Death of the entry level job candidate

I've noticed a severe lack of entry level stuff. Everywhere wants 3 years + experience or they won't even look at you.It's very sad. I work in HR, and I have noticed as a whole, not company specific, that no one wants to take the time to bring you on and teach anymore. Its all sink or swim. Why?

Attached: IMG_3640.png (750x1334, 1.91M)

this is actually a lie. They are not actually looking for 3+ years of experience. IF they have this requirement usually they do this so they can report that they advertised the job before outsourcing, they will still see you for an interview if you are one of the only applicants.

Attached: 1522796294130.gif (338x207, 1.96M)

You can thank Reganism economics for that.

I have 10 years experience in my field and literally every job posting is for entry level so I have no where to go

I don't really get computers, do people just bullshit for years until they kind of get it?

>this is actually a lie. They are not actually looking for 3+ years of experience. IF they have this requirement usually they do this so they can report that they advertised the job before outsourcing, they will still see you for an interview if you are one of the only applicants.
Salsa on that claim?

Mostly

U really think most programmers use calc 2 and linear algebra? Ever? Nope..

(I mention these as higher math is like 50% of a comp sci degree)

Same user as Just learn ASP.NET, SQL, and HTML/CSS

This, they’ll ask for unreasonable requirements for a low paying entry level job because they know no one will even try. Then they can hand it to a pajeet for cheaper.

depends on the field. HR is overflowing as its a popular choice for women who think theyre gonna make a difference in the world

I figure its because accountability among young people doesn't exist anymore, and so they'd rather bar you from entry and overwork their current staff than hire you when you won't even show up for the 1st day. But this is in construction, which can't be outsourced because you have to physically be here.

If an employer is dishonest about something as simple as hiring criteria, that's not the kind of place you'd want to work, anyway. If they'll lie about that, they'll lie about everything else and will have no hesitation to screw you over on the job if it helps them in any minor way.

>blaming all milenials for the actions of some.
thank you based shlomo

happens everywhere. the entire ecom team at my corp got fired to fund a feminist ad campaign

>being aware of this fact is jewish
I've seen enough myself, and heard enough stories talking to my superiors and business owners to know this is a huge contribution to the issue. I'm fairly low income and I've worked with some of the biggest idiots that can't even grasp the simple concept of listening. Maybe you haven't seen the lows of society because you're white collar, but you're an ignorant faggot to think this isn't the norm.

3+ years experience is on their wish list, but they will hire you if they can’t find someone with 3+ years experience. Just when it was a bad economy you may have had to start at a lower pay rate. Problem is millennials are pussies and too afraid to apply for a job they’re not “qualified” for.

My expanding communications company is BEGGING for employees offering up to 110k starting salary but can't find any applicants whatsoever. Fucking pussies.

No experience or knowledge necessary, you learn it all in training. What's wrong with tide pod millenials?

Attached: 0437665F-D44E-4884-94A1-D93F33987508.jpg (800x579, 62K)

If I told you how many old useless boomers I'm surrounded by.... and yes most of them are women, long divorced because they were not haaaapyyy. Now they are old roasties who will stay in their jobs until the Grim Reaper dares to sully his sickle on them.

its not easy, ive all but given up.
Ive a comfy part time job in a jewellers, which is enough to pay rent and sustain life but theres zero scope for social mobility, so ive been on the lookout for work elsewhere for 8 months now and theres fk all available.
I wanted to see if learning to code was a legit way out and id dont think it is, not unless youre talking 5+ years. i tested the water with some applications to ongoing vacancies, faked experience mimicking what the cv would look like after putting together a portfolio and some meme online courses id realistically have to go through. the responses for even entry level work were null, so I havent made an inch of effort down that route if no replies are to be expected.
skilled trades are the answer, its not easy but theres 100% well paid work on the other side

it was a big deal in austrailia within the last year or six months or so

>Be certified in Fiber Optic Installation
>Companies mostly hire at entry level
>My company will hire anyone who's smart enough to know their own name
>Train dudes with no experience to do anything guys whove been around ten years can do
>Get paid a little more cuz I have fancy card that says I know my job
>Get paid a little extra more because I'm a lead

Isn't this what most companies actually do?

I understand some jobs only want experienced people. But God damn I love getting fucking new guys with potential. Don't have to deal with the cocky fucks who have 10 years experience in a simple job feild who get butthurt when you ask them to dress a 90 with 0 gaps.

It was like this as long as I can remember, going back to the early 90s, years of 'experience' required for anything that takes more that 30 minute to learn.

When degrees are worthless you need experience. It's all bullshit though. Just give an IQ test

we need a /job/ board to help people here get hired because there are a lot of missed opportunities here.

Is it ironic that the company I work for that invented fiber optic has regular network outages?

it would get overrun extremely fast with propaganda/disinfo. there's a reason why it's basically impossible to have a platform while encouraging young people to get into trades/engineering. mike rowe tries his damnedest and barely gets any air time for it.

A little bit.
That's pretty gold though.

So much this

Is there a more formal source I can use to read up on this topic?

The 3+ years of experience came about with 4 year degrees. Ignore it if you have actual experience and a portfolio if your industry requires. When they sit you down for an interview and you know what your talking about that little stipulation won't matter.

Minimum wage and subsidized college causes this. Too many are going through college and there are fewer jobs due to the price control the government has for labor (minimum wage). It's pretty easy to understand once you understand how supply and demand works. Leftist are fucking retarded when it comes to economics so they don't understand any of this and just want gibs for niggers and themselves.

>I work in HR
You are the problem.

post the link and i'll apply

upward mobility doesnt really depend on your experience or education. In any job there is a set of responsibilities and the more of those responsibilities you can steal away from your boss the higher you will rise. your boss might even be a complete dick but that doesnt matter, take on as much extra responsibilities as you can.
But it has to be in a submissive way. You can subdue any boss by doing exactly what he wants exactly how he wants it done. Dont interject with your ideas, dont say "but wouldnt it be better if xyz.." just shut up and do what he says. If he sees you fulfilling your duties reliably and above the standard you will be given more duties.
If you do it right, they often wont even notice how important youve become to them, This is when you seeking advancement, ie raise, promotion, privilige. They will have little choice but to appease, just dont get too greedy

Yeah, post the link you massive fag.

it's copypasta

Oh...fuck me.

Problem is not minimum wage but illegals, migrants and work visa pajets.

Oh btw, AVOID TEMP. They will drop you for no reason.

hm checked the archives and its a pasta, thanks bud

Its literally not hard to get a job anywhere
>get your bachelors
>get entry level job making 30-40k
>work on your masters for a few years while working bullshit job
>get good job
its not that hard
>got cj degree on loans
>work as officer for the university after grad
>university pays for me to get my masters
>mean while live with grandmother while all money goes to paying off student loans from bachelors
>3 years after starting job now have masters and experience
>get a fucking amazing job
>make six figures now with no debt

I just ignore all that shit, because everybody knows you don't really need a Bachelors degree and five years' experience for a filing job. The secret is to put in an application and if you get a courtesy interview, request an actual manager instead of HR, they understand that they're just going to teach you how to do everything.

>work as officer for the university after grad
>university pays for me to get my masters
Pretty much where I'm at, but not at the university I'm getting my certifications. I'm not interested in a masters and I don't really need one to do what I want to do.

This

Attached: 1504834299607s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Yea I forgot to add that. It's also a big problem for similar reasons. All the leftist bullshit compounds to cause a shitty time for us.

Apply anyway
Worked for me. I started making $16/hr when I was 19 and have been given regular raises ever since. In the same place for five years, I’m about to leverage my current position to a similar but higher paying another company
>itt brainlets who think words matter because meanie hr said so

If they ask for 3 years of experience and you have 2, you are your own enemy for not applying anyway. You retards think they’d go “oh well he hits all of our other requirements, too bad we can hire him”?
Fucking idiots

just put some bullshit like you mowed lawns

>Its literally not hard to get a job anywhere
>just go to college for 7 years and incur tens of thousand of dollars of debt
>make sure to have a family member living nearby who won't charge you rent or anything
>it's not that hard bro

Also, learn to use LinkedIn and go to things like business networking functions and Chamber of Commerce meetings. Shit is not going to come to you.

It will be communist Jow Forums. and here's why it's a good thing.

the only thing anyone can argue that is hard about that entire story is free rent. Suck a fucking dick for free rent during your time in college to save money if it means 50+ years of living good. My bachelors only costed my 22k total. Thats a car payment for 3 years. Or fuck if you want to stretch it its literally chump change every month. Ya'll are the ones that complain about how hard it is to get far in the world but also the ones that go "too much work" when you hear about how the rest of us got here.

The economy is shit and workers have no power. Plus illegals, visa abuse and c operate greed. Most jobs don't pay what they should and we have no industry, just bullshit service jobs like retailers. The end is coming just not fast enough

Nope milinials are fucking lazy faggots.
Piss easy job I have and people still refuse to show up.

>I work in HR

Chastise someone for something completely innocuous and claim that as experience.

I've got a high school degree and I make 70k a year because I went to a cigar lounge at the same time my current boss did. Work smarter, not harder fag.

Literally what I did my first job at sixteen.

I was in that boat for years. Was too over qualified and worth more than they were allowed to offer by a large margin. Said, "fuck it" and learned to day trade on the markets before I got too poor to put enough capital in. Now I have a few hobby jobs to help deal with down weeks/months on my trading P/L.

No shit. It's been that way for years.

It's why the H1 visa programs are a scam. Even one of the legislators that initially designed it is now against them because of this. They post stupid requirements and fail to fill the job willfully for long enough to claim "we can't get skilled workers" then they import a bunch of untalented poos for LESS than market value. I honestly don't know how someone hasn't been smart enough to get this taken to the supreme court. They are importing a foreign asset without paying the import duty. They are flooding a market with a cheap good to tank its demand, and the import duty is effectively pushed onto the workforce through their now lower wages.

Very simple. Life itself is about sink or swim, why should work be any different?

>be another untalented faggot who calls themselves an engineer when they can't engineer shit from dick
The human asset market doesn't need more mediocre dipshits flooding the supply side.

I've been teaching myself Angular and Spring frameworks. I haven't applied to anywhere yet because I'm not finished learning, but I hope someone will hire me and teach me what I need to know. There are a lot of open developer positions in the NYC area, but they all ask for knowledge in so much different shit.

>Anonymous
post link

wow congrats you make double the poverty threshold. Have fun raising a family on that I guess. Also have fun with that 30 year mortgage on that 3 bedroom house. Send me a postcard too of that large retirement fund when it comes time to use it.

I always wonder if the reason why so many games have unnecessarily complicated formulas is because of a frustrated developer trying to justify how much time they wasted learning useless math.

Everyone says it. America has this problem. America has that problem. America has a lot of problems. A LOT. In fact, America has ALL the problems. Its is the way it is and it's been this way since we started. It just so happens to be that we're not ashamed we like it this way.

Gives us something to do.

What

I work for Amazon and our turn over rate is 97%. We get paid 13 an hour for such a brain dead job. Yet people quit because it's mind numbing

Stop with this shitty pasta.

Same thing happened to me when I graduated in 2006 with an EE degree. Everyone wanted 5 years plus experience. So what I did was just apply to anything and everything, took a shit technician job in a factory for 2 years and kept looking for opportunities. Finally got hired as a titled engineer at a major company. Judt keep at it, trust me, what you think your career is going to be right now and what it actually ends up being are going to be 2 totally different things.

I literally give no fucks. I don't care how many years of experience they ask for I just apply to EVERYTHING. I put skills on my resume that I have spend maybe a week learning just so I know enough to bullshit my way through the interview. The problem is that the Boomers are so fucking greedy that they totally gutted on-the-job training so they could buy an extra Corvette and yacht, and then have the balls to report that there is a "skills shortage" in America.

Attached: 1526265677129.jpg (566x581, 101K)

Federal gov't HR manager here, I'm actually currently reworking my agency's organizational structure and hiring plans to specifically ONLY hire recent graduates and promote internally for the future. Our hiring and hr management has been complete garbage for decades and it's taken me a year to work through all the garbage and bad records to get to the point where I can plan for the future.