*SPYGATE* Amazon confirms that Echo device secretly shared user’s private audio

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/05/amazon-confirms-that-echo-device-secretly-shared-users-private-audio/
archive.li/VqVdI
>Amazon confirmed an Echo owner's privacy-sensitive allegation on Thursday, after Seattle CBS affiliate KIRO-7 reported that an Echo device in Oregon sent private audio to someone on a user's contact list without permission.

>"Unplug your Alexa devices right now," the user, Danielle (no last name given), was told by her husband's colleague in Seattle after he received full audio recordings between her and her husband, according to the KIRO-7 report. The disturbed owner, who is shown in the report juggling four unplugged Echo Dot devices, said that the colleague then sent the offending audio to Danielle and her husband to confirm the paranoid-sounding allegation. (Before sending the audio, the colleague confirmed that the couple had been talking about hardwood floors.)

>After calling Amazon customer service, Danielle said she received the following explanation and response: "'Our engineers went through all of your logs. They saw exactly what you told us, exactly what you said happened, and we're sorry.' He apologized like 15 times in a matter of 30 minutes. 'This is something we need to fix.'"

>Danielle next asked exactly why the device sent recorded audio to a contact: "He said the device guessed what we were saying." Danielle didn't explain exactly how much time passed between the incident, which happened "two weeks ago," and this customer service response.

>When contacted by KIRO-7, Amazon confirmed the report and added in a statement that the company "determined this was an extremely rare occurrence." Amazon didn't clarify whether that meant such automatic audio-forwarding features had been built into all Echo devices up until that point, but the company added that "we are taking steps to avoid this from happening in the future."

Attached: 1517081579245.png (1188x1082, 970K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/life/food/2013/12/mayonnaise_hatred_a_brief_history_of_mayo_and_disgust.html?via=gdpr-consent
youtube.com/watch?v=kv8gvXPwWjY
youtube.com/watch?v=QxAd0n2c5M8
youtube.com/watch?v=-wu_pO5Z7Pk
youtu.be/CgY2N7E0eEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you trying to tell me that maybe i shouldn't put listening devices made by a company who works for the CIA in my home? nonsense.

Nothing Mumkey Jones says in private could be more incriminating than what he says in his videos.

>CIA
Israel was intended to be the hub of the NWO where a giant AI resides at the supreme court and sucks in all data from the globe. AI was intended to settle all disputes among a list of other things.

No shit batman everyone with a brain knows they do this.

Only retards spend their own money on shit like this

It's one thing to know and another thing for them to admit it outright.

>After calling Amazon customer service, Danielle said she received the following explanation and response: "'Our engineers went through all of your logs. They saw exactly what you told us, exactly what you said happened, and we're sorry.' He apologized like 15 times in a matter of 30 minutes. 'This is something we need to fix.'"

I'd hate to be that CSR. All you can do is apologize and agree that it needs to be fixed. Everything you own is spying on you, unfortunately. Even your microwaves (I know, I know... but it's true whether you believe it or not).

That's why the israeli supreme court has teh all seeing eye.

That doesn't change the fact that Amazon took $600 million from the CIA.

>Only retards spend their own money on shit like this
At one point around Christmas prime members could get their base model for basically nothing after rebate offers and what-not

Attached: 1496410460898.png (2260x1242, 1.18M)

>Intel

Attached: 1525168001806.png (450x416, 205K)

How is this a shock to anyone.

Attached: animefamily.png (300x300, 102K)

I got a new washing machine that was on sale super cheap for an LG. It's got wifi and it will periodically connect to any open ad hoc network so I gutted the adapter. No more spy washer

WHO THE FUCK IS HONESTLY SURPRISED BY THIS, YOU LITERALLY BOUGHT A BUG TO PLANT IN YOUR HOME

Nobody has to be surprised for people to be talking about it you fucking retard.

KILL BEZOS

You're a fucking retard, burger. I bet you put mayonnaise on every sandwich you fat fuck

>what are "smart" phones

Hello Shlomo.

slate.com/articles/life/food/2013/12/mayonnaise_hatred_a_brief_history_of_mayo_and_disgust.html?via=gdpr-consent

Attached: 1504665619497.png (1496x650, 483K)

Twice. No, you know what? Kill that fucker until he is DEAD. Four times? Sixteen times? I don't care if it takes 200,000.

You still have a smart phone in your pocket. What do you think it is doing 24/7?

They are programmed to listen for and respond to phrases like "hey, Siri" or "OK google". That means the mic is on 24/7 listening and proccessing the audio to listen for those phrases.

What other phrases is it programmed to listen for and send reports if it hears? They could make it listen for literally any phrase. People have to be ridiculously naive to think they are only listening for a single phrase.

>Led by Russia, the top ten of mayo loving nations is dominated by Eastern European nations in the following order: Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Belgium, Estonia, Latvia, Chile, Netherlands, Poland.

sure loving that high fat GMO ridden estrogen mimicking testosterone lowering goop, dontcha burgisimo

I thought Google disabled that when the phone was locked? I know my S4 doesn't respond when I do it if it's locked. I keep the battery out of mine about 80% of the day anyway, so I'm not too worried about it either way.

No I was just pointing out how odd your insult was because literally yesterday there was a thread about how Jews projected that shit onto white people. You can't even hide the fact you're a hook nosed kike.

>Microsoft spys on you
>Facebook spys on you
>Google spys on you
>Amazon spys on you
>IBM spys on you
Welcome to the brave new world.

This shit stops when either users stop using this shit, or we start lynching the spies.

Here is a picture of Zuck with his mic and webcam covered on his laptop. Think he knows something we don't?

Attached: cover_mic_webcam.jpg (690x345, 71K)

I'm amazed there haven't been more whistleblowers. Thousands and thousands of people working on the inside and apparently 99.99% of them are cool with all the spying, or at least not troubled enough to expose it.

Programmers are all leftist sheep.

Yes I can, stop trying to fish a time stamped picture of my foreskin. Amerilards love mayo, call me a kike for pointing out the obvious

Since americans are unarguably the most submissive population outside the UK, the only option is becoming a near luddite. I have a 3g flip phone with a potato camera, no wifi in my house, and i drive old cars.

I doubt big companies like these outsource to Pajeet, so their core developers must be getting paid top £ for their time, with perhaps a little hush £ on the side.

>hey, Siri
Fucking hell, yeah what do you want now !

Attached: 1514009427073.jpg (1152x3037, 1.9M)

You think that's fucked up? Google's listening to you right now if there's a mic hooked up to your PC:
youtube.com/watch?v=kv8gvXPwWjY

>tfw all these years being a freetard has paid off

Got a X60 with libreboot and parabola and a Galaxy note 2 with replicant 6.0.

You called us people zealots and fanatics but we are in the right. I know exactly what is going on with any of my devices and what data is being transmitted.

Free as in freedom not as in free beer.

www.fsf.org

Attached: black_sun_dance.jpg (640x902, 126K)

I can't speak for Amazon, but facebook employees know full well what facebook is, and they don't use it, aside from being required to have an account for their jobs. They are worse than sheep. They would literally do anything for money.

Have you guys noticed how Mark Zuckerberg has been asked the question multiple times about Facebook's "shadow profiles" where they will create profiles of people who aren't even members of that site? He's always incapable of answering any questions related to that and visibly gets flustered and shaken when asked those questions.

Why is this even a list, as in who spent their time even researching this, and then posted it on wikipedia?

the funny thing is average people know what these devices will do, they know what social media will do, but they still purchase & partake in the madness.

>protip: all you need is a tv, vidya console, lappy. shut your router off when not using data. leave all social media, you can live withouf a cellular

Technology is supposed to enhance our humanity, but it doesn't. The corporations are trying to shape the public consciousness as they see fit. They have perverted technology to fit their needs rather than use it as a way to enhance all our lives.

Can't smartphones do the same thing? Laptops tend to have built in mics.....this shit is all getting a bit retarded.

See where this is going...Bezos

Attached: Amazon:CIA.png (1015x888, 695K)

Things have gotten so out of hand that they can map out your house based on your devices, router, and how the wifi signals bounce.

geez, I wonder who could be behind this.

Attached: blurredjew.jpg (336x400, 180K)

>>shut your router off when not using data
There is already ubiquitous Wi-Fi in some areas owned by ISPs. While (you) using it would need to sign in and what not, I have no doubt there's some Jewish backdoor that lets Microsoft and the rest of them send shit without your consent. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft has it build where their services piggyback of any available Wi-Fi connection for spying purposes, but doesn't let you use that internet for yourself.

Why the fuck would a washing machine need wifi in the first place?

youtube.com/watch?v=QxAd0n2c5M8

>Good goy, here, check out this new digital assistant device! Look, I'll even give you a discount, what a steal! Come on, just buy it!
I'll repeat what the other user said: If you willingly purchase and use a product like this designed by a company that literally harvests data for the CIA and FBI, you are a fucking moron. It would be stupid even if it was free or given to you as a gift.

>Amazon works for the CIA

Amazon is it's own super-villain empire. If anything the CIA works for Jeff.

>No shit batman everyone with a brain knows they do this.
This. Listening in on your conversations IS LITERALLY WHAT IT'S FOR.

Attached: 1235803519245.png (738x895, 251K)

>qualcomm chip
>SS7
>free
The only thing worse than insecurity is a false sense of security.
>youtube.com/watch?v=-wu_pO5Z7Pk

FPBP.

Never buy this crap. And if you buy things like a "Smart TV", don't connect that shit to the internet.

Leave the spotify app open on your phone and play mexican music/christian rock. It will come up under suggested music within a day or two and ads might be in spanish

>It's one thing to know and another thing for them to admit it outright.
Lol no it's not.

Holy shit I did not know that. Looks like the EOMA68 is the only way to be free.

To determine if the tide pods you purchased were used for your clothes or if you ate them.

Why the fuck would you have this thing in your house?

It's worse than that. SS7 makes any device connected to it vulnerable to remote exploits like real-time tracking, and eavesdropping/dropping/redirecting phone calls. The whole point of the lecture is that the entire protocol stack is compromised, it doesn't matter what the end-user device is or if it's FOSS.

The vulnerabilities in the protocols make mobile networks literally global botnets.

Alex Jones was right again.

This is the only thing you should be concerned about.. it is connected to pizzagate, QFagFraudnon and the Elite...
It is ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
>when it is fully in place we will not have any recourse
It will be too late...
>the elite worship demons and satan
>Elon musk says we are summoning the demons with AI
>CERN mass sacrifice to Shiva
>the elite are worshiping technology
>AI will be their saving grace and god

youtu.be/CgY2N7E0eEs

We must stop THEM before it's too late

We must really consider the following
>social media credit score system
Your a bad goy the AI shuts you out of society, no more privileges which are given to good boys
>AI rulers
The computer says what is most efficient, your X/ and conspiracy is deleted cause AI has zero tolerance for this FAKE NEWS
>Datamining"'
Nonstop info being taken from you, this thing knows everything about you all your secrets

This is the biggest threat to mankind there is ..

It has begun

Attached: Israel-is-dead-to-GOD.jpg (1801x1160, 85K)

My cousin gave me one of these for free. I have it sitting next to my computer, where I frequently spout racist slurs as I play video games. They can collect my data, I don't give a shit. They'll find out that I'm an equal opportunity racist since I spout nigger, cracker, chink, streetshitter, wetback, mudslime, etc.

>it only listens while the light is on
topkek, I hope they sue Amazon.

Attached: ebba.png (1041x613, 348K)

>They can collect my data, I don't give a shit
t. will be permanently homeless in 10 years

Damn. Thanks for making me aware of this. I guess there is no real solution to this. Apart from staying off the cellular network. but then again you are severely handicapped without a cell phone since payphones are exceedingly rare these days.

low IQ NPC

Eagle eye there mutt.

>tfy you have boomer retard dad who spent his money on stupid shit like this

There are ways to mitigate the issues.
>turn on phone only to make calls
>use an Iridium satellite pager (it's like a regular pager but the message is broadcasted to the entire continent you're on)
>alternatively, set up a mail server that can receive text messages
>stay online with laptop/desktop, get messages there
or at the very least
>open up your phone (yes, you can open any phone without breaking it), unsolder the mic(s) and cameras, plug in external mic/headset for phone calls to prevent eavesdropping
Still the main takeaway here is that you can't use phones for any kind of secure communication.

You're probably right, I was referring to their contract with the CIA to provide "cloud storage".

Based on the pricing, I'm pretty sure AWS is all about the

it will eventually be free, then mandatory
then comes THE CHIP

Attached: 1480751616744.gif (500x221, 15K)

So you can start the wash cycle from your phone, goyi- I mean I loyal customer. Why just press the button that you'd naturally be standing right next to after loading the machine, when you can pull out your phone and do it? So futuristic.

leftists are because they trust big ass corporations that have a friendly front as if they're not evil and compiling everything about you and storing it then selling it to the highest bidder

>audio about hardwood floors
>not her squeals as the husband shoves her next shit back a fortnight

Fucking amazon, useless fucks cant do anything right

they already do this with phones and targeted ads too

Why does this surprise anyone?

This is real-time ad targeting software. I can't fucking believe people are this stupid.

Attached: 1235790909698.png (504x395, 460K)

>It's one thing to know and another thing for them to admit it outright.

its actually no difference my dude

So you worked at fakebook? Tell us some stuff.

never make fun of bugmen in public.
it absolutely destroys a numales sense of worth.
it's a funny joke but they can't handle self deprecating humor

Who the fuck even buys that shit?
Like honestly can't you just google the things you want to know instead of talking to the air like a fucking retard?

Attached: 1518135191708.jpg (514x601, 43K)

Hes still a fat fuck though.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes xD

MPAI

>protip: all you need is a tv, vidya console, lappy.

if you really "need" these, you are already compromised to an extent, that you actually dont have to gaf about the other stuff

Why tolerate it?

Attached: 1235103869193.jpg (1920x1200, 337K)

I have a really strong feeling that Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Jack Dorsey, Steve Huffman and other tech CEOs and executives are going to go to prison for a very very very long time. That is if they don't get put to death for treason.

There's outrage over this even though smartphones have allowed the same thing for the past 15 years?

Anyone with a Google Home or a samsung smart tv, which is connected to your google account: While the device is inactive, try repeating some obscure keywords you normally wouldn't use. Like a product you definitely wouldn't even think of buying.

Smart move, seems all home devices are slowly "adapting to the times" and forcing wifi connectivity. I know the veil is that the wifi is for remote usage i.e. turning it on via your Apple© iphone.
Fucking kikes teaming with alphabets

Dont roombas do this too?

Google doesn't disable that even if Airplane mode is on.
Australia is investigating Google because each Android phone secretly sends 1GB of data each month to their Headquarters.

> OK Gas
Nice id

Jeff is one of the CIA bosses, no joke.

millions of wage slaves who impulse buy everything on prime because going to a local store is too hard now.

Didn't see that coming.

Attached: Pol People.jpg (715x313, 28K)

(((Echo)))

Attached: sneaky 2.png (455x548, 24K)

>implying it doesn't have a wireless connectivity to circumvent that
Fuck a smart TV. If I need smart technology capability I can just use an android box that doesn't have a camera watching me.