Anyone else around here try to make fashwave? I've been at it about a week and this is, I guess...

Anyone else around here try to make fashwave? I've been at it about a week and this is, I guess, my 'best' that I've come up with. I'm trying to capture the sounds of Joseph Retrostein and Carpenter Brut.
clyp.it/spsv1eyv

Attached: asdf.png (1920x1080, 971K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/tho5cybu
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqp5FBlYS3U
youtu.be/7l7GbyVlLvw
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
youtube.com/watch?v=p6tjdsydu_A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie52xH8V2L4
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
clyp.it/4e0czwmw
picosong.com/next/9f483bdeaacb5970f6899407ce76b8a4/
picosong.com/wP94X/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also ITT: Post you homebrew fashwave..

bump

Attached: 1526000601077.jpg (600x600, 102K)

Ccol stuff

i produce, but have not even attempted any. you probably need something like NI rounds, its got some sounds, if synths is your issue. synths colour scheme defo matches haha

I have Kontakt but I don't even know where to begin with it. I figured out how to load it and it's libraries in FL which is cool. I also don't have a midi controller so I do everything by hand one not at a time. I've got one in the mail though so I'm hoping it will make this whole process a lot easier.

its

Here's a reworked sample of the song. Added some snare and fixed some crap. I've been working all night.
clyp.it/tho5cybu

A for effort but not my cup of tea desu.
If I ever want to make fashwave I would prefer do it in a smoother, more authentic retro style while paying attention to aesthetics. Like this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqp5FBlYS3U

honestly, i got fuckloads of equipment, and i generally prefer just programming with the mouse lol. kontakt is really good, i actually made my own kontakt instrument before. you could get a z3ta online for nothing, also a good synth, old as fuck, but im telling you, it will work perfect in terms of what it has. i only bought a copy because i felt guilty i have used it since i started producing. it really useful. there will be a cracked copy online

sounds hilarious. i like it

Your track sounds closer to electro house than synthwave. Needs moar energy. Listen to nothing but bach keyboard pieces for a month - you want to get a feel for how to get different similar-sounding voices to talk to each other. Also get some decent headphones or learn how to EQ.

Look up syntorial; it's by far the best way to learn how to make patches. Youtube vid from guy who wrote it.

youtu.be/7l7GbyVlLvw

of course this is super unrefined as far as levels go, but you should try and variate the hat pattern

>Syntorial
good advice. i used the demo to see what i thought, and i like it

Bump for infected file

Yeah I like this too and prefer it. This is a remix of youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
if you didn't know.
As soon as I get a midi controller I hope I'll be able to perform better sounding songs.

What's a hat pattern? I'm very new to music. I've only been at this about a week and I've been trying to learn as much about music, composition and this software as quickly as possible. I know some basic chords on piano but writing each of these notes by hand is hard and arduous.

Am I insane or something?

This type of music sounds like an electric can opener.
There's nothing remotely beautiful or transcendent about this. You may as well put a drum beat over the sound of a chainsaw and it would have the same musical value.

This is not music. It's distracting sound. It's muzak.
I know I don't listen to music to be distracted. I listen because it's beautiful. Beauty orients us properly towards the divine.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6tjdsydu_A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie52xH8V2L4
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

Hilarious? Listen to this Home Depot theme I did..
clyp.it/4e0czwmw

>This type of music sounds like an electric can opener.
lol i dont get it either. i messed around with fruity loops before but i was making generic house/trance tracks for friends jewtube shit. i prefer to use actual instruments to make my music but each his own i guess.

I would prefer to use an actual keyboard too. But I don't have one so this is the best I can do. Not this song but with making music. I'm really just trying to learn how to use the plugins so that when I do get a midi controller I know how to use it and the software.

You have the levels fucked up, and some instruments don't go with the vibe, but overall its a good start, i would work more on sound design, try listening to current berlinesque techno with some good cans for a while so you get the hang of how much you can do sth simple work with some work on sound design

rate my fashwave song picosong.com/next/9f483bdeaacb5970f6899407ce76b8a4/

made in reason 5

picosong.com/wP94X/
fixed link

i was referring to recording guitars and brass and such but youve got the right idea.

for example ancient methods has some shit with the kind of sounds you wanted to use as main line in this track, also to get dark mystical vibes try going with minor seconds in the melody, C# to C or F# to F usually work very nice

pretty good desu

>Anyone else around here try to make fashwave?
>anyone else around here have a cozy spot on the autism spectrum?

What's the best way to make and distribute fashwave? Not tryna get doxxed.

To elaborate, I already produce and have several grand worth of equipment/software.

Also, double digits... This shit was meant to be!

Attached: 1526111056412.gif (900x663, 1.24M)

>Fruity Loops
Is OP in any way a nigger?

Attached: littlewave.png (603x1078, 492K)

You're incredibly gay and that's why you fail. Reminder to sage/ignore faggot threads like this.

Why don't you guys implement classical instruments to capture the epic feel of fascist speeches? Isn't the goal to inspire?

A pattern for using high hats. I used to produce and it was a good gig. Lots of work to learn, though. I think the midi keyboard will greatly increase your workflow. I used to use an axiom 63 keyboard and a maschine drum pad. Both are excellent and worth getting if you're serious about production.

Precisely