What does Jow Forums think about artificial meat? Analysing the molecules present in meat...

What does Jow Forums think about artificial meat? Analysing the molecules present in meat, then synthesizing them or finding them in plants, and putting them together to give something that tastes as good, or better, than real meat, and can be iterated over time to taste even more delicious?

Cultured meat, farming actual animal muscle cells, will one day be a reality, but we don't even need to do that to get meat. The flavour of meat can be replicated using science without growing the cells themselves. Ultimately, this form of meat will be cheaper, and it will taste much nicer as well. Meat from a cow is 100 million year old technology. Plant meats can be improved over time and eventually will be far cheaper and far more delicious than real meat.

Attached: impossible-burger-main-1.jpg (1000x653, 79K)

>artificial
stopped right there, basedboy.

You're the same kind of fuck that thinks a C section is as good as vaginal birth.

But what about the intense suffering intrinsic to farming animals for meat? It's pretty horrific. As whites, surely we should act to put an end to it.

here is what will decide if artificial meat will become mainstream: is it cheaper to produce than meat that comes from animals? if no, then it is a commodity.

I’m not some fucking university Oxford philosopher. I don’t gaf about suffering. Plus, I eat an animal and it becomes part of me. I like to eat animals that have been raised better because the taste is better. Lab meat will be for the basedboy masses.

The goal is to make it nicer and cheaper than meat, and those goals are not unrealistic. White Castle is now selling $2 sliders using a massive chunk of Impossible Burger meat, in select locations, and the price will only fall as production ramps up and economies of scale are gained.

If you don't care about suffering then how can you consider yourself higher than a Chinaman?

>appeal to nature fallacy

kys

>suffering
>farming animals
lol, they suffer for the betterment of humans. Do you care at all about youself or your people. The only time I'd consider an alternative to farmed meat is if doing so was objectively bad for my preferred group of people. Outside of that, let the pigs squeal to death, their cries mean nothing.

Jesus.

It's not an appeal to nature. That's why I said C section and not
>natural birth
birth in a mud hut it absolute garbage, birth in a modern hospital that is clean and capable of handling complications and is literally built for child rearing is the best thing that man has ever made, but C sections, the greatest problem but not alone, is a trick against the well being of humans. Fucking figure it out.

But what if plant based meat is cheaper and more delicious, which it will be quite soon?

Attached: ImpossibleBurger_1_4.0.jpg (1200x800, 123K)

>cheaper and more delicious
Ah, so you're a jew? Welp. That's it for this thread.
SAGE.

Attached: 799px-Sage_Group_logo.svg.png (799x348, 23K)

>not wanting to torture billions of animals to death every month is jew

Nice try Schlomo.

lab meat will catch on when it's cheaper and every fast food restaurant starts using it. dipshit will eat it while complaining and posting about the "cultured jew" on pol.

c section = emergency exit

If it tastes the same (or better) and has equal nutrition (or better) without any side effects AND costs the same (or less) I am interested.
This is obviously a lot of hoops to jump through and I don't expect it to happen, but if it does I would gladly make the switch from genuine meat to synthetic.

When it tastes good, or better, let me know. Until then I’ll stick with cow. I like cows. I like seeing them around. It’s a sign of human dominance of the land like a field of crops or a sub development. It says “betterment” and “fertility” in more ways than I care to explain.

No worse then industrialized farming tbqh.

All fun and games until Monsanto lobbies some law that lets them keep in secret what they put inside.

I dont have a problem with it as long as its safe

u r gay

What about the intense suffering of plants used for this? They're alive too, shithead.

Plants don't suffer intensely, they do not have complex enough neural architectures for it. Are you retarded or just trolling?

And animals can't suffer either, they're missing the mental capacity and self awareness. Are you retarded or just trolling?

>plant based meat
then it's not meat then, is it you dumb faggot

Animals can definitely suffer. Mammals like pigs and cows are among the smartest animals on earth other than humans, with billions of neurons and intensely complex brains. Why would they not be able to suffer? Do you believe they can feel anything at all? Why would a human be able to feel, yet an animal with a brain only a little less complex not be able to feel whatsoever?

Stop crying you shitcunt, just enjoy burning in hell.

Plants can definitely suffer. Some of the most complex organisms on earth are plants or fungi and can span communicating networks. Why would they not be able to suffer? Do you not believe they can feel anything at all? Why would a human be able to feel, yet a plant reacting to the same environmental factors not be able to feel whatsoever?

Lmfao, plants have non existent or extremely simple brains/nervous systems. They can suffer to a negligible degree, no more than an a bot in counter-strike can suffer.

lmao, animals have non existant or extremely limited mental capacity. They can suffer to a negligible degree, no more than a bot in counterstrike can suffer.

>lmao, animals have non existant or extremely limited mental capacity.
Incorrect.

>Incorrect
Incorrect

>Incorrect
Correct

so fucking what, they are also food for humans
>let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth
animals are not our equals you greenie faggot

Good thread, logically if it tastes the same and has additional nutritional benefit at a lower cost it’s the better choice
Though cows are staying around, the gibmint ain’t gonna take your steaks

2/10 nice try soulless gook cunt.

I want to try one of those fake meat burgers but figure it will be a while until we see fast food chains selling it.

Attached: 0cPiA0U.jpg (1120x1080, 68K)

Thanks, it really bugs me as a hobby botanist that faggots like the aussie think plants are not suffering in their own way or call them less complex than animals. It was shown often enough that they can not only communicate but behave like animals would when reacting to harsh environmental factors.

Eating plants is no less killing than eating animals. And you just shift the suffering to living organisms that can not express it or act on it.

> C-sections are bad because...
. .because...?

TGI Fridays now sells the Beyond Burger in every store and in Chicago and NY White Castle sells the Impossible Burger. It's becoming more common.

fpbp

Attached: 481C2C4B-9800-47C2-A108-7CC92F826A7F.jpg (1199x675, 136K)

What's it made out of?
Onions and kidney beans?

I tried checkers and dairy queen burgers for the first time recently and they tasted like plastic. that's gotta be as close to artificial everything as it gets

Wheat protein, potato protein, various vegetable oils, leghemoglobin for the iron taste, and other flavour molecules from meat.

>artificial.
Fuck off, real meat will always be objectively better because it's real, simple as that.

Well then it looks like you can't fucking eat anything then, The plants! OMG the plants we have to worry about their feels. we will just live of sunshine and air.

Attached: 1526448644002.png (700x818, 1.31M)

What's your point?

'Real' meat is still made from plants, simply inside a cow. Why not do it ourselves, and cut out the middle man?

I never said that and I eat both. It's necessary but don't pretend to have a morale highground for chosing to slaughter another form of life over another.

You are unbelievably fucking stupid, lmfao. You think plants feel pain. You should kill yourself for being that fucking stupid.

Actually no, plants are just what animals eat but in no way plants actually produce meat.
Why cut the middle man at all? It's not like shifting the weight from the middle man to the start man is an improvement.

Meat is produced from plants, using a cow.

Cut out the middle man, and produce meat from plants ourselves, using our own machines and technology. That is the idea behind clean meat.

Not an argument.

There is no point arguing with retards, they bring you down to their level and win with experience.

Plants do not feel pain, you ignorant fuck. Go and look up what a brain is.

Makes sense.
Again, why? Why is this supposed to be superior in any way?

What are you some sort of faggot? Fuck the animals right guise. Bonus points for ritualistic slaughter by a kosher rabbi

Israel #1

Still not an argument.

It's superior for a number of reasons. If we use our own technology to produce meat, we can iterate and improve it over time. We don't have to just stop at the delicousness of meat, we can make it taste even better. We can also bring the cost down, and make it more nutritious. Also, clean meat doesn't involve any of the ethical problems real meat production does, like torturing billions of animals to death.

Based!

#fucktheanimals #yolo #maga

People don't understand everything about nutrition so I am skeptical about eating lab created meat. Also, meat will taste differently depending on what the animal eats. I have my doubt it would ever taste as good as grass fed meat and would lack the subtleties.

People saying that farming is animal torture are retarded too. It is only torture if you set it up that way.

Eating real meat might be a thing of the past in 100 years from now.

Sure, might be. But what's your point? It's morally or ethically not better, just more convenient maybe?

im gonna play tinfoils advocate here, what if this shits a trap like that weird micro chip or microbot shit. The guy who owns the JUST company is a jew after all.

Attached: 1524731604636.png (250x250, 62K)

Eh, none of this is a good reason, a system that does not improve over usage is retarded so it's expected of any system to do it, can be done in other ways, you can also eat different things. Pure bullshit, I have 0 problems with the meat production.

If its actually cheaper and has same nutritional value then we should go for it. Last time i heard of a lab grown burger being eaten though i heard it cost like 100grand to produce that one burger... dunno how close we are today to having a competitive price.

If it works, great. Got no problem with it.

>unnatural lab grown garbage
Only for a the poor goyim.

Last time i saw a lab grown meat thread i went on a slightly related topic. Think about it guys... growing meat. Basically growing flesh. If you want prime rib, shellfish, lobster... or *yuck* liver... so if you can grow muscles you can probably grow organs. Just imagine this shit... imagine an actual organic based AUTOBLOW FLESHLIGHT! Designed to suck dick and take cum. Basically a fleshlight with organs, spleen, heart, kidneys an organism about like an oyster. Its shell a plastic tube. It is a mouth in a tube that sucks hard. Or even a live vagina in a tube. Holy shit dudes roasties will be extinct!!

Attached: 1526273127322.jpg (736x467, 105K)

>animals have non existant or extremely limited mental capacity
Well unless you think the same of humans this is objectively false

Yea living dicking sucking fleshlights just the thing for fucked up vegeta face because he cant get laid. Lab grown flesh can be shaped to be anything we want to fuck. Will start with sex organs or mouths grown alive and trained to suck or be fucked and kept in jars.

Looking at your country, I do.

Muhammad's got the bant's

If we can grow muscles we can grow skin bones and organs and put them together into a creature. Create the body of a hot bitch with little to no brains and keep as a house pet to fuk whenever you want. Train it to suck dik. This lab grown meat is going to be awesome.

I want lots of lab grown lobster.

José doesn't.

>400lb Wizard proudly casts his only spell, sad

José doesn't drive his taco truck into Christmas markets.

This. Hitler would have said the same thing if the technology was there

B..b...but what about the posts about growing living fleshlights??

We already grow them they are called women

Cant see much point for it.
Veggies wont eat it, carnivores will try it maybe twice then go back to animal meats.

These women divorce rape all the time. Need a brainless vagina or mouth in a jar. Plastic fleshlights suck. I need a real moving tongue with saliva and mucous and organs.

>Need a brainless vagina

that's called a woman

You're talking to shills and trolls m8
Some of them believe its their right to be able to torture animals
I love meat, love pork, yet have a problem with the way the meat is delivered ultimately
So yes I am looking forward to artificial meat

One that cant divorce rape or charge me with rape though. And that is a lab grown woman. Lab grown breasts and mouth and vagina. Its just flesh and has no rights. But its living flesh meaning it feels much better than silicon. Had warmth and pheremones. Would have to feed though and probably assist with wiping the behind. Just keep it over toilet. Can fuck the anus too without being charged with sodomy because its just meat flesh.

Cows, chickens, and pigs would be extinct or borderline extinct. It is easy to find ethically raised meat these days. They have nice lives with just one bad day.

Why would 'carnivores' go back to animal meats when plant based meats will taste better and be cheaper?

Its becuase its funner to actually kill to live man

((()))

Wahts dat?