Constantinople nostalgia thread

Constantinople used to be the only city spelled with capital ''C''. Europe will never compete to the US without it's natural capital.

Attached: U5dskKqTUgCnqBAgiyUbSpGpZZUs31z_1680x8400.jpg (1300x753, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_Fenchurch_Street
youtube.com/watch?v=qe9uOpCCvnI
youtube.com/watch?v=QRRQQVK6nV8
youtube.com/watch?v=3_mEctH8e4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Corinth. Caesaria. The list goes on.

I meant instead of city it was City.

Attached: IMG_9722.jpg (600x600, 44K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London

I do not know what I'm doing with my life.

Maybe they copied the idea. Constantinople used to be called as ''I Poli'', or ''The City''. Because it was the City of cities.

Cairo.
Canberra.
Caracas.
Copenhagen.

My contribution.

is that the capital of Byzantium?

>eternally in the shadow of Rome
The Aeneid was the beginning of the end for you

It's really strange to think that "Rome" really existed until almost 1500 since I always imagine it gone much earlier. It's funny when all the jews post their memes of le poor injuns and accuse Whites of being illegal. Whites built entire civilizations on dirt and the roaches just took and enslaved an entire civilization and the jews just write it out of history.

wtf is that fucking abomination to the left. looks like fucking simcity or some shit

Attached: 3C305106-79D2-4539-9A40-D5A5ED0EBACE.jpg (640x354, 97K)

Yes, a capital on the border. Nice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_Fenchurch_Street

'owned by the Hong Kong food company Lee Kum Kee Groups'

The city of London is its own state and has many phallic references to the power of the financial institutions that suck the life out of the rest of the world.
Gawd bless.

Why are you guys such fags about Constantinople

What about Copenhagen?

long before your time Yankenstein. Truly the first melting pot that will surpass your measly empire in terms of longevity.

Modern London is the most garbage looking city.

Yeah and christendom abandoned it like they do with all other cultures of Europe. That city is proof that the church has never given a shit about the sanctity of Europe and has only cared about itself.

You Europeans sure are desperate for middle eastern muslims

Kind of true but there was kind of a schism that created the Orthodoxy and fragmented "religious support".

Still you are correct that Christianity was about the confluence of power in Rome not holy scripture or da word of Gawd.

fuck off Hellenes have nothing to do with this multi ethnic shithole

Attached: boos.png (1001x679, 347K)

Never forget.

Attached: Aivazovsky_-_View_of_Constantinople_and_the_Bosphorus.jpg (1485x931, 328K)

Why is it called the byzantine empire and not the constantium empire?

>that white man
>living anywhere near byzantine lands
Those ancient greeks with their sun-reflecting skin magic, I tell you hwat

he meant City vs city I guess

When the term Byzantium was coined, Cosntantinople was called Lygos. It was only named Constantinople a while later, after Constantine the Great, who declared it capital of the Byzantine empire.

>Those ancient greeks with their sun-reflecting skin magic, I tell you hwat
t. Armenian immigrant

just compare both of these individuals and tell me who is Ancient Greek and who is an Armenian.

You do know that Byzantines imported many Anatolians, Armenians and Syrians into the Balkans and Greece right?

Carthago/Carthage you fucking mong

>London
Worst city in the entire world, it has ALWAYS been. The only reason London has any meaning for anyone is because of all the media associated with it.

It is filthy, disgusting, very nasty to be around, not great to live in unless you're a millionaire/billionaire (and even then really shit) and even if you genocided half of the population it would still be too full.

It's only fit for arab barbarians who are right at home with all the sickness, disgusting shit and filth.

Pic related.

Attached: 454301674.jpg (730x520, 359K)

Let me ask a simpler question, how much sunlight is there in the territories inhabited by these people and what does said sunlight do to the skin?

Moreover, how much time did ancient people spend indoors and how much did they spend outside?

There are a lot of nice buildings in london. Like all cities there are bad areas, but i just stay away

The amount of bad buildings in London is quite literally the last problem the city has. Lived there for 3 years because I roped myself into the university meme, I went back to visit my uni last year and was astonished how I managed to survive. Then I remembered I spent most of my uni days locked in my house playing Dota...

Attached: 9b101331216e411bc5fe7ded019e4c5f.jpg (480x367, 54K)

I've personally had a pretty positive experience (except the traffic)

>I always imagine it gone much earlier.
Of course you do. It wasn't DA JOOS. It was Western Europeans of which America is decended. Constantinople was never theirs so after Rome they had nothing else and wrote the history books accordingly. Now semiretarded fedoras can talk with authority about the fictional "Dark Ages" while a Christian empire reigned supreme for a thousand years in the East.

It is truly sad. To think that so many other cities will one day meet its fate. It is better to have a city burned, and the ground salted, then left in the hands of foreigners.

Attached: Check Source.png (1567x810, 45K)

Rats have a positive experience in the sewer.

London is a disgusting, filthy city fit for barbarians or uncivilized people. How else do you tolerate the concrete, lack of anything real, lack of any point in existence inside the crowd?

I suppose you're a paki or arab. Or something of the sort. Or your parents were shit. There's a reason, of course.

London is like 80% none-white. didnt see a single white person for days when I visited

I like to visit historical buildings.
I'm sorry that you ended up in the shit areas, but london isn't all like that.
It doesn't become a tourist hotspot by being a shithole

Did you see the new billboards around the town with black women in hijab being presented as the future or as advertisement for uni and shit? I found it hilarious that those popped up recently, means that what I thought was the bottom isn't for brits.

The great traitor deserved to have his city taken by subhumans and renamed

ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE

No it's not, it's something like 60% white.

youtube.com/watch?v=qe9uOpCCvnI

Attached: Constantinople.jpg (992x748, 190K)

>I like to visit historical buildings.
Those are nice, sure, but they don't make a city any good at all.

>I'm sorry that you ended up in the shit areas, but london isn't all like that.
3 years, I've seen the whole city.

>It doesn't become a tourist hotspot by being a shithole
It's a tourist hotspot because of media. London is the home of the jew and the home of mass media, not to mention having scored a lot of popular fictional media in the recent decades.

Anyway, I don't see you denying you're a shitskin sandnigger, so case closed.

more like 45%

What's with your racist attitude? As long ss foreigners integrate there is no problem

>racist attitude
Shitskin pretty much confirmed. At least be a Pajeet and not a Mudslime and you're tolerable enough.

Just like all catholic cities now? Stop being a faggot and open your eyes, Christianity has done nothing but test Europe apart

Shitskins are shitskins, the fact that you feel comfortable in a concrete, filthy, disgusting disease factory very clearly shows how incompatible our values are. My racism is the most perfectly natural, instinctive feeling a human being has.

>As long ss foreigners integrate there is no problem
Yes there is, integrating means nothing but staying out of trouble. You do not belong in white countries, Europe, or among us easterners. Stay in Britain. Shit it up. Make it like your homeland. They absolutely deserve it. But you're still a sandnigger, still a barbarian, still a sub-human.

All abrahamic religions are treacherous

>At least be a Pajeet and not a Mudslime
Pajeet would have raged when I called him a paki, plus he's timid and arabs are usually boisterous, most other mudslime shitskins are also pretty fucking full of themselves, so 99% paki.

I'm not a 'shitskin', I'm Anglo-Saxon. But i don't get your attitude. Most foreigners who come here embrace the culture or if they Don't, they keep it to themselves.

>I'm not a 'shitskin', I'm Anglo-Saxon
>But i don't get your attitude

Kek

>lives in London
>doesn't get offended when called shitskin
>makes no attempt to deny sandnigger
>suddenly comes out of nowhere saying he's a non-racist anglo-saxon
>lives in London and somehow doesn't mind foreigners
Nice try Ahmed. It's ok, it's not your fault your grandmother fucked her brother.

Let me guess, you have shitskin friends, correct? A shitskin girlfriend, perhaps?

>Most foreigners who come here embrace the culture

Most foreigners who migrate to the UK create parrarrel cultures and segregate themselves within the ethnoreligious enclaves they form.

Just as a weeaboo can never be Japanese, a non-European can never become "British", in anything other than a legal or geographical sense.

Okay, tell me when the majority of Arabs become Christian and their voting patterns reflect normal Britons.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 6.46.23 pm.png (1440x1298, 434K)

You are a shitskin dude lol wtf

WRONG

>leaf enters the thread
Shitskin refers to arabs, retard. If you're gonna shitpost at least try not to embarrass yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=QRRQQVK6nV8

Of course i don't get offended when i get called shitskin, like i said, I'm anglo-saxon, but what's important is not race, but culture.
Humans of different ethnicity are very similar, but cultures are not. Some have shit cultures, but as long as they don't try to destroy our culture, they're welcome

>Japan being less collectivist than the westernized, partially Christianized American colonies of Taiwan and Korea

That graph is false.

>they keep it to themselves
It sure feels good to have 100% muslim Shariah-controlled zones, right? Is "keeping to yourself" the multiculturalism you had in mind? There is only one culture there

I've never seen such a thing

Japan had a manor system, unlike the rest of East Asia. You can have different selective pressures within the same race, but they tend to be minor. Tend to.

Attached: Genetic Data.png (1404x662, 188K)

>What's with your racist attitude? As long ss foreigners integrate there is no problem
brits are the most brainwashed plebs on the planet
your aritstocracy perfected bread and circuses to the point theyve got you all hooked on beer and soccer and willingly let yourselves be replaced. All the good brits left for America or Aus or got killed in the wars.

SHUU YOUR MOUTH YOU TURKISH RAPE BABY

They speak the language, observe the customs, contribute to society. What more could you ask. Even if they are muslim, it's usually a nominal thing

>I'm anglo-saxon, but what's important is not race, but culture.
So you're a paki shitskin who LARPs as an anglo-saxon becuase you adopted their culture, and are not just switching? Dunno which one is more embarrassing.

Gotta admire your support of other sandniggers, Ahmed.

I'm ethnically Anglo-Saxon, but i don't see race as important as culture. Give me a logical reason to think less of a 'cultural Anglo-Saxon'

less syllables

He would of never used the word Byzantine.

He would of said Rome.

Annoyingly you are all wrong.

Constantinople is an English Translation of the Greek saying “Constantine’s City” which was its nickname,

It’s official name was Rome or Roma Nova (new Rome) it was the capital city of the East Roman Empire and eventually just the Roman Empire once the West fell.

Historians call it Byzantine apparently to avoid confusion with the Holy Roman Empire. But many also think it was a play on words by the Catholic Church to pull away the legitimacy of Rome away from the east back to the west.

Attached: B7C24EA3-F880-4632-9299-6642B36EDD83.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

Constantinople was best when it was still Roman and when it still had a sizeable Latin population. It went to shit once all the "Alexandros" lineage took over.

Because "Byzantine" is a neologism by historians to describe the west part of the Roman empire, that existed untill 1453.
The empire was called Imperium Romanum and its citizens called themselves Romans.
Byzantium was the name of this city before Constantine moving the capital of the Roman empire there.

>Wears full body bed sheets into the markets every day
>Shies away from conversation if approached
>Muslim-majority areas organically develop their own de facto Sharia Police
>"Nominal difference"

this

Since when do most Muslims contribute to British society? Some do, surely, but the overwhelming majority contain themselves within impoverished slums where the only law derives directly from Islamic custom.

Islamic scripture dictates that those who follow it ought to be hostile against most values British culture upholds.

>>Wears full body bed sheets into the markets every day
this is the only place in europe ive ever seen a woman in a burkha. At the tesco, was like a jawa came in to trade droids.

Εις ταν Πόλιν

They are so rare. Exception, not rule

>Constantinople was best when it was still Roman and when it still had a sizeable Latin population. It went to shit once all the "Alexandros" lineage took over.
And yet it was a center of culture of power for a thousand years after the latins left. Until the latins got butthurt and invaded in the 4th crusade and even ransacked Saint Helena's tomb to bring relics back to Venice. And that's why we have Istanbul today.

>but the overwhelming majority contain themselves within impoverished slums where the only law derives directly from Islamic custom.
Source?
Also, they aren't all fanatical, they may believe in God, but they rarely follow the customs

Time traveler here. Constantinople was pretty boring. Food was 5/10 and there were rats in my "fancy" hotel room. Grapes were pretty fresh though.

These fucking retards replying to this Brit like he isn’t trolling

Everything about it is "garbage"

Racism and the differences between race do not need to be explained. If someone asks you to explain them, he has already been brainwashed into the opposite. The human mind has a wonderful ability to utterly convince itself when faced with illogical ideas, so my time is wasted.

>And yet it was a center of culture of power

Yes, but a non-roman culture and power. No more chariot races, arena fights, western Roman architecture, or even language. It went full post Greek where statues were considered heresy according to the Orthodox church. At that point, Byzantium was multicultural. Emperors used Greek names, brown skin on paintings, a full family dynasty, etc. At this point, it would no-longer be called a "Roman Empire" not even an eastern continuation of the western empire. Just a hijack of ancient infrastructures.

Culture, besides the funny hats and holidays, is just the behaviour of men. This behaviour is primarily a reflection of their genetics, and when men collect in groups, the tendency to group conformity exacerbates the inherent genetic tendency.

This is why Japanese in Brazil are more violent than Japanese in Japan, but why Japanese in Brazil are less violent than other Brazilians. They get roughed up by whatever the racial makeup of the rest of Brazil is, but, when they're secluded on an island, their natural tendency towards shyness and politeness manifests itself, and is actualised. So, when a naïve Westerner like yourself sees them, you might think "Oh, the Japanese have a polite culture", and if you saw a single Black in Japan being polite you might think "Oh, he's integrated to this culture", but all your really doing is looking at the dancing shadows on the wall, and not grasping the fire behind it that's really governing things.

So, yeah, you might end up with a White man with Black skin, like Thomas Sowell, but the gene pool of Afro-Americans, or Sub-saharan Africans, is reflected in whatever we usually mean when we say "African culture". The tendency of people to collect with others like themselves in multiracial states means that different sub-nations will develop within the nation your ancestors built, and these differences in the genes of men will be manifest.

Attached: Ukiyo-e.jpg (1515x1019, 269K)

Yeh, they dont follow any cusroms, barely even muslim

Attached: EF7BE3EA-AAF1-49DE-90B0-0B916632095B.jpg (259x194, 26K)

According to Pew research most have pretty backwards views, that being said I doubt they contribute much less than British people from the same socio-economic background.

And now it’s a Muslim cuckhole. What a joke.

You are deluded and out of your depth.

*all you're really doing is watching

youtube.com/watch?v=3_mEctH8e4w

The Hagia Sophia should be returned.

Its still there, although Erdoroach wants to tear it down.

Erdojuan is ethnically Georgian like Stalin and Mrs. Spencer.

Attached: IMG_6599.jpg (3794x2787, 685K)

>These fucking retards replying to this Brit like he isn’t trolling
Im a burger here on vacation and they really do think like him. Hyper politically correct. But yet their aristocrats (minus one) hang out with completely white cohorts. Makes you think.

you've been brainwashed by western thinking. Come to Europe and see that the first Christian tombs had greek writing, roman culture borrowed heavily from Greek and Etruscan culture, and the latter was itself heavily influenced by Greek influx.
If you think Constantinople was some backwater after the west fell you might be surprised to read stories of the disbelief of the latin invaders at the immense wealth they found (and stole) when they sacked Constantinople.

Attached: 1518398849835.png (672x714, 288K)

Have you actually met a Muslim? They're literally third-world in mindset and don't seem to discipline their kids, unless daughters. Their sons scream and cry like spoiled brats well into adulthood. The older men try haggling everything or swindle like bazaar merchants... at a fucking chain store.

I'm not joking. Muslim males are spoiled brats from birth.

>Daddy I want toy
>Daddy I want mercedes
>Daddy I want whore
>Daddy I want nightclub time
>Waaaaaaaah!