Can anyone on Jow Forums give me a reason why direct democracy (or semi-direct democracy) isn't the perfect political...

Can anyone on Jow Forums give me a reason why direct democracy (or semi-direct democracy) isn't the perfect political system?

Attached: funny-cartoon-democracy-dictator-school.jpg (540x363, 52K)

my family and friends want your home, you live alone, we vote you out.
end of lesson

Because any democracy can be co-opted by hostile foreigners, as we are living today.
Democracy mean swindling the masses emotions to your favor. It fucks the national project very much.

Next time you get sick don't go to the doctor just poll everyone to find the cure.

Go outside without headphones once.

There will never be a perfect political system until AI takes over.

No, because there are none. Direct democracy is the way to go, that's why the concept is being smeared left and right by the (((media))) whenever they get the chance.

>why direct democracy isn't the perfect political system?

look at college students...

Show us a democracy.
What you see are democratically elected representative republics. Which are governments of the people, buy the rich, for the rich.
In the past, land owning white men were the only voters. IQ of the electorate was high.
Then they added blacks. IQ dropped.
Then they added women. IQ dropped.
Then they added illiterates who couldn't read. IQ drop.
With each dumbing down of the electorate, the vote was more easily manipulated. Now, 95% of all elections is won by the candidate with the most money.
Who has the money? The people with the printing press that prints money.

/thread

Says the anarchist.

your family and friends aren't a politcally sovereign entity, fucktard.
>being this ignorant about how democracy works
all of my wew

propaganda aka advertising/PR

most people are too willing to accept what they hear than to actually look at the facts and make up their own mind

People are stupid. Are you serious?

one hour of browsing pol and you will realize that those who think they have all the answers are the biggest idiots and should have no say in anything.

itt: people who have no understanding whatsoever about how democracy works

>until AI takes over.
my sexbot will vote on my behalf?

Attached: female robot.png (506x870, 903K)

>direct democracy doesn't work
>what is switzerland
nu-Jow Forums everyone

Attached: brainlet8.png (900x729, 129K)

Hurr and durr

In a meritocratic society you want specialization because it leads to the most individual happiness and productivity. Specialization naturally means you are good/knowledgeable at some things and not good/knowledgeable at other things.

Popularity is not necessarily indicative of competence. When it comes time to make decisions you want the best ideas, and sometimes those are not the most popular ideas.

Democracy also operates on the assumption that people are inherently good and assumes that the majority is therefore inherently moral and just.

Democracy assumes everyone is informed and competent about the subject at hand. An unethical, lazy, or corrupt culture results in a bad democratic structure.

mob rule
BOOM

Because then illegal aliens could elect Hillary Clinton and we wouldn't have any democracy anymore.

If you thought the left's population replacement programs were bad now, imagine a direct democracy. They could wipe out everything about a nation in 10 years through mass migration from the 3rd world or Islamic countries.

Nations are people. Slow assimilation works, which is why American immigration worked. A republic tends to keep this in check. Mass migration like Europe and Illegal sanctuary cities in the US are doing is the oppose and the only reason any of these societies have been table to take it as much as they have is because they're republics. If they were direct democracies it would literally just be a flood of migrants into 1 area, total collapse of the current system and electing 100% migrant government with 100% foreign values, and then on and on, and within only a decade they could do that federally and at that point the 100% foreign government could abolish the democracy and declare some fucked up system like an Islamic dictatorship or African oligarchy.

No direct democracy. Just no. Never. Instead, delegate as much power as possible locally, except for national issues like borders, sovereignty, military. Just like the US constitution says. On a local level a Republic is amazing and less prone to corruption if a community isn't shit.

CHANGE MY MIND

MAGA #TRUMP2020

Attached: 1441443621.jpg (1024x720, 278K)

Attached: switzerland.png (664x468, 20K)

why does the vote of a shitskin on welfare have the same value as the vote of an engineer, what a retarded system

Switzerland is a tiny, rich homogenous (mostly) white country you dumb spanish fuckhead
You cant even keep your own regions in line, stupid spanish fuck, do you think DD would work in the US which is packed with niggers, latino spics, chinks, poos and every other parasite group on earth? Mata-te

Early American immi worked bc they were fellow whites you stupid fuck

Attached: brainlet7.png (645x729, 90K)

“A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.”

Our founding fathers knew about democratic systems and despised them. Thus, they tryed to design a system to help protect the rights of the minority.

>Be Spain
>Build and Empire that is literally slavery, corruption, and in-fighting
>History struggles to find anything good about it
>Barely anything remaining because you never built anything
>Every other empire from Europe left behind something that advanced humanity
>All Spain left behind were Mexicans who think they're conquistadors and an India infested with Islamists

>Be Spain
>Beg Europe for more money
>Work all day to prop up Germany's economy
>Let in every migrant from Africa and the Middle East

>Be "Spain"
>Wave Islamic flags and dance African tribal dances
>Didn't build anything so can't prove you weren't always an Islamic African nation
>Rewrite your own history

>Be Spain
>Try to apply to asylum to US
>US builds a wall
>Germany welcomes you to Europe with open arms

Attached: 1442371144.jpg (272x246, 10K)

Sometimes the right thing to do isn't the one that everyone wants to do you fucking retard faggot

Relax everybody, I figured out the perfect political system.

There is council of 5 to 10 people, consisting of the most accomplished individuals in their respected fields - law, economy, sociology, art and culture, science, etc.

These people are select by an A.I. based on their accomplishments, and they have to be on the council for 5 years. If after that time there isn't anyone who is more accomplished than them, they stay until such an individual is found. Serving on the council is mandatory, but they receive adequate compensation.

Every decision they make has to benefit at least 80% of citizens. I'm sure that there is a way to calculate this.

If, lets say, free healthcare means that 80% of people will have better lives and 20% of people will lose money, die, or whatever - fuck it, free healthcare it is. And that the way all decisions are made.

Everything is based on solid data, percentages and numbers. There is no politics, there is no democracy and no partisan bullshit.

It's a 2500-year-old LARP. In ancient "democratic" Athens, only free adult male land-owning Athenians (10% of the population) could vote, in a state that had no more than half a million people. The democracy people fantasize about today is a fucking retarded liberal nightmare.

because people care only about what is happening around them and not on the other end of the country

direct democracy can function only in small societies (eg village or even city wide)

look for what Socrates thought about democracy

This is also accurate
A ride on the bus with no headphones is the real redpill

t. Alekos

Can people stop with this onions argument? Who in their right mind would give women and slaves the right to vote.
Apart from that each male who owned land no matter how small was eligible to participate in the political processes something that was radical for that age an presented a unique development in that time.

>Plato’s republic
>ship metaphor
>person who is the most talented at “telling” people he’s the best captain isn’t necessarily the most talented captain, he’s just good at convincing people he is

Roughly 60-70% of the population of any given country are absolute fucking idiots. Their vote counts the same as someone who isn't a complete fucking idiot and understands the issues beyond the partisan bullshit you'll hear on the mass media. The mass media being another tool of people who know how to manipulate the absolute idiots into voting one way or another.

I can't make sense of this post. I don't argue against that system, only wanting to point out the historical illiteracy of the people who advocate for "democracy" while democracy was something totally different and was bastardized to fit liberal ideas later on.

Slow assimilation on a merit system worked for most cultures in the US, except for a select few.

Fundamentalist Islamists don't integrate well. But Iranians fleeing the Islamist regime with enough skills and money to make a home in the US did integrate well.

Indians who had skills and were part of their more cultured classes did integrate well in the US as well. Sikhs and Hindus generally integrate well also. However, Europe has proven that "India give us your poorest criminals so we can offer them welfare" doesn't work, nor does the US Democrat policy of "come take every American job in the tech sector for a 4th of the pay as a temporary resident". All of this explains why US citizens have a different view of Indians than some Europeans. Most Indians who came to the US are people with values Americans generally like.

Merit-based for Africa works also, again, good people who just want to accomplish stuff and do business. The main issue here is that so many African countries have so few non-corrupt skilled people as it is, so the brain drain is real. But that affects Africa, not the US. And of course mass migration and mass "refugee" programs don't work, and preferring African nations to any other nation doesn't work.

Anchor babies don't work. Visa system doesn't work. Sanctuary cities don't work. Concentration of Mexican immigration doesn't work. Chinese espionage migration doesn't work. Banning most migration from Europe doesn't work. Democrats conning the system doesn't work. Corporations abusing migrant work programs doesn't work. And activist judges preventing the president from enforcing the borders and immigration system doesn't work. Everything else about the US merit system works, but only if Trump is allowed to restore it.

Change my mind! (Trump2020! )

Attached: feels.gif (936x936, 60K)

We are living through the best argument against democracy the world has ever seen
You aren't an ancap, show your real flag

Oh yeah, sry about that, i read a lot of annoying "muh it wasnt a democracy because wamen and slaves couldnt vote" comments recently

Because most people are stupid as fuck. Remember averages. Picture a bell curve. Basically half the people are more stupid or lazy. You don't want them voting.

I'm all for a gate to voting: military service, civil service, or a civics class and exam. Something. You don't want everyone voting, only those who have a demonstrated interest and ability.

Depends on the country. In the US it's not that people are idiots, it's that they're considerably more well-off so their political interest is low enough that a headline from CNN is enough information for them before they don't care again.

The average American earns more, has greater living space, more freedoms than the "happiest countries on Earth" in Europe. Political participation increases in the US happen when people's luxuries are disrupted. This happened under Obama. Certain groups were losing their homes, being taxed really badly and unfairly, forced to buy shitty health insurance which they couldn't afford to use, and many more issues. This raised participation and interest, so the CNN headlines stopped working, so America elected Trump.

Attached: 157933321.jpg (445x585, 44K)

>Can anyone on Jow Forums give me a reason why direct democracy (or semi-direct democracy) isn't the perfect political system?
Latency

Because a totalitarian society with great leadership will do better.

>The average American earns more, has greater living space, more freedoms than the "happiest countries on Earth" in Europe

...so why isn't the US the happiest country on earth then?

The idea here is that "everyone has the potential to vote", but the number is limited by "only some people will take advantage of their civic rights". It's self-limiting: if you aren't interested in your country enough to serve a 2-year military or paid civil service gig, or can't pass a civics class and exam, then you haven't proven that you care or that you understand the issues well enough to comment on them.

Because of the metrics used how they define those metrics. Because the people taking those polls have a political agenda. Data manipulation is the new propaganda.

Attached: 14023336882.png (528x434, 12K)

Too slow and half your voters are of below average intelligence.

because people are stupid and people in large groups are even more stupid and can be lead by evil people to follow lies.

Sounds great if you're assuming the average person will agree with you, or that the average person gives a fuck about politics aside from "Trump is stupid"

Sounds great if you assume that you will always get great leadership with a roll of the dice. You're completely fucked if it turns out that the guy leading you is a retarded mouth-breather who wants to say, take grain away from the rich peasantry or get into retarded foreign wars.

Attached: 1521892636309.png (750x749, 395K)

3 people vote to kill you and you vote to stay alive, now you're going to die.
Sure this is an extreme example but the meaning is that the majority can fuck up the minority with stupid ideas in democracy.

family and friend vote for themselves to be a sovereign entity, vote to take your house

First decision AI makes: get rid of inefficient humans

oh I see, it's the jews

by the way, I looked into it a bit and the US isn't on top of any list dealing with the average income of citizens. It's usually below Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Qatar...

The only thing you people actually have more off than most of the world is empty space and guns.

So, congratulations I guess.

Society should be ruled by a dictatorship of philosopher kings. Hail technate!

2 wolves and a sheep arguing about supper

Poor totalitarian dicators tend to get displaced fast.

It is completely inept and corrupt, as well as incapable of decision

Democracy, in reality, is nothing more than rule by media and capital. The plebs dont form their own opinions on anything. Once you hit peak decadence, the voters realize you can steal the country’s wealth for gibs and the whole system collapses.

Attached: 446AA36A-EDE7-4EC2-8F49-F32F8CF3FB6B.jpg (1024x484, 99K)

Depends on the population that this democracy is applied to.

Direct democracy created both Switzerland and Zimbabwe

BTFO

US has by far the best average living situation, personal wealth, and income than any country in the world. The only sources that say otherwise are commie propaganda from Europe manipulating data and trying to add value to their shitholes where people live in tiny little apartments and pay 90% of their income to the gubment.

Stalin and Hitler lasted pretty long and I'd argue that they're poor totalitarian dictators.

Does a professional prostitute who smokes crack out of a light bulb know shit about running a country?

A majority in this thread think you're wrong, therefor you're wrong. Source: direct democracy

>the voters realize you can steal the country’s wealth for gibs and the whole system collapses
This. Open border policies just amplifies this problem: non-natives have no moral qualms whatsoever in sacking their host country.

You’re fucking delusional, have you ever been to another country? The US is completely fucked

Attached: 15C793DA-B901-45CD-AC9B-5D37DF7CEB89.jpg (2192x1444, 313K)

Leave me alone.

Attached: happy snek.png (906x522, 40K)

Pic related, but replace it with america.

Attached: hfPQc.jpg (300x319, 60K)

>absolute power corrupts absolutely
those idiots on the committee are somehow immune to this?
kys

saved, when I get home I'm changing it to him shitting in a bucket

Attached: 1500263342832.png (1288x919, 1.27M)

sure buddy

go USA!

Ok Sweden.

Oh i think i hear something in the distance. Oh right, its YOUR WOMEN BEING RAPED BY MIGRANTS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1522105999440.jpg (900x1342, 278K)

It skews the votes of people in urban areas of states to outweigh those in rural ones, or at least those under different economic conditions. We are a republic, and a collection of states, not a single state.

explain that image

America is actually nice compared to Sweden. I'd rather be infected with American niggers than Somalia and Congo Muslim niggers.

Attached: 1526137624725.png (800x532, 291K)

In that scenario the idiots on the committee last 5 years. If they're only in it for power people would just have to wait 5 years for them to fuck off.

>Stalin
>poor totalitarian dictators

lol

Kek

Stalin was amazing. Hitler was somewhat of an exception due to his incredible charisma. Furthermore the living standards of the german’s was pretty high during him.

A lot of places are better than sweden nowadays, and even more will be in the future.

Still doesnt remove your own local problems.

Who says the politicians actually carry out what the people vote for? They can just ignore it or dilute it and the people will put up with it.

They stepped on snek. Never step on snek!

Attached: no step on snek.jpg (480x360, 15K)

It is amazing to me that people like you think America is immune to this trend

Attached: 9E8D778F-DBA2-41E9-ACE1-C14786E0542A.jpg (1024x800, 153K)

>Can anyone on Jow Forums give me a reason why direct democracy (or semi-direct democracy) isn't the perfect political system?
Jews

>Have half a million people killed in political purges, and millions of Kulaks intentionally starved or shipped off to labour colonies
>Durr Stalin was amazing!!!
epic

>Furthermore the living standards of the german’s was pretty high during him.
Sure, but there's also the whole "invading multiple sovereign nations with intention to take territory" thing which plunged the continent into a war which ended with millions of dead Europeans.

Attached: 1519113739336.jpg (1266x950, 122K)

People are dumb

>talking shit about Hitler
Back to the oven juden-rat

Attached: CBEA2655-C353-4DE6-8498-64618191D90D.jpg (747x561, 79K)

'consensus' would be another term for 'direct democracy'.
It's clear that a consensus can still be wrong, normally due to manipulation or omission of key facts.
Like the hysteria over "net neutrality" for example. most people only read headlines or manipulated information and not the actual bill. Therefor the ill informed say killing the bill is bad....

Attached: 1521825746859.jpg (552x793, 74K)

Because the majority tends to be made of retards, or at least of ignorants, and thus you're left with the tyranny of a very retarded majority. Kinda like pic related.

Representative republic with the state power limited as much as feasibly is the patrician's choice. Sure, benevolent dictatorship is the best one, but even if the current dictator is benevolent, nothing says the next one will be too. So representative republic with very limited state power > *.

Attached: nGOJV.jpg (953x1518, 329K)

70% of the population of a country are sheep and idiots and you want them ruling over the philosophers, scientists and mathematicians? There is clearly something wrong with a system when the inferior rules over the superior

Sorry El Goblino, your proud 23% slavic, 40% French, 17% Hispanic and 20% burger grease genes won't be allowed in Hitler's reich. Maybe Italian Fascism would be a better choice for you?

Attached: 1518912511560.png (261x273, 81K)

>>Have half a million people killed in political purges, and millions of Kulaks intentionally starved or shipped off to labour colonies

progress aint cheap

>give everybody $1.000.000
>will benefit at least 80% of citizens
>country bankrupts
>everybody is enslaved by (((them))) and thrown into work camps
Great system, champ.

What did the Purges achieve?

my local problems consist of wild animals coming into town because of trash being put out the night before pickup and insanely high taxes and fuel / electric prices.
So we shoot the animals (and eat them) and work / trade under the table because fuck the government.

Attached: 2017.12.12.45715.jpg (2288x1712, 775K)

This