Is higher education a scam?

>be me
>graduate with a psych degree (meme)
>start preparing for GRE cause meme degree stays in meme status unless Graduate school is reached
>realize meme degree didn't prepare you for GRE math
>realise the math isn't hard and I am just retarded
>begin to question if grad school is also just meme
>consider just taking up full time work and work to make 60-80 k a year
>consume information I want to consume be happy and find waifu

What should be course of action anons?

Should strive for higher education or is graduate school just the final step in (((their))) indoctrination?

Attached: IMG-20180517-WA0001.jpg (234x334, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2g4SUJksrpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't blame others because you chose stupid

Thing about grad school is if you're paying for it you're doing it wrong. Find a program that you like and find an assistantship alongside it.

Never did blame others. I think I may have made a mistake and want to see if I am correct in thinking so

No way you will make $60-80k with your degree. You're delusional. That said, higher education is a racket. And education selects for obedience. Just wake up and realize your life is not what you thought it would be. Good luck working in a call center.

Attached: 1513657266291.jpg (312x308, 137K)

What did "that said" add to your comment?

This. If you're not getting someone else to pay for grad school (school, employer etc.), you shouldn't be going to grad school in the first place

Dropped out of college after one year. 10 years later and I make 70k, more than enough for me.

Because me telling him he was delusional to think he'd make that much money with his undergrad degree might have led him to believe I was promoting the alternative he presented, or grad school. In fact, I was nog, so I said, "that said". Are you fucking autistic and retarded?

Attached: 1500833476142.jpg (1600x1175, 338K)

What do you do user?

It's a mistake if you make it one. I know people with meme degrees who have small empires. If one has the grit to grind through the bullshit, one will likely succeed.

Sales rep for a major snack company

Been doing this 6 years now

The beta college student thinks that learning things and simply graduating will get you a job. The alpha college student knows that only connections matter in this day and age

what would you define as that? all the schools I'm looking at offer stipends upon admission

I don't know how else you want me to simplify it other than don't pay for grad school, or at worst, pay a small amount. A stipend is a good start, but you should also shoot for tuition waivers or get an employer to pay

Fucking reading comprehension of these cheese burgers.

>bragging about 70,000

LMAO

Currently set up to get half tuition waiver and about 2k a month on a half time assistantship. Its cushy and if I live frugally I could dump a good amount of debt upon graduation via savings.

It will set me up to earn a lot more upon graduation in a field I like.

>Is higher education a scam?
it is now, yes. also checked.

Attached: college 2.png (1224x737, 500K)

70k is good money unless you live in so.e urban shithole

most people with psych bachelors wind up with $17/hr jobs

shut your impoverished hole, 3rd worlder

when people choose bullshit degrees and take it easy for 4 years they reap what they sow

Far too many psychology majors are circulating than there are jobs. I think you should try to get some biz dev (basically sales) skills into the mix, your psych background MIGHT help, and it will definitely help with you being basically useless and unemployable. It might be hard to find an employer, but if you can hype your own sales anybody will take you on.

Real question, is a degree in Zoology a meme? I'm torn between that and Materials Science and I'm off to Uni in a year

You should have enlisted to pay for college. I'm in my second to last grad school class, and I haven't paid a dime. They even pay most of my rent. It's pretty great.

Attached: 1284186346233.jpg (814x294, 32K)

just get a tutor and study the math. Get into psyche and make it not retarded liberal drivel

I also work for a big international company. was offered cushion full time but declined to finish meme

Try to get into materials engineering.

Yea I want to get into the neuroscience diciplin. there is no time for sjw propoganda and

>much feelings

when you are just observing how the brain operates

how does one get a waiver? I'm not an elite so I can't get school paid 100% nor am I dirt poor so I don't get how I would get waiver 100%. I haven't applied for scholarships so maybe that's my problem

this

Yes, it produces too many muddle headed feminists.

youtube.com/watch?v=2g4SUJksrpE

Attached: 1526038751411.jpg (1024x919, 212K)

you don't 90 percent of Jow Forums is hyperbole. unless you are affiliated with a large corporate firm you are probably not going to get paid to get a masters (probably MBA). I just pay out of pocket for mine and work during the day and go to class at night. its in historic preservation though so its somewhat of a meme degree, except I will be helpful as a historian of fabrication techniques and building styles. trying to get back into residental renovation as well but who knows, might just end up back at some wagecuck job it the economy shits the bed (again)

ITT: other inbred yokel retards form a safe space so they can bitch about ed-juh-muh-kay-shin because their hilariously tiny "brains" don't like all that fancy learnin'

Attached: 1526030131019.jpg (450x488, 44K)

Most grad degrees in Psych won't help you too much. Only one I can think of that will help you is Social Work. And if you've worked in that even a bit you know how shitty that deal is.

I just feel like spending hours in a lab would be boring, and that animals would provide a kind of stimulus

I was thinking of going a cert 3 in administration, wont be hard as I've done 3 years in a job like that already. Can literally RPL the course, hardly pay a thing or study anything, get a qualification.

But university is a joke these days, wouldn't go there

There are literally jobs asking for uni degrees to simply fill shelves at grocery stores these days on $22/hr.

Likfe wtf, I can get an office job with a cert 3 at $30/hr

State university. Might wanna look into a field not psych. Im going into higher ed admin.

What the fuck are you retarding about?

Attached: 1502361483585.jpg (380x405, 21K)

grad school is literally 'a graduate degree sounds nice so maybe ill get one'

>cletus' first attempt at being incognito among the other yokel dumb fucks

retards are such cute little critters when they try to do big boy things

Attached: 1513896429967.jpg (736x522, 31K)

Dude just don't get yourself scared about the math - you can process all stats math through SPSS or r. You're just being a scared cunt and getting so triggered that you're posting on a Jewish White Genocide forum. Take a few deep breaths, realize that most meme degree grad students take a bit of a hit when they first start having to apply their research & stats concepts. Meme degrees are meme degrees because it takes NO effort or diligence to get a Credit grade average. Read The Culture of Critique if you want to get inspired, because Kevin MacDonald is the ultimate example of what you can do with Psych grad status.

Best of luck, and maybe we shall meet some day after the DOTR gets rid of all the shabbasgoyim psychologists.

Attached: 1007293.jpg (321x475, 28K)

You'r an nigger.

Very inspiring and comforting. Thank you anons much praise

Attached: 1523993049439.gif (245x147, 885K)

Thank you for reminding me why I hate people.
>I wanna go to college to play with cute animals and lab work is too hard OMG xd

Attached: 1526384405046.jpg (813x1019, 103K)

For psych - in fact most meme degrees - it's pretty important, at least in Australia. Clinical Psychologists for example need a Masters. Anything less is babby's first therapist, but even that requires fourth year + supervision.
No problem, definitely want to inspire people on these types of forums to get grad-status in meme undergrad areas. Recent research shows that only 1 in 13 Psychologists in the US describe themselves as "right wing". Further, many of those 12 of 13 lefties will actually deny you a grant/research co-op if they find out you're a right winger.
This is why I'm glad we have figures like Jared Taylor (Philosophy+Economics, but still), Dr. Kevin MacDonald... and even... dare I say it... Jurden Petersonberg. At least it will shift the paradigm if enough people start seeing successful examples of right-wing academia. In fact, I'd say the suppression of right wing academia is the reason the "yokel" vision of right wingers is so prevalent.

Attached: index.jpg (180x279, 9K)

>You'r an

get a load of that dumb fuck retard ed-juh-muh-kay-shin.

Attached: 1519599383122.png (600x580, 450K)

That's a freaking cool program. What did you do before? I have a bachelor's in biochemistry but realized medical school and being a doctor sounds terrible after wasting way too much time and money so I'm just treading water until something inspires me. I don't think it's ever going to happen desu

Don't mean to burst your bubble but political tests and many people tell me I'm a "classical liberal" if not slightly conservative.

However I do agree that more right/conservative ideology should be pushed. Even though I had some redpilled professors they were always very discreet about it

Well, that's all I care about. The freedom of discussion on both sides of the spectrum. A truly free marketplace of ideas would look very different to what we have now. I genuinely believe that what we have now is borderline academic Bolshevism.