Hey /po/ Im 20 and i just had my first argument on facebook...

hey /po/ Im 20 and i just had my first argument on facebook, but Im pretty sure I lost :( any tips/advice for online debating?

Attached: 415f6fba-c265-4ae4-a206-b5572988844a.jpg (1280x960, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qJjNM2Kx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Know more about both sides of the argument than your opponent

Did you call them a nigger faggot enough times?

Sorry dude this is Jow Forums. is thataway. Best of luck.

Don't waste your damn time

>Hey /po/ any advice?
Always fold the paper evenly and press the crease firmly.

>didnt delete your facebook account

Attached: 1521740355977.png (403x448, 53K)

You start off by calling the person a retarded nigger and if they come back with an argument you claim they are a kike shill. /Debate

Call them a nigger.

Don't, it isn't worth your time

Ask for help on Jow Forums next time you are having a debate online

this, caps lock and call your opponent a pedophile.
The logic should be:
Trump as arrested 10k pedos.
If you are anti trump you want to see 10k pedos roam free like under Obama.
Fucking pedophiles, kill em all!

Ausfag is right. it's an immense waste of time. never engage in an honest debate online, you're not going to change anyone's mind. political discourse should be limited to bants, and seeing how mad you can make the other person.

Attached: 1524270793674.gif (200x230, 699K)

Origami takes skill and patience. Take your time and relax while you do it. You'll find you enjoy it more that way.

what was the argument about? I usually have a few images saved on my phone and computer for reference about the topics I like to argue about most. Also wait to call them a nigger until the end of your paragraph, before which you’re supposed to looks smart and composed. Don’t consider the argument over if you have another good point they haven’t refuted.

Attached: 0462F19D-79BA-42AF-A002-8BED9E673C36.jpg (1024x769, 182K)

Well u were on Facebook in the first place user. That's a bad choice.

Kind of about religion and morals

Also, I was on my personal account and didn't want to say swear words

>arguments
>debates
Not the same thing. Debates are formalized events based on the presumption of arguing in good faith. Talking to some yob over facebook is not comperable.

If you want to git gud at debating you need to read philosophy and rhetoric.

Arguing with anyone on facebook is like arguing with a nigger about who gets gibs it will lead nowhere faggot delete facebook and only use it for messenger.

Build a resilient foundation of knowledge about what your arguing about because you genuinely care about it not just because you want to argue online. read books nigga

okay, I kinda presume from there that they made you look like an asshole because the other person was being more inclusive and open to people doing degenerate shit. If that’s the case, then you’re arguing that people should do what’s best for themselves and for society, and they’re arguing that society should mold for people to feel good about themselves and pursue immediate gratification. Right?

It’s okay to be mean, if the mindset is that you’re helping to enforce the good health of our society. I think of those people as the selfish ones for following their pleasure in spite of that.

Take both of these ideas into account and forge them into a powerful sword of truth.

Always mention your 10" dick and how their mom liked it last night.

this

know your shit, be right

also this guy is right. Farcebook is useless nigger and boomer shit. Twitter is where the more meaningful ideological clashes are. They’re both awful though, it’s best to just go read a book

don't.

let idiots stew in their stupidity.

I was telling them they were hypocrites bc they were using Christian arguments, so i quoted some verses, and they said "dont take scripture out of context!!1!"
So i asked them what the context was and they couldnt say

>Facebook
Leave here and never return

Attached: 05359146-B25C-49FC-BA41-92320060DADB.jpg (299x722, 43K)

Be as offensive as possible so you can claim the victory when your opponent leaves.

Conviction ultimately matters. Don't give ground unless it's stupid obvious and don't try to reconcile and give ground for the sake of it. Shit on your opponent with first hand sources whenever possible. Don't argue in their territory, argue in yours. Center all of your words pro-your position and only use negative connotations when referring to theirs. Don't respect them because they're not the same as you, they are not your people.

Whenever they say something you don't like
>say "cringe"
Whenever they say something non-mainstream
>say "edgy"
When they say they're atheists
>say "fedora"
Whenever they insult you
>say "no u" until they shut up

You're welcome.

i got banned from twitter for posting anti-semitic memes and now i need a new phone number to make an account

Attached: 1524279719856.png (656x755, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qJjNM2Kx0

fuck off boomer cuntrag

Not bad.

Attached: affirmative star trek.gif (200x150, 457K)

Yes, I do have some advice, user:
Delete Facebook.

As for debating someone, just know more than them and calmly recall the facts so you can win.

For just arguments in general:

- Tell them to talk to the hand

- Ask them 'what is your problem?'

- Let them know they're a nasty person

If they start trying to escalate the situation and insinuate those aren't real comebacks you need to roll out the big guns like saying they're a clown at the circus, tell them to f or frig off (never use actual swearies) or just look away and say you're not listening.

This is particularly effective the more unwholesome the instigator is and works a treat on hardened criminals as it makes them deeply uncomfortable and they don't know what to do.

but facebook is where i get my memes

Attached: 39ecdde5-569a-4dce-8ecb-db934c0812b1.jpg (500x373, 61K)

Do two things.

1. If they argue something just keep saying 'prove it' and keep saying it, you will find that most people don't know what they are talking about and they will go down a rabbit hole.

2. Ask 'Why?'

For example

>Person 1: Gender is a social consturct
>Person 2: Prove it
>Person 1: Because we are the only species to group people with gender
>Person 2: Prove it, and if so, why are we the only species to do so?
>Person 1: Err

>Person 1: Free speech should be limited
>Person 2: Why?
>Person 1: Because some speech is offensive to some people
>Person 2: Why? And prove it.
>Person 1: Because it could be racist
>Person 2: Why could it be racist?
>Person 1: Because you are insulting another race
>Person 2: Why am i insulting another race?
>...

It will go on forever and the person you are debating will do the following:

1. Think you are autistic and might stop out of fear of being discriminatory.

2. Will give up due to a loop going on forever.

Trust me this fucking works.

This is not your blog. Sage

Origami is very political

>using reductive reasoning as an argument

shiggy diggy

Attached: Db8N_DdWAAAOkmU.jpg (900x968, 55K)

and you say you lost?

These. Odds are that if you're engaging in genuine political discussion on Facebook, the opponent has already made up their mind and or will be using A grade mental gymnastics to turn around anything and everything you say. Either way it's a losing battle.

Attached: 1519156112965.png (498x513, 426K)

You’ll never win a debate if you can’t prove yourself wrong in three different ways.

also applies to twitter, reddit, et al. unless you're mining salt, do not engage.

>Prove what, I already gave you proof!
>That wasn’t proof, that was your opinion!
And then the argument spirals into nothing but petty insults and the like.