How to read the bible

Can anyone here recommend video's, podcasts and/or websites that could help me to read and understand the Bible? I would prefer a neutral source in preference to radical religious sources. I have a few weeks off work so would like to explore it's ideas

Attached: download.jpg (310x163, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7xhnZYTNTc&list=PLZ-03de2JV6j1tFCykeuXl5tmP38N4IE_
gods-kingdom-ministries.net/start-here/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ByrircmXL4YzuAw6x8B9pmKjdrS9Wr2
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ByrircmXL7BsF0Q46u_lki6jcCUmw5Q
youtu.be/-J0_oPiCH9Y
nlt.to/
desiringgod.org/articles/how-to-read-the-bible-for-yourself
christianbook.com/bible-worth-fourth-edition-special...fee/.../517825
biblegateway.com/
ancientfaith.com/radio
youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE
biblehub.com/
net.bible.org/#!bible/Matthew 1
youtu.be/X2q7jK7lxzw
youtu.be/6fd4fXnzxMc
youtu.be/tGRp9EgM76I
youtu.be/Ih1LPFqHSSM
youtu.be/3sd9IOJCzYY
youtu.be/xNyeHzO1oEc
youtu.be/p9kM14keqNo
youtu.be/7fgvJpRO4kk
pilgrimradio.com/
dhspriory.org/thomas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The bible means nothing. It is a mirror that reflects your own desires.

If your not properly educated to understand it, it can be destructive.

Go ahead ask me any question

I am an atheist
But i don't argue why to other people because it encourages good morality
Except jew kissing ofc

>It teaches that Jews are the devils children. Mathew 23.

>It teaches the jews are gods chosen people and better than gentiles. Romans 11.

You choose what you want to believe in the bible.

Yes, and the Jews purposefully misquote/misread the bible to fuck christians.

youtube.com/watch?v=x7xhnZYTNTc&list=PLZ-03de2JV6j1tFCykeuXl5tmP38N4IE_
new testament only, but that is what most ppl consider bible anyway

>How to read the bible
From left to right and the up to down in latin alphabet.

gods-kingdom-ministries.net/start-here/

Don't. Pick a synoptic gospel, read it, then ask a priest the questions you have.

God didn't write the Bible as a love letter or a set of instructions on how to live your life etc. Men wrote the Bible under inspiration but Christian faith is meant to lived, it's something you learn from people and not from a collection of books written in ancient dead languages and translated into your own.

ffs we aren't muslims

Peterson has done some of the first books on youtube. He keeps it secular.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ByrircmXL4YzuAw6x8B9pmKjdrS9Wr2
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ByrircmXL7BsF0Q46u_lki6jcCUmw5Q

I think you'll like these playlists. Long watches but excellent bible knowledge.

None of you have even intimated how to read the bible.

Like you dont even understand what it is saying.

>"Ask your priest"

Are you fucking serious?

Read Through new eyes by James b Jordan, deep exegesis by peter leithart and echoes of scriptures in the letters of Paul by Richard b. Hayes

wtf do you mean? watch ehrman's lectures, or read some of his books, the question of how to read a 2k year old text is about literary analysis, or do you wanna be smartass read from left to right, unless in hebrew?

God gave you commandments to follow. It is God's Law for all, even in the New Testament.

>01. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10; Revelation 19:10
>02. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21; Acts 17:29
>03. That the name of God and His doctrine be not blasphemed. 1 Timothy 6:1
>04. The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Mark 2:27-28; Hebrews 4:4
>05. Honor thy father and thy mother. Matthew 19:19; Ephesians 6:1-3
>06. Thou shalt not kill. Romans 13:9; James 2:11
>07. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Matthew 19:18
>08. Thou shalt not steal. Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:20
>09. Thou shalt not bear false witness Romans 13:9
>10. Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

A call to all believing Anons.
A Celtic fascist here guilty of too many sins to list here.
Reminder that Ireland's abortion referendum is in 4 days. Link sums up abortion in 4 min.
youtu.be/-J0_oPiCH9Y

Any sincere believers might perhaps consider saying a personal prayer that the people reject the practice of abortion.

1. Read for the author’s meaning, not your own.
When we read, we want to know what an author intended us to see and experience in his writing. He had an intention when he wrote. Nothing will ever change that. It is there as a past, objective event in history.

We are not reading simply for subjective experiences. We are reading to discover more about objective reality. I’m not content with what comes to my mind when I read it. The meaning of a sentence, or a word, or a letter is what the author intended for us to understand by it. Therefore, meaning is the first aim of all good reading.

I've made it very clear. Don't read it like a book. That's not what it's here for. It isn't one book, it's a collection of 73 ancient texts produced in at least three different ancient and now dead languages over the course of 3,000 years, written in areas ranging from Iran to Spain. It's a very confusing and complicated text and its purpose and meaning are hardly readily discernible. OP is asking good questions but as long as he isn't treating the book like it's magic and contains the hidden gnosis he needs for salvation that's great, but that's exactly how protestants treat it. Protestants worship the Bible created by God instead of worshiping the Godman Jesus Christ, just as Jews worship the Torah and Muslims worship the Quran.

Actual Christians worship the incarnate God, and you learn how to live life worshiping that God from other people who already worship him, not from books written by people who worshiped him millennia ago.

3. At every page, pray and ask for God’s help.
O Lord, incline our hearts to your word. Give us a desire for it. Open our eyes to see wonders there. Subdue our wills and give us an obedient spirit. Satisfy our hearts with a vision of yourself and your way for our lives.

nlt.to/

Attached: NLT.TO_-_2018-05-21_17.39.35.png (1920x954, 115K)

2. Ask questions to unlock the riches of the Bible.
When we read, we generally do not really think until we are faced with a problem to be solved, a mystery to be unraveled, or a puzzle to be deciphered. Until our minds are challenged, and shift from passive reading to active reading, we drift right over lots of insights.

Asking ourselves questions is a way of creating a problem or a mystery to be solved. That means the habit of asking ourselves questions awakens and sustains our thinking. It stimulates our mind while we read, and drives us down deep to the real meaning of a passage.

2.1 Ask about words.

Ask about definitions. What does this word mean in this specific sentence? And remember, we’re asking what the author intended by the word, not what we think it means. This assumes words will have different meanings in different sentences.

2.2 Ask about phrases.

“I never assume the Bible is inconsistent. I assume I’m not seeing all I need to see.” Tweet Share on Facebook
A phrase is a group of words without a verb that describe some action or person or thing. For instance, “Put sin to death by the Spirit.” “By the Spirit” describes the activity. It tells us how we kill sin in our lives. Look closely at phrases like these and ask what specifically they’re explaining.

2.3. Ask about relationships between propositions.

A proposition is a group of words with a subject and a verb. How propositions relate to each other is one of the most important questions we can ask. Often, there will be a small connecting word that holds the answer (e.g., but, if, and, therefore, in order that, because). Sometimes the major differences between whole theologies hang on these connections.

2.4 Ask how the context helps define the meaning of words and phrases.

You can’t know accurately what a proposition means until you know the meaning of the words, and you can’t know the meaning of words until you know the meaning of the proposition. It is a circle, but it’s not a hopeless circle. Words have a limited range of shared meanings.

Wrong guesses about a word’s meaning are often set right by the end of the sentence or paragraph. Even though words, in and of themselves, can have several meanings, the content and relationships of the propositions around them usually clarify the specific meaning the author intended them to have.

2.5 Ask about connections with other parts in the Bible.

We have to ask how the meaning we’re seeing in a passage fits together with other passages. Are there confirmations elsewhere in the Bible? Are there passages that seem contradictory or inconsistent?

When I feel tension between two verses or passages, I never assume the Bible is inconsistent. I assume I’m not seeing all I need to see. If I have not seen enough to explain the apparent inconsistency, asking more questions will likely help me see more. Few things make us deeper and richer in our knowledge of God and his ways than this habit of asking how texts cohere in reality when at first they don’t look like they do.

2.6 Ask about application.

“God gave us the Bible not just to inform our minds, but also to transform our hearts.” Tweet Share on Facebook
The aim of biblical writers is not only that we know, but that we be and do. So, we need to form the habit of asking questions concerning application. To us. To our church and our relationships. To the world. The task of application is never done. There are millions of ways a text can be applied, and millions of situations and relationships for them to be applied. Our job is not to know every application, but to grow in applying the meaning of Scripture to our lives.

2.7 Ask about affections — appropriate responses of the heart.

The aim of our Bible reading is not just the response of the mind, but of the heart. The whole range of human emotions are possible responses to the meaning of the Bible. God gave us the Bible not just to inform our minds, but also to transform our hearts — our affections. God’s word is honored not just by being understood rightly, but also by being felt rightly.

How to Read the Bible for Yourself

desiringgod.org/articles/how-to-read-the-bible-for-yourself

Read a GOOD translation..........

NET Bible
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

English Standard Version
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

International Standard Version
In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The 10 are the minimum of God's expectations of his people. I can 'not steal', and yet have no love, I can 'not covet', and yet have no love. I can 'not kill', and yet not love. God wants us to love. Without love the 10 devolved into systematic rule and oppression. So He added unto that the maximum expected of all believing souls. To love God above all, to love your neighbour as yourself. Not just to abstain from hate, but to engage in love as well.

Find a Salem kirban reference bible to read. They're rather expensive but can be found at yard sales from time to time.

You don't read the Bible; it writes itself on you. If it doesn't, you are not ready. But if you are seeking you will be in God's time.

Read a bible and dont listen to people that are FOOLISH.................................................

Love is not required for salvation though, only following the Ten Commandments.

No one can follow the 10 commandments.

You should try reading the bible.....

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

>No one can follow the 10 commandments.

>And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Ad fontes

Ten Commandments List

You shall have no other gods before Me.

You shall make no idols.

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

Keep the Sabbath day holy.

Honor your father and your mother.

You shall not murder.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet.

1 John 5:3
>For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Sure there will be bumps along the way but you should always strive to follow God's Law as best as you possibly can.

Yes. Follow them and receive eternal life.

Exactly!

No one keeps the 10 commandments or any of the other commands of GOD.

The only person to obey perfectly was JESUS CHRIST.

Follow JESUS CHRIST and you will have Eternal Life......

Not rule keeping

If you are easily bored then start with a an illustrated children's bible. They are quite valid.

How to read the bible
>pick up jew story book
>put it in the trash where it belongs

Attached: ArtScroll Chumash.jpg (800x800, 114K)

Chapter 14: Of Saving Faith
1. The grace of faith, whereby the elect are enabled to believe to the saving of their souls, is the work of the Spirit of Christ in their hearts, and is ordinarily wrought by the ministry of the Word; by which also, and by the administration of baptism and the Lord's supper, prayer, and other means appointed of God, it is increased and strengthened. ( 2 Corinthians 4:13; Ephesians 2:8; Romans 10:14, 17; Luke 17:5; 1 Peter 2:2; Acts 20:32 )

2. By this faith a Christian believeth to be true whatsoever is revealed in the Word for the authority of God himself, and also apprehendeth an excellency therein above all other writings and all things in the world, as it bears forth the glory of God in his attributes, the excellency of Christ in his nature and offices, and the power and fullness of the Holy Spirit in his workings and operations: and so is enabled to cast his soul upon the truth thus believed; and also acteth differently upon that which each particular passage thereof containeth; yielding obedience to the commands, trembling at the threatenings, and embracing the promises of God for this life and that which is to come; but the principal acts of saving faith have immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, and resting upon him alone for justification, sanctification, and eternal life, by virtue of the covenant of grace. ( Acts 24:14; Psalms 27:7-10; Psalms 119:72; 2 Timothy 1:12; John 14:14; Isaiah 66:2; Hebrews 11:13; John 1:12; Acts 16:31; Galatians 2:20; Acts 15:11 )

Attached: A 5.png (621x535, 20K)

>if you refuse to lie to kids we try to kill you

the end

i call it the "truth edition"

He said keep, not obey perfectly (even though we are urged to strive for perfection). Man is flawed after all, but it doesn't mean you can't follow the commandments and have eternal life.

Read again

How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: Fourth Edition / Special edition ...

christianbook.com/bible-worth-fourth-edition-special...fee/.../517825
Rating: 4.8 - 4 reviews - $11.99 - In stock
The revised fourth edition includes updated language for today's generation of readers, a new preface, bracketed Scripture references, and redesigned diagrams. 304 pages, softcover from Zondervan. ... Gordon D. Fee (PhD, University of Southern California) is Professor Emeritus of New ...

A good website is
biblegateway.com/
It's neutral, I think. Although there's a premium section, it doesn't seem to misguide.
I use KJV and NIV for study. The language of the KJV makes me slow down and contemplate because the language is from the 1600's.It's important to read the Holy Bible deliberately with intent and focus.

I don't know about podcasts, but this is good as it gives some Christian music and talk:
ancientfaith.com/radio

Here is a modern version of the Liturgy from a Serbian Orthodox background:
youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE

Just read it cover to cover like you would any other book and use a journal to mark chapters/verses you want to come back to for meditation and exploration.

First read it literally, then read it metaphorically, and then read it to find its hidden meaning.

A genuine believer will FIGHT against ALL sin.

FALSE!

It is indeed the divine revelation of the one true God.

Attached: 03911D14-E95A-4FB2-9D52-D88BF3376689.jpg (1154x1783, 359K)

2. Ask questions to unlock the riches of the Bible.
When we read, we generally do not really think until we are faced with a problem to be solved, a mystery to be unraveled, or a puzzle to be deciphered. Until our minds are challenged, and shift from passive reading to active reading, we drift right over lots of insights.

Asking ourselves questions is a way of creating a problem or a mystery to be solved. That means the habit of asking ourselves questions awakens and sustains our thinking. It stimulates our mind while we read, and drives us down deep to the real meaning of a passage.

2.1 Ask about words.

Ask about definitions. What does this word mean in this specific sentence? And remember, we’re asking what the author intended by the word, not what we think it means. This assumes words will have different meanings in different sentences.

2.2 Ask about phrases.

“I never assume the Bible is inconsistent. I assume I’m not seeing all I need to see.” Tweet Share on Facebook
A phrase is a group of words without a verb that describe some action or person or thing. For instance, “Put sin to death by the Spirit.” “By the Spirit” describes the activity. It tells us how we kill sin in our lives. Look closely at phrases like these and ask what specifically they’re explaining.

2.3. Ask about relationships between propositions.

A proposition is a group of words with a subject and a verb. How propositions relate to each other is one of the most important questions we can ask. Often, there will be a small connecting word that holds the answer (e.g., but, if, and, therefore, in order that, because). Sometimes the major differences between whole theologies hang on these connections.

1. Read for the author’s meaning, not your own.
When we read, we want to know what an author intended us to see and experience in his writing. He had an intention when he wrote. Nothing will ever change that. It is there as a past, objective event in history.

We are not reading simply for subjective experiences. We are reading to discover more about objective reality. I’m not content with what comes to my mind when I read it. The meaning of a sentence, or a word, or a letter is what the author intended for us to understand by it. Therefore, meaning is the first aim of all good reading.

Yes, but the key to eternal life lies in following the commandments.

3. At every page, pray and ask for God’s help.
O Lord, incline our hearts to your word. Give us a desire for it. Open our eyes to see wonders there. Subdue our wills and give us an obedient spirit. Satisfy our hearts with a vision of yourself and your way for our lives.

Melissa Scott on YouTube and Faith Center

Attached: 64257F1B-8561-4212-B46F-09890F07DE01.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

There are many literary styles within the Bible. History, poetry, prophecy, law, epistles. Each should be interpreted according first to its style and then to its historical context within the original languages being ancient Hebrew, 1st century Hebrew, and 1st century Greek. There are many good “Study Bibles” that provide much of this context in footnotes and references, including which words were used in translations and alternate meanings

biblehub.com/
You can find everything here. Also torrent bibleworks

Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE.... Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE.... Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....Saved by FAITH in JESUS CHRIST ALONE....

I'm currently journaling about how the story of David, Saul, and Jonathan correspond to me irl. It's all about admiration and deceit which is what I'm dealing with at work.

you have to read it cover to cover multiple times.
Have to understand the old testament before the new.

Authors quote other authors. The first time something is mentioned the explanation is given. It jumps around a bit.

Example. you can't understand revelations without understanding the book of Daniel.
Daniel explains the meanings behind the symbolism.

Empires/civilizations represented by "Beasts"
Sea of multitudes "many peoples"
Abomination of desolation. "bringing pork into the temple" The temple is the body.

You'll see specific phrases used in different books of the bible and they're connected in meaning.

What's your favorite verses and how do they translate into your daily life?

Are Christians Under the Ten Commandments?
Topic: The Law

The following is an edited transcript of the audio.

Are Christians under the 10 commandments?

No. The Bible says we're not under the law.

I love Romans 7:4-6. By way of analogy, it says that you are married to the law. And you better stay married because if you leave this husband and go marry another you are going to be called an adulterer. But if your husband dies, then you can go and remarry.

And then Paul draws the analogy out—a little complex the way he does it—saying that you died to the law. You aren't married anymore, you can have another husband, namely Christ. He's raised from the dead.

So, our approach towards ethics is different. We don't ask the question, "Am I under the law?" We are under grace. The law is already fulfilled perfectly by Jesus. We are in Jesus and as far justification goes, God sees it as completed for you, one-hundred percent. He says, "You've trusted my Son. You've been grafted in him. You are in Christ Jesus and he fulfilled the law perfectly. He covered all your sins." God sees you in and through Christ, therefore, as far as final judgment goes God is 100% for you. That is settled and nothing is going to change it.

You're not going to find much that's good on the internet. Go to a church, most proddy churches at least run bible study groups through the week. Other than that, try a theological college, see if they have short courses. Or if you're cheap and lazy, Calvin's Institutes, though it's like a textbook.

Grace to You
gty.org
John MacAurthur is a serious heavyweight, not matched mag many living theologians or preachers should s his ability to illuminate scripture, verse by verse. He has devoted his life to this and his org has many good resources

Those are Paul's words.

Why do you put a mere mortal's words above those of Christ Himself? Here's Christ, not Paul, on how to achieve eternal life again:

>And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Psalm 119 English Standard Version (ESV)

Your Word Is a Lamp to My Feet
Aleph

Blessed are those whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,
who also do no wrong,
but walk in his ways!
You have commanded your precepts
to be kept diligently.
Oh that my ways may be steadfast
in keeping your statutes!
Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
I will praise you with an upright heart,
when I learn your righteous rules.
I will keep your statutes;
do not utterly forsake me!

ESV bro knows what’s up

gty.org is good

Desiring God is very good!

OP, you should also read the Gnostic gospels in the NagHammadi library and the dead sea scrolls. These books were omitted, yet still inspired by Jesus so I believe all perspectives are valid.

Grace and Peace to you BROTHER!

Try the NET BIBLE:

net.bible.org/#!bible/Matthew 1

Stay FAR AWAY FROM THE GNOSTIC lies........

Piper is great.
RC Sproul (rip) was always my favorite because he is such a good teacher - like a professor - illuminates how God is the creator of the mind and of reason. He will appeal to lovers of philosophy and provides some of the strongest responses to modern philosophical movements such as pragmatism and post modernism

You need both.
Revelation 14:12
>Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Simply keeping the law will not save you. If you love and have faith in Jesus you will WANT to do as he says.

Our Real History
youtu.be/X2q7jK7lxzw Part 1
youtu.be/6fd4fXnzxMc Part 2
youtu.be/tGRp9EgM76I Part 3

Decoding Deception
youtu.be/Ih1LPFqHSSM Part 1
youtu.be/3sd9IOJCzYY Part 2
youtu.be/xNyeHzO1oEc Part 3
youtu.be/p9kM14keqNo Part 4
youtu.be/7fgvJpRO4kk Part 5

Attached: Happenings.jpg (1600x924, 214K)

Attached: SALVATION.png (444x382, 118K)

Gnosticism has nothing to do with Jesus

Have you heard of Pilgrim Radio?

pilgrimradio.com/

This is all you need to know. Gen 21-24

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

What this means is God feared his creation becoming a God himself. You need two things to eventually become a God. Knowledge. And immortality. And he spoke to the other "Gods" about his fears.

This raises so many questions I don't even know where to begin.

Up to you.

1. Read Douay Rheims Bible; Get Haydock commentary version
2. Only read commentaries by Saints, like Aquinas
dhspriory.org/thomas/

The God of the universe can certainly protect the integrity of His Holy word. God is he author of the Bible, not men, though the Bible was written by men, and canonized by men, God authored and protects it

Haven’t. I will check it out

Justification is a one time transaction.

Once you are justified you will bear fruit by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT!

Romans 8 English Standard Version (ESV)
Life in the Spirit
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

********For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do.*************

By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

MORE SATANIC LIES!

Attached: a team satan 3.png (538x336, 80K)

God is a Trinity; One God; Three Persons
God does not fear anything; God is all powerful

WARNING!!!!!!
Roman Catholic SATANIC TEACHING!

Attached: image:872.jpg (737x971, 106K)

RC, John MacAurthur, Piper and soooooooooooo many others.....

Pilgrim Radio has been very good to me for 20 years.

pr 7, 8
The Foundations for Holiness
by the late JERRY BRIDGES – author and longtime staff member with the Navigators
{ Copies available: }
Trinity Bible Church
P.O. Box 16732 • Portland, OR 97292
(503) 255-0357

Apr 14, 15
Be Holy
by the late JERRY BRIDGES – author and longtime staff member with the Navigators
Trinity Bible Church
(503) 255-0357

Apr 21, 22
Two Dimensions of Holiness
Trinity Bible Church
(503) 255-0357

Apr 28, 29
Submission to God’s Providence
Trinity Bible Church
(503) 255-0357

May 5, 6
God’s Provision for Holiness
Trinity Bible Church
(503) 255-0357

May 12, 13
What is it Like to Enjoy God?
by JOHN PIPER – Chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary
desiringGod

May 19, 20
How to Seek the Holy Spirit
by JOHN PIPER – Chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary
desiringGod

May 26, 27
Marveling at the Glories of Christ in the Book of Ephesians
by GLORIA FURMAN – author, speaker and pastor’s wife
The Gospel Coalition

This is Truth. The work of the Spirit produces fruit of the Spirit.

>2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
>3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.
>4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
>5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness.
>6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. - Galatians 5:2-6

So those that choose law must keep the law perfectly. Since no man can keep the law, the GOSPEL is that we are free from the law. But not that we should keep sinning! (See above)

Of course.
Romans 10:9
>That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
But if you love him, you will keep his commandment. You will fail and fail and fail, but that is why Christ Jesus died for us. Every time you sin (transgress the law, see 1 John 3:4) you must confess to the Lord and repent.

The Shepherds Chapel

R.C. Sproul
Heard Saturday at 10 AM and 9 PM and Sunday at 1 PM and 9 PM Pacific Time

One of America’s foremost theologians and founder of Ligonier Ministries located in Orlando, Florida.

We’re currently in the series “The Book of Ephesians”.

Pilgrim Radio

It's a chore. Takes like an hour to get through 2 pages if you're trying to actually understand it.

You will even fail at repenting - better hope for grace, brother

Check out Bill Donahue's Hidden Meanings on YouTube... he gets a little out there on a few things, but all around a good watch

We will never BECOME GODS........

Dont LIE!

Romans 13:10
The love of our neighbour worketh no evil. Love therefore is the fulfilling of the law.

RefNet is also a good internet radio station