Why are you against free migration, Jow Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP

Why are you against free migration, Jow Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP.

Attached: 1375325642130.jpg (718x900, 107K)

(((economists)))

This bait thread has been done so many times.
Sage and report.

NO!!!!!

SHE REALLY DIDNT LOSE, DID SHE?!?!?!?!?!

SHE HAD A 95% CHANCE OF WINNING?!?!?!?!?!!?

FUCK!!!!!! FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Attached: IT WAS HER TURN!!!!!!!!!.jpg (1024x852, 131K)

>GDP
I was not aware we were competing with other planets.

Attached: 14480023286.jpg (350x396, 38K)

Of course this is coming from a fucking ancap, GDP and economic growth are not the most important things a nation should be striving for morality and preserving the nations culture and people should be the highest values of the society.

>the most important things a nation should be striving for morality
I don't want to base our policies on an imaginary concept like "morality"

>morality
>imaginary concept
Get your fedora outta here dude.

Gross domestic product, not global domestic product you nitwit.

How many thousands of times have you reposted this you faggot?

Oh look this thread again.

Pathetic spam faggot

This conversation often suffers from an imprecise and confusing treatment of the concept of FEASIBILITY. I support open borders as an abstract goal. But I also recognize that in the REAL WORLD, if you pushed border openness beyond a certain point people would revolt, institutions would collapse, and you'd be left with a much worse outcome that probably involves a re-imposition of strict border controls. So my position is that we should increase immigration and border openness as much as we can conditional on maintaining our well-functioning institutions and government. A good place to start, I think, would be to try free and open borders with some rich, English-speaking country. Like, if the US had totally open borders with New Zealand, I feel like that would work out just fine. Expand the circle from there to help build political and social support for open borders.

Attached: Bryan Caplan.png (1024x576, 627K)

Those economists are assuming that the your new neighbors would be as competent as you are. A dubious claim at best. Social capital, those things like technical skills, effective communication, and even just showing up to work on time, don't just happen. They
take generations to accumulate in a community. Additionally nothing would then stop blithering idiots from wrecking your country. Its completely possible that even their spawn will be blithering idiots as well. There is no study that successfully disassociates IQ with genetics despite multiple desperate attempts. Even if you completely slashed welfare the loss of social cohesion and likely upswing in crime would obliterate the few functioning economies that still exist in this world.

Attached: Just a pretty graph.png (308x164, 2K)

>Those economists are assuming that the your new neighbors would be as competent as you are.

Actually, they don't assume that at all.

immigration from poor countries to rich countries is very good for the immigrants though

Its been a disaster everywhere its allowed.

Attached: 1491334176141.jpg (800x655, 101K)

this

Attached: 1524176906458.jpg (700x502, 59K)

There model would have to imply or assume a competence range/level for migrants. A huge part of the GDP growth would be based on how competent they decided the migrants were. If you actually posted the (((source))) I'd be more convinced

Probably

because niggers need to stay in africa

>Why are you against free migration, Jow Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP.

incidentally, doubling the world's real gdp dramatically lowers the gdp for the competent people, doesn't it?

the average wage is 2.90/day? so if i accept open borders i can have my wages lowered to about 2% of what it was. wow. i think i'd rather let them die. they're just shaved apes

I should not have bumped.
The following were the correct responses to OP. Learn from my mistakes and follow their lead.

Also Sage

Open borders is white genocide. That's why I'm against it.