What will be politics in space? Will every nation get their clay on asteroids...

What will be politics in space? Will every nation get their clay on asteroids? Could i buy land on Mars in the future and start a farm there? What will be flags of Moon and Mars? Space terrorists will threaten Earth in the future?

Attached: 20160607-nomanssky-02.jpg (835x470, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenaro_Gajardo_Vera
youtube.com/watch?v=-dlC0366vk8
youtube.com/watch?v=aY-0uBIYYKk
youtube.com/watch?v=Zw_XierlyVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you sacriface your fertility in exchange for ability to fly to Mars? Your sperm would be frozen, but you yourself couldn't be able to reproduce if we would infuse your organism with heavy water.

Mars flag, pic related

Attached: 1517995521930.jpg (481x480, 52K)

Everyone is talking about how automatization is killing jobs, but if i invest time in space engineering degree would i be able to find job in the future?

Attached: 1457888333686.png (790x1700, 237K)

Snakes on Mars would be fucking scarry, 1/3 of Earth gravity means they can jump in your face and move really fast.

Haha fucking earthlets
t. lives on Jupiter moon an 8 foot tall because low gravity

fragile dud. Imagine how you'd watch Varg videos about self-sustainability when you are on Ganimede with shitty interplanetarty internet and rely on everything from the colony and can't survive 1 second outside the walls.

>implying you don't want to live the quasi NEET life occasionally checking if the terra forming is going as planned
u jelly earthlet?

And that's exactly how space politics on Jow Forums would be.

>Could i buy land on Mars in the future and start a farm there?

Buy land on Mars? Maybe. Farm meaningfully as a private citizen? Certainly not. Martian soil is completely infertile and dead, and you'd be fighting a losing battle to try and make it fertile without immense monetary investment that only governments or large corporations would be capable of shilling out. Even then you'd need to be constantly importing fertilizer from Earth, making you completely dependent on Terran imports. This state of affairs would continue for centuries, maybe even millennium.

You also have the added problem that photosynthesis is harder on Mars due to weaker sunlight caused by Mars being twice as far from the Sun as Earth is - at noon on Mars with the Sun directly overhead (that is, at the equator) the solar irradiance is about 590 watts per square meter. On Earth at the same time in the same place (noon, sun directly overhead, equator), the solar irradiance is 1000 watts per square meter.

Mars' solar irradiance is roughly like that of Devon Island, an island in the north of Canada that's the largest uninhabited island in the world. Photosynthesis does happen there, but growing any significant crops is impossible due to the low amount of sunlight.

terraforming is a meme, less posible to achieve than communism. But for terraforming you actually need some form of communism because no one would invest in something that would get first 1% of results 200 years down the line. And to fully terraform something you'd need like 2800 years or somethign

Soil is infertile sure, but if i clean it(using government chemicals), wash it(maybe privately produced chemicals), infuse it with shit - maybe i'll get something
> This state of affairs would continue for centuries, maybe even millennium.
I don't need millions of cubic tonns, i need for 1 farm to feed myself and my kids. Maybe we could get genetically engeneered seeds that need less sunlight.

Depends. The most important part is an atmosphere that humans can breathe and that'd be done by some sort of micro organism, you'd just have to watch them do their work. I don't see why you'd need communism either, taxes seem sufficient.

>What will be politics in space?
There will be no space colonization as the international IQ plumits as black genes mix with all races and the welfare to pay the black people exceeds space exploration cost and is prioritized above it.
>Will every nation get their clay on asteroids?
even in 100's of years we somehow manage to avoid the great race mixing and make it to space Earth will be a global communist federation and privet property will not exist.
>Could i buy land on Mars in the future and start a farm there?
see above, and you cant farm rocks.
>What will be flags of Moon and Mars?
some shitty ms paint design made by a autistic black transgender women.
>Space terrorists will threaten Earth in the future?
by the time any of this happens controlled economies will be perfected tot he point where War will be something in ancient history books. its all ready looking like WW2 was the last major conflict.

Attached: 1515562593876s.jpg (250x235, 12K)

dud, you can't sustain such project for so long. Sooner or later politicals changes will happen and they will shut it down. Like when Obama came to power and shut down Bush's Constelation program that was supposed to bring USA back to the Moon. And you think politically any project can survive so long as many centuries of work? Don't be naive.

I would never want to go to mars

Except you can't just "get" a space engineering degree.

>He things we're going to make it to space.

We have two, maybe three at a push, generation left.

Once the engineered organism is sent there it will continue regardless of what humans do.
It might won't take as long as you think because these things would obviously reproduce and clean the atmosphere at an exponential rate.

This is a slide thread but it's quality bait nonetheless.

Politics will depend heavily on the offinse vs defense balance of power. Tunnel boring machines that allow secure deep bunkers might give the advantage to defense, crazy as that sounds. Otherwise, well, anyone smart would stick a mass driver on an asteroid, drop it on themselves, and then declare war on the Skyjacks/Belters to seize their resources.

Why not just dump a GMO on Mars that produces CO2 and other gasses that can shield from radiation? Wait a couple hundred years till they spread on the planet (no natural predators) then plop down some habitats. It doesn't have to be a sprint, nor do you need to nail it first try since what's the worst thing that can happen? You kill a already dead planet?

Mars colonization will most likely be a private/state venture. as in someone like elon musk will get to mars, but NASA ESA will contribute to supplies and technology etc.
everyone will be living in pre-fab sealed units and to be honest its gonna be a "communist" type society for the foreseeable future.

whats gonna happen in 100 years when we have 10,000 100K 500k people on mars? who knows

Space is fake.

Attached: LIE.webm (1280x720, 870K)

>clean the atmosphere at an exponential rate.
you believe in magic i see, that we could produce such organisms and then spread them control and get the results. for foks sake dud, we can't even control climat on earth and you speaketh of other planetry bodies.

Why not rather settle on Greenland or Antartica? It is much warmer on both, lots of water, perfect atmosphere. You could warm up an area with geo-thermal energy, or maybe even make a large dome with a regulated temperature. I personally believe we should conquer our barren landscapes and oceans before settling anywhere else.

Mars will function as a science station and a transporthub for the next 100 years, but living there for many years? Wouldn't the gravity fuck you up in the end?

and what about nations that don't have oceans or barren arctic lands?

Depends on FTL tech. Galaxy spanning Empires would have to be autonomous and central government would be nothing more than symbolic if communication time were 1000 or even 100 years lagged.

Chile Owns the moon.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenaro_Gajardo_Vera

>implying we will get off this rock in time before a extinction-level meteorite impact event.
toppest of keks

Attached: 65673466856.jpg (661x382, 18K)

try a couple 1,000 years with that method. a type of algae or really a lichen species could be Modified to live in a no atmosphere environment like mars but that would take decades if not hundreds of years seeding the planet then millennia creating the atmosphere.

your talking about terraforming and that is just too far off right now.

the colonizers will be living in sealed units, for not just logistical or financial reasons, but because there is possibly microbial life still on mars. thats an ethical question we will have to ask ourselves in the future, ya know if we want to destroy/interfere a xeno bacteria on mars

space isn't real you dumb meme flaggot
now go fuck your mothers hairy arsehole

>He thinks humans will ever colonize space.
Good luck doing that when half "humans" on Earth will be niggers, poos and chinks

good idea, honestly Antarctica is a HUGE landmass, find some pics of what antartica looks like without the ice, its a rather large archipelago. why not try to start a colonization on Antarctica because that would be a good test run and very more practical run then going 30 million miles away to try it.

All it needs to do is eat whatever unwanted gas is most prevalent, shit out oxygen, reproduce and and die once it doesn't find enough food as to not make the atmosphere all oxygen. None of those are magic.
No ofc we can't do that now, but given the quality of air in our cities we the incentive to fund such research.

You arent real.
Prove me wrong

The Antartic treaty expires in 2048 and makes it possible to claim territory again. They could make an international zone down there, a free state.

Also another thing. On mars there is discovered gigantic underground caves in several craters. If they built a dome over the crater, a city could be built on the ground, while another city could be built underground. It is so much space there that our largest cities could fit inside with it's skyscrapers.

They should also focus on giant spacestations so they could build large structures in zero gravity.

Attached: images (2).jpg (293x172, 12K)

The moon will belong to whomever decides to live there first.

On the moon* not mars

its really fucking good. has a lot of what you're interested in. Inners vs Belters. Mars vs Earth. The Mormons, etc

Attached: download-2.jpg (299x168, 6K)

Attached: Mars Landing.gif (600x338, 2.99M)

like those magic things called trees!

Attached: Musk Fiction.webm (640x360, 2.58M)

Attached: flatballoon.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

Probably start out the same as any colonization or prehistoric human communal living has happened on earth, with homesteading rights and an ancap/tribal communal living at the beginning among small groups of families, after a core founding presence is established by the empires/nations/whathaveyou that start the initial colonization into an area. As great populations encroach, more regulation and complex law system will arise to solve the issue of people living in close proximity to one another and having to share some resources collectively.

They will either sign the treaty again for 2100 years. But if not? Closest countries and countries with huge fleets will come. And then again - armies and corporations will come. no private citizens.

Caves are dangerous, could collapse and bury you. Hard to get in and out.

It begins

Attached: tfw purging.jpg (600x518, 40K)

that had billions of years to make our atmosphere

major redpill: we can never ever have convenient space travel

divert the course of a single asteroid, or simply accelerate for long enough and drive your ship into a planet, will be enough to completely wipe out all life on Earth or any other planet in a single strike. There is no possible defense against such a strike

The only possible way to have convenient space travel would be for all humans to unify into a single hivemind so that there can be no rogue actors

Attached: skulljack.jpg (629x767, 59K)

I just want to get to the part where I'm fighting aliens while piloting state of the art mecha.

Attached: 2d6bab3375ac8c8571097b988a370289.jpg (600x448, 70K)

Higher plantlife needs water

The Expanse copied a book which unironically ripped off the Revelation Space books by Alastair Reynolds

There is no soil on Mars. It's rock, sand, and dust. Imagine Mars as the Sahara desert, except it's as cold as Antarctica, gets half the solar energy, and has 1% of our atmospheric pressure.

It'd be easier to start a farm on the peak of Mount Everest

Attached: planethroughsun.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

>t. doesn't understand frost formation from turbopump exhaust

Attached: uq21s05yc1hz.jpg (500x500, 83K)

>thinks it's real

Attached: wow cool.gif (501x230, 2.12M)

Space doesn't exist. Stop eating up the asian concept art.

Everything is fake. Listen, user. I'm only going to say this once. This entire board is just you arguing with yourself from different timelines so WAKE UP! Please wake up!

Attached: 1520641148613.jpg (575x472, 103K)

>t. doesn't understand thermodynamics, at all
Now don't worry your little head about things you don't understand. Besides, don't you have to get back to cutting bread with a dull spoon or something?

Attached: InSpace.jpg (490x604, 53K)

yes of course i was just responding to the other guys comment about claiming there is some magic plant that turn C02 into oxygen

Yes, the only jobs being replaced are ones that can be done by machines. Get good at SolidWorks and you will never be out of a job.

What exactly am I looking at here?

If you really wanted to get a job related to space, your best option would be to get into the air force first and get experience as a Jet Pilot, and maybe some kind of engineering degree with an emphasis on heavy machinery and Avionics.

not technically the trees, but the algea/lichen/cynobacteria.

we gotta a bit off subject tho because we are talking about terra-forming and thats almost implausible with current technology

Hollow earth confirmed

>SpaceX settles Mars.
>Mars becomes an Ancap society.
>Ancap memeballs happen IRL on Mars.
>Pol is proven right again.

Attached: 5CEA0D50-324D-4512-9F36-DC22CC1C4059.jpg (908x894, 107K)

thanks you convinced me with a few words and pictures. It was really easy. What persuaded you? A youtube video from some religious bumbling idiot changed your whole worldview?
youtube.com/watch?v=-dlC0366vk8

Attached: Space Capitalism.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

>What will be politics in space?
Depends entirely on method of transit and the speed of both it and communication.

How do you ever expect to be taken seriously at this point?

Noted.

>t. space cuck

Attached: SpaceX'dout.jpg (1000x910, 205K)

watch and read The Expanse. it will be that.

Skip to 29mins: youtube.com/watch?v=aY-0uBIYYKk

How do you expect me to take space seriously at this point?

Attached: No sun rise.webm (1088x612, 2.87M)

I'd probably cut my duck off to be one of the first people to walk on Mars.
What a quote that would be for the history books...

Attached: DbTp48oV0AE0PA7.jpg (749x617, 39K)

Lol EVE online has got this shit sorted.

Libertarian Cream dream right there.

Look up Halloween war and other serious battles.

I expect you to take it seriously a few seconds after the Rods from God start bombarding your country to usher in an age of rule literally from on high.

Attached: Heinlein.jpg (800x877, 225K)

It’s a lot harder to research Martian bacteria or geology from Everest. Or mine water for use on Deimos and Phobos.

taxes, It's the root of all politics

Jews will be in exile and humanity will be better off. Just like those kikes in Mass Effect.

Attached: 4cf.jpg (600x563, 53K)

my dick is real
really up your mums cuntyhole

Some planets or sectors would have resources others don't, just like it is now, just like it was back then. Wars will always exist to get those resources you want and as a result politics will always exist.

Star Trek and Star Wars has really had an affect on you hasn't it?

Attached: sun bigger smaller.webm (782x586, 2.89M)

It's a lot easier to send machines to Mars to study potential life forms and geology. It's also much easier to use water already present on Everest than to mine it from an orbiting rock and bring it down

Tip: The easiest way to shit on anything with or without a guidance system is to fire a nuke at it. Boy that would make for a lovely irony, if Earth's nuclear arsenal was re-purposed into a space defense system to incinerate high velocity projectiles and guided munitions.

Less than 2 minutes to check this video
youtube.com/watch?v=Zw_XierlyVs

The reasons to go to Mars are tourism and satiating our masturbatory urge to explore.

There are other practical reasons to colonize space in general, which we're already doing (satelites, weather stations, giant telescopes, 0G manufacturing, scientific research, asteroid mining etc.), but IMO colonizing in terms of just sending large numbers of people there to inhabit the land is still a long ways off.

tip: that's just going to make the almost infinite supply of dumb rocks with cold gas thrusters fall on civilian targets, and they'll completely destroy earth-positioned electronics.

Attempting to detonate the nukes higher up will be ineffective, because the large projectiles can be preceded with a massive, dense cloud of high-speed sand grains that will destroy any warhead long before they reach their destinations.

Kek, you think the sun is 93 million miles away and disappearing behind the curve of a rotating globe. You crazy.

Attached: setting.gif (549x338, 2.6M)

>protecting yourself by detonating nuclear weapons in your own airspace

Sounds like a wash at best, desu senpai

The Moon is a harsh mistress.

you watched the video? 2 minutes. i'm not going to read your gibberish if you ignore what i say.

>Attempting to detonate the nukes higher up will be ineffective, because the large projectiles can be preceded with a massive, dense cloud of high-speed sand grains that will destroy any warhead long before they reach their destinations.
Easily solved by multiple detonations. Assuming you already have the trajectory you can basically just burn it all.
>in your own airspace
So what you're saying is that somebody's going to get a tremendously dense tungsten rod into orbit and drop it on somebody without anyone noticing and without repercussion? Yeah next thing you'll tell me is that ISIS will dirty bomb Damascus and get away with it.

Yes I understand the concept of glare, you seem to think that somehow proves the heliocentric model true.

Attached: sunnn.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>cool space thread
>discussing future civilizations
>retards fill the thread claiming space isn't real and spamming flat earth shit

Attached: 1498792579361.jpg (320x186, 7K)

With enough electricity and trash, you can conquer planets.

you dont understand what soil actually is. soil is like a sediment layer of ORGANIC matter that is also connected to water, and living things.

no such thing as soil on mars, essentially, the PARTICLES ITSELF are dead. Imagine trying to grow corn on a sterile peace of plastic, its the same.

No, they're going to construct the weapons in-situ. You can adjust orbital trajectories to launch a few hundred big projectiles that will all enter the atmosphere just about simultaneously.
If you want to be really fancy, you add radar absorbing coatings and vantablack to their surfaces.

Retaliation is not possible because it takes too much time for an earth-based launch to reach out as far as the moon. You could launch a handful of small nuclear warheads only fast enough to get to the moon within about 24 hours, by which time they would have been detected and hit by one of those hypervelocity sand-blast countermeasures I mentioned.

>multiple detonations
Nukes are expensive, rocks are cheap.

Not going to let you sci-fi cucks get away with this childish nonsense any more. Prove space exists or go back to playing starcraft.

Attached: WireHarness.webm (932x524, 2.74M)