It's time to talk about the Great Lakes

Midwesterners throw an autistic fit when the subject comes up, but it's time to plan how to use the water to sustain the more arid regions of the US. Water demand is rising due to population growth in the southwest, and the lakes have more than enough water to share. Even this NASA scientist says that a water pipeline system is inevitable:

>Pipe Great Lakes water to Phoenix? It's likely, NASA scientist says

>[NASA scientist Jay] Famiglietti, a hydrologist and senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, was in Cleveland recently for a lecture. In the interview with Ideas, he said that "from a quantity perspective you might imagine that there’s a giant bullseye that can be seen from space that’s sitting above the Great Lakes. Meaning: It’s a target area in a sense for the rest of the country.

>"Because there’s so much fresh water, you can imagine that 50 years from now ... there might actually be a pipeline that brings water from the Great Lakes to Phoenix. I think that’s part of our future.” Famiglietti said such initiatives are needed to address a global water shortage.

greatlakestoday.org/post/pipe-great-lakes-water-phoenix-its-likely-nasa-scientist-says

It's time for the lakes states to grow up and have a mature conversation with the rest of the country about this issue, instead of throwing a tantrum like a toddler and refusing to face reality.

Attached: Great Lakes.jpg (2100x1701, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

water.usgs.gov/wsc/map_index.html
cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea
thekbh.org/waysdark.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you
You'll never take our water, faggot

It is better to take water from western Canada, you idiot!

dae ever get a black head or zit in the middle of your back where you can't quite reach? how do incels deal with these? just wait it out? who helps incels with zits? no one probably.

Nestle will have you killed if you even think about taking their Chinese water.

drain those things and turn the dust bowl green again!

Attached: Great Depression 1942 dust storm near Pearce 19770260001 p 81.jpg (1185x714, 385K)

>Water demand is rising due to population growth in the southwest
>It's time for the lakes states to grow up and have a mature conversation with the rest of the country about this issue
Not our problem, faggot

Attached: 1494626510268.png (584x717, 323K)

>Pipe Great Lakes water to Phoenix

Fuck you. You'll desalinate urine from Mexico and you'll like it.

Alaska did.

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

IT'S OUR WATER

Attached: 1523858372264.jpg (500x500, 29K)

>subsidizing water to further sustain spics

Build the Pipeline! The Water Pipeline to Santa Fe!

This. State sold us out. Thanks Snyder And that Canadian bitch gov before him forgot her name. And WTF with all the non English speaking Chinese in mackinaw

midwest confederate when, fuck you your not getting are water

Attached: brotherhood_of_steel_by_luftwaffles.jpg (1100x757, 94K)

Fuck off. Our water. If we want sand we’ll call you

Better check NAFTA, chum. Trump hasn't fucked it up yet.

How about NO, nigger

Fuck off, you're an actual communist nigger and have no right to another states' resource.

Part of the water scarcity problem has to do with state borders and their inability to cooperate with each other.

Imo if you really want to solve this problem the states need to be redrawn to coincide with watersheds. Then counties would be drawn up along sub-watershed lines.

see water.usgs.gov/wsc/map_index.html for an idea

instead of fucking with the ecosystem on a grand level with massive water pipelines we should try to cooperate with our geography

Attached: Watershed_States_NoBorderlo.jpg (1700x1100, 1.85M)

>Michigan only state to have population decline over the last decade
>Retards living in the desert where there's no water instead of the midwest

It's okay though, Nestle will sell you water. If you can't pay, you die.

Just take water from canadas side only.

Fuck off faggot why don’t y just move up here where it’s comfy

Granholm

That’s not how water works

No you have to share with US. But we have Lake Michigan all to our selves.

Lmao you think oil wars were bad, if water becomes scarce Canada won’t last 5 seconds

stop trying to steal out water you damn commies

sincerely, Minnesota

Fuck you California
Great Lakes states should secede, this country is fucked without us

Attached: milwaukeepanorama.png (1728x828, 3.15M)

>This beautiful city has been BLACKED

It hurts every day

GET OUT OF MY SWAMP

How about you spic niggers stop living in the desert and reproducing beyond your means?

>Just take water from canadas side only
LMAO
Congressmen Hank Johnson is this you?
cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/

Tough shit. Move to the cold if you want fresh water. We did. Do you think everyone living around the Great Lakes is pro 2nd Amendment for no reason? We've all been programmed since WWII to kill any interloper who dares to take our ice cold nectar. Move to Wisconsin or Michigan if you want water.

This

no fuck off we are full. do drink spic piss desert niggers

Yah well maybe we'll just do it at night while you're all passed out from swilling beer and eating bacon. Yah..maybe we'll do that... happy dreams, Gord...

it sucks so much
North Milwaukee is a literal warzone. Downtown is dead. I don't think there's any city that was more clearly destroyed by the groids

over my cold dead hands, citynigger

Attached: colorado_center_champoux.jpg (1579x1692, 729K)

Attached: BB373862-2DBB-4D3F-914B-7C4D7E970F89.jpg (800x492, 145K)

Louisiana stands with Great Lakes and we never pass out.

Is it cheaper to pipe the water all the way across the fucking country or just move the people to where the water is?

People living like 15 miles from the lake can't even put a new tap into the water due to The Great Lakes Compact agreement. The Southwest sure as hell isn't going to get our water.

pfff , frog poster...

More corn must be grown

Attached: groundwater_depletion.png (789x692, 197K)

lmao i will literally drive to California and start murdering every person i see if you steal water from the great lakes

i don't even live in a lake state

>American education

When the dirty spics in California remove every lawn from their shitty oceanfront desert we will consider it. There's no way any major water pipeline is crossing a railroad when you can't even get a sewer force main under it.

not until they need it and it gets cleared.

Remember, folks - laws are an illusion until they need something. Trump might fix that but it's tough sledding.

We have to atone for the sins of Chicago. Our animals are ruining the great lakes.

If you will permit me to use New Mexico as an example, I would like to point out that most water in the Southwest is used for agriculture. Now, let us be honest with ourselves, farming in the desert is a somewhat questionable idea for many crops. Some crops can work well in this environment, but many cannot. The worst case scenario, we will simply have to scale back agricultural operations in the Southwest. We have plenty of food and plenty of other places where we can grow food. Giant water pipelines and repeating the Aral Sea fiasco are not necessary and would be quite stupid when more prudent measures are available.

Attached: nmwater.jpg (247x204, 9K)

>People living like 15 miles from the lake
Don’t have hundreds of millions of dollars like nestle bottle water to buy off politicians

>urine from Mexico
I believe they call that "cerveza"

Stop mixing “corn” into our gasoline first. Leave your water alone.

Attached: Phoenix.jpg (1600x1202, 692K)

I'm from metro Detroit user. Stop doing this to me. I was in Minneapolis recently walking down one of the main streets and as I got closer and closer to the black areas it just felt all too familiar.

really i read the pipeline to cali could help us like 1500% and would barely effect the ecolifesystem there but i think the water thru that mich pipenwould taste shitty no??

It's not just up to the Great Lakes states, the Canadian Provinces also have to sign off on any diversion, and it has to be unanimous. Look up "Waukesha, Wisconsin Lake Michigan water diversion", Waukesha is only 10-12 miles outside of the Lake Michigan watershed, and it took them YEARS to get permission to access Lake Michigan for drinking water. Oh, and nevermind that their groundwater was poisoned with radon, there was little urgency in signing off on the diversion. Those of you in the Southwest better find another source because you won't be drinking our water anytime soon.

Its not agriculture that's the problem it's the type of agriculture like fucking almonds.

fucking kek

>live in the desert
>expect midwesterners to pay the bill
No wonder beaners are taking over, you are just like them. Yes that's a great plan, yet again make resources from white areas be syphoned into shitskin shitholes

Attached: 1526774277007.gif (300x200, 2.35M)

When you drive through the city and see all of those old church steeples, and all of the old brick factory buildings and the beautiful neighborhood homes and storefronts and corner pubs that were all built with European hands, and to see them occupied by such a filthy, violent, and destructive force who doesn't give one shit about your German or Bohemian ancestors or the city's history...it does hurt.

Attached: Trinity Lutheran Milwaukee.jpg (770x404, 61K)

>more than enough water to share
You shouldn't be living out in the fucking desert then you fucking nigger.
>there's so much fresh water, you can imagine that 50 years from now ... there might actually be a pipeline that brings water from the Great Lakes to Phoenix
Yeah and because of your insidious greed, you'd drain the lakes dry and use all the water in a literal fucking heartbeat because oh, I don't know, YOU'RE OUT IN THE GODDAMN DESERT.

Attached: b1b.jpg (1078x572, 159K)

Precisely. The Hatch Green Pepper farms (the most iconic produce in New Mexico) consume very little water and have been very ecologically sustainable. Whoever thought that almond orchards in the desert was a good idea deserves to lose everything.

Sure Detroit 580ft above sea level is now at sea level. Kansas at 3000ft is above water yet 14ner peaks of Colorado is under water. Makes sense. Is it global warming?

were planning on moving to colorado but only 3 of us will fit in the car. is rent affordable right. ow we were just goong to live in our tents for a few
months and then work for winter my
buddy there now panhandles outside in glenwood springs and gets like 200$ a day

Is this a post ice cap collapse pic? Looks comfy.

Funny you should mention the Aral Sea, larger in area than Lake Michigan, and a textbook example of why you don't divert water to irrigate deserts, this isn't fucking Saudi Arabia, there is no necessity of need to live in a desert in the United States.

I'll just leave this here:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea

>non English speaking Chinese in mackinaw

Wait, what? What the actual fuck? Tell me they're only tourists, not residents. Still a travesty either way.

I grew up in the Midwest and moved to the coast for work. Mackinaw Island is still the haven in my mind of pristine Midwestern history and culture.

I'm married and get no popping concessions, pisses me the fuck off

I've pissed in each of the great lakes. Enjoy drinking and bathing in my piss.

Sad.

Lake Victoria in Africa is going the same way. As is Lake Chad iirc

>Water pipe line to the Southwest.
>Mature conversation
Cucked desert shills unfortunately don't get to set the tone of conversation. Fuck off our lakes are already at capacity. Guess your dumbass ancestors shouldn't have decided to migrate to the middle of fucking nowhere at exponential and unsupportable rates.

Attached: mike ditka.jpg (640x444, 87K)

It will take trans-continental cooperation to ensure water security for the whole of North America.

Attached: Pipeline.jpg (2018x1365, 606K)

Nuke the southwest because its a cesspool

The image depicts the past

Bad news for you not tourists. A lot of t shirt shops gift shops Chinese bad English

/thread

Lakelets btfo

Indiana will make the Civil War look like a fucking joke if you attempt to take our limited beachfront.

So how long does it take Detroit to fall 580ft to sea level? One earthquake? Over a year? Centuries? Millions of years?

Not getting our water till you get rid of your spics, texas.

Sorry but until you get rid off all the Mexicans you don't get water.

Diverting water so we can water our Mexicans and other shitskins? Hell no.

No conditions NOT getting our water!!

Damn. Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago, and Houston (not to mention California) all under water was getting me excited even if where I live was gone too :/

>live in the desert
>demand water from people living 3000 miles away

Go fuck yourself, faggot.

Instead of missing your tax dollars away on social programs that benefit non tax paying residents, California should have been working on a statewide program to develop a network of desalination plants. They would be the global leader in the technology by now, and no one would be whining about not having enough water. And while you're at it, why don't you figure out how to control the unsustainable growth that go you into this fucking mess in the first place.

Milwaukee is one of the most beautiful cities to drive through on the interstate. I was always blown away by it when driving up north.

That would be too smart

Attached: 6D130B64-34E3-49AA-A98D-0EA10C4E4B62.jpg (300x292, 96K)

Southern California can also just pipe water from Northern Cal.

Chinese are buying up property and homes EVERYWHERE. It's ridiculous. They do not care about you, your family, your town, your culture, or anything except taking everything for themselves. I hate them so much.

Imagine how the people of Malibu would squeal if the shoreline were moved 200 feet away? Well, this is what would happen along our shoreline, and we wouldn't put up with it either.

You fucking lazy Californians didn't even want to mow your own lawn, and you had to ration water already. Why bring in millions of wetbacks to worsen the problems?

You know, just like the Aral sea disappeared due to the supply for it getting diverted, so too did Owens Lake in California. So, it's rather funny hearing Californians criticizing the USSR for causing the Aral sea to disappear. Don't think you are going to do that to the Great Lakes. The Columbia River is closer, and could be dammed so gravity moves the water where you want it.

>live in a desert
>how come I ain't got no water?

>Tries to drain water from muh lakes
>Nuked by a leaf

thekbh.org/waysdark.htm

It's time we finally rid the Earth of Chinese scum.

Enjoy draining lake michigan then nerds, because the rest are shared.

Suck my Midwestern dick fag. I might be an Ohioan but I would stand with a Michigander over outsiders when it comes to the Great Lakes water issue. Shouldn't have settled in the middle of the god-damned desert only to demand someone else's water half a continent away

Don't allow cities in the desert Southwest to grow uncontrollably, how long did you asshats think damming up rivers was going last? This subject comes up ever 5-10 years, no one on this board will see a pipeline, or any other diversion from the Great Lakes in their lifetime, and not without some level of fighting or bloodshed.

Ugg. If selling t-shirts is a $10 an hour job, why the fuck can't they find such a job in Hong Kong. All they are doing is exporting their overpopulation problem. NOT WANTED HERE.

St. Louis, Detroit, and Baltimore

lmao then kill nestle together

It’s called a Casing pipe