Theory:

Theory:

Rock died because as a guitar based genre, it was taken to where it could go.

So Rock music hit a plateau, and that combined with the attitude and image that plateaued too.

The whole thing basically plateaued.

So white guys traded in their guitars for video game controllers and smart phones instead

Attached: 32059.jpg (1300x1300, 696K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAzvpzCj5oE&t=301s
youtu.be/xpVfcZ0ZcFM?list=PLH6pfBXQXHEC2uDmDy5oi3tHW6X8kZ2Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Look obvious plebbitor - take it to /mu/

Bump

What the fuck are you talking about? Rock music is still healthy.

Lol

Your life has hit a plateau. Fuck off you pretentious homo

Not an argument

Attached: 32D8F881-7967-4D36-9DE9-8D0F953A463B.jpg (1280x853, 185K)

What?

Attached: 48AF6BDD-7C11-432D-AACF-960E1107F5C4.jpg (1800x1200, 385K)

Well even as recently as like 2005 rock was in a pretty healthy state. Nu metal was still big, emo was huge, there was a big scene in the UK of "Landfill Indie" (which also included american acts like the Killers).

That isn't that long ago. What changed was about 2008/09 clubland pop became huge with singers like Gaga, Perry and Rihanna. Clubs previously were pretty eclectic and just played whatever was in the charts or stayed with a tried-and-tested playlist.
But once Gaga, Perry and Rihanna burst onto the scene in the late 00s, the clubs all went in for that stuff big time, and so did the charts and then things like adverts, public music (in shops etc) , radio, etc etc.
And that stuff just happens to not use electric guitar in it. I don't see this as that big a deal, after all look at the piano - much older instrument than electric gtr and there's piano in pretty much every huge pop hit of the last 10 years...

Electric guitar is such a versatile instrument though, it is bound to pop up again in some form, it's pretty cheap, transportable, easy to learn the basics of, and as i said massively versatile... so I wouldn't worry too much

Genres in terminal decline that we never seem to hear about are Classical, and Jazz... what on earth happened to them?
where are the good composers ? Literally apart from John Williams, only the odd composer writes the odd nice tune, like Ludovico Enaudis "I Giorno" and suchlike. But why is there no consistent Beethoven of this age? There really isn't any good reason for it, in all honesty, except for a lack of talent

>John Williams
KYS

Gibson died

Your generation plateaued a couple of decades ago and rock is dead (thank god) ... die, boomer scum, die.

Attached: Brooke.jpg (1200x630, 83K)

everyone listens to hiphop now rock has been dead for awhile fuck off

I was explaining my theory as to why it died

Why should I listen to rap instead?

rap and hiphop sounds like someone is shitting in my ears.

Why would I listen to hip hop if I have YouTube? Being forced to listen to any music genre is outdated.

There’s plenty of those fucks in the movie and video game buisness

>I was explaining
Did someone tell you they gave a fuck, or something? Or did you just foist your garbage opinion on the users of Jow Forums for the fuck of it?

Listening to any music outside of Baroque is degenerate. Enjoy the psyop, zombie.

>t. a faggot that has never played guitar in his life

I like the 90s song Zombie. Thanks for reminding me of its greatness.

Lol

You could also say the same about Metal. Sounds like someones sharting in my ears

Kinda agree. If you listen to a rock station, they play music from current day all the way back to 1960s rolling Stones and shit. Nowadays rock sucks and most songs are rehashed covers of old music. Rock and roll needs to fucking die already

It didn't plateau it's just that the jews that own the record companies can make more money off the subconscious shit in the rap music than the rock.

Hans Zimmer isn't really "classical", and hes the best example I can think of... Howard Shore did a great job on LOTR , but thats it and honestly it's slim pickings.
Most 'classical' in games/films these days is just background noise, theres very rarely any memorable tune and it's really just texture and ambience.

hmm, nice argument bro

but in all honesty an evening of John Williams' music live in concert would be a great night out, and whats the competition? Who else is writing the tunes? Where is the mozart?

If you didn't care about my explanation, why would you enter my thread?

It's a pretty convincing description I'd say

TAKE YOUR POINTLESS SHIT TO:

Metal is cringy shit.

Since trap and current pop sucks I'm listening to music from the past instead.

Rock died off when guys noticed girls dancing to the "BEAT". The closer to copulation (fucking) tempo the better. And so the multi-pattern, time signature based classical artistic types gave way to what made her tight little ass move. Disco became the beat in the 80s, rock started to die off in the 90s, and Rap which became main stream destroyed everything music. Thankfully, Rap is beginning to die off as the real thugs are killed off and what's left are wanna be wiggers who have no talent.

Major labels push Rap/Hipphop/and edm style pop because its super cheap to produce. Bands are much more expensive and time consuming to do in the studio.

There are still plenty of people playing guitar based music. It's just not something lables are looking to sign anymore and it's their loss as that kind of music tends to age better. Rap and hipphop tends to age like milk.

The Majors wont be around for too much longer. They already are having trouble finding the next big pop stars which is why they are still going full force with promoting Gaga, Rihanna, and Perry. And now that Sound Cloud rappers are a thing chances are indie labels will start to flourish more while the big labels get bought up by corporations.

Attached: 2d mixing.png (599x599, 712K)

OP here:

That's how I was in high school. Emo music sucked, so I listen to Classic Rock instead

Synthwave is the future.
Put that faggy guitar down and pick up a keyboard
Will likely become a more proficient musician as well.

It's interesting, you are likely to still make money as you grow older if you were in a rock band. If you're in your 40s you don't really have to be cool or hip or with it, you can still play arenas if you can at least pluck a string or whatever

There is something about the "beat" that does something to women, especially when they want to dance. They love rhythmic movements to pulsating beats. What race of men tend to have natural rhythm and dance moves? Does this race of men also tend to make music with that type of tempo? Really makes you wonder.

Crazy

So in the end, the keyboard is what will actually get you pussy

Post this on /mu/.

The underground metal is holding strong as a bastion of white expression, if a bit eccentric. As long as we still have M8L8TH and Peste Noire giving zero fucks, we will be ok.

What's your favorite year for music? Mine's 1968.

>Rock music is still healthy.
Contemporary rock is rubbish. It is either total crap and/or premade "Beats by Dre" horseshit. Very few current bands have any real creativity, and just make garbage sounds. Rock is alive and well, but no where near the volume of shovelware that is out there, and nothing that is on the radio or is advertised is worthwhile. Bands that are good are not bigtime, which is the paradox. Once they go "big" they become the property of someone else, and very few have flew so close to the sun and survived intact. Ween (pic very related) is a great band that fits that description. I wish there was more bands of that nature....they have "earning potential", but choose to make their own music and are self aware of their own limitations. Rock as a genre is dead, as most "music" is.

Attached: reset for finale.jpg (5312x2988, 2.04M)

But it's not as fun to watch live.

That's what's keeping guitar based music alive today.

There's just too much you can do with a guitar these days and theirs more effects pedals then ever to choose from. I can't remember who said it, but some famous guitar player said it's ridiculous that the pedal advent is happening now of all times, where as in the past you had only a few companys to choose from for effects.

Interestingly enough, EDM is the white man's genre

If you spend time behind the computer, you could be the next big star. Whether it's music OR apps

STILL

the world needs a new guns n rosea

Rock died because the media started pushing gigaboo shit everywhere.

Rock got too white, that's why it was disposed of. Hell, to this day jews hate prog rock with a passion, because it was one of the whitest subgenres.
See stuff like theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
The irony is that they also take the chance for a fellow white people moment: Rush is on the article cover, and Geddy Lee is jewish

Attached: this is a very sad picture.jpg (984x461, 144K)

Yeah, 1967 for me. My favorite album - the white album - was released in '68 though.

Crazy ass times, the 60s. Jesus. Just fucking evrything about that decade

That's another thing

It became cool to be uncool

That is - you make music for the masses, and you're uncool.

Where as with rap music, that's not even a type of thinking at all.

So, rock bands just stopped being popular as a consequence, and naturally so as it was a self inflicted wound from the anti mainstream cucks that took the reigns

> Rock as a genre is dead, as most "music" is
enlighten me, what music genre isn't dead

Not over hear nigger

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAzvpzCj5oE&t=301s

The mid-2000s, when nu-metal and metalcore were extremely popular, was the lowest point of "health" that rock music is ever been in. "Mainstream" rock music (apart from a select few 70s/early 80s bands) has usually been awful.

Luckily, there has always been a wealth of great underground rock music, which exists regardless of whether or some highly adulterated subgenre is currently doing well in the charts.

But prog rock was just getting ridiculous by the end of the 70s and onto the 80s. It made guitar music into this thing that only people who were musicians themselves could enjoy. mainly cuz these bands were trying one up each other. This is why punk took off.

agreed
you can see that with rock to grunge
Heavy metal became so complicated to play. that good guitarists were not happening unless that rare prodigy. Until 30+.
Then grunge came around. Basically back to the 70's and early 80's 3 cord trick. Once again, 13 year olds could make music that was relevant.
Then grunge got complicated, too complicated to create easily. Then hip hop was embraced. fucking talking. While playing music in the back ground.
Rap is eternally, the easiest form of music. No musical talent needed. You sample your music and you talk.
literally retards can make music.
it's going to be around for a very very very long time.

Face it, everything black is "cool". Rock music (started by blacks) turned into white guys with long hair crying about getting cheated on or their mommy didn't love them. Contrast that with rap, fucking bitches, shooting people in the face, selling drugs. Notice the difference in masculinity.

I have to give it to rap music:

If your shit is wack, you WILL be forgotten within a few years guaranteed

With rock bands, they fucking keep going and going and going. That also contributed, 100%

In the future though, that won't be the case. If less people pick up the guitar, there will be a smaller amount of good bands as a natural consequence.

That is what I'm talking about. The eventual total practical death in the way that jazz died, that could very realistically happened to rock music

>Luckily, there has always been a wealth of great underground rock music, which exists regardless of whether or some highly adulterated subgenre is currently doing well in the charts

This couldn't be more true. There will likely always be great underground guitar driven music being made regardless of what's on the charts

This thread proves that Jow Forums doesn’t actually listen to music outside of commercial radio stations.

Used to be heavily into metal and went to see a shit ton of live shows, was in a band myself as well; recently as I've gotten into Synthwave shit, I've gone to a few of the shows and they are a lot of fun, though I do see what you're saying there. The acts will get light shows, projector shit going and where I will admit it is notably different having a guy up there with a computer, some keyboards, and maybe a side musician or two, it's only the beginning.

Donald Glover is a nigger faggot.

>What race of men tend to have natural rhythm and dance moves? Does this race of men also tend to make music with that type of tempo?
No doubt about it. The niggs 1970s Funk really brought that out which led to Disco. Sex has driven music like it drives men to work and attract better snatch...both eventually dying off. I really believe drugs back in the 1960s took men's minds off sex long enough to be really creative. Homos like Elton naturally were free to be creative.

So what you're saying is rock hit a plateau

My only theory is that if it gets repetitive, it will die the way Rock died

67, Doors self titled, Hendrix 'are you experienced', Pink Floyd's first, Sgt Pepper, Velvet Underground debut

also , Kurt Cobain, Noel Gallagher, James Dean Bradfield and Billy Corgan all born in 1967

Guitar rock in the mid-2000s was healthy. I was a teenageer then and it was massively popular among my peers. I couldn't say the same for my younger siblings who are 14 and 18. Music isn't even that big for them, let alone rock music.

as for this "underground" rock that I keep hearing about, if it was so great there'd be a scene. Look, for example at Grunge. However you feel about it. There was a scene in the late 80s and from that scene sprang one huge band , who had loads of other bands in tow with varying degrees of success.

If there was underground scene today, one band (or two) would rise above and become figureheads for the movement, and then a load of other acts would follow in the same style and genre.

Why isn't that happening?
>Could it be because the music is gash?

Have you heard of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard?

See:

Everyone praising hippop and crap are showing their young dumb age so bad right now - hip pop is LITERALLY FUCKING NIGGER MUSIC - oh, and that gay ass fucking EDM!? Starting but butt fucking euro fags.

You fucking kids suck. I wish you'd all go fucking deaf or OD from some drugs you take at one of your nigger bop festivals, ducking faggots.

And that's the thing, the big envelope pushers used to be Rockers

please stop this rock is black meme, it simply isnt true.
blacks had blues . Whites had country and folk.

Rock came from COUNTY music, not blues. Look at what happened to rock after the 50s. it transformed dozens of times. Rock n Roll, psychedelia, Glam, Prog, Punk, New Wave, Metal, Grunge, Nu Metal, and so on

Look what happened to blues after the 50s.... *crickets*
This is a meme which must die

I think your theory is both fake and gay sir. The music industry died because it became easy to own music without buying it. Now the only music with the big bucks behind it is pop music and rap music. Because they can use tv, radio to vet pop acts and because rap is degenerate nigger shit that glorifies being a loser. Rock is for white people, and the jews hate white people.

That's actually an exaggeration from your part. Yes there were bands that prized technique over musicianship, but that wasn't by any means the rule. Don't be a goy and think punk was organic, it had quite the push by labels who were interested in an easier to profit genre. With punk, they could get some randoms on the street, teach them some powerchords and they were good to go. If they at any time didn't suck up to the label's wishes their careers were over. They couldn't really do that with prog.
And prog wasn't the only rock genre there was, the point is both musicians and the public were going into more complex territory(not talking about the wankery though), and the labels wanted it to stop. When the audience begins to simpler and simpler music, it eventually loses the capacity to listen to anything more complex, things they might appreciate had their reward systems not been fried by oversimplified label pushed bullshit. A lot like today, but our reality is that on steroids, because back then at least radios had more variety, people went to record stores etc, there was still some power in the hand of the consumer. Even though we obviously have the power of choice today, normies just guzzle what the radio pushes on them, and they essentially lose the capacity to appreciate anything else. It doesn't take being a musician to appreciate something other than G-C-D. Common people listened to Mozart once, today if you expose a normie to that he will think it's some prank tv show

Interesting take. What did you mean the dying off part? Like sex in general is dying or creativity through sex?

I pretty much *only* listen to music outside of commercial radio stations, i am in a rock band and I gig regularly on the toilet circuit and I hear dozens and dozens of unsigned 'underground' acts and let me tell you, they're all mince

Bunch of k pop retards, any meaningful debate has no space. Even this shithole is better, and that's saying something

youtu.be/xpVfcZ0ZcFM?list=PLH6pfBXQXHEC2uDmDy5oi3tHW6X8kZ2Jo

What on earth are you talking about?

There are loads of DIY scenes all around the states.

Mac Demarco and Ty Segal are killing it right now and have huge followings.

There's never going to be another Nirvana level band that leads the charts

The pitch perfect 3 cover of it is top tier tbqhwy desu

THIS IS AMERICA!

Ya these fags don't know what in the pretentious they are talking about tons of European Metal and rock bands are still awesome.

DAMN

Could us getting sober is what really turned rock to shit?

It checks out when you look at the artists of thr 60s & 70s I guess

this is totally true, /mu/ is arguably the most cancerous board on Jow Forums, including /mlp/ and the gay ones.

The last big thing for Rock music was Indie Rock, from the late 2000s to the early 2010s.

Probably from 2014/2015 it's been dead-dead. Maybe even 2013-2014, dare I say

Explain?

Attached: 5C837799-1068-43BC-9CAC-AD45DA7CE316.jpg (1050x1242, 73K)

What?

>I really believe drugs back in the 1960s took men's minds off sex long enough to be really creative. Homos like Elton naturally were free to be creative.
Holy fuck my sides. I like you.

the fact that De Marco isn't really representative of any tangible scene is either because of the way the music is marketed now ,
>or it's because he isn't representative of any tangible scene

there is a shit ton of stoner metal being created and its a niche scene so i can't imagine other subgeneres doing worse.
and honestly who the fuck cares about mainstream appeal.

Attached: 1510674025189.jpg (620x387, 47K)

I think the reason it died was because the rise of the synth. Electronic music rised as it was only necessary to know the basics of playing the piano and some music theory.
People who produce at home may not have guitar knowledge, and getting a session guitarist is not free.
Why do you need a band when you can get drum samples and loops?

Internet vs TV.

Prog post 1974 is shite except the more mainstream ones like king crimson or pink Floyd

stoner metal is the shit

Attached: Kyuss_Welcome_to_Sky_Valley.jpg (300x300, 37K)

rock died because rock music was always based on a foundation of rebellion and standing up to the establishment.

Clearchannel blacklisted a ton of rock songs in the early 2000s, only pussy boy rock got the ok to go on air.

Now the big music is pop, rap, r and b, and country.... they let gangster rap have a bit leeway, as long as it had a strong foundation of promoting buying things and that being a consumer was cool... it was great for locking into a lot of kids buying shit they dont need.

Rap has been popular for 25 years now.... ask your self why? Country has become extremely poppy and even mash up of genres to survive because the old format was beaten to death.

This board should be 25 and up only.

Regardless, it isn't. Guitar sales have been tanking for a pretty long time and hit a new low quite recently. No one in mainstream music is even using guitars to make music anymore, they're all using synths and other digitized bullshit. The two main acts that got people buying guitars in recent memory are Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran and THEY'RE FUCKING SHIT, so, not really healthy or present in anyone's mind. Rock is dead and guitar is dead with everyone except boomers and dreadful YouTube homos who focus solely on diatonic scales and shitty tapping techniques.

Not the point. Sure, if you look hard enough you can find some decent bands that don't get paid for what they do and no one but you and like a few thousand people on the net know about. Rock and metal is no longer the mainstream, the status quo, popular or even sought after. That's the argument.

i wouldn't say indie Rock i'd say there was a divergence in the late 2000s where rock went either all-out heavy metal (the death metal / black metal / thrash metal scenes seem to be doing OK) or went kooky akookstic, singer songwriter type stuff.
There is also in the UK a big "Post Rock" scene in the 2010s, Mogwai, Biffy Clyro, and other bands some of which verge on semi-screamo (think of stuff like Marmozets)

but indie? That was dead as a dodo by 2008 my friend... skinny jeans and converse isn't a thing anymore

How about it was a fucking mix of ALL OF THESE THINGS

There should be a Netflix documentary about this, if it isn't already made

**being made/planned out