Trades

Daily reminder that if you get into a trade at 18 and progress to your ticket at the normal rate, you will have a greater net income at 45 than someone who gets into med school at 18 and becomes a family doctor.

Attached: trades.jpg (300x441, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C0I9hoqTed8
oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf
eng.ox.ac.uk/about/news/new-study-shows-nearly-half-of-us-jobs-at-risk-of-computerisation
theverge.com/2017/11/30/16719092/automation-robots-jobs-global-800-million-forecast
bigthink.com/paul-ratner/a-new-study-says-a-third-of-all-us-workers-to-be-replaced-with-robots-by-2030
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this only works if you find someone who will let you apprentice under them, pay you a living wage while you journeyman under them, and then encourage and teach you how to go into business for yourself.

You can be a great electrician or plumber or welder, but no one will take you in and teach you how to be successful in business, you wont make shit

Fuck off. No real tradesman wants any of the faggots that frequent Jow Forums

You need an apprenticeship to get into trades, yes. The rest of what you said is untrue.

you're right

its not untrue, it 100% true

if you start an apprenticeship at 18
get your ticket at 23
and then work as a journeyman for the rest of your life

you will have made more money at 45 than someone who went into med school to be a doctor at 18

have you ever met a 40 year old tradesman?
they all have drinking and back problems, drug addiction and a ton of criminal convictions

Construction as an industry is eventually going to decline. Plus, apprenticeship plus getting a license is time-consuming and you won't make much money in that time period so you need to figure out how to eat in that time frame.

Maybe at 45, but what about 55?
I'm an electrician, all kinds of openings right now.
You need to go check and see if somebody is hiring, like visit them. They don't put ads out often.

you basically have to live with your parents while you apprentice. Think of being an apprentice like going to school.

Yup colleges and universities are so fucked right now. Get into some good trade schools, not only are they cheaper, but you learn things at a much faster rate as trade schools don't like to waste your time.

Get into some good trades. Learn some fucking useful skills. Not these worthless liberal arts degrees that uni's and colleges like to push.

I work around many, some are 60 and retired and none of them are what you described.

>Construction as an industry is eventually going to decline.
this is just straight up fucking backwards
I do HVAC and there aren't going to be enough HVAC workers in a the next few years
>Plus, apprenticeship plus getting a license is time-consuming and you won't make much money in that time period so you need to figure out how to eat in that time frame.
this is also fucking backwards
first year apprentices in ontario make $18+/hr and second year is $21 and third year is $25
$25/hr when you are 20 years old is more than enough to eat up here but you're american so maybe you need to make more than that to maintain your diet of lard

>Maybe at 45, but what about 55?
By 55 the doctor has pulled ahead. I think the year he passes the tradesman is around 47. And that is just net income, it doesn't take into account that the tradesman can be using his money to make more money while the doctor is still in school. It only accounts for saving the money with no interest or growth.

Nope. Not at all. Nice try faggot.
WE DON'T WANT INTERNET FAGGOTS LIKE YOU.
Sage this thread if you are real tradesman.

>Sage this thread if you are real tradesman
don't be a jerk bud

what's with the larper in the pic?

Attached: wamenineng.jpg (1200x680, 192K)

Our apprentices make $14 to $18 an hour

If there was a way to figure how much the average tradesman does in cash side jobs the numbers would be different.

trades are okay if you're in a union, in the long run the money is only "okay" at best even if you end up making $50/hr somewhere down the line...the average white collar professional with experience in their late 40s makes that and they're indoors all day in a nice office with AC and all of the other perks that come with being a white collar professional (namely travel...and yes I consider going on a plane for your job every once in a while as a job perk)

you can make very good money with a trade if you eventually go into business for yourself but that's a whole other can of worms

come on down to a right to work state.
$ 20 an hour for a helper
No commie unions
get your masters license as soon as you learn the rules while getting paid

>Our apprentices make $14 to $18 an hour
We have a fourth year that makes fucking $30

>If there was a way to figure how much the average tradesman does in cash side jobs the numbers would be different.
This is another good point. When our apprentices install an A/C for somebody on the side, they make $500 each for one day of work on a weekend. And the people are happy to pay that because they charge $1000 less total than local companies offer.

>have you ever met a 40 year old tradesman?
>my uncles have been construction workers all their lives
>they are 62 and 55
>I am a 6 feet tall 180lbs boxed for while, still lifting
>both are stronger than me despite being 2 and 6 inches shorter
>the 62 years old uncle is overweight and still jumps on roofs better than me

Yeah, physical labor is taxing and they do have some minor problems, but nothing serious and they are incredibly strong.

Also other jobs like plumber, electrician, welder, etc. don't require so much physical effort. I am 23 and after a 3 years degree in poli sci I am seriously thinking about learning a trade

$50 an hour is around $100k a year, some lawyers don't make that much

Cost of living is low in the Midwest.
I don't know where you're at, but here you need 6 years work with your license, then pass another test to get master. So 10 years minimum

> in the long run the money is only "okay" at best

the point of this thread is that you are completely wrong, though

We need to ask ourselves real questions like we used too!!!
>is Q a fraud?
>is Q disinfo?
>why wait so long?? So Podesta escapes or takes his death like Barbara Bush

We need to know what happened last week and WHY THE NEW TRIPCODE

youtu.be/C0I9hoqTed8

VIDEO also discusses
>Vanguard Group
The Major owner and controller of Western financial power ... THEY OWN EVERYTHING AND ARE CONNECTED TO
>NXIVM AND ALLISON MACK

the rabbit hole goes deep!!! Follow that white rabbit!
>why is DPRK folding
>what did Pompeo do/say
>why is pizzagate being hidden and slid!!!

MODS ARE HIDING THIS INFO!!! BANNING AND MOVING THREADS

THEY DO NOT WANT YOU KNOWING THE BOOMERS ARE INVADING AND Q IS A PSYOPP

$50/hr is extremely good.

Why do you faggots shill this shit? Every single tradie I've ever met was depressed, overworked, alcoholic, or drug-addicted.

You're ruining your body for profit, man. Take it easy, study something you're interested in, and live comfortably within your means.

I live where houses like this are $30k, no way $18 an hour would be good in some areas

Attached: IS5qbo4i6bl5mu1000000000.jpg (1024x768, 404K)

that guy is an idiot lol

our estimator/foreman made $130k last year and he works in the office all day

buddy, I live in Ontario

don't talk to me about house prices lol

Do you have evidence to back this up

form my knowledge most accountant makes more than the average tradesman

down south, if you can pass the test you pass.
cost of living depends on area, city or rural
NO UNION BS, no waiting if you are smart and talented
to another poster, at 45 you should be starting your own business and direct the young ones.
no more ladders and lifting for me

evidence being what? the hourly rates that apprentices make as they progress in their careers?

What about starting a trade at 30? I wont go into details, but long story short I fucked up bad in my late teens through 20's but have now gotten my shit together.

This whole post is wrong. What is a trade school? An apprenticeship can,be good or bad but there are always schools.

If you progress at a normal rate you could be making 70-80k at 35 buddy

a tradesman only makes more than a white collar professional if they are in business for themselves.

Fucking go for it. If you're actually interested in a specific trade that is, otherwise you'll be miserable.

>I do HVAC and there aren't going to be enough HVAC workers in a the next few years

Maybe there are more opening in that micro level industry for now, but companies aren't interested in Brick and Mortar expansion, there just won't be as much commercial property development in the next 20 years.

>first year apprentices in ontario make $18+/hr and second year is $21 and third year is $25
>$25/hr when you are 20 years old is more than enough to eat up here but you're american so maybe you need to make more than that to maintain your diet of lard

The cost of living is high as shit in most parts of Ontario, so while you have a higher wage in paper you spend most of it having little in savings, but you're a faggot leaf who's done nothing but fix air conditioners so I don't expect you to know that.

More incorrect bullshit. Dont ever post again.

Good luck with that. You think everyone can just start their own business? You think there is an infinite amount of work to go around?

Most people doing trades are retarded, including you obviously for making this thread.

t. electrician for 10 years

I live in an area where the tradesmen are some of the rich people, except for the summer home people.

I don't know much about unions. I just know they work a lot more hours, make more per hour, but don't get much say in the jobs they do or where they are at.
I don't like to travel much.

Go HVAC, a little easier on the body, good money, growing demand

$50/hr is literally the floor for what most white collar professionals make when they have experience under their belt, sometimes as early as their late 20s if they're lucky enough

it's a decent living but you're not exactly living high on the hog, especially considering the physical nature of the job and the fact that unions guys get laid off a lot for a few weeks or more at least once a year when they start out

just ignore every single fucking thing this guy says because it seems like he has trouble saying one godamn thing that isn't a blatant lie lol

>government sending their shills online to attract neets to dead end jobs in order to not raise wages

Attached: pathetic.png (625x383, 256K)

Wrong again kiddo. Why are you such an ill-informed faggot?

It might be the way it is where he lives

this guy is a fucking dummy too boys, watch out

This.

What about never employed 31 year olds?

Gents and gentettes
This is all true...
As Mike Roe from dirty jobs has said
There used to be a time in our culture that working hard was a good thing.
Be me no school work hard became master electrician by the ripe age of 25 got out insert beanerjpg. got into construction management and sit back making a cool and easy 140k
Love it and livin it.

Think again.

oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

eng.ox.ac.uk/about/news/new-study-shows-nearly-half-of-us-jobs-at-risk-of-computerisation

theverge.com/2017/11/30/16719092/automation-robots-jobs-global-800-million-forecast

bigthink.com/paul-ratner/a-new-study-says-a-third-of-all-us-workers-to-be-replaced-with-robots-by-2030

How can you still defend Capitalism after all of this?

I got into butchering at age 20 a year and a half ago. And not one of those faggy hipster butchershops. Like an actual butcher shop.

Never to young to start bud!!!

You can still learn a skill and go into buisness for yourself. If you have the determination to.

Great rebuttal, faggot. You only insult because you can't refute. Get electrocuted,cunt.

>Robots will climb up on the roof and fix the air handler!!!

That's why trades are good retarded bong. Is your machine or computer program going to do a house call? Go eat some crumpets.

your either too lazy or to stupid to understand the tech for getting into construction is another 100 years at least off.

Not bothering to read the material i see. If you read the material you would have seen that most of the jobs that will be automated are physical labor.

Buddy you implied that getting into trades is a bad thing because there won't be enough work and that's all I need to hear from you lol

Go back to plebbit. You don't fit in here

Man I've seen these early workers, they age up so fast.
The dude had money, his little boutique there, but he looked 10 years older than me and we had the same age.

The rooms robots work in require HVAC systems.
I'm a sparky, I install robots, maintain their sensors, and program PLC's
They all have machine control panels that I wire.
I don't see too many trades going away any time soon.

Not thinking for yourself with the skills of common sense I see.

jesus christ some people are so fucking stupid

>Robots are going to walk out onto the robot assembly line and fix the robots that are building more robots!!!!

I'm interested in utilities, so plumbing or electrical is probably what I would do.

>Go HVAC, a little easier on the body, good money, growing demand

In what way would you say it is easier on the body?

I've been thinking about trades for a while now, and over the past couple of years I have been working hard to learn and practice as much /diy/ shit as possible. Borrowing tools from my dad and watching JewTube instructional videos has been very helpful, and I think I have come a long way. Maybe it is time to just fucking go for it and find someone to take me on as an apprentice.

You think you can just take up residency as a young doctor wherever you want?

This guy gets it...

Attached: 1512498555078.gif (235x240, 1.25M)

I literally specialize in building automation. I am HVAC mechanic and installs building automation systems. Trades aren't going anywhere for a long, long time.
That guy is a fucking idiot, automation taking people's jobs is literally the best reason to get into trades now.

>most of the jobs that will be automated are physical labor.

Because you are certainly going to trust a robot plumber, kek.

Most of the automated jobs will be administrative office jobs.

Painting a wall properly is still too complex for most robots, and let's not even mention fixing a roof or making a wall without human supervision

Even if your trades wont be automated wages will stagnate as the supply of people going into a trade will drastically increase as other sectors of the economy become automated.

Dude the electrical trade is awesome if you don't mind heights.
Pays well right from the start of your apprenticeship.

>>Go HVAC, a little easier on the body, good money, growing demand
>In what way would you say it is easier on the body?

HVAC can be really hard on the body if you're not careful about what you're doing. But with all sincerity, our guys are mostly healthy as fuck

The only problem with the trades is the people you have to be around, however, as you mentioned, it is good for getting money at a young age. Only nice thing about the office job is that you are around women, you age better since you are indoors and in air-conditioning without sun exposure, and it's safer.

I don't know why, but plumbing, electrical, wood framing, roofing... it attracts guys who smoke, drink, do drugs, are completely overweight, tattoos.

how the fuck do I get into a union in nyc

every time a union of any kind announces they are opening 10 apprenticeship slots literally 2000 people show up and form a line going around the block for it

and I literally can't get a job working non union either (not that I want to) because I don't speak Spanish

> the supply of people going into a trade will drastically increase as other sectors of the economy become automated.

Oh yeah that's totally a good reason not to be the first in the door right now! Totally buddy

Every single blue collar worker I know had back problems by 30.

Dude move down south and start in an open shop.
You will get there just some baby steps need to be taken.

>Only nice thing about the office job is that you are around women,

Ask me how I know you have never worked in a female majority office

leave nyc

Yup
Currently at a horticultural school. Will be completing a technical hort, a hard landscaping/urban gardening and a garden design diploma

>In what way would you say it is easier on the body?

As an apprentice electrician I had to dig many trenches for lines, haul huge rolls of wire up ladders, and be a wire pulling monkey.
HVAC can be tough, but from what I've seen a little lighter work.

Now, this just seems like professional shills are trying to trick me.

There will NEVER be robotic plumbers, electricians....

Half of the job when it comes to plumbing or electrical, is crawling under a kitchen sink, crawling into an attic to find HVAC coolant pipes, running downstairs to turn off Circuit Breakers to isolate circuits... no robot can be programmed to crawl into those spaces, while connecting wires or welding pipes while laying flat on your stomach.... no robot can do that stuff and no robot can ever be programmed to do such stuff, far too many variables involved in the trades and in how homes are built

I am not saying that it isn't back breaking and will harden your soul.
I am a HUGE advocate for tradesmen.
The trades make you men and make you $$$$

>there aren't going to be enough HVAC workers in a the next few years
Depends on where you live
here in Ott*wa algonquin college graduates way too many hvac kids every year, around 200

Do you actually think companies will be trying to build more Brick and Mortar establishments? Anybody who's taken high school economics can figure out they won't

You have the IQ of a Nigger and the mentality of a Boomer. You aren't making any valid points whatsoever.

Most people I have met in office jobs are fat and also have back problems.

You just don't want to work.

That has to be the most retarded thing I have heard anyone say.
Of course new construction will be brick and mortar you dumb fuck!!!
What do you expect unicorns to build candy corn and honey stick buildings?
KYS now and save some air..

>hey robot plumber, go down to the city maintenance building and tell the guys to come shut off the water
>then go find the leak
>after you find the leak cut out the bad section and solder in new
>now go back the city guys and tell them to come turn on water

I don't see that happening either

do you even know that tradesmen build houses

You have to go back.

Attached: yb6gyce1mqq01.jpg (971x565, 141K)

there are literally not enough hvac workers in ottawa lol

Since you're probably a lying shill that means that opposite of what you say is the truth. Trades make you a pussy and a slave.

Hey guys I make $7.25 an hour doing CAD/CAM work and hydraulic fixture design. I'm 32 and and have a mechanical engineering degree from GATech. I consider myself lucky to even have this job and have applied to thousands of places with no luck.

it's actually fascinating how fucking dumb people can be
I think the guy actually doesn't know that tradesmen build houses and apartment buildings

>mechanical engineering degree
>minimum wage
are you retarded or something

That is what I do Multi family construction management and make bank!!
But dumb fuck see thinks I am lying he way too retarded to do anything worth of value in his life.
Prolly cries at the sign of blood..

buddy if you can do CAD and have an engineering degree, I know companies in Ontario that would pay you $25/hr to literally learn how to set up building automation systems

i can't
sorry breh but anti union places like most of the south are just a race to the bottom for Guatemala tier wages