Answer me this Jow Forums

Why is it that the poor in America are only given a pittance for food and yet are looked down upon when they buy the only things they can afford - nutrition poor, calorie rich processed swill subsidized thanks to big ag?

Attached: siete limas.jpg (484x700, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Chunk-Chicken-Breast-12-5-oz-4-pack/49914752
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>rich people
>hurr be just like me

>6 limes

Veggies and rice are cheap yo.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.

Welfare is morally wrong and hurts the poor in the long run.

>sage a shill

How fucking out of touch can you get? That is MAYBE 10 dollars, but realistically 8.

Seven limes.

>families
Yea that's complete bullshit

Attached: NiggaBenefitsTransfer.png (687x352, 24K)

where the fuck is she shopping that this is $29?
Farmer's marker near my house I can easily get this for $10.

$26.50 worth of limes

Romain is twice as expensive per piece and has less than iceberg too.

How ironic a black man has the benefit of agriculture

Attached: E4A3E4A1-D415-46A7-83A5-A66856FBECBE.jpg (636x645, 88K)

where the fuck is this bitch shopping that that shit costs $29???

SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
it is NOT intended to cover 100% if your food

yeah, you're right. when i was on welfare with my 4 children, we got about $600/month in food stamps.

this chick is just dumb fucking retarded.

that's not true though. vegetables and fruits are cheap. buying chips and soda and all that shit is a choice

That shit would easily cost 29 Canadian if not a fair bit more.

Ever heard of organic produce? Real food (the kind that doesn't come pre-processed in plastic) costs money.

This is what 29$ gets you at McDonald’s

Now for a limited time, double your McDouble. McDonald’s. I’m loving it.

Attached: 9E79DF05-CA02-4D94-9DDC-0F9D9D66DFCB.jpg (800x600, 79K)

why the fuck is kale there

portion control is also something that bitch needs to consider

>vegetables and fruits are cheap.

they really aren't

Why would you but all those useless greens? But fatty food so you stay full nigger!

kek

I don't experience this

which is funny because the "families" that are on foodstamps definitely don't eat healthy
gwyneth should have made some kind of meme with 5 trolleys of chips and kool-aid, instead she tried to buy what she would eat

organic is a luxury. non-organic produce is fine.

a pittance?

nigger have you ever drawn foodstamps? or know somebody who has? a single mom with 4 kids gets like 6-7 hundred per month for groceries.

pittance? you are not on the same page as reality hell you aint in the same book in fact faggot you on entirely different shelves in different buildings on different worlds in different galaxies of different dimensions.

Head of lettuce $1.7
2 Lb of chicken $10
Loaf of bread $2
Canned food for 2x corn and 2x peas $4
Bag of beans $2
Instant coffee $6

I make a good amount but this is the main weekly stuff I get. It’s not hard. Go to H Mart instead of Whole Foods.

Some fruits are cheap, some vegetables are cheap, lots of fresh fruits are expensive though. Your best bang for buck is bananas for fruit, and probably carrots for vegetables

this

Attached: 35464566545644326.png (540x716, 584K)

I spent $3.47 on a head of lettuce and 5 vineripe tomatoes today. That could make approximately (guess) 10 salads. A few dollars more I could have bacon bits, dressing, chicken strips. So lets say $12 could feed me for approximately 3-4 days.

Poor people feel entitled to junk food and heaping helpings of food of their choice. They buy twinkies, sodas, steaks, chips, sweets. Fuck poor people. They can afford to eat healthy, its just NOT WHAT THEY WANT.

Abolish food programs! Get a fucking job! Grow and hunt your own food!

FUCK THE POOR!

and potatoes. 5 pounds for a buck fifty

Very true but sometimes people need fucking help. I had food stamps for about 6 months after my fiance died before I was able to get my shit together. It saved my ass and I never abused it. The question is how do we help the right people.

“Put me in charge ...

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem. If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.”

Alfred W. Evans, Gatesville, TX.

Trips of truth. Niggers if pol believe me when I say, no one wants you off welfare more than white America.

Or you can get a giant fucking bag of rice, a giant fucking bag of beans, some salt, and some fucking corn/flour for pounding tortillas.
Should be 50¢/lb for rice and beans.
You can even get cheap meat on special if you budget correctly

Attached: printed-rice-bag-500x500.jpg (500x500, 21K)

I like you user. That's why Tennessee and Texas are "sister states". I would vote for you, but I live in Tennessee.

I work at a gas station. I routinely have meth heads come in and buy soda and candy on EBT. I'm not talking about 1 soda and a candy bar. PILES of candy. 6 sodas. When I run their EBT, a receipt prints out and shows their remaining balance. I've never seen a receipt that had a balance remaining under $300. Tell me again how these fucks are suffering becuase they can't buy fucking limes.

I seriously eat tacos and fajitas daily. Have $120 in my food budget. Throw in my black eyed peas with fried "taters", my pintos and cornbread. Man I can feed a family of 4 on $100 dollars a month. Poor people are selfish entitled pieces of fucking shit

This mist be old they are all now complaining about the food they get sent in the mail.

the s stands for supplemental duh

As a former cashier, the purchases were almost always the same with those who had EBT: Soda pop; Junk food; Processed frozen food; luxury cuts of meats; ect. No vegetables, no rice, no beans, or anything else that's cheap and nutritious. But why would they care? It's not their money they're wasting.

>organic
>real food
>still buying the GMO's is da devil hippie shit

Exactly

this shit right here though. you can make a shitton of great soup for real cheap.

Attached: 91FgnFF3PBL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 231K)

Nigger... I once got $160 a month as a NEET wtf is this? I would spend $25 a week and lift weights. Eat rice, beans, cheap chicken and eggs...

Use your NEETBUX wisely.

>brown rice
>black beans
Can be easily replaced with 5kg of noodle. Brown rice is expensive as fuck.

Bitch bought organic gmo free range shit

>This is what people get on SNAP
>SNAP
>Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program
>S
>Supplemental
You're supposed to have a modicum of income you spend on food and this adds to it.

And each of those limes was between $0.50 to at least a dollar a piece.

>I never abused it.
>I took half year of vacation at the expense of others because I'm too pussy to deal with simple facts of life such as death.
I got my feelings hurt in GTA online, guess you feed me now.

To be fair, not that it matters, you can't use SNAP at McDonald's.

couldnt feed a family for a day on that

Why is it that poor people in the US are always overweight?

Since you posted it twice I’ll post it twice. Only this time instead of a keto thread you’re just pretending to be a retard fuck off.
>supplemental nutrition assistance program doesn’t buy everything
>retarded leftist woman pisses away 2/29ths of her SNAP dollars on fucking cilantro instead of buying a bigger carton of eggs along with a goddamn dipshit corn on the cob when you could buy 3 cobs worth of corn in a can or just not even eat corn that has total garbage nutritional value

WOW imagine my shock

I read an article on Jezebel. The Left and women especially were mad that Trump was proposing the USDA food boxes to replace cash SNAP benefits. They were upset because, since poor people can't afford to indulge in anything else and don't have monetary choices because of the poverty they find themselves in, the only indulgences they can have are choosing what to eat and Trump is infantilizing then by choosing healthy options that are beneficial for America's Farmers for them.

>head of lettuce $0.99
>2lbs of chicken $3.99
>loaf of bread $0.89
>4x canned vegetables $4
>fucking beans.. $1.50
>Instant coffee $2.99

you live in California my friend?

>garlic
>cilantro
>limes

they could just buy more rice and uncooked beans and get a few more days of food.

>not spending 60 bucks of starbucks

plz be realistic

I'm not sure how you're seeing 8000 calories there

let alone 50k+ calories needed to feed a family for a week. I know you're on a vegan kick but again, you couldn't feed a family for a day on that.

She forgot the lube to stick all those limes up her ass.

>can't use SNAP at McD
why not?
fatties would get more cheap food (which you kill them faster)
everybody would benefit from this

In a grown man with a job and I get 50 dollars a week in food stamps. A family gets about 200 a week in food stamps. So what is this moron talking about? 29 dollars?

I lived with 3 euro a day in germany
and this useless idiot can't live with 30 dollars in the US? for 3 or 4 people? don't believe it

>I lived for $5 a day in germany
>how can you not live on $1.07 a day?

math checks out

Attached: 1525895503086.jpg (620x387, 47K)

Where the fuck are they shopping? $29 in expensive ass Sydney, at a local deli/grocer...

>2kg flour
>2kg rice
>500g penne
>12 eggs
>1kg apples
>1kg pears
>1kg capsicum
>1kg spinach
>1kg onion
>2kg sweet potato
>Broccoli
>Cauliflower
>Cabbage
>4L milk
>2kg rolled oats

That's not even $30... but most of it will last longer than a week, and then the next week you can restock vegetables, and buy some animal protein...

This is a strawman argument that assumes everyone is ignorant of calories per dollar. What pisses us off is when we see EBT sharts buying steak and lobster while working stiffs who have never taken a dollar from the system can only afford such food on holidays.

Attached: 3B61936E-6E98-43ED-B00E-4DF86D3D0868.jpg (302x167, 10K)

Because celebrities are retarded.

>$30 worth of rice and vegetables

Attached: 1523757104012.jpg (720x960, 61K)

>you couldn't feed a family for a day on that
they could get a fucking job

we're talking about can that food in that picture feed a family of 4 for a week

What does the "S" in SNAP stand for? SUPPLEMENTAL, fucking google it.

Yes but then you get shit that is full with pesticides that will kill you

>buying peas, ridiculous
>Avacado $$$
>Corn, worthless and disgusting
>1 chili
>7 limes
>Not growing fruit and veg
>No side hustle
>coriander
Niggers what are you doing, this isn't fucking iron chef

For the price of that avocado, you could buy another pound of each beans and rice or some meat. With the eggs, that's tacos and burritos for a week. I've certainly done it before.

People here get 480 a month for a family of three adults in house for food stamps and pay 180 dollars for section 8 while getting free opiates and internet.

Unless shit costs 4x times as much as in Germany this picture is bullshit. For 25 Euros I could do much better DESPITE the fact that are shit costs more since we pay much more VAT on our stuff.

t. student who doesn't have much money and gets by just fine

.................?

Attached: 1510939245518.gif (240x287, 277K)

You'd have a point if you couldn't get Huel for $1.77 per meal. They even throw in everything you need to make and consume it in your first order, free of charge.

Attached: huel nutrition.png (538x838, 139K)

Well Paltrow posted it, so probably went to the most expensive supermarket they have. $120~ a month and I would be living sweet on oats, beans, sweet potato, eggs, and peanut butter... and thank my government with every bite for the free shit. Also, I would try and find a job.

>American nutritional science
>"Just eat beans and rice, ese!"

>t. student who doesn't have much money and gets by just fine
>German flag
LMAO post discarded.

Yup wife’s distant family friends live for free on drugs in s nice three bedroom.

Attached: 7 fucking limes vs reality.png (1474x820, 1.01M)

it's not about GMO's you braindead scum. It's about keeping it free from pesticides and shit, keeping chemicals out of your system. Your brain must be basedified.

Attached: 1520049200436.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

Yeah but the amount of times Jow Forums has been over the fact that you can live on rice and beans should have put this "argument" to bed. This isn't mexico or china. You come home to your wife preparing that impoverished garbage and you'll be looking for a new wife.

>Come home from work to your wife

>Work
>Living off foodstamps and rice and beans
Pick one. If you're earning so small that your wife if forced to feed you rice and beans, maybe you should be grateful that your wife stayed with your impoverished ass.

get a load of this nigger
his wife trys to save money and he cucks her

My wife made me up chicken friend rice in big batches every week for lunch until I started to get a gut from it.

Then I switched over to huel, mixed with blueberries. Made it easy to calorie count, and I lost about 25 pounds in 2 months. Once I hit the look I wanted, I just went from 1500 calories (plus a multivitamin, to make up the small nutrition deficit that resulted) every day, to 2k calories per day.

I'll still eat food on occasion, but I've never been a dude who lives to eat in the first place, so it has to be something I really want, or a night out on the town or something.

>chicken
vegan cucks detected

Attached: 0AF0B19C-AC23-477B-86C1-2051394BBDE9.png (550x535, 288K)

Chicken isn't expensive. This would last the Mrs two weeks when she was making it for my lunch.

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Chunk-Chicken-Breast-12-5-oz-4-pack/49914752

No vegan, just merely pointing out that if you have allocated yourself breadwinner of the family, you better be winning bread, otherwise don't be surprised when you have to live on vegetable rations.

Attached: 1524441637273.jpg (1024x690, 148K)

No it's not expensive at all. Just throwing out there that you can't live on starches. I mentioned the chicken to point out the deviation between your meals and the other proposals ppl have been making here.

I don't take any sort of food stamps. But as someone who doesn't need to live on Huel, but chooses to mostly live on Huel, I can tell you poor people have no reason to complain about the cost of food. That shit is perfectly healthy. Vegan, GMO-free, and even Gluten free (if you want it). There's nothing objectionable about it. It's not overly flavorful, but beggars shouldn't be choosers.

I've been living on huel for over 10 weeks at this point, at 1.77 per serving.

Ok I just clicked on that link and wtf. Canned chicken breast?

You do know you're paying more for them to cook, cut, and pack that then you'd be buying the chicken breasts hole and cutting them yourself?

I'm not even going to look up "huel". Sounds like some dipshit protein supplement idiots then turn into a meal. Try to suggest meals that don't come in cans or bags..

I'm genuinely impressed at the low quality of life people on this board are comfortable tolerating in order to perpetuate their drug habits. You make the suggestion that instead of another 8th how about a nice steak tonight, and people come out of the wood work to throw their bean diets in your face.

Attached: 1525147931233.jpg (702x1024, 73K)

You can't use SNAP on already cooked, prepared food. At grocery stores you can buy anything that's food but you can't buy things from the hot bar, salad bar, fresh, prepared food stations. You can buy take and bake pizza and other things but you can't eat at restaurants.

Pre-historic meem coming through

Attached: PB9d7.jpg (450x600, 30K)

>I'm not even going to look up "huel"
You don't have to. I included a pic of the nutrition facts above:

Sorry my reply doesn't make much sense, it was meant for I was initially going to reply to you because you wrote
>I'll still eat food on ocasion
which made me lol, you on that photosynthesis time?

Attached: MGS3 the end.jpg (294x171, 9K)