Let's get the noggin joggin

If this is a universe without purpose, why do we have the facility to wonder what our purpose is? Why would we feel something so innately for something that doesn't exist?
We know the existence of food because we feel hunger and are nourished when we fulfil that need. Does the hunger for a purpose prove the existence of purpose?

Attached: images (26).jpg (384x384, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zI_F4nOKDSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Nothing exists in the mind that hasn't already been experienced through the senses. "

You're right to think that purpose exists because it's something we are born to search for like a bird flying south for winter. We live in a hardline materialistic world though and since we can't prove what purpose is, we cut it out because its inconvenient to the narrative despite it being something we all experience.

There's a reason a rampantly materialistic world that rejects a universe without purpose is more depressed, anxious and childless than one where you find religion.

I didn't really want this to be about religion vs atheism. Can't the universe have a purpose without God?

If you believe the universe had a "purpose" than that would be God ontologically. Otherwise you can believe in a multiverse but that only offers a cause but no purpose

>why do we have the facility to wonder what our purpose is?
because "purpose" = following orders.
and humanity is a slave species.
we're tortured by morality and as such don't like to be responsible for anything and would prefer someone seemingly more confident to give us orders and permission.

Attached: 100percentrotten.png (1002x750, 784K)

Even non-shitskins?

Attached: images (20).jpg (335x439, 24K)

Attached: 1519855974191.gif (306x469, 47K)

technically you're giving an account of empiricism with your quote. either way you're saying nothing, because materialism at this juncture in philosophy is largely a meaningless concept as we have no concept of matter any longer. "Matter" used to mean fundamental atomic structure up until the early 20th century. Now as physics theories have evolved and we view quantum fields as more fundamental, but haven't really grasped it yet.

regardless, your quote is just wrong anyway. imagination transcends experience. You can imagine any geometric shape, song, text, image whatever without having sensed anything real and identical to it.
That said, practically all our WORDS can be etymologically traced back to having empirical referents. Yet even so, the human mind still has this amazing ability to abstract and employ metaphor and metonymy to establish new meanings, often through poetry and song - which is again another blow against classical empiricism because you didn't sense that poetry and song before you created it.

>Even non-shitskins?
especially

What greater purpose than to secure the existence of our people and a future for white children?

Attached: images (27).jpg (439x335, 13K)

Yea it was a bad use of the quote tbf friendly burger. I was extending the use of the word "sense" to mean feeling that's to say we can't conceptualise things that we cannot feel/sense.
Metaphor and allogory are simply methods to explain deeper truths that we can sense. We know shapes exist because we've seen them, there's not much more of a stretch to make up different variations of shapes based on the same theme. Can we make 5 demensional objects? Can we conceive what that may look like?

The Universe is what you get when God starts shitposting.

Is God /ourguy?

Attached: 1507440322625.jpg (641x530, 41K)

The universe cannot exist without an observer. Matter cannot exist seperate from consciousness.
youtube.com/watch?v=zI_F4nOKDSM

The old zen koan: if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
The correct answer is no.

To ascribe a purpose to the universe is to create it. That's why both humans and lifeforms and the universe exist and also why God exists.
Headfuckery goes mental at the level of existence of matter. The universe is dependent on our observation of it.

Attached: 1524655838493.gif (512x512, 650K)

If he exists then he's on our is side. We're basically trying yo restore the natural order

Your entire objective reality exists in your personal brain!

Cool huh!

Start asking questions about the construct of existence as you know it - this is where shit gets interesting.

Form -> Function ? | Function -> Form ?

Why a heart-beat ? why gravity ? why eyes ? ears ? - all 1000% taken for granted...but why ?

Simple questions...right ?

Why were we born into bodies more complex than our understanding ?

Why time ? Why sequence anything ? If things where not sequenced ... would we know the answer to everything already ? ... would we WANT to know the answer to everything ?

If you were god and had all the time in the world ... how would you keep your self occupied ? :)

even more interesting - why is the moon observable - and even more hilariously - just in reach of an advanced species from earth ? why is Mars conveniently placed just in reach of a slightly MORE advanced species - like a step 2 if you will, i could go on about other systems but you get the picture - if you think about it - its just too obvious. of all possible constructs and variations of shapes forces vectors our little solor systems layout and its position in a larger universe seems a little too obvious if you ask me.

>Nothing exists in the mind that hasn't already been experienced through the senses
What about abstract thought?

the question is are the separable ? why would a brain exist without input. why would input exist without a processing center ?

The thing that plays games with my bain is why is the Moon exactly the perfect distance from the Earth that results in totality during an eclipse? It's really fucking strange when you think about it.

And another thing: the proportions of the human body such as the ratio between the length of a hand to the distance between elbow and fingertip. I know about the golden mean and fibonacci sequence, but why is that also present in seashells and galaxies? What about Planck's constant?

maslow's hierarchy of needs. higher levels.

Thats exactly the kind of stuff i mean.

People get caught up in the minutia and it pisses me off so much !

My absolute favorite is Atheists - they blow my mind endlessly!

How the fuck can you be in an existence governed by so many interconnected physical and mathematical laws in order to allow your dumbshitass the ability to undergo the vastly complex process of reproduction, then not even wonder about why you were gifted the ABILITY to say ... ( THIS IS ALL RANDOM BULSHIT - IM AN ATHEIST ) - this just blows my mind so hardcoe. makes me think they are just so self-centered that because they cant understand anything around them they just say - fuck it - it HAS to be random.