Tennessee makes community college free for all adults

money.cnn.com/2017/05/11/pf/college/tennessee-free-community-college/index.html

Attached: IMG_20180517_125747.png (1080x1163, 647K)

who's gonna pay for it tho?

Cool? If they can afford to. I'd limit it to natural born citizens of Tennessee though or this is going to be lol fast.

Thereby decreasing the value of 2 and 4 year degrees for everyone. Horay!

Tennesseeans. They actually sort of need it though, cause they're a very uneducated state.

>Free

>get my free Associates of Applied Sciences in who the fuck cares
>Apply at Applebees
>Apply at Shart-mart
>Apply for food stamps
>Niggers everywhere
God Bless America

>(((Free)))

Bernie

>free

I really wonder what demographic particularity of Tenessee might be the cause.

>It being free decreases it's learned value

Tennessee here, I bet this originated in faggot ass Nashville.

NC here, where's my shipment of meth faggot?

>b-but Republicans hate education

Attached: 1525157958972.jpg (485x438, 46K)

>learned value

Good luck getting good wages in a job market full of graduates desperate for work. In fact good luck finding a job.

I'm not familiar with the US education system, but aren't community college mostly shitty American history or Gender studies degrees ?

Can't really divide zero by anything desu...

My sister mom smoked it all

In Argentina we called these sort of thing "estatal" meaning "state paid." Not perfect but at least makes it clear someone "(You)" is paying for it.

they are local colleges without name or recognition

Community college is just a local college that's much more affordable than state university. Most people transfer to a university after 2 years of community college. It isn't just geneder studies and American history. It's for people who don't think they should have to pay 25k a semester to take prerequisites for your degree.

maintain a 2.0 GPA, enroll in enough classes to be a part-time student, and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

This program will be shut down for being racist.

>2.0

What a fucking joke

If you can't even keep something as low as a 2.0 GPA chances are you aren't even going to school to begin with

>10 applicants
>one 2 year grad
who do you hire?
>10 applicants
>10 two year grads
who do you hire?
>10 applicants
>9 two year grads
>1 four year grad
who do you hire?
>10 applicants
>10 four year grads
who do you hire?
>10 applicants
>9 four year grads
>1 post grad
who do you hire?
see a pattern?

You have to do a certain amount of community service as well.

Ohhh I see...
That's similar to the French system then, where the first 2 or 3 years are done for free in the actual University, then you get an actually valuable degree from a School of Engineering or Business School with American-style high prices.

So basically, the Democrats want to make State universities the new community colleges, and have people motivated for an actual degree switch to private expensive business schools for their masters.

How nice of school officials and teachers to stop receiving salaries.

>job market full of graduates desperate for work
So just like now

She hot?

Well, at least it's just community colleges

PAY FOR MY COLLEGE!!!

> My sister mom
Kek

>Tennessee makes community college literally worthless

Community college is already basically free. If you are in district your tuition is very low and you can use the hope and lifetime learning credits on your federal income tax which is several thousand dollars for two tax years. It’s enough to pay for community college and some of the books and you when you sell the books you get that back too. Especially if you sell them on amazon and not the bookstore.

Nah man community college is the way to go. Transfer your 2 years right into a 4 year college and you are working. You only pay 2 year of that retardedly expensi e 4 year.

Yes I used the Pel(sp) grant

Pell and yes there is that too. But the credits I was referring to are not financial aid, they’re federal income tax credits that first time college students are eligible for. It’s more than enough to pay for a 2-year community college degree so long as you’re credit hour cost is the in district (aka you go to your local community college).

I tell this to everybody who complains that college should be free. They want to go to some state university with room and board and have it all be free though. Fuck them im not paying for that

Agreed, and it’s absurd to argue this. You can even follow an outline from the start if you want to go to a certain 4 year school and it will be made up of everything that transfers over. People don’t do this because they’d rather party and get alcohol poisoning thousands of miles away from mom and dad but on their dime. You can still do that if you wait two years and you’ll save a tremendous amount of money.

its community college, it costs ~$100 a semester plus gas.

He never said learned retard

He means flooding the market with degrees decreases their value as a certification.

so many fucking faggots moving to TN right now cause of nucuntry

>see a pattern
Yes, people getting degrees to a field they know is full. That's their fault.

That's not any fault of the education you fucking idiot.

>$100 a semester plus gas
must depend on the state, or the community college. one CLASS cost more than that in 2001 where i went.