I am suppose to get back 5.50
>But the machine says 4.50.......
I am giving you a single so I can get a 5
>Uhhhhhhhhhhhh
>Let me just pull out my calculator
>Uhhhhhhhhhhh
>Heres 4.50
WHY ARE MILLENNIALS SO FUCKING RETARDED

Attached: 59387a2ab1bd5633088b4cf1-750-563.jpg (750x563, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-5Zzdbx0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP IS A BOOMER

Attached: 1a3c4fd171799cdc6f9778d886649fd9174908859cd6ec3224b46b3616ed3c43.png (300x300, 14K)

>5.50
>she gets paid that an hour
Capitalism ruins lives.

I still write checks at the grocery store. Only because I can, and I like to make the Mexican using EBT wait for me to write it out.

First poster cant into kindergarten math

Isn't it standard mutt protocol to throw you faeces at her in this situation?

Yeah, boomers and con men do shit like this to try and stifle businesses out of a few dollars lmao. Maybe if boomers didn’t have a reputation as fraudsters businesses would allow their employees to be more trustworthy of people doing this, but when I worked retail one summer I was specifically warned about boomer shysters that would pay and then try and confuse you with like thirty more different bills.

Attached: 89A7EB14-7BB6-42A1-B4CA-70B82C64C172.jpg (750x916, 85K)

>2018
>living in a state with minorities

>Adding 4 plus 1 is hard and you can easily be scammed thinking its 100

People like you shouldnt be allowed to vote if you cant do the most basic math

Can we stop generational tribalism and recognize that every generation has its issues?

Attached: 4f3.jpg (400x300, 18K)

The simple solution is to have a grasp of basic third-grade math. Then nobody can fool you.

The fact that they have to warn employees about this tells you something about the employees.

HOL UP

SO U BE SAYIN

U WANT CHANGE N SHIT

Spotted the geny Y loser

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-5Zzdbx0E

>third-grade
Try kindergarten

As someone who worked in fast food, chances are I have your small change ready before you're even done pulling out your wallet. I expect an even bill. If you want to break even or some shit too bad. There is probably 10-20 people behind you so fuck off.

Did you need to use a calculator to figure out the small change kid?

You NEED a fucking five dollar bill like ASAP?. Seriously it's do or die you need it at this moment?. the moment you decided to stop at Mcdonald's?.

Give her the $10 and get the couple dollars change back or whatever then break another large bill somewhere else. or simply ask her if she has singles while she opens the drawers dipshit. I hope you don't live on my street. I don't want to be behind you in line.

We're all trying to get some fast food and you think you stopped into a fucking bank.

No, and not a kid anymore.

>tfw peter pan syndrome

MIDLIFE CRISIS, HERE I COME! Maybe that's what I should do though, go back to fast food so I can feel like a kid again.

>hurr if we pass a law that says she needs to be paid $15/hr then everything will be hunky dory, right?

probably just new at her job. cut her some slack, man.

Nope, it can get confusing when people will pay you so much and then ask for change in dimes or something and then they’ll have a friend ask where this or that item is while you’re counting. Boomers generally run these cons. It’s not what you’re thinking where someone will hand you bills until you hit a even 20 dollars in change or something.

probably just doesn't want another 4, 1s

Nigger, she couldnt add 4 and 1, what the fuck are you talking about

>2018
>Still use cash

if he's got a problem with bills pay with debit, damn and keep the single 10 you got. Unless he's got SUCH a problem with the fucking 10 that he needs the 5 instead.

>Im pretty sure 4 plus 1 is 5 but this might be a trick, I know! Ill just pretend to be retarded
Uhhhhhh Iz don know wat to doooo

>Please dont make me think! It hurts my brain!

She probably had some sort of set protocol to go through when this happens you faggot boomer, that’s how people are trained spthese days because boomers like yourself feel the need to try and scam people out of a few dollars.

>Not just giving them 10.50 to get a 5 back

Loser you still end up with 50 cents.

First poster is a nigger.

>paying with cash in current year

Attached: 1515875101830.jpg (320x302, 23K)

racial minorities tend to lash out, enraged and confused, at things they don't understand. in the civilized world, the expectation is that people can perform simple arithmetic such as 11/2 = 5.5

I'm sorry the relatively modest demands our society places on you in order to maintain the highest standard of living are too complex for you to comprehend. try moving to venezuela or columbia where you'll fit in better.

They probably didn't have any crisp brand spankn new 5's in stock my man.
Consider that.

If she can't do basic math, she shouldn't be getting paid that much.

He probably did this shit in a rush too. I won't even bother if I see there's anyone behind me because I know I'll slow shit down like this even if for a brief moment. it's inconsiderate.

I bet OP goes to the bank and decides to ask for directions to the closes McDonald's and gets pissed when some "boomer" isn't a breathing roadmap.

the employer doesn't see half that after taxes and expenses

That's not how cash registers work, grandpa.
You enter the total and then the amount they gave you, then it tells you the change due. This allows you to then check the money in the drawer against the value printed as the total that should be there at the end of the day.

I think Starbucks actually pays $10 or more. Probably more now with public bathrooms.

Because millenials are fucking retarded. My generation invented 63 genders and SJWs; that is the millenial legacy.

They also blame boomers for...
>FUCKING EVERYTHING
>U
>C
>K
>I
>N
>G

>E
>V
>E
>R
>Y
>T
>H
>I
>N
>G

If you knew anything about the civilized world you'd know people have their areas of expertise and things they do and have experience with.

Just because she's a cashier doesn't mean she runs into people giving her LITERALLY unneeded bills and shit for in essence having her do extra mathematics calculations to benefit HIM.

Her/his job as a cashier is to greet, say hellow, be courteous take the order, wait for you to make up your mind, punch in some shit, get the money, give you the change.

98% of customers aren't douche bags that expect this shit and if you are a douchebag trying to get this kind of thing done you wouldn't do it at a fast food area (if you got brains). You'd do it at like a wal-mart or something or anywhere else they got multiple people floating around that aren't pressed every minute of the day to get some other faggot out of the drive thru. For all you know OP's cousin could have been at the drive through handing her a $100 bill + a five to pay for a double cheeseburger and a small coke.

Cost is $4.50
Handed $11.00
punch "1100" into the register
"Change $5.50"
She didn't put "1100" in, she just punched "1000" in and couldn't math. You are the fucking retard

yeah this. OP doesn't want single bills but he wants coinage? what is this autism?

Yeah but he wants a 5 for some reason. The four 1 dollar bills is just too much for his wallet to hold. He can't possibly keep track of all those bills!

I work in food service to help save up to go back to school. The amount of entitlement people have is unbelievable. Like I'm not getting paid enough to deal with your shit, I'll be and friendly and helpful as possible but don't use that as an excuse to take out your bad day on me.

>Last time I came here my sammich had more ham, I want a refund!!!! Go get your manager this instant!
>manager caves in and validates them treating you like shit

>somewhere else

>Have to pay two people, one $20, one $22, but I have $50 in $10's
>Go to fast food to break a $10 into a $5 and 5x$1's
>Girl behind the counter takes my order but says she can't make change
>tell her to cancel my order and give me my money back
>she gives me the fucking bugged-eyed fish lips look of a dyke trying to suck a doughnut through a vacuum
>she reluctantly hands me back my cash
>leave
>go to safeway
>lady there breaks it no problem
>spend fucking 45 minutes of my evening trying to make change

Fuck em, bitch doesn't want to make change fuck that, I'm out. I'm not going to be a nigger and shit all over the walls of your bathroom, I'll just not be back.

I suspect that you are a nigger and your flag confirms it

I was playing warhammer 40k tabletop at a games workshop near here with a college student, he was grey knights, I was orkz. I manage to roll 5 wounds. I told him "Five wounds." and he rolls more than five dice on the table.

It wasn't me who miscounted, because he then said "Fuck 7 die". I would have corrected him but swearing isn't allowed due to store policy, so I considered his dead squad of terminators a swear jar of sorts.

The clerk who was there across the room heard it told me he looked up at him when he said that and was so confused that he didn't even catch the vulgarity.

math is hard

Attached: A big tank.jpg (1024x768, 195K)

I am. Sofa King. We Todd did.

I work retail and get paid twice that in an hour.
This problem "is" related to the horrors of America's economic system, just not the way you'd think. We live in a culture of excuses. Whether it's a corporate suit that doesn't want to find a new way to make premium cards not curl, or it's a social worker fucking up their job because "it's my supervisor's responsibility to make sure I'm doing the right thing," or it's just a retail worker whining about the money they make and their future prospects when they're unmarried and don't even know what a form 8880 is (if you're working a shitty job right now and have the option for some kind of retirement plan, look it up), we make excuses because we don't want to own up to the fact that what we have right now is comfortable and we don't want to leave that.
And this is all compounded in our parenting and education system getting worse and fucking worse, and NOT for a lack of money we're throwing at those fucking things. The teachers literally hold the school year hostage every fucking year. Trust me, they're not short on funds or benefits.

Only a boomer would pay with cash

KYS

Some black guy in front of me the other day saw some shiny coins in the register and wanted them as change. Cashier already closed the drawer and said she couldn't open it without a purchase.
Obviously it's a shit area and didn't want to risk being robbed. She kept telling him not to look in the drawer either.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY

IT'S BASIC MATH user
YOU CAN COUNT THIS ON YOUR FINGERS

>areas of expertise
stopped reading there. I'm talking about general aptitude and not specialized knowledge. everyone who's able to work should also be able to perform rudimentary (2nd-3rd grade) arithmetic.

I'm sorry you're a functional illiterate, please go back to where you came from, we don't need you in america.

How'd you get the drawer open before entering a total?

No, it's cash management.

>I like counting out singles so I can feel richer
>also I am 3 years old

Some cashiers see a $20 bill and just hit the $20 button, while customers are slow and take their time with change.

>You NEED a fucking five dollar bill like ASAP?
No, idiot. You don't want 4 1 dollar bills; you want a 5. Like giving someone 1.01 for something that's 76 cents. You don't want 2 dimes and 4 pennies back; you want a quarter. It's reasonable not to do this if and only if you concede you're too stupid to easily do this math in your head. Do you?

The same thing happens when 8 buy some booze, they want to see my Id and can't figure out how old I am so they always type in:2018-1991 to figure out I am over 18... Fucking retards.

I had something similar happen to me years ago, working retail for this optical store among oher things there.

>Old couple buys a glasses case, ring em up and give them their change back.
>They tell me that they should be getting so & so amount back
>Tell them there was tax
>They leave

Why dont people just save change and go to a coinstar and get a giftcard from it.

I'm guessing your area of expertise is sucking cock and everything else the world throws at you you fall to your knees and just suck more cock because it's all you know, you blithering retarded faggot.

Attached: 1492467619065.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

They do deal with hundreds of dollars a day, I mean most people use cards now.
I would be weary to trust them with that money if they're confused by an extra dollar or so.

>fetishizing discomfort
The opposite of one bad idea is almost always another bad idea.

>2nd-3rd grade arithmetic

>implying anybody in 2018 still needs to do fucking math

math class is to get you out of school guy, and nothing else nowadays. seriously. your bait is bretty good but neck yourself soon.

>Only a boomer would pay with cash

only an idiot doesn't pay with cash

>giving away 9% of your coin
Are you jewish?

>cash management
for the average person is getting rid of coins. what kind of autist actually prefers coins over paper bills? do you not own your own washing machine or something? because even then those businesses can generally get you change for paper bills no problem.

Then stop acting like a kid

>dude lmao just put all ur muney in the bank bro

What is the advantage here?
>Oh please track all my finances when you need to pull some shit on me

Yeah no thanks
I dodge at least half of my taxes by keeping my finances vague as shit

Uhmm NO. Nobody NEEDS a five instead of ones. If you don't like singles, take them when she gives them to you and fucking spend them the next time you buy some shit. Not that hard to carry a couple extra bills in your wallet for a day or two. I could see if you NEEDED singles instead of a five because some places only take singles.

>total is $9.50
>30 year old boomer gives me $26

Common Core
Thanks Obama. It takes these college students 10 minutes to work out shit we learned in first grade

agreed, autistically counting out exact change is more of a problem than handing $10+1 for a $5.xx bill

nobody wants to watch a geriatric dig through her purse for exactly $0.63.

I want to get $5-and-whatever-change back so I can discard the pennies and save the rest for my bank's free coin-counting machine

Lol doing math done by even prehistoric people is now a big deal and you need a big boy reason to execute a task of such magnitude

You bitch about such a small thing and it is all to get what you whaaaaaa (pic related) want.
Yet someone else has the short coming.
The fucking person is just working their fucking lousy job but on top of it has to deal with a dickhead like you who has nothing better to do.

Attached: fucking cry baby.jpg (218x234, 10K)

>t. boomer

That's why I love self-checkout, I can pay a $10-$20 till with change, especially if no one is behind me.
Never had a customer or worker complain and only problem is it takes about 30 coins at a time then freezes to count.

B
A
S
I
C

M
A
T
H

based old and decrepit boomer poster who uses an iphone

so you're functionally illiterate. that means you don't have the requisite knowledge to exist in an advanced industrial society and should probably be deported/euthanized. good bye

if anyone's curious, 20% of americans can't read a newspaper and 50% can't read a bus schedule. the problem is widespread.

If you want particular bills go to a fucking bank. Damn, nigger, you dumb, thinking cashiers going be changing your bills for other bills.

>discarding pennies
Why? I just throw it all into a bucket and take it to my banks coin counter, Pedro.

You're literally lying to yourself.

Your brain just spat out that the person you're arguing with is useless and can't survive today because he's useless and YET your brain is engaging in a conversation with this person that is obviously alive and has internet and the spare time to bullshit on Jow Forums.

Maybe they won't have a lousy job if they understood 2nd grade math. Who's the baby now?

If you can't even perform a task that simple you won't ever be more than a cashier and you'll be working until you die.

Women shouldn't be working, they are meant to be in the house.

>implying you will always have coins on you in order to get rid of coins
>implying that the average person is some sort of model for intelligent behavior
You're not very smart.
>implying that most lower-middle class people who live in apartments don't have a coin-operated washer and dryer in the basement
No, actually, you're downright fucking stupid.

>Waaah I deserve a good job even though I can't do the simplest math on earth

Attached: IMG_1472.jpg (464x960, 87K)

>memorized behaviors
>not capable of articulating a skillset requiring any abstraction

it's because academia cherishes memorization as the easiest route of fedbux acquisition instead of sculpting mechanisms of thought.

Is it autism to count out and bring about $0.79 in change (two quarters, two dimes, a nickle, and four pennies) everywhere I go?

They're upset about capitalism, not minimum wage.

I would rather have a lousy job than a lousy personality which would justify someone knocking my ass out.
Just saying.

>manager caves in and validates them treating you like shit
Maybe when you go to school you can take a biz 101 course. The money isn't made when you make a single sale, the money is made when the customer comes back. Repeat customers, dipshit. Literally the 80/20 rule

Let me break it down for your retarded ass: The 80/20 rule is a statistic that holds true for every business across every industry. No one knows why it holds true, but measured thousands and thousands of times over the years it just does. It says two things
80% of profits come from just 20% of your products
&
80% of profits come from just 20% of your customers (repeat and loyal customers)

so 80% x 80% = 64% of profits
coming from
20% x 20% = 4% of customers buying 20% of the products

ie) 64% of a businesses profits come from 4% of customers buying 20% of your products. So, getting customers to come back means that you can grow that 4% and thus increase your profits by a logarithmic amount.

if I had $0.01 for every penny I discarded, I'd have almost $10 over the last few years. this is about 20 minutes of work.

>the person
>p36txbBw
>(You)
i heard that many young negroes can't recognize themselves in the mirror. sad!

Here is your change sir.
>hands back 5 ones, 25 pennies, 2 dimes and a nickel.
Problem sir?

Only if you sperg and go grab more change to equal .70c after 1 purchase.

B
A
S
I
C

S
O
C
I
A
L

S
K
I
L
L
S

>can't do basic math
>get angry when someone tells you this fact
>Lash out like an animal

Woah

kek i had this happen one time too

By issues, do you mean that boomers fucked my country into the ground and now I have to deal with it?

Attached: PourMeAnother.jpg (540x720, 82K)

having to interact with people and use you're brain at the same time is hard

What the fuck?

What the fuck do social skills have to do with someone performing the job they're required to do?

>knowing 3rd grade math is a specialized skill

wtf lol.