The true Gnostic Gospels of Thomas, John, Judas and Mary

You know how when libshills deny and deflect, they tend to just project their own faults? Take a look at what the pope has to say about a certain banned gospel of the bible:
>The Vatican, by word of Pope Benedict XVI, grants the recently surfaced Judas' Gospel no credit with regards to its apocryphal claims that Judas betrayed Jesus in compliance with the latter's own requests.
>According to the Pope, Judas freely chose to betray Jesus: "an open rejection of God's love." Judas, according to Pope Benedict XVI "viewed Jesus in terms of power and success: his only real interests lay in his power and success, there was no love involved. He was a greedy man: money was more important than communing with Jesus; money came before God and his love." According to the Pope it was due to these traits that led Judas to "turn liar, two-faced, indifferent to the truth", "losing any sense of God", "turning hard, incapable of converting, of being the prodigal son, hence throwing away a spent existence".
>wwyw realized Gnostic Christianity may be the 1 true religion
So basically, pope benedict was saying to have faith in his message above that of the people closest to christ. I mean, the Gospel of Thomas is just a list of quotes by Jesus,why the fuck isn't that in the King James Bible?

Attached: gnostic.png (150x196, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuGBqrXqNXA
youtube.com/watch?v=KXNEFbCSBx4
youtube.com/watch?v=EOISdvdvxpo
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkQElvOTCo
youtube.com/watch?v=aSRj7_4ZhNg
youtube.com/watch?v=eGPTqS_yWQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"gnostic" christianity was not a homogenous group. There were competing communities with different messages. According to K. Armstrong the Author of John was in a competitive or adverarial relationship with the Thomas followers.
She also contended in her doctoral thesis that Paul was actually Gnostic - which makes sense when you consider how he got his message and doctrine, never met Jesus in the flesh, and ephatically insisted that *knowledge* of the Truth was superior to the gospel of those apostles who followed him in his life. Etc.

That HIS knowledge of the truth was superior....

Jesus said, "When the outer has become as the inner, and the lower as the upper, then will this world find peace."

If everyone looked at the big picture of life, we would see the same thing. This simple thing would unite human beings, and we would live in paradise.

Only the truth can stop the wars and make the world the paradise it can be.

Jesus said, "Show me the stone which the builders have rejected. That stone is the cornerstone."

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
George Bernard Shaw

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer

It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Truth will have no gods before it.
Friedrich Nietzsche

The evidence = the truth. Religions say the truth is the way, but ignore it.

It is the truth that makes the law and medicine work. For religions to work the way that they promise to, they must also be based on the truth. It is the reason why Jesus uses the word “truth” more than any other word.

The Bible says religion must be founded on rock. It is a metaphor meaning that religions must be founded on the truth, because it is as solid as a rock.

Jesus said, “That which is hidden from the wise and educated has been revealed unto the open minded.”

MIND DISEASE - Our overbearing minds are like a disease. Like many diseases, it makes us feel bad. The mind, by separating us from true life, does not let us feel nearly as good as we should. The mind prevents us from being unified with life.

Jesus said, “People honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. They worship me in vain, teaching the precepts and principles of men.”

The Bible says that people who worshiped him according to the teaching, the precepts and principles of men, will hear this from God after they die: “I never knew you; depart from me.”

Not even trying to defend the integrity of Christianity but I think the implication of the gnostic gospels were they actually reinforced the integrity of mainstream Christianity.
>Gnostic gospels appeared to be drawn from the same source as major Christian texts using similar writing style and order.
>The gnostic elements are abrupt and appear in a different style.

The Gnostic gospels are just what happened when Christianity was transmitted to the outer regions and it mingled with the pre-existing communities and quickly became outside the main scope.

Attached: homie.jpg (640x480, 35K)

speak in english you freaks or fuck off back to /x/

Attached: hrmm.jpg (1253x1920, 786K)

Is there a link to all this shit so I can read? This Jesus quotes book sounds nice and I'd be interested in hearing Judas' side of the story too.

>true Gnostic Gospels

Holy shit what a jumble of words.

There is nothing true about gnosticism. There are no gospels written by gnostics. Thomas, Judas, and Mary were not written by Thomas, Judas and Mary. Not sure what John you're even referring to.

That's how fucked up you are.

If you paid a penny for this, you were ripped off. It's all bogus.

Kys Jew.
youtube.com/watch?v=TuGBqrXqNXA

youtube.com/watch?v=KXNEFbCSBx4

youtube.com/watch?v=EOISdvdvxpo

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkQElvOTCo

youtube.com/watch?v=aSRj7_4ZhNg

youtube.com/watch?v=eGPTqS_yWQQ

Nope.
Gnosticism is what Christianity was supposed to be, Catholicism is Christianity under a Greco-Roman Pagan philosophical veneer, ask yourself how many Christian traditions were in fact Pagan in origin.

The main proponents of Gnosticism in medieval europe were the cathars i.e. the people to whom the freemasons claim their origin from.

Abraxas is the representation of both good and evil, right and wrong, harvest and holocaust, etc. in short, Abraxas is pure, undiluted reality.

Attached: F7BAA51E-E539-4936-8982-335E9F47C90B.jpg (246x300, 39K)

>Thomas, John, Judas and Mary
Thomas = Aries/Torus
John = Cancer
Judas = Scorpio
Mary = Virgo

Astrology was outlawed to keep people in the dark and thus Zodiac signs were renamed by Romans to represent human-like deities

Attached: 2ea63693420fec8f8ebaddba390609ba.jpg (485x600, 37K)

>believing autistic fan fiction

Attached: 1525961439920.jpg (347x299, 28K)

Argh. I can't believe you just compared the above and below to the "big picture of life." The above is the higher self. The below is our material bodies.
Please don't preach what you don't understand and mislead others.

Your closing statements apply to you as well because of how you are portraying the above and below according to the precepts and principles of men. Reassess.

No, you misunderstand. Take each line separately. Wasn't comparing them.

>I mean, the Gospel of Thomas is just a list of quotes by Jesus,why the fuck isn't that in the King James Bible?
Because St. Paul omitted it since they didn't suit his agenda. The Gospel of Thomas possesses a philosophy that is incompatible with many Christian ideas. Can't have people believing Jesus actually said any of that stuff!

Oh, that is good. I am glad to hear that, but if I misunderstood, do you think others would have or will too?

Maybe, but I think having them spaced apart should be an indication of taking each thing on their own since there's also things like quotes from other famous people n shiet.

Attached: 1506308547036.jpg (1898x3195, 2.05M)

Learn the language of the divine, you freak!

>Paul?
Wasn't Paul dead before (by a couple centuries) the Catholic cannon was established?

>reminder that the "Book of Enoch" is part of the Ethiopic Christian cannon. And since they have the Ark of the Covenant, they win.

Attached: image.jpg (244x270, 49K)

Most gnostic gospels were written from the 2nd to 5th centuries. The majority of the Canon was established before the mid second century (The Revelation of John being the longest contested book), so it was fairly easy for Bishops to reject some new book that surfaces, especially if it doesn't agree with the four synoptic Gospels. The book of Enoch we have today was mostly written in the middle ages, and the Ark of the Covenant of irrelevant now (and it's disputed if they even have it).

Also, St. Paul was born about the same time as Jesus, so he would have been been gone from here before the second century.