WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN GET AN INTERVIEW AT SHIT TIER JOBS THAT I APPLY TO?

WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN GET AN INTERVIEW AT SHIT TIER JOBS THAT I APPLY TO?
MIDDLE AGED WHITE MALE POSTING

Attached: rejection.png (711x78, 42K)

Shit tier jobs are for people with growth potential.

If you're middle aged and have never progressed past the entry level, you have failed and should change industries because no company worth working at will take a risk on someone who has proven that they do not have the potential to grow.

Apply at a temp agency there should be a few of them in your area.

Temp agencies. You really need to go through employment or temp agencies. It's HR standard practice to go through them.

I can't get an interview, period.

You can always work at the 711.

tried that - they have 8-9 dollar labor only. I make more than that at my current job

I'm in my 20's with two (worthless) degrees and I can't even get a reply from the hundreds of jobs I've applied to. They won't even send me a rejection.

>
Wow, that's insane

Where are you?

And found the winner

Sadly Trader Joe’s and Costco are the only jobs that exist now where you can make a liveable income
I’m trying hard to get into one of them

Have you tried using a Jewish-sounding last name on your resume?

Simply applying isn't enough. Follow up is key. I won't even consider interviewing an applicant unless they've followed up on the status of their application.

>Job, Burger flipper, entry level
>6 years experience required
>Bachelors preferred but not mandatory
It's so hard to get your foot in the door no wonder people decide to leech.

Try some old fashioned canvassing around local businesses

Brainlet. Deport yourself to india where they sill have monkey-tier work

Get one of those DNA tests that add the fake 1% African to the results, then just mark that you're black on the applications and get that sweet diversity quota spot

Attached: freerealestate.png (200x200, 39K)

Boomer detected

>Apply to Sams Club for 2nd job because 4 day weekend and I'm bored
>Get a call in 6 hours and hired

Literally happened yesterday. I work Tues-Thurs 12 hour days. Now I work Fri-Mon at Sams Club. $25/hr on my first job. $14/hr at Sams Club. 80 hour week work aslkskdf

eat shit HR faggot

i must be a brainlet
i don't even understand what you're telling me to do
i should go to india to look for a job is what you're saying? do they pay better?

I find modern HR one of the least likely departments to reply to my inquiries. I have contacted random department heads with better response times

I haven't tried wal world.. it's a rough job, but I suppose stocking shelves is better than putting up with day-long diversiteh

I applied for forklift mechanic and stocker. I got stocker. Still I don't have to deal with niggers and spics so its pretty good for $14. I would say inventory counting jobs, construction, warehouse jobs are good too. I mean it might suck for 1-2 months but if you regularly eat and do bodyweight shit everything will be fine.

Plus it keeps you active and you don't turn into a fat fuck

It's illegal to discriminate in your hiring process based on age. The "five years experience" bit is just a legal way of automatically eliminating the idiotic snowflake millennials fresh out of liberal arts college with their gender studies degree in hand.

This. Sometimes I have been so busy that the only thing that forces me to look at a resume is a phonecall. Following up puts you higher on the to do list and saves an employer the time of churning through usless piles of resumes. You wouldn't believe how time consuming it is, just to read a thousand resumes from people not even in the country, cant speak english or spell, zero skills. Calling in makes you a person, who is interested, takes initiative, and makes their name stand out. I want to hire someone who wants to work HERE, not just any job. Show you are interested. Get your name in their mind, show that you are willing to work to get the job. It illustrates you'll be a good employee that goes above for clients, not sits and waits for them to complain etc. Follow up/showing interest is the most SIMPLE way to get the job, because only 5 out of 100 do it.
When you call in, ask or tell them when you are calling back and DO IT. It sets you up to show them that you keep promises and you do what you say. "I don't want to bug them" is totally a death move.

how do you prove you didnt get the job due to those reasons though? you cant

It works. Go in and humanize yourself. At the very least it is harder to reject an actual human. Be nice to the secretary even if she is a total bitch. She is the first name you will drop when you apply. (I spoke to Susan, she said to contact you). She is also authorized to put your resume right into the garbage of you are a dick or pass it on and say "He was really friendly and told me he was excited to work here". She can also tell you the exact name of who you address the resume to. Which always looks better.

Start your own business instead user

Fuck it. Apply anyway. Hire for attitude, train for skill. The number one skill you should highlight is attitude. No matter what job.

when they make you fill out an equal employment thing, choose not to identify anything.
I've been unemployed for a year and didn't start getting interviews at all until two months ago when I stopped filling those out. Since then I've had 2 offers.

t. white male

Better learn to speak spanish, the only way you'll get a job in New Brazil.

LOL welcome to the real world bitch strap yourself in

And that's why you can't find a job

>The "five years experience" bit is just a legal way of automatically eliminating the idiotic snowflake millennials fresh out of liberal arts college with their gender studies degree in hand.
And all the other millennials, too

Kill yourselves, you fucking degenerates

It's affirmative action.
Why hire a white man that would of been on par with the job previously when you can hire a black man that is subpar?

I’ve also applied to roughly a hundred jobs in the last year, few even bother to send me a rejection and every follow up I’ve ever done except for one has been straight up ignored. It’s not like I’m a jobless college grad with no experience either. I make around 130k at my current job and have plenty of training, certifications, and job experience; I just rarely hear back from anyone.

Attached: 2739F929-7F3E-43F0-B3F4-56421188FBEA.png (512x447, 216K)

YOU westerners were trained to be consumers, not leaders

Lmao at you all

Go work for Amazon.

You need to pass a mouth swab drug test and you're hired, there isn't even an interview.

>be me
>be lardass with useless degree.
>only short term temp jobs.
>get fed up
>get an engineering degree. Because fuck being unemployable.
>graduate after an extremely hard fought slog.
>swimming in job offers, quadruple previous salary.
>feelsgoodman.jpg

yeah I don't think these fuckers are trying

>Bust my ass off for a degree in a particular field
>all positions want at least a few years of experience
>can't get a job because no experience
>can't get experience because no job

dafuq am I supposed to do? I'm fucking screwed.

Attached: pepe helium suicide.png (800x388, 107K)

lol those are two unlikely superlatives

>130k at current job plus certs
>no response

Because you have no useful skills and are worthless like most boomers

>MIDDLE AGED WHITE MALE
well there's your problem

Wait for these boomers to all die or retire I guess.

Because women are the gatekeepers at companies

>doing my job is hard, do it for me
Fucking canadians man

Except that's never going to happen. Most keep working forever until they die because of the recession. And even the ones who are financially well-off still just keep working forever and ever because muh 2nd house, muh boat, etc.

Wait for more old boomers to start dying en masse from ODing on opioids. They'll have no choice but to drop their stupid standards and hire younger people.

They're HR catladies. Their only role at the workplace is to convince everyone around them that they're relevant and necessary.

welcome to modern america, there's no good jobs anymore because people aren't retiring, we have a bigger population than ever, and 90% of jobs that aren't a McServiceJob were shipped to the third world decades ago

jesus, you young people are fucking dumb. "boo hoo i can't get a job or even a response, and i'm doing nothing to differentiate myself from the 100s or 1000s of other people applying on-fucking-line for the same shit job. don't tell me to do it the old-fashioned way, there's no way it could possibly work."

It’s sad but true, my current job has a good payout but is slowly killing me inside. I’ve even applied for jobs that would see my pay cut in half. The one thing my job has taught me is that money isn’t everything.

Attached: 3232F688-FF28-470B-88BB-0D9CD3DBEE58.jpg (800x1224, 153K)

become a teacher

You're lucky you even got a reply.

It's not even race shit although that plays a part. Most places have gotten rid of training departments and/or are lazy and don't want to take the week or few days it'd require to train someone so to get some entry level or bullshit job requires you to have a fucking college degree and 1-3 years of experience. Even being a fucking receptionist at this point requires a fucking college degree. It's ridiculous.

Just be grateful you live in the US, okay? It could be much, much worse

>try bothering local people who have no control over the hiring because they're all wageslave counter clerks
>just go in and demand to speak to the manager and tell them to hire you that's what i did back in the old days and it worked fine!
>when i was a teenager i just walked into a factory near my house and started cleaning and they hired me, that's how i had that job for 60 years!

I've been steadily employed for years now but when I was a teenager looking for summer jobs "pounding the pavement" was the advice I got. "Go apply online kid", without even asking for my name, was the only response I got from tens of employers. Maybe the job market is stronger for that low skill work now but that was a highly discouraging experience and really illustrated how much easier it was for the Boomer to find summer work as a teen

Only problem for me is that my particular job requires licensure, which expires after a certain amount of time. But it also requires me to do Continuing Education for license renewal. Doing CEs is expensive on your own, and most jobs pay for it. So the issue is in my field, nobody will even look at you as a potential hire unless you have licensure, and once you get licensure, the clock is ticking.

For fucks sake, if this shit continues, I'm going to end up in a situation where my license expires and then I'm boned for good.

How? At least you have sopa de macaca

>MIDDLE AGED
Well there's your prob-
>WHITE
OH NONONO
>MALE
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do you go in face to face and talk to people? I doubt it
Why does no one know how to get a job?
You can’t just apply and celebrate, getting a job is a job in itself. You have to put in the work, drive around, smile, talk, be friendly and in general work your ass off before you even get work.
If you can’t and don’t, you don’t deserve a job.

it probably will be that choice.. Wal Mart or Scamazon

kys kike

Yea, roughly a third of people 55 and older half less than 10k saved for retirement

>EFL fagpost
you are stupid, boomers fucking dominate most fields.

>Someone tells you how to get above 95% of the other applicants with 2 minutes of work
>You shit on them

lmao, enjoy your no-income life

When I was a kid, I had the exact same experience as what you describe. Kept walking around to different retail/service jobs trying to get a foot in the door, every single chain store basically just said "lol piss off and apply on our generic online application that probably just goes into the aether where nobody will ever see it".
The job I ended up landing was a mom-and-pop-shop where I was able to just walk in and end up talking to the owner. All the ones that required me to apply online literally never got back to me.

And of course, this "eye contact and a firm handshake" shit only works if we're talking about unskilled service work. Once we're talking about actually career jobs, good luck walking into some corporation or wherever and trying to talk to the manager/director and getting a job that way. Not going to happen.

>"Go apply online kid", without even asking for my name, was the only response I got from tens of employers.
Pretty much. Send in a resume online? They can ignore it. Otherwise you're applying through a third party. Laziness is the name of the game when it comes to modern companies. That's why so many go through temp agencies too. Can't be bothered to read a fucking application or resume, just have a third party funnel in the lemmings.

Temp agency

Through no merit of their own. If you never retire and your boomer boss can't fire you for fear of his own comeuppance for being as worthless of course you'll be overrepresented.

This. Networked the fuck for my defense job

AFAIK they want either young obamacare-covered yillennials, or medicare-covered boomers.. otherwise it's maybe middle-management Xers flopping around, or workers with specialized skills and certs

I DONT WANT TO FUCKING WORK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW DO I GET WELFARE

Attached: 1446375648352.png (1070x601, 463K)

>And of course, this "eye contact and a firm handshake" shit only works if we're talking about unskilled service work.
Exactly, I hate this advice because it doesn’t really apply to mid and upper level jobs.

Fuck that. Im not in HR or a catlady. Im speaking as a department head. I've hired and fires for more jobs than you've ever applied for. I've seen every type of resume and employee. Take the advice or leave it. Makes no difference to me.

Step 1: be non-white
Step 2: ????
Step 3: profit

So do your job and go through the resumes. Reading is hard, but i believe in you!

>read a thousand resumes from people not even in the country, cant speak english or spell
Why the fuck is this allowed? There's not even a pre-requisite for them to be in the country? Fuck that!

Precisely. The issue is that the Boomers and GenXers grew up in a time where the norm was to get hired at some place right out of highschool and then work your way up and continue working at the same place for decades until you retired. You could actually start min-wage at some place and get promoted internally to manager and beyond and raise a family on that.

That's the sort of mindset they bring when they give out this advice. They don't understand just how different the job market is for young people now.

>muh networking
For me its:
>apply on website for corporation
>wait
>infrequently get contacted for interview
>get skype interviewed, phone interviewed, or maybe 3 times a panel interview, mostly minorities
>get rejected or get no response at all

certain fields still have that 'suck dick your way in' system, but that's not going to happen with me

So why the fuck do you outsource your hiring process to third parties if you want people to come in and contact you anyway? Why is it that when people do try to come in and talk to someone, they just get laughed at and told to fuck off to their generic third-party online process?

>be raised on the firm handshake
>constantly having Hank Hill Bush flashbacks when crushing limp hands

If you can drive, drive uber cars while applying for better jobs.

Fucking boomer cunt, you're not going to be able to do that when you don't even know who is reviewing the applications to begin with, let alone who the fuck is actually the one hiring.
Fuck you, we can't even get to know people anymore because of people like you. Hurry up and fucking die so the rest of us can live 1/10 of what you cunts enjoyed. You faggots are the ones who tell us to apply online, then bitch when we applied to some faceless corporate website and don't know who the fuck to follow up with because you faggots can't even simply return an email.

THIS
I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE HOW MANY PLACES TELL ME TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE
THEY DON'T EVEN DO IN PERSON APPLICATIONS ANYMORE

You should take your own advice then you HR cunt and actually read the resumes you lazy fuck. You do nothing else, you're fucking HR.

Do Amazon over Walmart. It's 10 hour shifts completely on your feet, but no heavy lifting and you can advance pretty quickly if you go to a new FC. The biggest downside is that if you go the management route, you'll be worked insane hours and wind up making less per hour than many tier 3 (hourly) employees.
If you can get into Learning, that is the cushiest department there.

Im a rural area with a depressed economy

If you're in the midwest put your race as appalachian. They wont know what that means so they'll assume you're diverse.

Good lord, getting interviewed by minorities is the worst. There was this one position I was trying to go for and the hiring manager who wanted an interview was named something along the lines of "D'Laquinatisha Laquoquoisha Washington Carver". I nope.avi'd right away from that because I knew I wouldn't be able to stand dealing with the groid.

This. Every time I’ve gone somewhere in person I’ve gotten the “what the fuck are you doing here” response and every time I called I get the “WE’LL contact YOU if we’re interested” response.

>leaf actually gives out good advice for once, instead of just shitposting
>everyone screeches at him because it's not what they wanted to hear
>they just wanted someone to validate their whining

Attached: 1481219537581.png (630x435, 539K)

>put your race as appalachian
I'd automatically think "toothless hillbilly meth addict rapist" if I saw that.

Exactly, most places don't even want to divulge the name/number of the manager for you to potentially contact.

Which is 4 diversity categories.