Why does electricity cost money? Shouldn't it be a right to have it? If we don't have electricity then we are cave men...

Why does electricity cost money? Shouldn't it be a right to have it? If we don't have electricity then we are cave men. And cave men don't fit into to days society. Universal electricity income when?

Attached: Energized_electric_grid_XL_721_420_80_s_c1.jpg (721x420, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTfkd7dHVSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The jews destroyed Tesla’s wardencliffe tower.

Tesla was going to give the world unlimited free energy from the ionosphere. The Jews couldn’t make any shekels so they SHUT IT DOWN

Why does potable water cost money?
Why does food cost money?

>Sorry but you've gone over your monthly allotment and we're going to have to shut off your power.

Because it costs money to collect and purify for you to drink. If you're not satisfied with that you can take a trip down to your local pond/lake and drink directly out of that.

If something is freely available it should be because the free market determined direct pay isn't the most viable option for it. Consider Jow Forums. They could charge users a few bucks a month and destroy their userbase, but the ads allow huge numbers and increased revenue because of it. Same for most websites with ads.

On this point, why do you think electricity has been monopolized? If there were competition someone would ressurect that technology and actually use it. It would be interesting to see how money would be made for the energy production, though.

>power plant costs $500 Million to build if on budget
>power lines and substations, ditches dug to lay in powerlines and 1000's of poles to carry electricity to your basement
>10s of Thousands of miles of wire
> All the maintenance jobs that are necessary to keep it all running.
Yeah. It should be free

Attached: 1494287844003.jpg (940x635, 58K)

It should be u dick head u don't pay for the roads. Do u pay taxes? Then u do pay for roads and electricity is just electric roads flowing through too ur shack m8 how thick r u cunt

Attached: 654987998.jpg (300x225, 11K)

I seriously hope you're trolling. Free electricity would mean
>huge increase in electricity consumption
>inevitable electricity shortages
>electricity would need to become a government program, and the government would fuck it up like everything it touches
Sure, you wouldn't have to pay for it, but it would be unavailable frequently.

Let me just set up a huge mining camp, thanks for paying for my electricity :^)

>youtube.com/watch?v=sTfkd7dHVSM
>If only for better health

Attached: blue and grey.png (905x642, 723K)

Truth! We need to cut their heads off and expose free energy they are hiding from public.

>On this point, why do you think electricity has been monopolized?
Electricity has been monopolized by the satan
Electricity is satanic energy.

Just off grid your house with solar wind kinetic and a battery pack, only a few thousand and you'll never need to buy power again

There is a scripture in the Bible that says a great curse is coming that people will have to pay for their water.

Buying water is a Jewish trick
Fuck water collection laws. Collect and filter your own water or you're knowingly shoveling shekels (and parts of your soul) to the jew

No there isn't

Tesla. Ded.

There's no such thing as free. You pay, either directly or in taxes. I prefer to pay directly and cut out the govt leeches.

>Why does electricity cost money?
Same reason internet or phone network cost money. You are paying for access and usage.

>Shouldn't it be a right to have it?
No.

>Universal electricity income when?
Never.

Technically, you can install solar panels and reduce your usage to the very bare minimal and you can make it but it is very inconvenient compared utility services.

That's a very fair question OP. Have a (You).
I live 2 miles from a nuclear power plant. They just finished the second reactor and plan to increase our rates by $0.02 per KWh every six months for the next ten years. It seems like a sweet love letter when they say, "its just two pennies". Thinking realistically anyone can see in 10 years that's an increase $0.40.

Its because you keep buying into the fossil fuel jew, instead of renewable energy, which would be unlimited and not reliant on finite resources

Attached: koch funding.png (758x599, 153K)

>literally fight wars all over the earth to secure basic energy, agriculture and water
>ree it should be a right
You fucking leaf. Are you kidding me? Your country and mine only have the living standards they do because we're lucky enough that we can fill those production niches. We make energy and food and we have water. That's the only thing that seperates us from third world shitholes. Because I'll tell you this much my canuk friend, there is nothing else that separates us from them apart from our implicit whiteness. Neither of our countries are great, or relevant.

>They just finished the second reactor and plan to increase our rates by $0.02 per KWh every six months for the next ten years
Do you think that power plants require no maintenance? You do understand that they are somewhat like cars, in that the longer they remain online, the more things need fixed.

t: Pipefitter who works in power plants.

>instead of renewable energy
You don't quite understand how it works. You need to have predictable and controllable power generation. It is IMPOSSIBLE to regulate a power grid that does not have coal, gas or nuke generation. Unpredictable power surges without a means to store or use excess can cause massive issues as much as having too little power on the grid. You may not understand this, and you should look into it. A good place to start research (you need to do it) is look at what a power grid needs to do when a good portion of the generation comes from Solar or Wind. What do they do when these sources increase output. (protip they NEED to turn down the output of the plants they can control)

Nothing is free, you should know that with your healthcare system. Electricity is a good, a commodity. Someone needs to build a power plant, someone needs to build a power grid, someone needs to maintain those lines, someone needs to regulate usage and standards. If a private company has built all of those things, and you wish to have the power they provide, then you will have to pay them for it because they did not build and provide all of those things for free. It cost them money. Likewise, if you want to distribute energy for "free" the government has to do all of those things. They have to build a power plant, they have to build a power grid, they have to regulate distribution and repair lines, and you most certainly will have to pay for it, out of your taxes. So you can have a tax rate which is an astronomically high rate and deal with a federal bureaucracy being in charge of whether or not your lights are on, or you can have a lower tax rate and pay a private company which will invariably be a million times more efficient at it.

Everyone pays for roads. Gas taxes fund road construction and repair. Every time you fill up your car, you're paying for the roads you drive on. There are also things called toll roads, privately constructed and owned highways that you have to pay to drive on. They typically spring up in areas where the government is such an inefficient pile of shit that they had to give away ownership of their own highways to private companies just so they can get them built within a reasonable amount of time and budget.

Because a free market system will allow newer technology to grow.

This is some great bait, leaf.
If electricity were free, how would you limit users consumption?
Give everyone an electricity ration? What about companies that use a ton of electricity? Would heavier users have to pay extra taxes proportional to the amount of electricity they use? Oh wait, that's the same as paying utility bills proportional to the amount of electricity you use.
How dumb are you retards?

go back to /x with this tesla bullshit

>why is the extraction, processing, transport and usage of refined natural resources costs money
Fucking leaf.
Technically natural resources are free, here in France it's quite different since the state owns the underground but it's not the case in the US.
If you find gas or oil underground and decide to exploit it you'll realise that it's worth money to turn natural wastes into fuel.

I understand they cost. However, if a company that provides a basic necessity while simultaneously generating enormous profits, you'd think they could show their customers some kind of thanks

We are not Saudi Arabia where citizens receive a monthly check.

(((privately owned electric companies))) "need" a fucking profit for vital infrastructure such as electricity, according to capitalists.

So why hasn't anyone tried it again? Surely Musk has a company capable of it.

Most people like their brains inside their skulls and various other organs intact.
>inb4 Tesla died of old age
Anyone who tries to replicate what he did won't.

>a fucking leaf

tesla conspiracies are flat earth tier

if it was possible to make free power, they would make free power and charge you anyway

By that logic, food and water should be free as well. Just imagine the abuse if "necessary" stuff is free.

>If we don't have electricity then we are cave men.
Electricity has been around for only 150 years, the industrial revolution happened before 50 years prior to that. Time of cavemen had ended right on the advent of bronze some time 3,000 b.c.

There's natural sources of energy; solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, tidal, and chemical. You could power a pump with wind and power and irrigate land. Siphon wave energy off a artificial rip-tide, heat a refectory level boiler with a Fresnel lens. Coal is just a way to increase the capacity of leisure electricity usage.

>Why does electricity cost money? Shouldn't it be a right to have it? I

Yeah, maybe we can enslave niggers again and make them mine for resources and help operate a power plant. I mean, how else are you going to pay for all of that shit?

They need to build a new one with modern materials and much larger. The first one was only 150m? The new one ought to be at least 500-1000m

Actually costs money to set up the infrastructure

You must live in onterriblestan if you're complaining big electric costs though

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Where I live it pretty much is tax funded

Like I said you probably live in onteristan if electricity is sooo pricey

It's historical fact.

Truthbombs