Where's the innovations in gas powered engines? Technology is stuck in the '70s

Where's the innovations in gas powered engines? Technology is stuck in the '70s.

Attached: 2018.jpg (760x506, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_heat_recovery_system
befreetech.com/energysuppression.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_car#Saab_steam_car_and_Ranotor
youtube.com/watch?v=1-_SPo2huUI
youtube.com/watch?v=LXx8khPVBbY
evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1239
tv.greenmedinfo.com/edwin-black-history-of-electric-cars/
spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/history/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy
youtube.com/watch?v=zdh7_PA8GZU
youtube.com/watch?v=mHW6b1aFPfU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobasys#Criticisms
youtube.com/watch?v=57daNLpnTKA
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsenergylett.6b00029
internalcombustionbook.com/Introduction.php
themindunleashed.org/2016/04/turbine-carbon-dioxide.html
google.com/search?q=tom ogle carb
mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/37184/is-tom-ogles-100mpg-engine-actually-feasible?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Innovation dies the more secular a country becomes. Hedonism, not curiosity, is the products of a athiest society. Hence, better smartphones and Vidya.

Attached: 05 fate - glubb.png (830x1159, 91K)

You mean other than the mileage improvements?

Shut up retard you know nothing.

It died with Group B's massive throbbing dick

There has been improvements, but you obviously don't know what diminishing returns are.

>Technology is stuck in the '70s.
you couldn't even point out a carburetor you faggot

shut up, goyim.
globalism is good. innovation is everywhere.

now get back to get plowed by Tyrone

desu it's the only part of a car stoners understand
you'd be better off naming anything else

Yes I think he means something other than the minimal milage improvements. The technology literally hasnt changed since the early 1900s.. Its not in line at all with the progression of other tech in the world and it is quite obviously because the oil companies have a monoply over the car industry.

You can't expect cutting-edge improvements to make it to market immediately.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_heat_recovery_system

why dont you invent something better instead of starting shitty threads on a shitty image board, whining for someone else to do it?

>X is bad!
>do you have a better alternative?
>no, but X is bad, so we shouldn'd use X!
>but we depend in what X enables us to do.
>shut up, X is bad and you are bad!

The problem is, every time someone invents something that might be better, the patent gets bought out by existing car companies, and buried until a time that it is profitable. And thats if its ever used at all.

So if you want to invent something, you best have the millions of dollars to get it past a proto type, and have the balls to deal with big business breathing down your neck.

Look up FM radio, this shit actually happens.
Also Tesla is another good example of being screwed over by this kind of thing.

We’ve reached the limits of gasoline powered engines, the only thing they can improve upon is efficiency in the torque and rpm range, sooner or later all cars will use electric for lower gears and gasoline for higher gears as that is when combustion engines are more efficient

There’s still some gains to be had. Mercedes is claiming over 50 percent thermal efficiency in the Project One. It’s a bonkers hyper car based around their formula 1 engine tech, but there is no real barrier to using the underlying technologies in a more normal car.

Attached: 8ECCFEC6-19EC-415C-A7E0-EB64AC958441.jpg (3400x1440, 327K)

You can only improve a certain type of technology so much.
For example, the pinnical of pencil technology is a mechanical pencil. Is that the pinnical of writing technology? no. The only way to have a major breakthough is to make something better without being confined to the limitation of the technology it's based off of.

What are you talking out? Everyday I'm amazed that someone is driving a 4 cylinder mustang

the one piece of credit I have to lend Ford is the ecoboost program -- slapping miniturbos on every 4cyl in the nation is astonishingly effective

How do I drive stick?

Most of the "mileage improvements" are just coming from making cars out of lighter and flimsier materials.

You start by calling it manual.

But that's what I call my neighbor.

What is a mustang svo

go to the racetrack ya dumb faggot.

same for guns, the M2 is still in use 85 years after it was invented.

Mileage and performance have improved more than minimally.
>The technology literally hasnt changed since the early 1900s.
For example mazda is releasing a gasoline engine that doesnt require ignition. Cars have gotten a lot better.

Variable valve timing, tuned port injection, quad cams.
You're too young to remember when your mothers station wagon wouldnt start on cold winter days.

Attached: Bender, J..jpg (600x330, 30K)

Just stop posting, please.

The reason is very simple: Gas powered engines were a mistake.

I have done significant research on the topic, so let me sum it up for you:

The gas engine basically only came up because it was cheaper than steam engines. Even though they were worse and less efficient at the time they made cars more affordable.
So the gas engine continued to be developed despite having significant dasadvantages (not smooth running, steep torque curve, etc) and eventually hit a ceiling.
Now with the new materials that were developed we could have better steam engines and funnily enough they would also be better and more efficient than gas engines, even at the same weight.

In fact, some steam engines for cars are currently being developed but because of the "big break" in development they are significantly behind now.

But don't worry. The age of steam will come again. Steam engines can run on anything, not just oil and their acceleration is comparable to electrical motors (so really fucking good) with less weight needed to store energy (no batteries) and more robust.

They had to after a couple of decades of weight increases to make the cars safer.

Well in the 70s ignition systems were mechanical & fuel was delivered via a carburettor, so quite substantially different really.

>The technology literally hasnt changed since the early 1900s
It's very different, it's changed a great deal since then.

I would unironically love to drive a steam powered deathrocket on wheels

this guy knows

>Most of the "mileage improvements" are just coming from making cars out of lighter and flimsier materials.
Not true at all, cars are heavier these days due to all the safety features, size for size.

Yes, steam engines are awesome

Where's the innovations in fire? Technology is stuck in the cenozoic

Theres very little to improve on. Jet engines are also basically unchanged since the 70's.

> He thinks we still use carburetors

All the fuel mileage we should be getting has been sucked up by all the emission systems they put on the cars. Strangulating any improvements we'd be getting.

Ford made/invented a bio diesel engine he predicted would overtake gas engines.
It ran on biofuel made from Hemp seed. Cleaner, more environmentally friendly, cheaper to run and fuel etc.... Just like all hemp products and uses they got axed by the Oil lobby and the (((Banksters))) that owned all the big oil companies as it would have axed the oil industry... Oil has been literally obsolete since the 1930s.

"Rudolf Diesel, the inventor of the diesel engine, designed it to run on vegetable and seed oils like hemp. Ford originally intended his vehicles to run off of vegetable oils, stating “there’s enough alcohol in one year’s yield of an acre of potatoes to drive the machinery necessary to cultivate the fields for one hundred years.”"

You could run an older diesel on used vegetable oil. I don't think newer diesels work quite in the same way but I could be wrong

And to OP, engines today last way longer than they did a few decades ago, other than catastrophic failure that any car can have at some point

>Alternative Engines
>William Bolon - from Rialto, California, developed an unusual steam engine design in 1971, that was said to get up to 50 miles to the gallon. The engine used only 17 moving parts and weighed less than 50 pounds and eliminated the usual transmission and drive train in an automatic. After much publicity, the inventors factory was fire bombed with damages totaling $600,000 . Letters to the Whitehouse were ignored so the inventor finally gave up.

befreetech.com/energysuppression.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_car#Saab_steam_car_and_Ranotor

/thread

And v8s still make 150hp

So why doesnt some autist re-engineer something like this? Just put the videos of it all over youtube and start go fund me shit and it will take off. They wouldnt be able to axe a product like that with the internet now days.

biodiesel could never replace the oil we use.
we literally don't have enough land to grow the crops.
humans already use around 40% of all of the earth's photosynthesis.

one way or another, civilization is fucked.
enjoy the ride.

they dont need to do jack shit as long as batteries stay shitty enough to keep electric cars twice the cost of a gas car.

>electric car
>A century ago, society could have started down the path of electric cars. We already had regenerative braking like hybrids have now, and we could have powered our cars on a decentralized system with home electricity, swap-out batteries and plug-in stations.
youtube.com/watch?v=1-_SPo2huUI
youtube.com/watch?v=LXx8khPVBbY

>investigative history into the conspiracy to stop the electric car nearly a century ago
evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1239
tv.greenmedinfo.com/edwin-black-history-of-electric-cars/

>Phoebus cartel destroyed long-lasting cheap light bulb with short-term bulbs that kept the customer buying more
>Centennial Light is the world's longest-lasting light bulb at least 120 years old
>The hand-blown carbon filament common light bulb was manufactured in Shelby, Ohio, by the Shelby Electric Company in the late 1890s;[5] many just like it still exist and can be found functioning.
spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/history/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy

>planned obsolescence
youtube.com/watch?v=zdh7_PA8GZU

there are much less white people nowadays, compared to back then, meaning more useless poos who cant into tech

1988 Honda CRX = 50 miles to the gallon

2018 Ford Taurus fuel economy = 27 mpg on the highway

Attached: 241487.jpg (620x414, 26K)

electric cars are horseshit too.
electric motors are fine, but battery technology
is nowhere near good enough and probably never
will be.

I'm all for that. Couldn't care less if we fell back to pre industrial revolution. I would be one of the few that would be at peace without modern tech

GM transitioned to a "buy a car yearly" model and gimped every car they produced then and made mad dosh
The fuckers bought out a guy who had managed to create a 100 mpg engine back in the 80's for millions
Then they went and locked it away in some shelf and it hasn't seen the light if day since.
Shit, VW has a car that could hit 300 mpg if you drive it right and the US government outright banned them from even showing it off here

>Magnet Motor
youtube.com/watch?v=mHW6b1aFPfU

You have that backwards you dumb shit. Innovation dies when a country becomes more religious (ex, the middle east)

>Battery suppression
>Large-format NiMH batteries were commercially viable and ready for mass production, but there is evidence to support that Chevron and other oil-related interests may have suppressed the technology. Presumably to forestall the introduction of battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobasys#Criticisms

water powers mobile battery
youtube.com/watch?v=57daNLpnTKA

Scientists Can Now Make Lithium Ion Batteries Last a Lifetime
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsenergylett.6b00029

You don't need to reinvent the wheel....

>patents dont expire

At worse you wait 20 years before everyone has access to it

let's see:
better gas mileage 6mpg to 36mpg even the old vw beetle only got about 22mpg
more horsepower and torque 300hp easy from 4 cyl eng
more dependable from lasting maybe 60k to 300k
i can keep going

nope. you'll starve.
and in the unlikely event that you're able to put together a self sustaining food production operation to feed yourself, it'll be taken from you by packs of roving niggers.

doesn't matter. growth of use consumes any surplus produced by conservation. there are actually a lot of studies on this topic.

The fast-industrializing outposts of civilization scattered across great distances were made possible by trains. This growth gave rise to the need for commercial electricity. But those who used electricity craved wireless power--ability to store electricity and use it far from the center of generation. Behold: the world needed a storage battery--the most revolutionary power concept since fire. Today, the idea is simple and small enough to balance on a fingertip. But in the decades after the American Civil War, the "box of electricity" was the sensational stuff of legendary false advertising, great stock manipulation, calculated corporate deceit, commercial looting, technology fraud, and epic, destructive patent litigation that suppressed the real scientific advances in favor of instant profits. In the process, the corruption subdued society's desire to energize simply, cleanly, and inexpensively.

Internal Combustion: How Corporations and Governments Addicted the World to Oil and Derailed the Alternatives.

internalcombustionbook.com/Introduction.php

>What is the Bronze Age?
>What is the Roman Imperium?
>What is Medieval Society?

Formula 1 or pic related

Attached: 03.jpg (1400x788, 91K)

>Wudabout Ess Vee Oh!
A Beter Idea that should have been left without wheels.

interesting... will have to read up.

turbine free energy
themindunleashed.org/2016/04/turbine-carbon-dioxide.html

>*blocks your path*

Attached: skyactiv.jpg (1370x763, 335K)

A man in the 50s I believe it was, invented a carburetor that made a vehicle get 100 miles to the gallon. The patent was bought up by Ford real quick and never made it to market. So you see, innovation is impossible with our system.

Don't worry. All those innovations are kept in safe by mr. oilman.
Thank you mr. oilman for not letting them fall into wrong hands.
If back in the day electric had won, considering a gas engine today would be the craziest shit anyone could imagine.
Gas engine sized electric engine would be more powerful.

>A man in the 50s I believe it was, invented a carburetor that made a vehicle get 100 miles to the gallon

okay bud

Attached: 46e.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Although there are loopholes to extend patent laws. Albuterol is an example.

Mazda mad a gorious engine that runs on gas but compresses the fuel like diesel.

Also turbos and hybrids

look at all the posts by this id
color me shitted
I actually know something about this and how wrong faggot ass OP is but I'm not bumping this shit

Since I was a child and old enough to read i was promised the coming singularity. Synthetic muscles and brain implants, genetic engineering and gene therapies, true AI, etc but all those things seem to be so far away.
instead of spending trillions on research for these subjects to create a better humanity, supermen, we spend it on worthless fucking kike wars in some sand nigger desert so some rich kikes can become richer, we spend it on worthless subhumans in africa so they can outbreed out us and then collapse when we collapse, we spend it on shaniquas 8 fucking kids and sarahs welfare job in hr.
and what happened to space colonization? in the 50s and 60s we were promised nuclear slat rockets and nuclear pulse drives capable of reaching 10 percent of the speed of light. we could have had permanent colonies on the moon, mars, the asteroid belt, the jovian moons and even deep space stations in the kuiper belt.
all we got was marxists faggots, mass nonwhite immigration and a deep state government trying to subvert our liberty.
the worst part is no one cares.
I recently replayed the deus ex series, from the first to mankind divided.
i must say i shed a single tear down my face when i chose the sarif ending in human revolution because i know none of that will EVER HAPPEN.
europe will become like africa and the middle east and america like brazil, third world shitholes filled with low iq shitskins.
A ending with a whimper, maybe a blast if we get ww3 going.

> my car that is controlled mainly by computer chips is so 1970's
God dammit. Only an American could be this dumb. Get a fucking life faggot

i saw this cool ass nigga in a lime jeep, it was like an 80s movie. like damn.

Fake news

You can look up current patents and patents expire after 20yrs letting anyone use them

Im serious britbro. Research it. It was in magazines and shit. Goddamn man we are brothers. Stop discounting us. And you Americans stop fucking shitting on our brothers across the pond. Goddamn it disgusts me

Electric transport was a huge part of the 19th century USA and at that time our electric transport corporations were not only profitable, but were among the best in the world.

Then the early 20th came along, some ruthless guy named Rockefeller started a company called Standard Oil...and everything went to shit.

Its actually amazing how much one man cucked the USA, and in some ways the entire world. He's not Rothschild tier, but he's pretty close.

Anyway, the USA doesn't want to use less oil, because guys like Rockefeller wanted to use the most oil possible. He not only helped kill/restrain our railways, but he also battled Henry Ford over making sure automobiles ran on oil instead of corn grain alcohol (which would have made more sense in every way)

All this shit we have now. The Global oil market, Saudi Arabia controlling the petrol dollar, etc etc. It can all be traced back to Standard Oil (Rockefeller)

>implyng he didn't have a choice in selling his patent.

Research it ameribro

That is a different much deeper issue than what OP presented.

Preach. If the Europeans molded together into a superstate, nothing could stop us. The whites main weakness is their own empathy

Not here to shit on anyone because of their flag, just saying the idea of a special carbureutor giving a regular 1950s engine 100mpg is absurd

Is there any hope for Hydrogen fuelcell/liquid hydrogen vehicles
Pic related is the 2016 Toyota Mirai (meaning Future) prototype HFC car

Attached: download (12).jpg (275x183, 7K)

there are tons of supposed inventions to improve fuel mileage that got hidden/destroyed/etc
they are almost all fabricated urban legends.
someone did mention VW getting 100 mpg or so.
the VW engineers did build some impressive engines but they would never pass the pollution regs
fuel injection over carbs is the best improvement

and patents do expire, the patent for freon expired at about the same time that freon became bad and was replaced

Tom Ogle Carb
google.com/search?q=tom ogle carb

Bush is part of the Rockefeller Oil Robber Baron Cartel

prior to 2000, gas was 1 a gallon for ages. then drastically went to $3-4 a gallon

what happened?
>peak oil ponzi scheme

fabricated peak oil propaganda is a creation of oil mafia to gouge oil prices

we were told that we passed peak oil more than a decade ago
>the rise in oil prices over the last decade was a result of the peak oil crisis
>shale oil utilized, price does not decrease
>already way past peak oil and Saudi declares it will dramatically increase oil supply, indefinitely
>shale business goes bust
>oil prices decline rapidly

all of a sudden peak oil propaganda magically disappears. we can close all the shale business and just rely on Saudi increased production once more.

i heard that the gov't actually subsidized production and purchase of gas-guzzling SUVs that get 10 miles per gallon. it is ironic that the increase in production and purchases of SUVs coincided with the peak oil crisis with dramatic rise in gas price.

it is absurd to see US going to war "for oil" because of "peak oil", "oil shortages", "oil price increases" and yet, at the same time they increase production of gas-guzzling SUVs, becoming the most common car on the road. The gov't even funded and subsidized purchases of SUVs for the population.

and at the same time: magically stop shale oil production, magically increase Saudi oil production, magically have dramatic oil price declines..

The bastards are at like 80% storage capacity in the Cushing storage facility despite shutting down almost 800 rigs. They've tried to keep those prices up, hard, shutting down rigs, "refinery maintenance", labor strikes, the works. Fuel prices are still up compared to crude.
All of this without even considering all the new crude found and the abandoned projects.
It was all a ruse and the Saudi's showed they're willing to fuck everyone over market share

It wasn't a bad idea, just corporate didn't really like the idea of an i4 out preforming the v8. So they scaled it back, leaving it marginally better at an additional 1/3 of the v8's price.

Thanks for posting this man. DDG doesn't allow multiple tabs

sorta like (((Enron))) but for Oil industry

Bump

Attached: 1479244482029.jpg (1024x683, 139K)

mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/37184/is-tom-ogles-100mpg-engine-actually-feasible?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

1966 vw beetle 29 mpg highway

Are you fucking retarded?
Engines are leaps and bounds better than they were in the 70s

Attached: 1345430300986.jpg (768x576, 248K)

My first and only quality post on Jow Forums ever. Been a /b/tard since 2006. Feels good man. I got people thinking and researching. NOBEL PRIZE WHEN?

Attached: merryeducation.jpg (544x884, 137K)

Attached: 1524635105635.gif (530x480, 769K)

compare the WEIGHT of the car, and how much electrics are crammed in.

a go cart with 20hp can take you from point a to b and very fast, but it won't carry your fat ugly girlfriend or her 6 stepchildren to pick up their welfare and child support checks.