Why do you believe in God?

Why do you believe in God?

Why would he create a world where little kids get cancer?

Is he indifferent to suffering?

Attached: IMG_3587.jpg (820x974, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVw2r5bfBww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

find him
ask him

Why doesn't your model of god include suffering? Is it incomplete?

This is how these threads go:
>vague assertions made by theists
>questions to elaborate on the assertion; cant
>theists abandon thread, everyone else replying to people not here.
Every time.

Because from the Christian perspective we are only on Earth for a short time and this life doesnt matter, it’s Satan’s playground

They’re rewarded in Heaven

(Brainlet)

>Why would he create a world where little kids get cancer?

Why would you own a pet and give it a home when you can't prevent your dog becoming ill?

Also in order to have free will God does not intervene.

Reincarnation theory handles this readily: your suffering is your own fault from previous lives. The Universe is only playing fair. Too bad Christianity dropped that mechanism. The Greeks still had it.

Attached: 1454259260355.png (1452x1440, 846K)

Are you saying God is too impotent to prevent illness? The Bible says otherwise?

>Reincarnation theory handles this readily: your suffering is your own fault from previous lives.

Recreation has always been a hoax. If I deleted your memory and removed all traces of you, you die; and you will start over as a virtually new person. There is no future "second me" after my death.

The Bible was written by humans. The Bible actually frequently describes a God who seems to abandon His people and even His Son. As others have pointed out, what matters is to save your soul.

Yes there is you faithless retard

>Why do you believe in God?
Commonsense and logic demand it.
We are born in to sin, also "parent huffs paint for years then has kid, why is my kid fucked, there is no g_d"
>Is he indifferent to suffering?
no.

Attached: 1414121856480.jpg (470x560, 100K)

You either got the wrong person or believe in Pagan deities. Very frustrated today, you little ball of impotent rage?

OP's questions : they just cant to control what's posted incase we come up with something ingenious.
Sage

So you're saying the kid deserved it and God was unwilling to prevent it?

At Job book (Christian) god give a reply to this argument. We just don't have any right to argue about pain, suffering and all bad things. Where we are when god created everything? We are here because it. We must accept life how it goes, being submissive and grateful to god. So, one day, we will get a reward.

Btw, Christianity are just an easy platonism for plebs

Spirit transcends, your spirit is you, not your brain

Get with it Hans

Is that what he said? Did he say “the kid deserved it”

Randomness is a part of nature, dumbfuck

Because we exist in a fallen state.

> b-b-but that’s not fair

Life isn’t fair. Hell exists because you have the free will to distance yourself from God - i.e. do degenerate unloving things that separate you from Goodness, Truth, and Beauty.

Ok but why does God allow unnescesary suffering in the first place?

Because He gave us free will, and we make bad decisions.

How does a child randomly getting cancer have to do with poor choices?

Because this is Satan’s world, Heaven is the reward

Maybe he stopped paying attention to us at some point.ade something better

That's a really fucking weak argument.

Satan? What child believes in Satan?

Because our ancestors’ poor choices compromised us; temporal existence is now a fallen existence. Bad things happen. Man causes many of the cancers of other men.

It’s a weak argument but so is

> what child believes in Satan

Who cares if you believe in Evil? Evil exists regardless.

Punishing someone for the sins of others is the opposite of what I would expect from a just God. Your theology is weak.

Also, pro-tip: the sooner you come to terms with the fact that Western Atheism is just an extension of Western Protestantism, and that you cannot escape the indelible influence of Christianity over human history, they less frustrated and confused you’ll be.

God gives us free will. Man punishes Man because he chooses to act evilly.

It sounds like you are yearning for Heaven, for proximity to God. You are frustrated with the evil in the world. Have hope, do not have fear, and you may come closer to what you seek.

Just a suggestion: Read Ratzinger’s Introduction to Christianity. The concept of “personhood” did not exist before Christianity. I know it’s hard to believe, but you can easily trace the Latin word origins; “persona” refered to theatrical masks. You seek goodness, you can find it in God and His wisdom.

>why believe in Sky Man?
Grug learn, but Grug not know all. Da and Muh tell Grug about Sky Man. Grug trust them. Now Grug think only of Sky Man. No other grug tell Grug about other in sky. Sky Man help Grug. Grug want tribe to know Sky Man.
>Why Sky Man make big rock scary place?
Big rock is fight from Sky Man. But not fight with club. No club fight to see if Grug learn to love Grug and other grugs. Shiny Rock Grug 9000 tribe hate other grugs. Hate self. Have hard life, they no try make less hard.
>Does Sky Man like hurt Grug?
Sky Man want see true Grug. Grug sit in cave, Grug talk with tribe, but true Grug help tribe. True Grug fight for tribe in no club fight. True Grug fight for Grug against bad. No see true Grug if Grug no in fight.

Attached: images.png (235x215, 6K)

Why would a God create a world with delicious fruits, sunny beaches, beautiful flowers and green fields?

Sounds like Oz.

Disease and other tragedies arent random. There's always a pathogen, be it biochemical, behavioral, societal. Bad things don't "just" happen.

God actually regretted having made man, and wiped us out several times over. Noah's flood was the last, and we're making a strong case that it shouldn't be.

Just to use your example: Cancer is a massive industry fueled by a man-made epidemic. The numbers don't lie, 'murica basically brought it on itself. Late stage capitalism's a bitch for the ignorant eaters innit.

>replies to a question with an irrelevant question
Why

>Life is inconsequential enough that God allows suffering to exist in the world
>Life is so important that accepting Jesus after you die doesn't count for getting into heaven

PICK ONE

Free will. They chose to get cancer. Or something.

i was taught to do so, and in times of tribulation and strife prayed in the name of christ and was delivered from said strife by miracles of circumstance, not once but 3 times thusfar.

God is a gamer, we are in his hard drive, christ was one of the toons he made for testing his mods. You can see god every day in the smiles of toddlers, hear him singing back up to the battle hymn of the republic, touch him when you render duty with mercy.

You know that rope in the mines with the wooden cones every 6 feet or so, that you use to guide you back to the surface in absolute darkness or if dust or smoke blinds you?

reach out faggot, its there.

you are under the very jewish assumption that pain and work don't have upsides. pain sews strength. unlimited comfort turns people into invalids

>Is he indifferent to suffering?

What is a eternity in heaven versus + - 85 years of suffering on earth

Suffering is necessary for evolution. Sad, but true.

I don't.

I want the people who use this lie against me dead.

I have been on this earth for 40 year almost and i have seen some shit , i do not believe anymore , i know he exist

>Why would he create a world where little kids get man made cancer?

ftfy

the hope that there is something actually good in this world

assistant these cult members

>Why doesn't your model of god include suffering? Is it incomplete?

People get confused between their mom, santa clause and God. It's really quite insipid. I'm glad no one takes this shit seriously anymore since the fedora meme BTFO of atheists eternally.

The most common mistake is in assuming that God is a kind and benevolent creator. We are literally the spawn of a malevolent diety, put here to suffer and die for his amusement. If you hope for a reward in the afterlife, make your life interesting to watch. There is no greater sin than being boring.

Attached: 5d7.jpg (399x300, 14K)

>believing in kike fairy tales
what's next nazi soap factories? lol fuck off.

Attached: 1364676573547.jpg (481x700, 59K)

What an argument.

>What an argument

The OP isn't an argument, tho. Its saying god doesn't exist because suffering does. Prove that and we can start.

No where in any text does it say god exists to end all human suffering.

I always find it weird when atheists ask this question as if it's never been addressed before.
This is called the Problem of Evil. It has been written about for literally thousands of years. Augustine, Aquinas, Calvin, literally every theologian ever, has addressed this problem.
Believe it or not, it's also addressed in the Bible (shocking, I know!)
Dissertations are written about this and lots of articles and so forth are published about it.
Alvin Plantinga decisively destroyed the logical problem of evil btw.

Attached: 5b04f021c29a4c12d18af7d996548d61-dc218u6.jpg (1500x1060, 2.19M)

Our sin created our troubles. You are a blame passer.

Not true. You push god away so he does not intervien.

Cause when good things happen, God is good.
When bad things happen, God is mysterious.

A path chosen and walked should not be blamed for your decision to walk it.

Sin. You choose the suffering.

Want to know what he looks like?

Yup, these babies getting raped by niggers sure made some bad decisions.

You know the French Revolution with all it's atheist drive. What was the main church in France?

Thats the end of it. You choose not to believe, you make excuses. Go back to tinyshat epicurus.

Amen, even if the gamer part comes across as a tad irreverant. God has without fail plucked me from troubles/situations out of my control and even my own screw up the last decade, and I only became a believer at around twenty.

It's actually not. All people focus on when they make arguments like this is the negative because they have a conclusion already formed they are trying to reach.

From a different angle, if God (or [Insert Deity]) doesn't exist, why are things and places beautiful often independatlty to whether they are hospitiable for human life? Why does food that is practically poison often taste good to us? At what point did the creature that slopped out of the primordial ooze decide it needed lungs to live, and spontaniously spawn them, and that passing on lungs way also a great biological idea?

Even our science is basically magic. We can talk to another person face-to-face across the world with perfect audio by bouncing 'data' off a satalite. We record images to create lifelike reactions of fictional events so relaistic that people in Malawaii actually think Wakanda exists.

Honestly, believing in a 'random' world that wasn't created requires a massive amount of faith.

God doesn’t make our lives better or worse god is simply the force behind the universe

Attached: 0CD8BD1F-788D-445B-B6BD-5C4D4AD54026.jpg (360x300, 31K)

Their parents, society. Choices. You make them deal with the consequences.

And yer wrong about that.

Because of Demons

Attached: 1 622823451.jpg (324x499, 33K)

>decide it needed lungs to live
It doesn't decide anything. One that spawned air sacs (randomly), survived more often than ones without air sacs.

We choose, its not a individual matter , we as a group could have created heaven on earth but we choose hell.

No. From the first lie and excuse we opened the door to sin and consequences of that sin.

>Commonsense and logic demand it.
False. Irrational beliefs are the opposite of sense and logic.

read job

>god is simply the force behind the universe
Why does the universe need a force behind it? And what is the force behind god?

Suffering has to exist for happiness to exist. Evil has to exist for goodness to exist, brainlet

No its love your neighbor, you as a individual cant change jack shit , its us being selfish what creates suffering and not loving our neighbor

Who says God is a good guy, maybe God is an A.I.?

>Even our science is basically magic
It might seem that way to someone very young who shouldn't be up this late shitposting on his mom's computer.

Without all the synthetic chemicals in food, air and water, without Wi-Fi, 4G and all the other factors, no little kids would be getting cancer.

The only reason I believe in god is because I know that some kind of justice and karma has to exist in the universe and man cannot be the only judge.

>the fedora meme
Guess who started it?

Attached: download.jpg (200x252, 6K)

They are deaf, blind and dumb. Reap the wages of sin. Death.

Guess who started it?

Ah a pagan

Honestly, that doesn't make it any better, as did that one have both before it discovered land, or what? Because I'd fucking love a set of gills. That would be amazing.

Not an argument user. We live in an age of scientific wonders and that old quote about any sufficently advanced science looking like magic isn't wrong. I mean, hell, just because you (and by you, I mean the common man, because for all I know you handbuild TVs in a personal workshop) have been told 'how they work' doesn't make the science and process behind it any more crazy or strange if you think of the process and concept of shit like signals.

>delivered from said strife by miracles
Miracles are a suspension of the natural order. The gods actually broke the laws of physics just for you or is more likely you just don't math?

Because that's my faith.

Attached: Ecclesiastes 7 3.jpg (1024x577, 31K)

Ai does not exist for us. I have been over this before.

God is something we can never understand, only love. I have seen him.

>The concept of “personhood” did not exist before Christianity.
It certainly did for the rest of us long before any of the grifters started religion.

Makeing excuses and casting doubt.

Just had to google that for help with discernment, and yeah, I can see the wisdom. It's not claiming that we should seek to be unhappy or depressive... simply that we take away more valuable lessons from hard times than good and we tend to lean upon Jesus more in theme times. Amen.

I don't know man, a god machine pumping out existences makes some sense dude, like think of the concept of terra-forming but on a quantum A.I. spontaneous manifestation ether-hack level.

>i was taught to do so, and in times of tribulation and strife prayed in the name of christ and was delivered from said strife by miracles of circumstance,
This is actually why I believe. I still struggle sometimes but I continue to pray every night and read from the Bible, hoping to attend church once I switch jobs.
I was in an awful place in life and for the first time in over half a decade turned to God pleading to lead me on the right path and for a sign. In less than a week the solutions to problems that had been weighing down on me fiercely for years found me instead of me finding them.
Blah blah it could be chance etc, but these problems were affecting my daily thoughts and had hit me so hard I turned to God looking for answers, and I finally found them.

I find the concept of a purely benevolent super-being puerile, unfulfilling, trenchantly anthropomorphized.

Now, if there is a super-being that delights in pain and suffering... I'll hear you out.

CHRIST CHAN OUTTA NOWHERE!

Attached: cc3.png (884x1496, 423K)

suffering is a part of the plan
Mate he creates the kids knowing they will have cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=RVw2r5bfBww

Attached: Picardía ancap 16.jpg (206x200, 10K)

>>Argument from Evil

Dude, you're going to die, and nothing will happen. We know you're afraid, but there's not a fucking thing you can do about it. One day, BAM, lights out. All your memories, everything, gone.

Sleep well.

By deluding yourself into faith?

because he believes in me

God is really a collective consciousness of all souls, it is good and evil, god is good and evil, god and the devil, a soul is but one neuron of god's brain, they know you personally because they are you along with everyone else. Do you want to become a demi-god? Then build up your karma, if not be ok reincarnated into a roach or lesser being.