How does one fix modern politics?

How does one fix modern politics?

Modern politics boils down to:
>Calling your opponent a traitor
>Never backing down or compromising
>Polarizing the populace as much as possible

Obviously these methods work the best in current election methods, but what can be changed to make parties more willing to actually argue and develop policies together with the opposition?

Attached: 1523746176927.jpg (619x449, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kill and eat op.

Attached: Capturekjkjk.jpg (654x375, 28K)

If you're referring to the US, it is most likely too late to reverse the problem. What really needs to happen is the decline to accelerate quicker so that we actually have a rough period to emotionally unify the country around before the remaining whites are all gone. If the country falls apart with mexicans/blacks as the dominant population it will not be able to recover as they simply are not productive enough.

>What really needs to happen is the decline to accelerate quicker so that we actually have a rough period to emotionally unify the country around
So this means every 50 years or so democratic countries should descend into chaos? That's not a solution.

>Calling your opponent a traitor
Compromising your constituency is tantamount to betrayal, call it what it is.
>Never backing down or compromising
We've already compromised on a constitution. Further compromising will take away our inherent right for each citizen to have a republican form of government.
>Polarizing the populace as much as possible.
Who?

This is how;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarism

The likelihood that any two people who can communicate ideas efficiently will share common ancestry supports the idea that as people spontaneously organize into social groups will do so by a shared identity that has evolved by natural selection

What actions are you referring to? I'm not pointing at specific act or a person, but this is how modern politics work.

>How does one fix modern politics?
That is what war is for.

>what can be changed to make parties more willing to actually argue and develop policies together with the opposition?
Removal of one or both of the two major parties.

Trump tried to make peace but the hilldawg wouldn't let go.

War is politics, and vice versa. The agreements we come to, be it a law, a funding of a road, or any other action comes from the threat of violence. Even in our combined effort to survive the elements, violence is used for people to get a greater share. Don't underestimate people's willingness to use force, if you're not willing to be an asshole, someone else will.

I think the only major party that was dissolved was Whigs right? Why would we expect another party to dissolve when they're so popular because their constituencies are so polarized?

Also why does it matter if a party is removed? New parties will just take similar ideas. Because in our system, you can be absolutely hated by half the populace and still get elected. It's actually preferable to be hated by half and loved by half rather than kinda in the middle for both. This is the question I'm asking, what systematic change would fix this?

I don't really understand what you're trying to point out. But going back to the original topic, I was trying to ask how can we modify our system so that it forces representatives and candidates to actually try to approach larger portions of their constituencies rather than trying to pamper the part that they like a lot while completely ignoring/provoking the other?

Stop believing there is a system to change. Politics is a human act. There's a million factors as to why a person does what he does, but I would argue animosity to be the key driving factor. If I love what I am, I hate what I am not. The only time two people won't go to war against each other is if they agree to go to war against someone else. It will always come down to us versus them.

some kind of cyborg god will arise that will create a perfect society based on science

There already is a system in place. if you feel a large portion of their constituency is overlooked, speak and act on their behalf, or support someone who will.

There's as much stopping you as there is them from pampering.

Politics only really worked when it was a civil discourse based on shared Christian and/or Enlightenment values. We need to get back to that level, either through massively improved education or by restricting the franchise.

>I was trying to ask how can we modify our system so that it forces representatives and candidates to actually try to approach larger portions of their constituencies rather than trying to pamper the part that they like a lot while completely ignoring/provoking the other?
We can't because the dialogue itself is broken.

If actual citizens can't drop the hyperbole when talking to one another, than their representatives won't be able to either.

Hostility in politics is the result of everyone having a platform to be extreme as they want to be. And that platform (the internet) is providing a way for everyone to weigh in on everything whether they have any right to attempt to influence policy in that way or not.

I keep having to explain to my wife over and over again that it's a complete waster of her time and a waste of the time of the representatives in question for her to voice and opinion on the laws of a state that she doesn't live in. They're not her representatives and the policies in that state don't affect her. So her opinion has no weight and has no merit. I run into this all the time when talking to adults. They think that they should have an influence in areas where they don't have a right to, because they don't understand the very basics of sovereignty or how a multi-level republic actually functions.

Maybe this can only be fixed by destroying our public school institutions that have categorically failed to produce a populace capable of reasonably and sensibly keeping the government that actually affects their lives in check.

Modern Political Discourse is dead from the ground up because everyone involve treats it like a verbal deathmatch.

There is a system that prevents us from going to war over petty arguments, which is the legislative branch of the federal government. Yes it is always going to be us against them in politics but the system that has been set up right now franchises this to a larger extent. What can we change about this?

Saying there cannot be such a system, we don't have a system and stuff is just complaining without offering any solution.

The solution is not losing the war. Legislation doesn't magically enforce itself, fighting does. You don't like it, fight it in the smartest fashion available to you. It's the very reason the US won't be invaded anytime soon. As long as people are willing to fight, pander, and polarize, our way of life keeps trucking on. Seeking common ground just doesn't work if anyone can just take what's yours.

>Obviously these methods work the best in current election methods, but what can be changed to make parties more willing to actually argue and develop policies together with the opposition?
It's always worked this way.
Politics are a meme, they are simply methods of getting other people to do what you want them to do. Nothing more.

The CEOs and corporate owners want to make more money off of the backbone of third world labour, so they use the argument of compassion and empathy and anti-white-male, (which works fantastically well on the dregs at the bottom who cannot produce anything, and are in most need of empathy - also works very well on upper-middle class whites, who are lacking any life hurdles, and hence use this as one).

Most of us are white males, and we don't own any factories/corporations, hence we are naturally against this because we don't profit from the outsourcing of our jobs to third-worlders, who are willing to do essentially the same work (albeit to probably a lower quality) for 1 thousandth of the pay we demand. So we make all these arguments, and attempt to sway people to our side using emotional appeal, just as the left does.

There's nothing profoundly right or wrong about either side, it's just nature.

>Get rid of the Partisan System
>Install ATV
>Have people pay to vot so they actually treat it seriously

Yea I am not going to agree with the modern fads The US. government is a lumbering dinosaur at efficiently accomplishing any thing costing X6 times as the private sector to the same thing and 10x as long. Limited government acting in interests of the people. not more of this or that government less government and better direct accountability. They do every thing they can to over tax and bleed try the private sector and its retarded. Derrr lets tax them more that will give them more motivation to make money derrrr. Its is a business the idea is to make money and your going to make laws to force them to sell a service or good your retards.

and yes they do shit like tax a store fronts that are not in business more.

The concept of democracy is flawed, atleast in politics.

Sometimes sacrifices are needed to improve the country or to fix the mess that a previous politician made (eg. obamacare and welfare).

It's almost impossible to get elected when you say that you are going to cut away some benefits in order to do what's best for the country.