This is America Discussioon

I'm hoping this is the appropriate area to open this discussion. I just watched Childish Gambino's "This is America" music video for about the 100th time. Also reading articles that talk about the different meanings and the symbolism. If you haven't seen it yet, it's accessible for free on Youtube.

I have 3 questions I'd like to field, to start.
1.) Does anyone on Jow Forums live in Oaxaca? Are his claims true? What is the mexican/latin american response to this video?

2.) Other than the obvious background activities masterfully concealed in this video(the horseman, the suicide, etc), has anyone noticed anything going on in the backround?

3.) what do you think the car scene is trying to convey? I noticed most of them had their hazards on, the way it draws away makes me think like, as you focus on the media, you lose perspective on everything around you.

Any other input feedback from people outside of america, I'm very interested to hear how it was received.

If you hated the video, I'd like to read about that too if you just explain why. Thanks for your time.

Attached: unknown.png (580x546, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo
youtube.com/watch?v=XTe9bFSOVWg
youtube.com/watch?v=x7Wq8EQ3vYk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give this shit a rest

I haven't watched the video. This is a /mu/ topic. Sage

The song is so stupid and bad. If it were created by someone unknown and you played it for 95% of the people who say they like it, none of them would like the song. The only reason people like the song is because they are told it is a good and they are supposed to like it. In other words, it's only popular because it's popular, and its popularity is manufactured by jews.

This is something for /mu/ to vomit over.

Attached: 1526035931368m.jpg (663x1024, 85K)

Attached: 0F81A56B-352C-482D-B030-F522E30A0DFF.jpg (792x703, 201K)

There are better things to talk about

Attached: 65DB913A-00DD-4FE9-8795-44DB85D7E1DE.png (536x482, 360K)

This

Attached: E45075CA-4B2C-4D9A-BC28-1AE763DF3AD6.jpg (522x370, 70K)

I just find it funny how rich Gen X white people think its some artistic masterpiece. When its just some nigger with no shirt on, jigabooing in a public car park.

This is important

Attached: D81044E2-E8D0-4D45-AF6B-BE62A46C4BCC.png (500x595, 144K)

Its cool man we can like different things. I think whether or not you like the message, there's something productive you can learn from it. This is this guy's art. I mean, noone told me to like this.

I mean at first you don't realize the stuff going on in the backround. That message, that dancing in front of the screen can distract people from reality, that's one of the things I like about it. genuinely. PS im not jewish

I think one of the messages is: You are black and you adopted the stereotype of the whites, because you all trapped in the market of the narrative.

The people dance, talk about "muh weapons", talk about bitches, talk about money. And they can't see where the effort it's needed, why everything it's shit. They don't understand that the behaviour it's part of the shit.

And so in the end he step up on a lot of old shitty car, like they are Ferrari. They can't see the reality

It's a video about being entrapped in a narrative and living a warped reality. Living a second nature were you forgot that people die and you act as expected.

A narrative not controlled by anyone, and probably this is the worst thing, an habit difficult to remove.

Thank you, this is what I was going to say. Btw, someone should moonman parody this.

I see normalfags talk about this a lot, but I don't have a kikebook account so I've never seen this posted or watched it in person. I just know from various (((news articles))) that this shirtless nigger is somehow associated with lefty faggotry.

whatever happened to kanye

they didn't kill him already did they

>video opens with a nigger shooting someone, probably another nigger
>this is America
Pretty true desu

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS

Attached: 1521951959979.jpg (481x401, 36K)

Well I mmeman listen guys I know it's kind of politically charged, but can you not say that this resonates with some americans?

black on black violence thats definately one review, and it's something worth talking about I think.

>PS im not jewish
that's exactly what a jew would say, but whatever

A random bushman tongue clicks savagely at you on video attempting to be provocative.
Zero fucks were had this fine day

Attached: laughing_tiger_by_norbi2010-d3io27d.jpg (1032x774, 308K)

/thread

I dont know nothin bout nobody or no facny schmancy stuff but I know one thing and thats when that monkey man jumped up on that automobile I thought or the pedo man with the fake nose michel jackson jumpin up on that there car and turnin into a panther n runnin off into the night an i thought about when the monkey people jump up on them there cars and scream about having it easy in the good ol usa and i would wager that in the image of blacks stomping on cars is an image of the united states unintegrated black populations. thank you for you time an god bless u.

Attached: 1486097652813.gif (480x270, 2.88M)

>black on black violence is worth talking about
Sweetie, no...

Don Glover=
(Don G)lover=
Dong Lover

I think the movements were supposed to mock stereotypical racist cartoons. Also, like I think he was just emoting really hard because he was mocking rappers and trap rappers.

like guys he was pretty much calling out rap and hoow it glorifies killing and money and spending like an idiot.

>This is this guy's art
Yes. And it's empty pseudo-profound and boring and should be ignored.

I dunno shit about this fag, but I am from Oaxaca, what did he saidand why should I care?

This song is garbage and Google should be ashamed of themselves for inflating the viewcount.

youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo

Attached: 1405294581438.jpg (476x356, 53K)

This sums it up pretty well (and the fact that youtube pulled this and only reinstated it after 100'000s complaints):

youtube.com/watch?v=XTe9bFSOVWg

Why the fuck do people actually think the song is good? It’s just so generic? Fuck this civilization.

There is no message except that black people are retarded.

Attached: 1526399095343.jpg (447x633, 151K)

139 million views in ~11 days... not worth it? more people watched than voted probably...

I mean I guess it's your right to ignore it but, it's recent and relevant, and you guys are smart, so why not?

more of the same old crap really.
hurr durr we need to stop and have an open dialogue on the state of the country
but here let me preemptively introduce the topics we will discuss and interject the way we will discuss them so as to not actually have an open discussion on the current state of the country.

Can you send me some of that cheese youse guys have? Nowhere here has even heard of it.
I've only been to Mexico City (shithouse) and Oaxaca, where else is good?

"Hunnid bands, hunnid bands, hunnid bands (hunnid bands)
Contraband, contraband, contraband (contraband)
I got the plug on Oaxaca (woah)
They gonna find you that blocka (blaow)"

>niggers being violent and killing other niggers
Yup, pretty much sums USA.

Sucks.

Hey I am watching this guy's video but I don't agree that glover is playing white america. I mean I know the guy who killed the church people was white, but I think maybe the message was just more about how all these bad things happen, and then we just forget about them because of the media.

If we were going off that premise, what do you think about that?

shut up copper miner our country is fuckin bitchin your just mad cause your jealous

THIS IS MY AIRCRAFT

Attached: 1525981703264.jpg (780x542, 76K)

This is the modern version of I Am The Walrus by The Beatles. It was written as a parody knowing that pretentious "intellectuals" would over analyze the meaning of nothing. We are in a post-symbolism era where your message is not as important as the analysis of it.

The good stuff is from the Tehuantepec area, also worm salt is a nice and spicy condiment perfect to take with either tequila or mezcal good thing is cheap as fuck, but you have to go to the little towns to find the better products

As in america have shit stationed in Oaxaca? not that I'm aware of
i don't completely understand the context of that sentence

In all the interviews with Glover he doesn't try to explain the video at all. he presents it as art and asks the viewer to draw their own meaning from it. I think that's a pretty class act for an artist, and it makes for a good discussion amongst like minded intellectuals.

this

As I understand it according to urbandictionary "blocka" is mimicing the sound of a gun, and a plug is like a person who can find you illegal stuff. So like, assassino or illegal weapons

I've heard about worm salt, that sounds rad. What's Tehuantepec cuisine all about?

here's my expression through a medium
oh what am I expressing? yeah no that's on you buddy. You gotta come up with the whole purpose of it being made and what is actually being expressed.
I'm an artist, I just make art dude.

> Thinking 'I am the Walrus' has no esoteric meaning
The absolute state of nupol

Who knows what niggers think? Better yet, who cares?

Attached: E5213935-C1CC-4403-9A1D-1E7BA7A008F0.jpg (600x437, 77K)

Just one day ago, major vocal contributor "BlocBoy JB" analyzed it like this

"What was your favorite part of the video?
When he shot the dude in the head and then he had the choir singing, that shit was so live! That shit is America. Motherfuckers are dying every day."

He didn't say white or black I mean I think you guys might be just a little sensitive on this topic I don't know if it's about us(white people).

I feel sorry for gen Z growing up with this for music. They're being programmed to be useless and weak.

I'm pretty sure that has been said about every generation's music, as it emerged.

Pink Floyd was an artistic band that often had political messages, so was crosby stills nash but i mean they were worth listening to, worth experiencing. I feel the same about this.

Pink Floyd and CSN wrote anti government, anti war crap. Niggerpop is literally the opposite, with welfare worship mixed in
youtube.com/watch?v=x7Wq8EQ3vYk

Attached: 1526171695391.jpg (445x303, 36K)

Well there is a lot of crime in the underground of the nation, as well a lot of corruption in the state goverment although this is more related to drug cartels, specially since Ulises Ruiz was governor, although this is more related to the political party associated with it again

Mostly is about meat, fish, corn, and condimented food
For example the Tlayuda is like a giant tostada almost the size of a medium pizza that primarily has beans, cheese and meat (usually beef or pork), or garnachas, that are small fried version of the Tlayuda with, lettuce, vinegar and sauce

Attached: TLAYUDAS-MEXICO-CREO-EN-TI.jpg (640x480, 77K)

fpbp.
> This is America to a fucking brainlet

The fact it is bad is actually relevant. I have never listened to him, but others that have said the style of the song was very out of character and almost mocking of the type of music it emulated.

.pic

My son is 15, his favourite band is Sabaton. Checkmate Bruce

Attached: negrofatigueflyer.jpg (1236x1600, 459K)

Looks gnarly, I'll see if I can get over there before WW3

I hated the video because there is literally nothing special about it, yet it gets completely disproportionate amount of hype.
The music sucks. The video is cheap but desperately trying to be 'smart' amd 'deep'. The main character is a filthy monkey which reminds me of the bad touch by bloodhound gang.
I do have to admit though - it opened my eyes to the taste of the masses. Lack of it to be precise.

>about the 100th time
I think people are giving this guy too much credit

>looking for deep philosophical meaning in some shit nigger video
Just hang yourself Jamal

Sage this shit.

Attached: Sage.jpg (700x466, 23K)

He's just another dumb nigger who needed a city in Mexico that "rhymed" with "blocka". Why the fuck would anyone with any intelligence care what some sub-human nigger does?

U L T R A C U C K

Attached: 1518966099736b.jpg (388x407, 120K)

looks like rat meat, rat shit, and rat barf

>watching nigger videos
Why?

Best response itt

Haven't seen it and I don't plan to.
Stop shilling this normie shit

all it is is his and a couple others who made the video's view of what America is or at least what is going on.
its nothing deep its about as shallow as you can make it.

i mean come on, niggers en masse know whats going on and you think its deep?

>implying rap is music

Attached: 5EA14C40-CE80-4E8E-9646-7D040DB283A5.jpg (750x936, 73K)

This isn't politics OR current events

It's popular because you were told it's popular.
Nothing in the video is coherent.
The video flashes subliminals about how dangerous black people and black culture is.
There is no deeper hidden meaning in anything. It's about black people killing black people.
If you think this is artistic you probably are retarded.

its current for US!!!

Attached: 1526236894938.png (568x720, 414K)

My initial thoughts after watching it was that I just saw a video of blacks shooting other blacks.

Negro killing negroes while shucking and jiving.

Nigger making Nigger music and a Nigger video of Niggers doing Nigger shit in their Nigger shithole. Hey