Gun Control

Jow Forums, I'm doing my final presentation for my Rhetoric class on gun control (and how shit it is), but I need sources/articles to back my shit up.

Help me out with some non-meme sources? Trying to educate people here

Attached: I+can+already+smell+the+cosmoline+_ffae5e39dd82ae54ce8211604ab8dfd8.jpg (720x468, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/7.1/Gun-Facts-7.1-screen.pdf
gunfacts.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gun control
its illegal
imagine speech control, imagine needing a license for talking

sure, but I'm trying to present arguments not entirely based on authority (second amendment). Many forms of gun control have already been greenlighted by courts anyways.

Nice try ADL

>Help me out with some non-meme sources?

The Constitution

In every massacre ever citizens had no guns to defend themselves also the notion that no one needs assault rifles is invalid because it is on par with what the government has

Largest number of gun-related deaths are caused by handguns, not assault rifles and the rates are disproportionately higher in "gun-free zones."

you don't need sources or articles to back logic up, you just need to know basic right and wrong.
if you are going to take my property, i am going to resist. if i am going to resist and you insist, you are using violating my natural law rights, and so you have forfeit yours, and i will now destroy you for attempting to steal from me, or committing a wrong action against me.
simple logic.

Attached: rightandwrong.png (1032x768, 1023K)

kek molimeme logic

But user you've missed the whole point.

The authority of the second amendment does not come from the Constitution. The constitution is just a piece of paper.

The right to bear arms is an inalienable right that is given to you as a man, as a rational being. You have the right to own guns whether the government recognizes that or not.

That's precisely why the Constitution clearly recognizes rights and then enumerates the powers of government based on those rights, leaving everything else to the people.

Any other argument is pointless

>literally the only justification for every citizen to stockpile killing machines
Good job.

What are you some sort of commie. As Reagan said, there is literally no reason why a civilian would need to own a gun.

Attached: Marx reagan gun.jpg (1200x1200, 142K)

I'm not trying to argue from a legal or "rights" standpoint. I'm trying to give actual points to combat gun control laws (e.g. proving them ineffective or counter-productive).

To say that any right is up for debate is to say that they're all up for debate. That is why the rights outlined in the constitution are all sacrosanct. They don't need pragmatic defense or resorting to hypothetical what-ifs.

You're a man. Claim your right to own guns and tell everyone else to fuck off.

Then go research on the NRA website. Jow Forums isn't here to do your homework

if you murder someone that is wrong.
how can you argue against that?

Even if you're mentally ill and wanting to inflict mass casualties? These people have the inalienable right to military weaponry because nobody can tell them they can't? You truly believe there is no case where a person should legally be barred from owning a firearm? You think criminals out on parole should be able to strap up just because?

gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/7.1/Gun-Facts-7.1-screen.pdf

You're welcome.

That's a weird interpretation of that.

And go to prison like so many others, good idea, you first.

fuck you im not doing your homework for you

gunfacts.info/

thanks

since the reason for arms is to protect oneself from your own government, you should show historical examples of populations being disarmed and then tyrannized. you should remark on how the right to bear arms came about and it's evolution in the west. And then, to answer the objection that light arms can't do shit against a modern army, point out the pashtun people, who have fought off every western empire in history with light arms.

>i need stuff to back this up
have you considered attending a public library for once in your brainlet life? read something for yourself, why would you want to risk your final grade on Jow Forums unless you are a complete retard?

right, let me just pull out the "anti gun-control" book from the nonfiction section real quick

You literally can do that if you'd take the time to read books instead of begging on the internet for free sources. You are not doing things the scholarly way- look up sources first, then make a conclusion.

Look up actual statistics posted by the government, books about gun control, etc.

All gun control stems from Jim Crow. That's pretty much all you need to make a race based (liberal standard) argument. The best modern example of this was after the Rodney King riots when they targeted SKS rifles - cheap, plentiful, easy to use, medium range rifle anyone could use, namely you poorer downtrodden Cali masses. Now the state protects them. You might also want to look in on post cival war Lousiana voting massacre.