I'm thinking about joining the police. Are there any policeanons on here?

I'm thinking about joining the police. Are there any policeanons on here?
>What does training entail?
>I live near a major metropolitan area. Should I join the city's police force or just stick to the suburban areas?
>Any advice on how I can make a good impression in this line of work?
>Other tips, experiences, and stories welcome

Attached: 05893845799305922.jpg (650x438, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCXMYxKMh3prxnM_4kYZuB3g
youtube.com/channel/UCsgkhimI0MthrMZo-F2zrTQ
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/prepare-for-pare
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

high risk of you becoming cynical alcoholic
changes your attitude after few years of work
watch some COPS tv show

youtube.com/channel/UCXMYxKMh3prxnM_4kYZuB3g

the best police channel.

Now I know how I'll spend the rest of my night. Thank you!

bump

You need a high tolerance for corruption. When you work in a sewer, at the end of the day you emerge covered with shit.

make sure the pay is good. even some city departments pay absolute peanuts despite being just as dangerous (new orleans i'm looking at you)

>willingly becoming a lapdog for uncle sam

Attached: why (2).png (443x376, 6K)

Don't do it user, it's a fun job but not worth it in the current year. Do anything else

I know of 3 different guys that are really solid, decent dudes that became cops and none of them lasted more than a few years on the force. Said it was not worth the shit you have to put up with, the corruption inside the force, looking at suicides and depressing shit every day.

>You need a high tolerance for corruption.
No, you need an intolerance for it. The sort that would make you arrest a fellow cop... otherwise you get the situation where "one bad cop" isn't just one, but everyone.

Despite its over the top nature, WH40k is actually accurate about the dangers of corruption.

Attached: warrior-and-peace.jpg (500x496, 122K)

Be prepared for most people to hate you.
The ones that don't will treat you really nicely though. Give you deals, and shit.

I would do it, but I can't get over the fact I would be the strong arm for a corrupt branch of the government.

kill yourself instead

Attached: CUTTHROAT.png (2899x1877, 345K)

where in the US are you? I'm also looking for police work in PA. Hardly anyone besides big cities put you through the academy on payroll. No one really wants the job tho

Yea def find a dept that will pay for your academy. Most people don't make it beyond a few years so it's not worth it to pay for yourself

That's how you end up dead in a back alley.

DC area.

I'm also trying to do law enforcement, become a state trooper, there are so many career paths. If your set on local law enforcement (which is just persobal preference) make sure the pay is good factors in if you're working in a city or suburban area (sometimes suburban areas pay more) and which state you want to work in. Take the civil service test, make sure you don't have a terrible criminal record and just know they do a very very very intense background investigation and mental screening if they consider you. Police academy is like boot camp. Good luck

If you are really determined to do it (dont) then I would suggest a rural job in VA

youtube.com/channel/UCsgkhimI0MthrMZo-F2zrTQ

This is also a good channel. Guy was a cop for 30+ years. He analyzes police cam videos and critiques them.

Try and find a place without niggers is my advice. Suburbs may be a bit more boring but no one wants to be the guy who set off a race war. There are several good channels on YouTube which will give you advice on how to become an officer and what the job is like.

>dealing with the absolute worst niggers and degenerates every single day of your working life
No thanks

The main thing stopping me from joining the police is that one must undergo a PARE test (at least here in leafland)
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/prepare-for-pare

What's that?

>youtube.com/channel/UCsgkhimI0MthrMZo-F2zrTQ

HEY THERE GUN PEOPLE

not easy, arrest perps and then seeing them in the streets a few days later like nothin happen.

worse is going to a domestic dispute and seeing the little kids that were abused... shit like that may make you snap and beat the shit out of the parents.

It's fun for about a week. Then you realize the only way to advance in your career is to go out of your way to deal with them more often

Follow the link. It's the Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation. They run you through an obstacle course, have you do dead lifts etc. A friend of mine did it and said it was the worst experience of his life.

I'm currently training at the gym to prepare for any sort of physical fitness test. Going pretty well so far.

The physical tests are generally not that difficult here as long as you are not really out of shape

More than half in my friend's cohort failed. He passed but was in the bottom half. He is fully 75lbs heavier than me - I'm 5'9 and 145 with my shoes on.

The hardest thing I had to do was run a mile and a half in like 15 and a half minutes

Small suburban Depts only want to hire laterals from big urban departments to save costs. Lucky dudes who get hired by small departments off the street have a chip on their shoulder for their whole career because they spend their lives giving out chickenshit tickets and never had a chance to play with the "big boys".

Big urban departments are darwinist as fuck, you sink or you swim. If you survive the grinder you will be a way better cop and have the experience and street creds.

No matter what, start in the biggest, nastiest department you can find. You will find out what you are made of, and be prepared to face some hard truths about yourself and swallow some mean redpills.

In cop training, you will learn that there are generally 2 types of people: Compliant and Non-Compliant.

As a soft pussy civilian, you only deal with the the side of society that is compliant, who will follow the laws and generally try to get along. As a cop the majority of people you will deal with will be non-compliant. These are the pieces of shit that have had enough negative LEO contact from doing stupid or illegal shit that they give zero fucks what you tell them to do and will make you earn your pay. Little bitch boys who want to be cops for the spiffy uniform want to walk around thinking they are tough shit in Compliant-world don't realize you are entering a new unseen world of dirty niggers who will spit on your and try to kill you and then lawyer up and call excessive force the second you try to make them pay.

>I'm 5'9 and 145
lmao the absolute state of our future cops
they should have a height requirement again

Attached: pepe-big-laugh.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Nah most people you deal with are compliant

If you do end up joining, make sure to post any racial fighting between police departments "anything from not so friendly competion, to shootouts" on 8 chan Jow Forums "it will be ignored here" this is one of the first steps to civil war 2. Also report if police aren't enforcing border control, or refuse to arrest minority criminals because it would be "rayciss"

You are full cucked or brainwashed,or both lol

The “police” are literally just whichever gang best adheres to the social contract of whichever society they operate in. Enjoy wearing colors, flashing gang signs, cutting deals with other gangs, and trying to sleep at night.

Yea fuck having law and order and sheeeit

Attached: 1526836491631.jpg (575x575, 34K)

>no one wants to be the guy who set off a race war.
Where do you think you are?

Did I say they don’t enforce law and order? I literally said they’re whichever gang best adheres to the social contract.

If you have a degree I would try to join the Sheriff's Office instead. Better pay, and you don't do the shitty "Beat" work.

They all racis

Depends on what you want to get out of it. Urban areas are busier and you tend to make more money with overtime, but you also have more chances to get shot by a feral nigger. Suburbs are perfect. Rural is okay but you'll be severely understaffed and have to drive 3 hours running code to a call about white trash fighting on a porch and then possibly get shot by bubba

You're probably not going to get a full time position in the suburbs. You've got tons of boomers filling those cushy, safe positions until they drop dead. You're probably going to have to go into the city and beat some niggers with your nightstick if you want to be a full time cop.

if you're in your late 20s, have a career already and are hard working and havent broken the law, congrats you can become a police officer extremely easily. just apply to any large metro department.

its gonna have its highs and lows. but imo the work is worth it.

not a leo btw

this guy gets it