Followers of Christ General

No pagan catholic or orthodox ideologies please! In this thread we worship only the Lord Christ, and recognize only the authority of the Lord most High!

How has Christianity bettered your life? Have you been blessed through a lifetime of faith, or wavered in your path? How has the beauty and darkness of this world shown you the glories of the Creator and Redeemer?

Through exploring my faith after years of sin and idolatry in my early adulthood, I found the answers I once believed did not exist and found joy and bliss in places where I had once only found pain. I learned of the beauty of Mankind as a creation in the image of the Lord and a reflection of His glory, and learned to love my fellow man as a brother in Christ and in Creation.

Attached: snowy house.jpg (1152x864, 770K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-iU9kf2EHJw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Linus
ewtn.com/library/councils/v1.htm#6
gotquestions.org/origin-Catholic-church.html
youtu.be/ys4Nx0rNlAM
youtube.com/watch?v=oG54YNkPVAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why are people afraid of the facts about jews?
youtube.com/watch?v=-iU9kf2EHJw -

Fuck off christfag

I used to be a gay prostitute who worked for hits of meth. Luckily I was saved a local church's homeless outreach program.

I now have a stable job washing dishes at the local Denny's and have found a loving girlfriend who I hope to some day marry.

Addiction and gayness is a choice and only those who accept Christ as their savior can be rid of those demons.

Salvation is possible for all of us.

>Addiction and gayness is a choice and only those who accept Christ as their savior can be rid of those demons.
Thanks user, I agree. I used to be a pretty lowlife piece of scum too, from degenerate sex and fantasies to general lowlife thievery and vandalism and escaping into the bottle at the end of every day.
Only through Christ have I understood how to live adn to cherish life after all the redpills I've swallowed.

>No pagan catholic or orthodox ideologies please!
Orth. Only

Catholics and Orthodox were the first Christians

>things that trigger Protstitutes

Attached: thorns3.jpg (592x394, 135K)

>Catholic church wasn't organized until hundreds of years after the Crucifixion
>the first Christians
kek my dude what
The first Christians were much more akin to modern nondenominational congregations, what you'd call Protestants merely because you call any non-priesthood-worshipper a protestant.

Priesthood was never an organized authority in the early church, outside Peter the apostles merely spread the word of the Lord as missionaries not as authority figures. The sin of Catholicism lies in idolatry and recognition of authority of mortal men on this earth rather than authority resting solely in the Lord most High.

The Catholic Church started on the first Pentecost, as described in Acts

Why yes you're right, I had neglected that verse that says "And then the apostles just randomly decided to make themselves Holy authorities over their fellow men's salvation, and dictators and editors of Holy Scripture with authority to command men to worship figures other than the Lord God. And then Jesus came up to them and highfived them, and said it was, like, fuckin' cool and stuff man."

Haha holy shit you Catholicucks literally just make shit up, I might as well point to the Pyramids and say "America was founded ten thousand years ago, because we use pyramids on our currency and the Egyptians built pyramids specifically to honor us."

Attached: ron paul esta pasando.jpg (1042x654, 202K)

From probably the only Bible translation that you accept:

Matthew 16

>18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You'll have to point out to me in that passage, where the Lord gives the same authority to anyone who stands up and says they're a continuation of Peter's line despite Peter himself never granting them his specific authorities or position.

Again, more of "It never says we CAN'T wuz keys to the kingdom, so we wuz keys to the kingdom" - Sad!

Attached: tw decisions.jpg (525x534, 72K)

It says right in the passage I quoted that Jesus grants Peter the authority to determine the structure of the Christian church on earth

>And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Haha holy shit, you're not even answering my question as to how that authority passed from him. You can't just spontaneously declare yourself the heir to another man's estate 400 years after he dies.

Furthermore, even if you did, the Bible is full of tales of priests and leaders granted Holy authority who proceeded to damn themselves through their idolatry and adulteries. The Papacy has beyond a shadow of a doubt done exactly that, even if we grant that they were the original heirs of Peter's authority.

Peter chose Linus to succeed him. Linus is also in the Bible, as well as a few others Popes as well, as it says on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Linus

>as it says on Wikipedia
>Papists have no higher authority to base their claims off than Wikipedia
well it looks like I've been beat.

>disputes my source rather than my claim

You can also look in the Bible at the places wikipedia says, to see that it mentions those Popes. Jesus Christ granted Peter the authority to structure the Church, and Peter created bishops and the Papacy.

>Peter created the Papacy
haha holy shit
>being this delusional
The c*tholics just retroactively declared Peter and several other early leaders "Popes," again it would be just as if America posthumously declared a bunch of random British kings "American Presidents" in order to make the claim that America was the only true British authority. Peter's authority in the Church doesn't make him a Pope, and to say otherwise is to rewrite church history to fit your political agenda. Do you even read the Bible or do you just repeat what your bishop says?

The end draws near friends, keep your lamps full.

I've literally been telling you to read the Bible and quoting the Bible this whole time, while you haven't done it a single time. Holy shit you're dumb

And I fail to see a single verse that grants anyone save Peter any authority upon this Earth. Meanwhile, your Pope is off in Europe jerking off Somalis and saying that when a Muslim rapes a Christian woman it's a divine sign that we need to allow more refugees into our nations.

As I said, Jesus Christ gave Peter the authority to bind and loose. Peter created the Church with the structure of bishops and the Pope, and you can see evidence of this in Paul's letters to various dioceses in the Bible. Peter himself ran the church from Rome, and appointed Linus (who is mentioned in 2 Timothy, yet not Pope at the time) to succeed him. This is accepted in Heaven, as Jesus Christ had given Peter the authority to do this. By extension, through what we call Apostolic Succession, this authority has been transferred down from Pope to Pope through the ages down to the present Pope, Pope Francis.

I get that you don't like him, but there are actual valid reason not to like him so I don't see the need to invent fictions based on your cuckold masturbation fantasies.

Praise yeshua the king of the jews

God is great
Beer is good
And people are crazy

Praise Jesus Christ my brothers and sisters!
All glory to God!
Amen!

something about this scene is not comfy at all.

And doesn't it just make the Bible come alive to realise that these are actual real people who lived at one time? Here it is, a small glimpse, from 2 Timothy 4:

>21 Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren

From the context you can see that Linus is travelling with Paul after having left Miletus on the way to Rome (see pic for Paul's journeys)

Attached: Paul's 4 Missionary Journeys.01.jpg (1600x1023, 586K)

I was blessed to survive a wreck that caused me to bleed out, and my heart to stop three times. God is real bros. I would greentext my visions in death, but that will not lead others to Christ.

You must accept him as your Lord and savior brothers. I'd rather be right than wrong as it pertains to the Lamb of God! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Praise his name!

Praise his name!
Amen!

>bind and loose

Bind and loose was for all christians who have the holy ghost , the holyghost is authority not le pope

>A Brother who Sins
…17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19Again, I tell you truly that if two of you on the earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven.…

No, he's talking to Peter

>Follows Christ
>Isn't with the church he founded
Are you lost, user?

I get all that but do you believe in the papal infallibility part? The catholic church is no stranger to corruption and many of the traditions in the catholic church aren't biblical and seemed to have a lot of similarity with Roman pagan traditions of their times.

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

In the text you already see when two agree , cognitive dissonance much?

I thought maybe a nice conversation would be cooking here. But the the idol worshiper came and threw poop like a monkey in a zoo. Maybe next time. Blasted leaf.

Also in the text peter came to him , so jesus is talking to peter and then peter came to him ? Papist logic

>15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

>19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

(Romans 12:14-21)

>21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?

>because the church started after protestants inherited all sacremental and liturgical tradition from catholic and orthodox churches

wow, i'm not even religious and I think this is dumb

the absolute state of protecucks

Yes, it's basically where what quoted from Matthew 18 comes together with the other declaration from Matthew 16 on binding and loosing. From Vatican I:

>Therefore, faithfully adhering to the tradition received from the beginning of the Christian faith, to the glory of God our savior, for the exaltation of the Catholic religion and for the salvation of the Christian people, with the approval of the Sacred Council, we teach and define as a divinely revealed dogma that when the Roman Pontiff speaks EX CATHEDRA, that is, when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church, he possesses, by the divine assistance promised to him in blessed Peter, that infallibility which the divine Redeemer willed his Church to enjoy in defining doctrine concerning faith or morals. Therefore, such definitions of the Roman Pontiff are of themselves, and not by the consent of the Church, irreformable.

ewtn.com/library/councils/v1.htm#6

So if the Pope says that something that is an implicit teaching of the Church ought to become an explicit teaching, he is free of error in doing so. It's far from a dictatorial or arbitrary power

It's because there are no trees so the wind would be very cold

Well I mean, Jesus does say "you are Peter" so that kind of implies he's talking to Peter

C*tholics are worse than atheists, at least atheists can often be brought to see that the church is not what their Reddit boards tell them it is.

>because the church started after protestants inherited all sacremental and liturgical tradition from catholic and orthodox churches
What are you talking about? There's nothing to inherit from a heretical 'church'. Calling all non-C*tholics 'protestant' is a rather silly thing you do, anyways. Baptists are a continuation of the earliest Christian church, predating even the Apostles in the tradition of John the Baptist who declared the coming of the Christ.

Protestants are theologically illiterate.

Thank you, brother. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

>claims legitimacy from John the Baptist
>the head of John the Baptist is now resting in a Catholic Church

KEKED

Attached: 800px-St_johns_head.jpg (800x1067, 209K)

Another questions I have of Catholicism is the praying to saints and Mary part. Isn't this a pagan practice? I have never read verses in the Bible that promotes this practice. I grew up in a protestant home so maybe I'm misguided about what Roman Catholicism is about.

>gotquestions.org/origin-Catholic-church.html

Also does this article give a fair representation of the Catholic Church?

Attached: 1506122257321.jpg (354x404, 28K)

I don't get why you worship a kike, yet hate them, and the religion you believe in is based on jewish ideology, yet even the Jews don't believe in the kike. Weird shit, but whatever keeps you from murdering, stealing and being a shit human.

>The first Christians were much more akin to modern nondenominational congregations
youtu.be/ys4Nx0rNlAM

A-are deists allowed?

>You can't just spontaneously declare yourself the heir to another man's estate 400 years after he dies.
That is literally what you are doing you dumbfuck

MIND VIRUS

Attached: 1505918912585.jpg (880x762, 351K)

yes that is earlier retard

Matthew 16:19
>I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

John 20:23
>If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld."

Matthew 18:18

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Daily reminder Jow Forums belongs to Jesus

>muh peter is da church
No, the fact that Jesus is the son of God is the rock. The stone the builders rejected.

Indeed brother indeed! He is a gracious, merciful, and loving God!

God bless you.

No, it's a Biblical practice. I have to get to bed soon so I can't create a post on it right now, but I can recommend this video on it, which I've watched, that gives a good explanation. The same guy also makes other videos on topics that a lot of people are curious about with Catholicism.

youtube.com/watch?v=oG54YNkPVAE

Lots of issues with that. Firstly, the first paragraph is a mix of sola scriptura as well as ignoring the scriptural basis for a lot of Catholic practices. I can't go digging into scripture to find some relevant parts right now since I have to get to bed, so I have to leave it at that for this one.

Second, it assumes incorrectly that Constantine was a cynical manipulator rather than a real believer in Christianity. Consider that at the time Christianity was bitterly divided between the Catholics and the Arians, even violently so. Hardly a religion with unifying potential (if he was going for that he would have picked Mithraism or Manichaeism). Then at Nicea, Constantine was interested in finding out who was right, the Catholics or the Arians. It wasn't about who was more powerful or who could unify the Empire better, Constantine believed in Christ and he wanted the truth. So the bishops debated.

Third, it was Jesus Christ who told us to partake in the Eucharist at the Last Supper. If this a resemblance to Mithraism, then maybe we should think that Mitharism got so popular to begin with because it almost arrived at the truth of the Eucharist, but not quite. The number 7 is something I don't consider significant. There are also 7 colours in the rainbow, 7 wonders of the world, 7 lettered musical notes, etc. Of course you will find 7 in many places.

Fourth, the saints are not pagan gods, they are real people who lived at a particular time and in a particular place. There is only one God. The video I posted above in this same post also deals with this.

I hope this is a satisfactory response

Good night to everyone

>the saints are not pagan gods
>but we pray to them
>praying to someone who is not a god
You're a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites who don't even understand the words you speak, and the vast majority of you don't even read the Bible. The Church has literally sold, for sinful Man's gold, what it tells you is salvation and what it preaches is given to you by another mortal man rather than God Himself in a New Covenant solely between the faithful and Himself.

You're a bunch of heathens and literally serving the Fallen, whether consciously or no. I beg you repent, not for my sake but for your own, before you see the loss of your own glorious salvation at the end of days.

You do not pray to them you motherfucking prot heretic, you ask for intercession. Go read any cathechism. You ask that they pray for you and tell your worries to god.

Attached: 1483860002947.png (1000x572, 475K)

>intercession
That's the most heretical thing I've ever heard. What right does any mortal man have, to tell the Lord most High who to save and who to damn? To tell the Lord Christ who to forgive and who to reject?
We are specifically told, by the Christ Himself, that we are given through the Spirit a direct connection to the Lord most High and need no longer a priest or any other figure to intercede for us. To pray to any man, dead or alive, is to directly tell the Lord Christ that His words are optional and we choose to disobey.

No where in the bible does it suggest that the authority given to Peter to build the church would be passed down to anybody else. You guys made this up. Constantine was a Sun god worshiper, and turned the doctrines of Yehoshua into pagan practices. Daniel prophesied against Constantine and the Catholic church. Look it up.

Not Catholic, but gotquestions is run by radical Calvinist kooks. Take their answers with caution.

Stop comparing my savior to the long-nose tribe Ashkenazi "13th tribe" posers that descended from the Caucus steps in ~450A.D. to Jerusalem and declared themselves the Jews of the Bible. Seriously, don't. Really getting sick of this "Jews in the Bible = ((jews)) today" meme.

The Jews of the Bible were mostly ran out during the first sack of Jerusalem by Nero in ~60A.D. By 135A.D. all but a vanishingly small remnant remained.

Attached: 1519418283108.jpg (640x782, 44K)

allegedly

Attached: Screenshot_20180519-052842_01.jpg (1021x1019, 444K)

this turned into a protestant vs catholic shitshow really fast, as always

the jew is satisfied