Is man matter? or is man spirit?

Is man matter? or is man spirit?

Attached: brendan2345.jpg (625x573, 170K)

Depends on your perspective. Matter = spirit = energy = intent = awareness

Dualism is a meme

Matter.

Spirit is just the energy of life, it's not you. Like Electricity entering a lamp isn't the lamp, but it allows it to light up.

a brendan fraser comeback is long overdue. he can and will recover from this.

Attached: brendan-fraser.jpg (1501x2000, 965K)

That is a paradoxical statement not unlike to saying "this is a lie". Concepts require dualism in order to function: that which is the concept (the meme) and that which is not (the not-meme). You are trying to disprove dualism by using dualistic language.

What is in the mind that isn't in the brain? Nothing. Man is meat.

Wrong

No. Meat is meat. Man is meat and more.

I reject your presence

Whats in the mind that is not in the brain?

I don't know. Neither do you. We can guess, but arguing about guesses would be boring.

Thank you for this post, gave me something to sit and think on for a while

Reject God all you like.

You don't know, yet you claim that "man is meat and more". How can you make such a claim, when you know of nothing that is man and isn't meat? You are rationalizing, and trying to make reality fit your views, rather than the other way around. Meditate and awake.

That's biblical.

Then, we can consider the "soul", that is basically Matter (body) + Spirit

Why ? Because the word soul means, in the text, "breathing one", and Spirit is "breath/wind".

So when your body has the spirit of life, you are a soul, you are alive. Then when you let your last "breath", the spirit leave, your soul dies. The lamp is off.

You are clueless. I know what meat is. I am made of much more than meat. Do you know what meat is? Pic related, it is meat.

Man does not need to comprehend the totality of existence before finding it logical to believe that it is larger than the man himself.

Attached: lataus.jpg (259x194, 4K)

what the hell does he have?

He is the world's kindest sub 80 IQ.

You are a stream of neurons inside your own brain.
"man not spirit" my ass.

You are that, and more.

That's matter.

You are clueless. You claim to know for a fact you are more than matter, yet can't even point to anything that isn't matter. Methinks your meat is defective and is making you talk shit.

ahhh poor guy

"You" is part of the mechanism that pilots the body. Basically "You" is the story teller, the passenger in the back seat that watches where the driver goes, and imagines a reason as to why they are headed that way. Look at research on split-brain patients. We've very clearly defined that the intellect in your brain that you call "You" is one of at least two, possibly more, intellects that the body hosts. It is also not the one that makes decisions.

What is mind? No matter.

What is matter? Never mind.

Attached: cakbabby.jpg (582x580, 63K)

>You claim to know for a fact you are more than matter

matter =/= meat. If you wish to make a case, make it clearly. Otherwise your point will get reduced down to the stupidest possible interpretation.

Where is nowhere? Not now, not here.

>Otherwise your point will get reduced down to the stupidest possible interpretation.
Only if read by the stupidest possible interpreter, finnbreh. Though I am not an evil man, so I'll allow you to pretend you were arguing semantics all along and aren't a moron. Cheers.

I fucking loved him in The Mummy

alimony

Attached: 1de.jpg (660x350, 32K)

>Only if read by the stupidest possible interpreter

Not taking those into the account would in itself be stupid.

>We've very clearly defined that the intellect in your brain that you call "You" is one of at least two, possibly more, intellects that the body hosts.

Yes. Two conscious entities in a mutual feedback loop are required to sustain self-awareness. Consciosuness by itself is incapable of being aware of the self, as consciousness can be defined as dynamic interaction. All matter is therefore conscious. The human awareness is kind of a loophole around this problem.

>It is also not the one that makes decisions.

Decisions can be learnt to be made from the vantage point of either consciousness. Meditation, which you suggested earlier, aims precisely at this. It gives you ability to shift fluidly from one consciousness to other, instead of being mostly trapped to one of them.

matter is spirit

>In 2013, the star had to petition the courts to reduce his spousal support sum to his ex-wife as he could no longer meet the annual payment of $900,000.

"You" are always the story teller intellect, the one that observes what is happening with its host body and rationalizes the events as if it is causing them. Meditation doesn't change that. Neither does LSD, which I've tried. It lets "You", the storyteller intellect, to see itself in third person, but you are still not responsible for any actions taken and just make up reasons as to why they occur, this has been tested.

hypocrit, you rely on the neurons in your brain to tell you that they are neurons - all intelligance can't explain its own origin.

you will have certainty only when you die

meat is a muscle on your plate and until you aren't being eaten, none of you is meat.

What happens if I'm being eaten, but I'm not on a plate? Am I meat or man?

you're a burger

Attached: 1508828441029.gif (296x160, 1.27M)

Yes and no. The one for whom life is lived and thoughts thought is passive. This meta-awareness could be regarded as "god awareness". Self-awareness is one step below, and it is an active cognitive process. God-awareness is a metacognitive process.

meta-awareness (me) -> self-awareness (you) -> consciousness -> parts of consciousness.

>Meditation doesn't change that. Neither does LSD, which I've tried.

I'm sorry to hear that. For me the discovery was a very intuitive process once I actually got around to doing it. I have 145 IQ though.