Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Attached: soe_gschwind_2_21_18.jpg (1000x600, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOi2AgNfQCg&ved=0ahUKEwiK6pzkl4zbAhVqIcAKHTztDpYQtwIIKDAA&usg=AOvVaw1b2vDGr0e8VIqT2NNXpSce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We do question science. Just...there's good answers to those questions.
Science is about questioning everything.

Because they're stupid, unobservant pieces of shit.

Because the dykes at their uni's sociology department are all-knowing about all matters. You're a racist sexist xenophobe rapist incel if you dare question them.

They don't question, they repeat premade skepticism that they were taught. It's fucking tedious that modern Rationalist Man has convinced himself that he alone is the humble one while everyone else trucks around on faith, which he doesn't need (and doesn't understand).

Attached: 1505196879593.jpg (1662x1200, 901K)

That jacket is very nice

science is their religion. they won't question science anymore than you'll question the teachings of Jesus Christ if you're like me or question whatever it is you believe. Probably science.

Science is literally the method of questioning our surroundings. Are you retarded?

science is religion

Lol. The purpose of science is question science. It’s literally what the scientific method is.

They do question science.

We question so-called evolutionary science.

Because science is "working" all around them, what an awful question. Be more specific

Observe the rationalist redditors as they become confused and then hostile when someone questions their commitment to questioning.
>The purpose of science is question science
The absolute state of nupol.

The denial of genes impacting group intelligence is pretty much the epitome of doubting science. Then you got flat earthers and pro choice and pro-trans politics and climate deniers (not the policy skeptics- outright deniers). All of these positions are a rejection of science.

Tfw smarter than Albert Einstein

>short hair

Attached: 1525299630765.jpg (380x380, 168K)

They fucking LOVE science

>Are you retarded?
That was a rhetorical question, retard.

>atheist faggot talks about "muh scientific method"
>has no idea how his own computer works but has faith that it will

religion works too there ahmed. atheist societies crumble and the birth rate drops to zero. its called predictive validity.

Why do Catholic school boys not question when their priest gets handsy with them?

(((Science))) is taught like a religion in schools. You learn just enough to know the terms and the rules, but the actual science is much to hard for you to understand goy. Just believe us when we tell you that the science is settled and open your fucking wallet.

Attached: 1510074969332.png (907x587, 415K)

Religion opposes teenage disappation. Then they grow up and tend to change their mind

Here we see the meme flagger becoming increasingly agitated as he needs to establish intellectual dominance.
>Science is a way of life, the key to reality, and all you have to do is beli-- I mean question everything.
he stammers, hoping the sheer weight of technology's success will intimidate the other posters.
>Seriously you religifags, science is the one true path to truth that anyone can follow, but you're too retarded to understand something so simple as skepticism.
He goes all out, equating skepticism with a desire for truth and emphasizing his burning hatred of Christianity. What can ordinary mortals do against such power? Did you know SCIENCE made the iphone?

Because science is a modern day occult.
This.

lol dude i believe in science because it works, theres nothing wrong with abortions her body her choice, islam is a religion of peace.

It's not just millennials, fucking boomers do it too. They have no faith, will stand for nothing and fall for practically everything. It's not hard to see why the world and our western civilizations are in the shape they are.

>they repeat premade skepticism that they were taught.
This.

Because they've been taught from childhood to do just this, doesn't the protocols bring up the importance of substituting religion with science and then substitute real science (maths, biology, physics) with bogus science (gender studies, social studies)?

It's hardly a coincidence that milenials are atheists, worship bogus science and are materialistic as fuck

They are too dumb to be questioning science.
/thread

It would not even be a problem if science was not being subverted as a political weapon, have some scientists say some bullshit and suddently it's unquestionable truth, sure you're supposed to test it and see if it's true but people are taught that repeating something that has already been proven is stupid and even if they do decide to do it most don't have a way to do so and no one would listen anyway, just thinking about it makes me want to die.

Why do millennials... SAGE

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOi2AgNfQCg&ved=0ahUKEwiK6pzkl4zbAhVqIcAKHTztDpYQtwIIKDAA&usg=AOvVaw1b2vDGr0e8VIqT2NNXpSce

They only question one religion, the others get a pass because they know even less about them and it feels racist cause they're the religion of shit skins. Its OK to be a self loather.

>when a slide thread style gets so old, its poster girl ages into unfuckability
I wish I could quit you.

Attached: IMG_2100.jpg (618x412, 31K)

Csn somebody show me how to post the proper way to post a video address link?

Attached: download.png (230x219, 7K)

they question science that conflicts with their retarded leftist beliefs, and by question I mean outright deny and use mental gymnastics to otherwise explain.

How does this question pertain to only millennials? You could ask that about pretty much every generation today.

>Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 7:15-20 KJV

Attached: e0b8jkqbdybz.jpg (1263x325, 58K)

Materialism is the only philosophy taught in schools along with obedience to the state. Scientism is the result of that, blind belief of the opinions of a state-appointed, state-certified expert.

That's philosophy

Science is not debatable, talmudic lies are

>talmudic lies
I dont see them being against jews

>Science is about questioning everything.
is that so?

Actual science is, but not government sponsored science. Tax money is a cancer for science.

Government science is not real science.

aussies are fucking homos, go fuck a kangaroo

>science cannot be debated

you probably think science "proves" things

Attached: received_1651866931557769.png (1440x2560, 1.67M)

Science isnt the problem. "The Cult of science" and it's denominations - pop science and science in like 3 minutes on youtube are.

First off, science is MORE than it's conclusions. It's all the data as well. The cult of science just says "Dis was proven" with 0 regard for the study, its methodology etc.

Its how the soft sciences have managed to con so fucking many.

Secondly: pop science and those shitty 3 minute YouTube videos. You know the ones the - HEY! LET ME EXPLAIN THIS EXTREMELY COMPLICATED AND NUANCED TOPIC IN 3 MINUTES WITH MY HIPSTER GLASSES, POINDEXTER PANTS, AND KEKY ATTITUDE AND HIGHER THAN A WOMAN'S ESTROGEN LEVEL!!

Those videos can die in a fucking fire. Many of life's complexities arent meant to be TL;DRed so heavy handedly. They're fine for getting a gist, but they need to be advertised as such. So when some jackass basedboy wants to debate "ot's settled science" sit their ass down and make them find that settled science. Lord knows how many debates I've been in where people have told me "science settled it" only for science to have not settled it at all.

Attached: Thats pretty damn funny.jpg (900x707, 129K)

Science questions itself.

Because I fucking love science! ™

REIKO.
YOU KILLED A MAN.

Science is just formalized questioning, of everything

I am a millenial and i beliefe in god, but do question both, religion and science. Stop generalizing.

Attached: 1390815440750.jpg (400x458, 46K)

This man gets it.

In a way, science isn't a noun, it's a verb.

People DO science. Just because a scientist says something or gives his opinion, it doesn't mean that was a scientific conclusion.

The scientific work is science, not the people or "cult" behind it.

Attached: 1526274180889.jpg (480x540, 45K)

>all that science proves is that God is real.

Science is composed of empirical evidence found through repeated experimentation that is both capable of being recreated and confirmed or recreated and disproven. Religion is a set of immutable beliefs that are by definition not allowed to be questioned.
>why does religiosity go down as levels of basic education go up?
Gee, I don't know, probably because religion is stupid.

>Why do millennials question religion but not science?
Because it's easier to bash the one thing that built civilazations and culture. Plus, science has become a religion of itself, and nobody questions it because it's accepted as a full-figure authority that's never wrong.

Millennial are lazy and don't want to do the work themselves, so being the gullible pieces of shit they are, fail to reconcile the fact they put faith in natural philosophy without understanding whatsoever.

Well religion says whites are equal to niggers but science says the opposite.
Christfags live in a Jew alternate reality

>this is a 29 years old woman

(Proof)

We know you christfags have the same mental abilities as niggers. Maybe that's why you larp as being their equals. Plenty of white people have evolved past nigger brains

this

There's theoretic and proven science, they question neither.

Because they are smart enough not to believe in religious nonsense but not enough to understand how scientific inquiry works.

A student is statistically more likely to be molested or sexual abused in a public school than a private Catholic school or church service? Now why would the media focus on the Church instead, (((hmmm)))?

>science has become a religion of itself, and nobody questions it because it's accepted as a full-figure authority that's never wrong
65% of Americans believe in Ghosts and demons, that's not a society that worships science like the christfags like to claim.
I keep seeing people claim that there's somehow a worldwide cult of people worshipping science, yet never care to elaborate any further. It's pretty much just a buzzword parroted whenever it's necessary to ignore an argument, AKA the faggot way out.

All the journalists were molested by their priests as kids, so they hold a grudge.

Most of people's hate towards religion is founded at grudges or religious figures' public hypocrisy

Top boomer post.

>Why do millennials question religion but not science?
Because science questions itself constantly. Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

this ugly bitch would get beat down and robbed for her jacket by bikers.

we don't take lightly to stupid whores 'culturally appropriating' our shit.

The Catholic church is far more efficient at covering their scandals than public schools though, they have a millennia old tradition of sexual abuses.

Too many layman take a specific scientific work and apply it too broadly, then they pontificate about that over generalization as truth to everyone they can yell at.

That's the cult. Take man made global warming.

The only scientific papers that "prove" it only proves that most scientists agree that it's man made. I'm not aware of any scientific paper that proves the causality that man made emissions cause global warming.

AT THIS POINT BROTHER RELIGION IS MORE BELIEVABLE THAN THAT JEWISH PSEUDO SCIENCE MADE TO KEEP THE WHITE MAN DOWN. HH

I was born July 14, 1984. I don't know if that makes me a 2000fag. I believe in a higher power, intelligent design, and a creator. Without question because there is a reason/purpose for all. I without a doubt would hold these views with or without a religious factor/influence.

However, when I think of science and how its conclusions are made. All I see is a huge circle jerk. We made up names for this/that, we conjured theories of this/that, we presented these theories of this/that to our "qualified" peers, our theories of this/that were accepted by the "qualified" community, this/that is now truth/fact. It's a huge ego stroking circle jerk of dickless know nothings imposing their will on society.

In contrast, my heart stopped 3 times after a car wreck. I know "God" is real. Science is a nigger tier gay orgy

Science can at least actually be questioned. The entire idea of science is based off of first asking questions. Religion however, cannot be questioned. Literally what is in the bible or the quaran or whatever is unquestionable to those who follow their respective religion. Adam and Eve were the first two people on earth, elohim fucks bitches on a star far away, allah molded us out of clay, speaking in tongues is an angelic language, and etcetera are all unquestionable to their respective faiths... no matter how retarded it all is.

>65% of Americans believe in Ghosts and demons, that's not a society that worships science like the christfags like to claim.
First, you make the incorrect assumption that by millenials, we're talking about US millenials.
>I keep seeing people claim that there's somehow a worldwide cult of people worshipping science, yet never care to elaborate any further. It's pretty much just a buzzword parroted whenever it's necessary to ignore an argument, AKA the faggot way out.
I have a feeling I've touched an open wound, maybe this ressonates with you? Anyhow, I suggest you look into the "sciency" fanbase of pop-culture-science figures like The Negro Science Man, Bill Nye and that Niponic Physicist faggot. The best example of an UNDOUBTABLE cult-following is the sheep of the Global Warming. Those figures add very little to the topic, despite being quite opinionated in such, and gather millions that know as little as them under the guise of science. They then procede to cruficy and maul anyone who opposes or poses any type of questioning towards their belief.

Literally no religion agrees with another. They all disagree, so that means only one of the thousands of religions are right, and even then, mormons and jehovas witnesses are christians, but can't even agree on shit. Fuck, even the same denominations cant agree on shit and when people don't agree on faith, they can't have an educated debate (because religion has no evidence backing it) and they just kill each other. I'm going to put my "belief" into there actually being no god/gods/spirits. We all rot in the ground and there's no greater meaning to life.

Blame scientific illiteracy and journalists with no background in scientific reporting, not science itself.
Even incredibly liberal publications will write articles that claim man-made climate change isn't real, and the next week write an article about it being real. That's not the fault of researchers, that's a problem with people who profit off hysteria and punchy headlines.
That's not the scientific method, and the vast majority of the papers on the subject are still purely stating findings and data rather than pushing conclusions. The ones that do directly claim that man-made global warming is real are published in predatory journals with no review process, and are usually retracted once they're spotted.

The scientific consensus on global warming and climate change is that humans have a direct impact on it as the data shows a correlation between our emissions into the atmosphere and the composition changes in said atmosphere. The same reason we banned CFCs, data showed enough correlation between CFCs and degradation of the stratosphere. After banning CFCs, the damage slowly reduced, and the stratosphere is in the process or repairing itself.
It's an example of science being right due to chemistry, physics and global observations all reaching the same conclusion.

The banning of CFCs is very similar to the push to move away from hydrocarbons, but to the politician, doom and gloom can be used to scare people into accepting unjustified taxes and by the journalist who wants to turn a quick buck. This isn't the fault of science or researchers, this is down to people searching for personal gain with no connection to a single paper on the subject.

Your post reminds me of when my dad said everyone needs a safe space when reality knocks on the door. Nothing is fair. Nothing is free. We're all gona die some day.

Well science is very like like religion just follows paradigms instead of god. Paradigms in science changes often

>I have a feeling I've touched an open wound
>"HAHA U MAD? HAHA I'M SUCH AN EPIC TROLL MAN AND NOT MAD IN ANY WAY"
Can you be any more new?
> Anyhow, I suggest you look into the "sciency" fanbase of pop-culture-science figures like The Negro Science Man, Bill Nye and that Niponic Physicist faggot
>entertainment =/= actual scientific research
The fact that you can't tell the difference between an entertainment and actual research pretty much shows that you're just parroting some talking point, probably from some hillbilly youtuber.
>The best example of an UNDOUBTABLE cult-following is the sheep of the Global Warming
Let me guess, you're one of these people who feels the air outside on a winter morning, realizes it's cold and posts angrily on Jow Forums about how every scientific paper on the subject is wrong and how your hand is comparable to the most sensitive of instrumentation.
Also, not agreeing with something doesn't make you special, no matter how hard you want to feel special.
>Those figures add very little to the topic, despite being quite opinionated in such, and gather millions that know as little as them under the guise of science
So basically you're angry at TV celebrities and concluded that they somehow represent all of science. I'm guessing you've lost some brain matter at some point in your life, but don't feel bad; lots of people with brain damage end up living long and successful lives.
>They then procede to cruficy and maul anyone who opposes or poses any type of questioning towards their belief
Wow, it's almost like it's fucking easy to first annihilate and then mock people who jump into a debate when they clearly haven't done any research into it.

this

I swear if nobody else plans on putting a baby inside her I will have to do it.

Attached: 2018_hiding_religious_views.png (610x958, 1.02M)

Everytime I see a photo of Soe she took 2 more years.
Fuck She looks 40.

The flag and that response make it clear your shitposting. If your burger I guess it wouldn’t make a difference though.

>Science is about questioning everything.
Except when it comes to wrong thought. Sexual metamorphism does not exist in humans but does in every else, genes don't determine shit in humans but do in everything else. The pseudo science that the left believes in is no more egregious than a religion, they are pretty much a cult at this point. This is piss poor b8 isnt it ?

whoopsy

Attached: best of shills - millennial shill1.jpg (4100x10000, 3.45M)

sexual dimorphism*

Science is a reliable tool for understanding the world. Religions are claims about the world. And yes we millennials and Gen Z's question scientific claims. If you're against science, then get off your fucking computer.

Science is a tool of philosophy, just like deductive reasoning.

Attached: 1522540358827.png (785x757, 512K)

BECAUSE SCIENCE DOESNT TELL ME IF I FUCK A TRAP I"LL SPEND AN ETERNITY IN HELL
SCIENCE JUST SAYS ITS GAY AND THATS ALL

>questioning science
>hey goy heres some numbers we made that cant be replicated or seen how we got
>if you dont believe me you are a religious lunatic

Can we roll back the internet some 20 years ago, so all you religious fags go back to huddling in your church sermons? The quality of the internet took a nosedive ever since you managed to figure out how to power on a PC and connect online.

>">"HAHA U MAD? HAHA I'M SUCH AN EPIC TROLL MAN AND NOT MAD IN ANY WAY""
This is an overreaction. I've touched an open wound.
>The fact that you can't tell the difference between an entertainment and actual research pretty much shows that you're just parroting some talking point, probably from some hillbilly youtuber.
Damn right I am, I love my based youtubers. Also, why are those figures speaking in summits?
>Let me guess, you're one of these people who feels the air outside on a winter morning, realizes it's cold and posts angrily on Jow Forums about how every scientific paper on the subject is wrong and how your hand is comparable to the most sensitive of instrumentation.
Nope. Try another fallacy.
>Also, not agreeing with something doesn't make you special, no matter how hard you want to feel special.
Did I say so?
>So basically you're angry at TV celebrities and concluded that they somehow represent all of science. I'm guessing you've lost some brain matter at some point in your life, but don't feel bad; lots of people with brain damage end up living long and successful lives.
Thank God, I thought I was going to die today after your post.
>Wow, it's almost like it's fucking easy to first annihilate and then mock people who jump into a debate when they clearly haven't done any research into it.
Doesn't even rebuttal my point. Some points made by opposing parties are actually valid, it's just a question that nobody on the other side is a) rational enough to debate it;b) wants to listen.

Also, the fact that you had to jump in and insult while using fallacious discourse just goes to show what I said about questioning beliefs. People like to speak and be heard, but not hear.

Boomers are retarded

> Because they're stupid, unobservant pieces of shit.
Wow, such argumentation, go and die already grandpa.

Because science is their religion

You can prove science but not god.