Universal Basic Income Thread

What alternative is there to wide scale automation except UBI?

Attached: 1519522858685.jpg (1080x1165, 419K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sf.curbed.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mass death, same way communism always works. Why keep a worthless person alive?

>Why keep a worthless person alive?

so you can keep posting user

Attached: mutt.png (304x306, 7K)

I fink you mean 'controlled repopulation' komrad

Nothing changes with automation. Those with marketable skills thrive. Those without marketable skills starve.

Because it's immoral to kill off the population. Also, eventually everyone will be rendered useless, yourself included, when AI becomes advanced enough.

But I have a job. If I was just sucking up UBI, what reason would the government have to keep me (or you) alive? (Hint: they wouldn’t, which is why communism has over 100 million deaths to its name)

UBI for every person above 18 in the U.S. would cost tens of trillions of dollars just to keep them at the poverty line. Even if you kill half the adult population it still doesn't work.

Allowing someone to die is neither killing nor immoral.

LESS PEOPLE. WE DON'T NEED AS MANY PEOPLE. STOP HAVING WORTHLESS CHILDREN WHOSE MAXIMUM CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY IS SOMETHING SO UNSKILLED THAT A ROBOT CAN REPLACE IT.

STOP ALLOWING UNSKILLED ADULTS TO ENTER SOCIETY. WE DON'T NEED TO KEEP GROWING ANYMORE

Then what will we do when people's job are all becoming automated. Keep in mind this is mental automation in addition to physical automation.

Death camps for non-whites and Jews.

It's a common misconception that automation will only target non-skilled jobs. It's coming for everyone, folks.

>What alternative is there to wide scale automation except UBI?

Communism is an option.

Genocide of the low IQ races.

That is the best alternative.

The big fallacy is that workers have to migrate upward in the manufacturing chain in order to market their skills.
In truth it is the widening of the occupational spectrum, driven by automation and technology that is providing jobs through differentiation.

For fxample, go back 20.000 years! There was only one single job: hunter-gatherer.

Attached: laughing girls1430919457859.png (673x680, 598K)

>I have a job

Attached: the chad.jpg (704x935, 123K)

If AI can do mental, physical, and creative labor what else is there to do?

Like every time in history, technology create as many jobs opportunities as it takes away. Only brainlets don't realize this

Ban all government involvement in the economy. Let interest rates rise, inflation fall, and prices fall. Then not everyone will need to work. Automation could bring back comfortable single income families.

Let evolution and natural selection take it's course. If humans cant adapt to the new environment then we move down on the food chain and something will overtake us who can adapt to AI (maybe AI itself), if humans manage to adapt, eg becoming more intelligent than AI, then we will remain at the top.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Why do we think we are special enough to deserve UBI or survival after AI becomes more intelligent than us? Shouldn't we just let nature take it's course and let us die out if we cant adapt to it without becoming useless pieces of meat?

Who is te qt?

Ingenuity but low IQ retards like yourself won't understand

From te top of my head:
Just 2 years ago there were no such things as 3d printing shops were you get stuff manufactured just for your needs.

What kind of ingenuity? Please elaborate for I am curious to know more.

There is no 'wide scale automation' displacing any workforce.

Stop asking for gibs.

We already have universal basic income. It is set at zero dollars. You are just arguing (as a useful idiot of commies) for out of control inflation. You do this because you are too stupid to realize if you give everyone $1000/month then $1000 = new zero, or $2,000,00/month then $2,000,000 = new zero.

Please try and use your brain faggot.

This.

Universal Basic Income is an amazing idea. But only if all other forms of welfare are completely dismantled.

Attached: hqdefa55ult.jpg (480x360, 38K)

Bollocks.

That's not how inflatiom works.

While giving people money would cause it to a certain extent, they could still by something with it. You can't buy anything with 0 zero dollars.

what if the government just loans people a 1000 a month creating credit to be payed back?

The best argument against UBI. It's set at zero dollars PLUS people get welfare. It already exists.

It's a stupid argument.

Consumers are more valuable than producers these days. Your primary purpose is spending, whether your fake job at Starbucks pays for it or welfare does not matter.

UBI is the perfect way to funnel more money to the elites because poor proles shop at Walmart and watch Netflix and such. The poorer you are the larger the percentage of your income goes to mega corporations, generally. If everyone is on UBI then they can only afford cheap goods by those corporations and small business and the middle class will crumble even further.

The UBI is the perfect route towards a tiny elite and an enormous proletariat with nothing in between.

You can't buy anything with 2000k/mo either when your landlord realises he can raise your rent by 2k

Everyone show your real flag, the communist flag you faggots

Universal jobs. No one gets gibs - they earn it. They go to a job office and get any jobs available that they're qualified for, from digging ditches to doing something high-skilled. Those who don't participate don't get anything. Not even standard gibs to keep them alive (like EBT).

no you can't leave, your embarrassing me, just a back rub then you can leave, please, please. #harveystyle

Attached: farmjobs.jpg (712x550, 43K)

HOLY SHIT
I just got off my ass and calculated this for myslef for the first time.
Low end number for UBI I've heard thrown around is 12,000 a month. Barely livable in shared apartment.
There are roughly 250 mil Americans over 18 yoa, not cunting illegals.

12,000 * 250,000,000 = 3,000,000,000,000
Three trillion. Plus whatever the bureaucratic overhead will be for the whole UBI ministry and staffed UBI office in every district town and village.
Last years American federal budget was 4,2 trillion.
Yeah, I'm gonna laugh at every retard who, like me, thought UBI is in any way a feasible idea. WTF was I even thinking.
LOL. HOLY SHIT LOL.

That's so retarded lol. That's like saying "Hey goy! You DO have water... WE JUST CLOSED THE FAUCET LOOOOOL". It's a dumb argument. Think you dumb nigger.

That's what USSR and the whole Soviet bloc did basically. It resulted with positions like "staircase minder" and "security guard" for literally every hallway of every state building. And every building is state building. And factories producing useless shit they leave to rot while people can't find a pair of jeans or a bike for the kid to save their life.

>170857955
>Three trillion. Plus whatever the bureaucratic overhead will be for the whole UBI ministry and staffed UBI office in every district town and village.
So at least 6 trillion.

>12,000 a month
Do you mean 12,000 a year?
Most americans don't make nearly that much in a month.

yeah yeah, i meant year clearly

It's the same thing. Let's say you give everyone £1000/mo no strings attached, what happens is everyone's living costs go up by about £1000 and the people who had "nothing" (welfare) aren't just scraping by like they were (in theory) before, they're on half rations.

That's if the living costs rise on par with income. But UBI specifically means that won't happen obviously, because what's the point if it did? Exactly like you wrote.

Get a job that isn't automated like the rest of us. Unlike you I knew the automation future was inevitable so I made sure to get a double degree in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science to make myself employable.

I've just turned 22 and I'm making 75k a year.

>UBI specifically means that won't happen
That's not how capitalism works, there's a reason the cost of a pint of milk these days costs as much as a three course meal in a restaurant 50 years ago, and it's not because milk got rarer.
>what's the point
Bingo.

>Wide scale automation

What like those fucking terrible self checkouts at the super market? Or the self driving cars that crash if the light hits their sensors incorrectly? Or the call centres where it doesn't understand what you say even after 15 times?

Maybe people will just avoid the automated society because it will be shit.

Maybe,, just a slight maybe the reason we're talking UBI is because Capitalism is becoming redundant? Just a thought.

>hurr durr capitalism give me free stuff
the commie is showing is true colors

ubi shills are fucking retarded
t. ubi shills from 5 years ago

What's your cost of living though

.t Wage slave

Yeah, the same people who think UBI will work are the ones who think communism can work.
The common factor is retards.

I'm not saying "I think UBI works" tho... Is that what you thought I said? I'm looking for good arguments against or in favor of UBI.

>not being a business owner

You commie faggots deserve to live in squalor

Not much because I live with my parents. I save 70-80% of my money. It all goes into investments.

t. state slave
listen kid, I know that it's hard to become a responsible adult and you wish there could be an entity out there taking over your parents job as suppliers but just like you were the slave of your parents you'll become the slave of the state if you give them that power

That's so nice of you to say my dear Christianly beloved neigbor.

If your strategy for everyone is a strategy that everyone cannot do then your a stupid cunt.

>Let's give some of the prisoners a few extra shekels, around 30, to keep the other prisoners in line so we can sit back and Jew nothing.

Yes. To eliminate the population of impoverished people, we need to deincentivize their breeding. But no one wants to do that because they think it's the same thing as eugenics.

That's why I didn't call you one of the retards.
Well, on the good side it'll keep the goyim happy in the short term and definitely get you elected by morons. You can probably keep things on track long enough that everything falls apart violently if you're ever not elected. Basically if you're a communist hyper-Jew you have a chance of gaining something.
On the down side it's going to fuck your economy, guarantee a huge underclass of urban rat people who breed like flies, and eventually give you a neo-feudal state.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with eugenics. Downies shouldn't be breeding.

Yea maths dont work. Even giving someone an extra $1000 month and only doing this for 200 million (about 2/3rdsof the population) would cost over 2 trillion. And thats 12k a year to 2/3rds. Not 40-50k a year to everyone.

DUDE FREE MONEY LMAO!

But seriously, just tax the fucking robots and it pays for itself.

Attached: 1520640377613.jpg (679x657, 179K)

Why will you even need income? If AI robots do everything then currency will be useless.

Only the cutest of qts

Attached: hnng.jpg (673x767, 113K)

on $2000 a month I could have my 2015 Toyota, and my three bedroom three bathroom house and still have $1000 left over for food and investing. Live somewhere fucking affordable dipshit.

I, for one can't wait and hope it happens in my lifetime (probably not). I'd love to sit at home all day instead of toiling away for some Jew. Anyone (that's not extremely wealthy) that's against UBI is a cuck who demands he be a slave to feel better about whatever shortcomings they have.

Attached: 1524331184329.gif (460x335, 757K)

why not just off yourself now and save the resources you will consume in your life for the robots, i'm sure they could be more efficient with it.

If you own the house you probably win on paper, but if you sell you'll never afford another one.

nice tarp

Inflation happens when the dollar supply in circulation is higher than the supply of goods. Giving people money directly increases the supply of dollars in circulation.

You need to make it simpler for them. Ask them if they'd currently be happy with UBI of £50 a week or whatever.

What % of white women look like this and what % of those white women even notice the existence of Azn men?

3t a year? Psh the global money supply at l4 is something like 120 trillion.

Drop in the bucket
Poor rusky thinks 3 trillion is a lot of money

Attached: F29712E8-2170-45D6-A115-47AFCBD267AD-4994-000003813AD9A4F8.jpg (750x461, 257K)

Exactly, like its amazing to see people making 80k feel so proud and talk down to people below them. The jews see this and laugh hysterically: It’s working!

Fucking retarded crabs in a bucket ready to be served up to our kike overlords.

Attached: 804D4EFE-9E5E-464E-8F0B-21FA69B7E654.jpg (574x511, 251K)

I'm assuming you are attracted to her eyes, which from my experience they are few and far between, but not unicorn tier

And you'd be fighting an uphill battle, better stack that paper

> UBI $4,000 per month for every homeless person in San Francisco
> rents immediately increase by $4,000 per month
> homeless public housing stays free
> homeless stay homeless
> drug and alcohol usage, crime skyrocket

Offset with the cost of the gibs programs it will replace and recognize that you won't be paying this to people who already make say more than 50k a year. This would be replacing social security and unemployment which is already 1.25T dollars. This is easily paid for by tying a noose and giving (((them))) a choice.

>there's a reason
(((Federal Reserve)))

Abolish all central banks and allow folks to barter. Those who have nothing to provide to society die out. Those who have a trade or skill and contribute to the world around them survive. All men will trade blue collar and white collar expertise (stone masonry, carpentry, farming, network engineering, satellite installation, etc.) and all women will do it be strippers and whores per usual.

cute pussy, also nice trap

you expect people to lie down and die because they don't contribute to your filthy kike degenerate society? ha! we would aooner burn your civilization to he ground (as people have done in the past) than lie down and die.

rents immediately increase by $4,000 per month

you have no idea how things really work, do you? you think tbis is ancapistan where property owners jack up the pricez as high as they want with no government interfearence?

Oh, please tell us how things really work!

sf.curbed. com/2017/11/3/16603900/rent-control-san-francisco-stanford-study-gentrification

You think people won't extract maximum profit from their investments? kek
Let's say nobody can let a property at market rates. Guess what? Suddenly you can't rent, but look at all these houses on the market at prices that correlate to $4000/mo in mortgage payments.

I don't want to live in a world where I have to feed and pay for 3 billion niggers.

Attached: 1342754393350.png (350x262, 174K)

Yeah, it is not like EVERY SINGLE TIME governments put restrictions on prices of commodities like bread, housing or beer it had the effect of making things expensive and scarce.
EVERY SINGLE TIME!

why does she look like a chihuahua

>reduce work hours from 8 to 6
>inmediately create 25% extra jobs

Massively expand the money supply to balance out the deflationary effect of automation.

This is quite easy - all we have to do is stop pretending anyone will ever be under any obligation to pay off the government's debt.