Serious question...

Serious question, if millenials are so poor from $100k student loans and "boomers" where the FUCK are they getting money to spend on boutique restaurants, luxury apartments and all these home delivery services??

Attached: alcohol-deliverychicago.jpg (630x329, 53K)

They've never given a second thought about delayed gratification, it's Starbucks now, It's expensive resteraunts now, they always think ''now now now'' but never stop to think that this will put them in an even worse position than before, thats also one reason they wan't communism. They want to have no repercussions for what they do with their earnings.Also useless degrees, you may be ''living the dream'' but for how long? Until you have to live out of an RV?

I live in chicago in a modest apartment on the south side so by no means luxury, but damn i have friends who go out to eat to buy $30 sushi every other day and all these "high end" brunch shops that serve wine and shit, and then have a dog service, a wine delivery service, a food delivery service, and take ubers everywhere. Then you hear them say 'im $70k in debt wtf college'

And that's completely on them and their useless degree, I suggest saving up for a bigger apartment or even a house, and investing in precious metals and Apple stock.

On credit. My brother took student loans to get a masters degree, that's 30k, on top of that he owes around 12k worth of debt to different credit cards so that's 42k in debt while earning 7.25 the hour. The funny thing is that to my boomer parent's he's the successful kid, meanwhile I'm earning more than him with 0 debt.

What did you do differently?

Those delivery services aren't that expensive and they usually operate at a loss. They go out of business all the time. I get vouchers for Blue Apron all the time but never use them. Wouldn't be a bad exonomical decision if I did though.

They’re living paycheck to paycheck. They don’t keep savings. They’re still in debt.

>t. reddit
These threads have always been reddit fyi

Im 6gorillion in debt because of student student loans for my TransQueerPOC Studies Ph.D and cant find work anymore because of Trump's America.!!!
Sent from my Iphone x 256gb on Verizon's 199$ month unlimited plan

>every douchebag liberal I know

are you kidding? Reddit loves paying $50 a month for a cat toy delivery service so they can post it to social media

I went to a college and took plumbing then I went to work for the local water company, started from the bottom, on the field working in a hole fixing pipes and what not, from there moved onto working the digger. Started at 18, now 25, I supervise 4 crews. I'm hoping to get certified to operate the machinery in a pumping or filter station since that means I don't have to be out in the street or having to deal with welfare niggers in caserios.

dumb parents give them money out of guilt from forcing a 17 year old to get 100k worth of debt

this

most of those are startups that are burning (the free) money (the fed gladly/indirectly provides) and then go out of business
and then another startup shows up and another
tesla is the pinnacle of startup that at some (undefined) point in the future will make a profit; in the mean time they'll be dead without capital infusions

I’ve been meditating on this. I think the reason why millennials are so obsessed with food is that there isn’t anything else to do socially. Everything has moved online. Noise Nazis make music and clubs difficult because more people live bang in the middle of cities. The hipsters who used to run clubs, bars, record shops etc all now open fucking pop-up vegan cafe gay things.

just google "startups burning money" and you'll see articles going back a few years explaining this

Millennial women are different than millennial men. Millennial women have a college debt problem. Millennial women bust their budget eating out. Women are The problem.

This. I live in a pretty major city and I always check calendars/the news to see what events going on and there's never shit. Same old local bands and same $75 craft beer festivals. Is it like that there too? Most of the time I just cook for my friends and we'll play cards or kill some beers and shoot the shit. Getting old though.

That's half of it. The other half is that even a 30 dollar plate of sushi is far less expensive than 90% of the shit Boomers used to do for socializing. Sports games, theater, even the fucking movies are absurdly expensive. At that point, may as well have the sushi and feed yourself while enjoying some camaraderie.

Millennials are either super well off (techies and other white collar professionals) or poor as dirt.

The middle class is a relic of the past

Chicago no longer caters to the middle class. you're either a rich trust fund millenial/older weath person paying $2000 a month for a studio or youre a nigger or spic getting section 8 housing or paying $500 a month to get shot at every night

Those are overgrown trust fund children who get that kind of stuff, or lonely cat ladies who don't have children to spend money on.

Humans in general suck at planning long term

So true. All the middle class still live in the suburbs with their parents and commute into the city.

The live rent free with mommy and daddy.

But for how long? I keep hearing blacks and minorities are moving into the suburbs and whites are moving back to the city, its like the 50s inverted.

Your point being?

Is that famous grouse? I assume this is a yank thing for hipsters who have no taste, even our alcoholic tramps shun famous grouse as only fit to clean the lav with.

>accuse a generation broadly
>assume they all live the same lives
The absolute state of that retard's brain

you are retarded boomer and it's you and retarded credit card millennials that are supporting these dumb ass companies that generally fail within a couple months

>thinking boomers go on Jow Forums
lol

Not really, that happened in the 90s when Cabrini and all the housing projects closed. They ferried all the crime out of the North side and divided it among the Northwest suburbs (Hoffman Estates, Streamwood, etc.). So crime went down in the city but rose proportionally in each suburb.

I think people will live with their parents for 2-4 years before deciding to move downtown and try and marry or do whatever. It's unsustainable to buy a home on your own in the suburbs with property taxes like this:

Attached: illinois taxes.png (673x657, 71K)

Property taxes have tripled since 1999 yet salaries have mostly stayed the same.

You described my life story my man. With suburban parents for 3 years after college, commuting to the city every day. Eventually get a place in the city with my gf and marry her. Both getting by, but not really living to the standards expected from two STEM graduates. We can't afford a 2-bedroom apartment or to get a house, so we are kind of stuck. It's gonna take like 10 years to save up for a house. And that's why the birthrate is stagnated. Having a kid now will make us stuck in our 1-bedroom place for even longer.

fuck man. our family moved out of cook cty in 1989 into will cty, then we moved out of state in 2001. propery taxes in our old will county home these days are ridiculous

Theres two types of millenials: The "100k a year is literally poverty lol" types and the "15 an hour? Thats a lot of money" types

That sucks. I saw that heading my way so I left the state for Texas. I make about the same as what I would have made in IL but net about a third more because of taxes/cost of living.

I have actually made investments in Chicago, so here's my advice: They're gentrifying the living hell out of the city right now. North side property worth nothing 20 years ago is worth 10s of millions today. I used my surplus to buy a 3-flat in the West side and fill it with Section 8. I'm about to buy a 5-flat soon. They pay for themselves after 10 years and will likely only go up in value.

Other "unethical" way. In the south side there are tons of properties with 20-40 units in massive default. They auction these for literally 5-10k. I know some polacks who go into the south side after buying up the lots, pay off any liens, then convince the tenants to take up ownership of the property. They pay maybe 40k for the property and the lien but convince the 40 residents to pay them 2k each to transfer ownership to them (like condos). They do this literally within a week or two. The tenants naturally can't afford ownership of the property in the long-run but to the the tenants it seems like a smart investment.

>They pay for themselves after 10 years and will likely only go up in value.
I'm currently saving up to buy a place for myself though. Investing now for a payoff in 10+ years is fine and all, but I want to start a family and stuff, and don't want to wait that long to do it. I do want to invest in stuff, but that has to be put on hold for now.

How do you deal with Section 8 tenants?
a guy i know and his husband bought a 3 flat in Avondale and live in one of the rooms and lease out the rest. I havent heard how its been for them since then.

I'm a boomer and I'd never waste my money on those boutique food companies.

I'm the guy who gets out of his car and goes inside the fast food joint when there's a line of cars around the store waiting at the drive-thru because I'm that stingy on gas. I can afford it - I'm just cheap (and I get in and out well before those in line even get up to order).

I use digital and paper coupons at the grocery store without embarrassment. I even use them when I get the oil changed. (Had an older guy say "I never use coupons" when I did it once. I pointedly thanked the shop manager for offering the coupons to people as he rang me up.)

I'm a fundamentally cheap guy. Always have been. I know how to survive by being frugal. It's all in how you're taught finances and whether you're willing to do without now so you'll be okay later. People who've had less growing up react one of two ways: they're either frugal or they're spendthrifts. There seems to be no middle ground.

It can be an expensive lesson for anybody regardless of generation, so I don't rag the millennials because every generation has had its problems with money.

>owning a home in the niggiest state in the union
kek. you niggers better get to work paying all those goberment bensions

Attached: 1524230972810.jpg (600x600, 65K)

I can't think of anywhere cheap within the city limits to raise a family without it being a ghetto. Maybe Norwood/Edison park, a lot of cops and firefighters out there. Along the Metra too. Otherwise go for Lake county if you can handle a 60-90 minute train commute. I would seriously look into buying a duplex instead of a house. A property not making money is pointless with the property taxes, you may as well be renting (plus the mortgage laws have changed with Trump so fewer deductions). If you run a "business" with that rental unit you can also claim massive deductions.

For the most part I don't deal with them since I live out of state. I pay a yugoslav guy who runs a small operation managing these properties to keep an eye on things and deal with problems. There's a lot of people who do this. The Serbs know how to deal with them.

Only bad thing that happened so far is that I had to get 2 evicted. Again, no issues, got a call from the guy, said they pissed and moaned for like a day then moved on. Had to pay for minor damages thus far, just submit photos to a Section 8 rep and you'll get reimbursed (though it takes like 8 months).

>a guy i know and his husband
summer is here

>where the FUCK are they getting money to spend on boutique restaurants, luxury apartments and all these home delivery services??

they actually don't have the money to spend on that shit. they just don't realize it. I've got a millennial relative that buys all her groceries online and has them delivered. . .and she can't afford her rent without a rommate

i could call them gays but i didnt want to derail the conversation. apparetly one of them is really into finance so he convinced the other to move from the south side so they could buy a property and start making some money

>gays
are they african-american too?

Attached: tellmeajoke.jpg (404x338, 85K)

>Make my own spirits
>Pretty much circumventing the price of spirits
It seems that delivering alcohol in Chicago would really bad.

Attached: __ayasato_mayoi_gyakuten_saiban_and_gyakuten_saiban_6_drawn_by_mattaku_mousuke__d90d8d929883666fa778 (634x950, 101K)

Gays in the African American community is really high.
They just never talk about it.

in Chicago its about $2.75 one way for a train and bus ride ($2.50 for train only, $2.25 for bus only).
Every so often uber gives me 40% off offers or $4 off a ride etc etc, and if I can snag a ride home for $4-5 sometimes I take it because the extra dollars isnt a big deal. but man sometimes they want $10-15s just for ride home

Well, I have a confession. I don't live in Chicago, I live in NYC. It's worse here.

I like my brave new world accessories like perfumed cosmetics and sweet food.

Attached: credit-header.jpg (1600x900, 131K)

Getting groceries online isn't expensive at all. Lots of stuff is cheaper than the supermarket.

you got your greentext and your normal text backwards.

>boutique restaurants, luxury apartments and all these home delivery services??

How many millennials do you think actually partake in this kind of shit?
Anyway, simple answer, your parents generally charge less rent and while you're living with them might as well splurge on something nice to distract you from the desire of wanting to kill yourself from hopelessness, that's why I buy fancy craft beer at least.

>rebdit
you have to go back

Am I wrong?
There's not a lot happening in prison cells user.
Blacks jump on the boipussi wagon because there aren't any females in prison.
Look at the HIV rate in prison.

>his husband
>gays
>african-american
>blacks
>derailed
>female
you stand out. maybe lurk moar faggot

Attached: 1512929808384.png (650x488, 782K)

also spending hundreds of dollars on make-up, 60-80$ once or twice a week on dinner.

A lot of the time it's our fault, but we don't want to make sacrifices, only to want more.

i like that picture