Reminder that the United States Government forces anyone who manufactures medical alcohol to add poison to it

Reminder that the United States Government forces anyone who manufactures medical alcohol to add poison to it.

Attached: tired police officer.jpg (458x345, 64K)

>medical alcohol
jesus you're worse than pot smokers who actually think weed should be legalized

>medical alcohol
like rubbing alcohol?

Yes like rubbing alcohol.

D'oh....

But I do think weed should be legalized user. I also think cocaine should be legalized but people aren't ready for that one.

>it makes you sick so you won't drink too much and get sick
>diversity is good because--

OP, is it possible to filter such poisonous impurities with a charcoal based filter?

Such as a Brita filter?

Why do you want to be able to drink rubbing alcohol?

My chemistry's rusty, but that may also filter out ethanol so if you want to try it do so only in small amounts. It should filter out the formaldehyde though.

The issue is not that I want to drink rubbing alcohol. The issue is that the government poisons medical supplies thanks to a law that has existed since alcohol prohibition.

Why

OP continues to be a gigantic faggot

If they didnt poison the rubbing alcohol is it likely that people would have be over the age of 21 to buy it?

That's a high possibility.

Without debating what the legal drinking age should be, do you think the trade off of anyone being able to buy poisoned rubbing alcohol is better then restricting it to people over the drinking age? What are the real down sides of the rubbing alcohol being poisoned beside being unable to drink it?

>What are the real down sides of the rubbing alcohol being poisoned beside being unable to drink it?
You mean other than the fact the law itself only existed in order to poison the customers of bootleggers? Ironic since bootleggers added formaldehyde to watered down booze to make it look like it has a higher proof.

Now, if you're implying that the practical purpose of such a law is that it now prevents children from drinking booze, I contest that. Kids drink robotussin, they're not exactly known for thinking about the long term health benefits of getting fucked up.

>robotussin
But they ID for that now for that exact reason. I dont see why I should care about there being an ingredient in it that only stops me from ingesting rubbing alcohol. I'm pretty sure rubbing alcohol would go up in price if it wasnt poisoned because bums would be buying it up so often supply and demand would kick in. You seem to only have a problem with it because you deem the original reason for it being poised to no longer be relevant. I think it is still relevant. If you really think faggots in this day in age wouldnt be guzzling it down otherwise you're naive. Medical alcohol serves a real purpose, making sure morons arent drinking it is justified.

>If you really think faggots in this day in age wouldnt be guzzling it down otherwise you're naive.
So why should there be a federal law about it? States already regulate the proof of alcohol sold in their state. Pure grain alcohol is illegal in many states.
>Medical alcohol serves a real purpose, making sure morons arent drinking it is justified.
I'm sure I'm the exception and not the rule, but I keep a bottle of vodka around for disinfectant purposes. Sometimes I'll take a swig from it but boozing's not really my thing.

No. Op is referring to denatured alcohol, but being retarded.

Anyone can buy draino. Which is bad for you if you drink it. Should we limit that to age?
Why not take plays from the UK book? ID required for purchases of cutlery?

OP is shill, sage and move on, alcohol has been used for thousands of years and society turns out fine, meanwhile marijuana destroys countries

Why the fuck can't they just make drinking grade alcohol and sell it at the ABC store and to Medical Facilities? Are they afraid of the doctors and patients getting sloshed on the job?

Rubbing alcohol isn't poisoned, you stupid faggots, its just more toxic than regular alcohol.

Want the real answer? Taxes. They can't tax medical supplies the same way they can tax alcohol sold for recreational purposes.

Why do you have a problem with this? What's your point? Why not just buy normal alcohol to drink and rubbing alcohol to rub and be happy?

In a bad boy class once, our instructor told us all a story about poor people buying rubbing alcohol and using it to get drunk all day. It was the cheaper alternative to methanol. Also fucks you up and or kills you a lot more quickly.

Draino will kill you what the fuck are you talking about? The deterrent to not drink it is death

We still have hand sanitizer.

>Why do you have a problem with this?
Because it's a federal law passed by ignorant cunts during a period of time in which the government went collectively fucktarded. It's one more kink in our legislative structure that never worked its way out and remains tolerated because it doesn't cause obvious problems.

I had to go check as I thought rubbing alcohol was just isopropyl, but denatured does indeed have additives ranging from methylation, bitterants, etc.

correct
/thread

If you want to get high and kys, just breath Trichlorethen.

Attached: 1493201574527.jpg (600x604, 53K)

Check'd

This law for allergy medicines are so stupid.
I'm allowed to buy 10 days worth of allergy meds every 15 days. So ...

I wanted to buy some alcohol Propol to clean out my bong and the clerk made me show me my ID cause people buy the shit to drink, Also made sure I only buy 1 bottle.

They do this with morning glory seeds too. The seeds contain LSA, but they coat them in some chemical that will makes you sick when you eat them...or so I've read. Could just be druggie lore.

>I wanted to buy some alcohol Propol to clean out my bong
I suggest some cheap vodka that's been distilled several times. Never use 90+% isopropyl to clean a water pipe. It'll leave nasty residue on it and ruin the resin, making it sticky, foul smelling, and I'm sure you don't want to smoke the shit they put in it.

*Never use any less than 90+%, rather. Sorry.

you could try distilling it.

in fact don't you will probably blow your self up...

Well I'm pretty sure the denaturing agent is methyl alcohol, which is wood alcohol, and poisonous, but not an impurity. So you'd just take everything with it in the process, and most likely have some really smooth tasting poison as the end result.

you can distill this out. Usually they have denaturing agents such as benzene, formadehyde and other crap so that people don't drink. Distilling is basically evaporating liquids based on the difference between their boililng points. Usually if the difference is about 15 C in boiling points, then it's worth distilling it. If it's smaller than that, it's might be difficult unless you have a very complicated apparatus and you are wiling to wait for a long time, but you also have to take into account the fact that ethanol will evaporate at faster rates than at room temp, so if you distill it, you will lose some of the ethanol as well in the process.

Just buy HPLC grade ethanol - now that one is pure 100% C2H5OH, it costs a pretty penny, but i heard from my friend that it's worth it. He went on a river trip with his buddies and before that he made an order to his lab to get some HPLC grade ethanol through his advisor. He took the bottle and he mixed it with river water, which was very clean since it was very far away from any city so thus minimal pollution. He and his friends made their "vodka" by mixing it 50/50 by volume and drank all night. Interestingly enough nobody had a hangover the morning after, which made them think that it's not the ethanol that makes your head hurt, but the impurities in the alcohol.

rubbing alcohol is made from isopropanol. You drink that shit and you die.

that's what "denatured" means denatured alcohol is just poisoned alcohol.

it doesn't have poison though? it's denatured?

>I wanted to buy some alcohol Propol to clean out my bong
>deus vult flag
lmaoing at your life

>I also think cocaine should be legalized
stupidity. That libertarian view is the result of the underlying assumption that the "war on drugs" has shown that criminalization isn't successful. However, the Chinese managed to criminalize heroin and stop it's usage. Why can't we? Because the CIA imports it and is allowed to evade all our measures to combat drug smuggling. We have to get rid of the CIA and kill the dealers and our drug problem will go away.

If you have a distillery set up why would you try to separate the poison from raw ethanol instead of just making your own ethanol without the poison?

I was just trying to describe to him how difficult it would be to distill crap out of denatured alcohol. Making your own ethanol is better of course as long as you have the means to analyze how pure it is. GC-MS would probably be best but then again a good used GC-MS can be like a new car price wise.