What's the argument against increasing school security?

What's the argument against increasing school security?

Attached: 1525071552689.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

officer.com/tactical/swat/news/21005412/dixon-illinois-school-resource-officer-mark-dallas-stops-gunman-during-shootout-on-campus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

libs don't want the ''good guy with a gun'' theory to be proven true even though they think only cops should have guns.
If it doesn't involve gun confiscation from the GOP, they don't want any other alternative.

school shootings further the liberal agenda so they wish for as many as possible.

We need to ban the internet for anyone under 18. It's where they're picking up these ideas.

That it shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

police are fallible
arming more people just increases the likelihood of shootings rather than decrease the number of deadly conflicts

kids shooting up schools aren't deterred by consequences, they either want to make the paper once before they off themselves or are so deranged there is no reasonable logic behind them

(I don't actually believe this)

Human life decreases in intrinsic value the more populated the contry, realistically school shootings aren't a serious issue.

Okay, but while the debate is being held, why not increase security?

More violence.
Is there something wrong with violence?

Attached: 1282875759103.png (241x230, 17K)

Attached: 9CBD64F7-D7BF-43D9-95CE-564EC1E02CC8.jpg (550x721, 51K)

the image of a jumpy security officer or hungover social studies teacher with a glock on their hip that sees a fight break out and decides THIS is the time for a hero

by increasing the total number of firearms in schools you increase the chance someone is going to have a bad day or misinterpret something as a threat and accidentally shoot an innocent

that is the real reason, the possibility of an innocent child being killed by a well meaning or frightened school-officer becomes a very real threat when a traditional school shooter is supposed to be a freak accident

Not needed if you home school your own kids.

But there are already usually at least one officer located at schools, why doesn't what you said ever happen?

It means their "ban guns" argument loses traction

a trained school officer hasn't done that, true
but to increase security you either need to spend massively more to employ more police to sit on their asses 99.99% of the time or allow 'other staff' to carry
that is what scares people
also, why hasn't that officer ever stopped a shooting?
would two officers be enough? or twenty?

Money should be of no consequence. It's not like the Left cares about government spending.
>also, why hasn't that officer ever stopped a shooting?
They have, many times. In fact, almost all the time.
would two officers be enough? or twenty?
I'd say every school needs to officers on campus at all times and then you add one for every 250 students.

Spoiled kids don't their rights taken away, just everyone else's.

That's dumb. It shouldn't be necessary in the same way airbags shouldn't be necessary. You should be the perfect driver but until then you should be safe. Just in case.

>They have, many times. In fact, almost all the time.
I would challenge this statement
I can sense you'll say something along the lines of
>shootings that don't happen because of school security intervention don't get reported as school shootings
to which I don't think anyone has any real evidence to prove
besides, does the number of officers correlate to the amount of shootings?
or is it the availability of guns?

Schools were prisons enough when I got out over 20 years ago.
Prisons make people insane.

Here's a recent one.
officer.com/tactical/swat/news/21005412/dixon-illinois-school-resource-officer-mark-dallas-stops-gunman-during-shootout-on-campus
>besides, does the number of officers correlate to the amount of shootings?
Ask any in charge of critical infrastructure security, more guards and more guns means more security.
>or is it the availability of guns?
see

So let the inmates run the asylum?