rapid expansion. Basically a tumor.

It's comfy and nigger/Muslim-free.

it all started with white flight

because our states are the size of your nations

Fuck trains.

Homes are cheaper in America than yurope
Grouping car dealers makes it easier to shop around
Trees take time to grow

It's because I get harassed by brown people whenever I take public transit.

I took a bus once in Switzerland. It was wonderful. Everyone acted White.

Attached: 1516602536957.jpg (720x692, 49K)

Hey, just because you're bad with money doesn't mean the rest of us are.

A lot of this was only possible because Americans bought into the automobile meme during the post-war generation. Some american cities like LA dismantled their public transit system precisely because cars became affordable and widely available and americans slowly adapted to the idea of long distance commuting.

because physical distance equates to freedom from other people. who the fuck wants to be able to see/hear their neighbors if they don't have to.

modern condos are great at noise insulation but I've seen the shitty commie blocks and 100 year old townhouses the majority of you faggots live in.

Tfw all of Texas is like this

Not anymore.

Because the country is too big
Families moved around too much, also you have to take in the fact, that americans dont really have the roots that europeans have
European build houses that stand there for hundreds of years/generations, made from concrete etc
Americans build houses out of wood, so they can leave it behind easily if some other state is calling, or they take it with them
Also you have several basic that you need to have in a small town, like a restaurant, a car dealership, gas stations etc
Thats why all looks the same, because the fluctuations in terms of demographics is so high. so if people move to a new area, some people will instantly try to make money by opening said basics, and who knows, if the area holds its ground, or people move away, where in europe, villages been here for hundreds of years, and they stay there
They only get bigger over time, it rarely happens that a village gets smaller

They didn’t dismantle anything they just switched to buses

Lol, stroads are so goofy looking

Because we have so much more space than European states.
Housing in the suburbs is cheaper than housing in the city because its farther away. At least its supposed to be.
Also the addicts and homeless stay in the cities so you don't have to live around them.

>starting in the low 650s
>texas

Because it's a good way to keep poorfags out of my fucking neighborhood. If you can't afford a car, you can't get to where I live.

How's the easy mass migration workijg out for you, dumbass?

They're sick in the head.

europoors should come in and live in our urban centers before they celebrate them

Very true.
Isn't East Texas still too poor and Southern for that?

Cities are filled with niggers. The safest way to avoid them is to move vast distances from urban centers, and use metal boxes to cart you around their habitat to minimize exposure to them.

If Europe continues its immigration policy, they will understand soon.

It was incidental really, and it contributed to the nihilation of the cultural logic of Americans.

Our land developers are greedy cunts and the US doesn't allow for mixed use zoning. You can't have low density commercial zoning in residential areas.
It's fucked.

Attached: 1455748424840.jpg (1600x1200, 828K)

They dismantled the tram system.

>Tastse of China

>public transportation everywhere
And that's why you have niggers and sandniggers everywhere.

Because it was not profitable
Buses went everywhere the red car did

Why is that anyway? In Europe you can typically walk from your house to any common type of business.

it's like living on a chain of desert islands and the only way to get to any other desert island is by owning a car, obviously non-adults and young adults suffer from this the most, especially if they don't have family that can have cars themselves.

Suburbs are /comfy/, what's the problem?

You'd rather be crammed into high rises like sardines?

You can do this in America too if you are not fat

>yuropoors can't afford cars or nice homes
>REEEEE FUCKING AMERIMUTTS YOU WISH YOU HAD A BICYCLE AND STUDIO APARTMENT LIKE ME IT'S CALLED CULTURE

Even if you have more space doesn't mean you should waste it, you argument is literally just "it keeps us away from other people" and then you wonder why communities are dead.

Dear god I hate this shit
>tfw urbanization is inevitable and the whole country will be paved over in concrete eventually
>tfw republicans care more for business than nature eveb though bebeinin touch with the outdoors is the truest conservative life
>tfw democrats are virtue signaling fags who care more about vice filled "urban parks" than actually conserving wildlife
>tfw being off the grid is illegal

It's a really big contributor to the lack of mental health in this country I think.
Everyone is stuck in their own bubble.

Attached: 1483559794295.jpg (2658x1772, 1.61M)

Trains can have 1st class areas

the only thing wasteful about this is that the houses are 1 floor instead of two.

Attached: american commie blocks.jpg (1200x900, 388K)

By bicycle, yes, walking, at least a 30-minute walk each way. But because most roads lack even a painted bicycle lane, you'd be better off driving.

reminds me of an article I read a while back that showed a link between new bus stops and increases in crime

>the Ft Bend County, TX starter pack

Super market is a 10 minute walk from my house

No one buys two story homes in Phoenix.
It's too hot, the market demands ranch styles.

Attached: 1486234313006.png (790x732, 946K)

I've heard that from people all over the world. Seems to be worse on the West Coast than in the center of the country. The pharma$eutical industry pushes drugs a lot, too.

Attached: 1499116153485.png (572x505, 92K)

Can’t even get mad at this.

So wtf do you do if you run out of milk or whatever? Get in your car and drive for half an hour?
My nearest high street is only a couple of roads away. If I ever need to go to the grocery store, butchers, bakery, pharmacy, pub etc it's just a 5 minute walk away.

It's not hard to get a car.

You're in the wrong burbs then. You can check the demographic makeup of any given town from the 2010 census on Wikipedia. It's usually a solid indicator.

They usually have convenience stores near main road intersections. Bike, walk, ride. America is a big place my guy.

>compare EU cities vs USA suburbs
>compare EU farmlands vs USA cities
>notice a difference

WEW LADS WHAT A GOOD SLIDE THREAD!

Stores are not far from suburbia

The reason for the difference in OP pic that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that European cities are much older than American cities (generally), and were planned before there were cars. Their networks were designed for pedestrian and horse (with cart) traffic, and are narrow, dense, etc.
American cities on the other hand are much younger, and many were still small when the car became available. This allowed them to expand their networks with cars in mind, leading to the pics in this thread where everything revolvs around car travel. You can't walk to most stores locally and conveniently, everything is based around big roads and shopping center parking lots, suburban sprawl, etc.

Ironically, the next phase of urban development has been to place more emphasis on alternate means of transportation such as walking, biking, and public transit. This works well in Europe because the cities were already designed to function like this. They only had to implement connecting highways and arterial roads, but the American model is not well suited to this because we went all-in on the "car only" model.
We are starting to make progress in some cities, but our existing infrastructure is already going to shit so maintaining that has taken away funding for an ambitious network project.

Yes. That is normal in America.

Attached: 1478878765558.jpg (960x958, 96K)

This is just fucking depressing. No nature, no privacy, way too many people, everything looks the same etc.

Why would anyone want to live there? It’s nothing but row after row of colorless bland houses. I bet you most of these people work at offices as corporate slaves, too. Truly living the American Dream.

Because fuck having neighbors. I live out in the woods for a reason. Now fuck off.

America is a huge fucking place with a lot of variety.

Attached: google earth 1.png (1256x651, 2.12M)

have you ever been in big european cities?
in london perhaps?
its shit with shit traffic and really dirty likr paris and berlin for example

literally niggers and spics

for every one person in your country, we have a thousand

Not everyone was lucky enough to be born in kekistan

The thing is, US appears to have more suburbs.

>No one buys two story homes in Phoenix.
lolwut I'm currently in my room, on the top floor of my two story home in Chandler. Fuck off.

Cause we don't like to literally live on top of each other you fucking communist faggot.

the right one looks like shit

The photos of Europe are what I always wanted to see and experience. I even considered living in Europe. Then the migrants came and I don't think it will ever be like it had been again. It's like an art gallery left it's door open and a thousand pigs ran inside and wrecked the place. It's sad.

American immigrants get free citizenship as long as they praise Kek once a day.

Attached: F5887335-DC04-4C78-849A-08E0CD249DFA.jpg (800x600, 116K)

As europoors are quickly finding out, anything niggers can get into (bus or public train stations) quickly turns to shit

i dont see anything wrong with it...
plus europe is now full of niggers

Drop the meme flag and I can help you understand. Until then, sage.

>muslim free

This is correct. Take your drugs and shoot up a cinema, hate on some group but never ever get your shit together or we would lose our fighting uruk-hai.

Now it's too late. America is already fucked. They basically took over after they got rid of Hitler, but no one noticed.

Put that house on the market and it will bring less than any ranch in your area. I can guarantee you.

>that bus stop

JUST

>comfy
you have adjusted to living like an insect, you status as a human has been revoked.

that didn't help. but it actually started with the automobile

if you want to get run over because there are no sidewalks.

it's because Europe developed when cars didn't exist, and probably zoning laws, retarded greed. Satan, basically.

>McMansion
>nice homes

Murica' freedumb

DFW is like that

Well.... Yeah. The UK is only as big as one of our states. Of course the US will have more of....well anything really. Except muslims. UK has us beat in that

>Being next to pakis on public transit anytime you want to go more than a few blocks away
>Living in a duplex so close to someone you can hear when Tyrone is over
>Lining up in Truck Attack Alley waiting to get snackbar'd

Euros will never know the joy of living in your own house in a majority white suburb and driving your own care through half the state

Pls no bully.

Attached: 1483559549709.jpg (1600x806, 482K)

GM bought up a majority of the railways and scrapped them in the 40s just so they could sell more cars
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy

population density in America is low actually compared to dense countries such as Germany.

>boomer mansions

Yeah spanish style roofs in the west, georgian architecture in the southeast, cape cod architecture in the northeast. The layout of every city is the same

This is wrong

Old town of Stockholm was developed from 1600's and forward, but the vast majoity of "old" Stockholm was developed in the 1800s-1900s. And the truth is that many american cities looked the same too. This sprawl thing is post WW2 thing mainly, it is not really "american". Europe on the other hand went for commie blocks post WW2.

Attached: iStock_000028099592Medium-1.jpg (1698x1131, 2.9M)

Since I got my license and my own car I haven't been ill

Normally would get fever once or twice a year

Been 2 years now no diseases

Public transport is literally slaveships full of aids

>unironically thinks that american cities are cleaner than european ones
Lmao
>checks flag
ah i see the issue

Only the "good" parts of my city are like this. The ghetto urban areas have bike lanes, trains and all the European stuff only with bad parking.

Lots of places in the US like that but with new homes in the low $200ks. Can't beat that price, I'll take the soul crushing urban planning that comes with it.

There is more people on anti depressants in Europe than in the USA and no not just the places with no sunshine.

>trying to live in the city
Why? Are you a degenerate?

So, why is this an agenda on here now? Was comfy, spacious living in defined and developed neighborhoods a problem? Were we all supposed to take the fucking bus, and live in apartments the size of jail cells where we want to constantly kill ourselves? You know, the places for single mothers and no connection to really go anywhere freely because you're confined to the limitations that is provided for you in your immediate area?

I'd love to sit in my own damn car, live in my own damn house not connected to another, and be responsible for my own person and being. Fuck this other commie shit, and fuck this thread.

Saged.

1800-1900 is mostly before cars were affordable to the masses, and a network structure would have been largely established at that point.

Here's an american example of an old city built before cars dominated