Wtf are you kidding me?

wtf are you kidding me?
>tucson.com/news/local/feds-uber-self-driving-suv-in-arizona-saw-pedestrian-seconds/article_f4817b98-5f63-11e8-b386-1732458ded61.html

I can no longer view certain American websites due to shitty EU regs?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-25 Blocked due to GDPR.png (1280x910, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tucson.com/news/local/feds-uber-self-driving-suv-in-arizona-saw-pedestrian-seconds/article_f4817b98-5f63-11e8-b386-1732458ded61.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Das right.

It’s cheaper for them to block than to follow the regulations

Yeah, i just noticed this as well. What the fuck? Just found out that when we 'leave' the EU next year these regulations will stay in place. And people wonder why i hate the EU and big government.

>tucson.com/news/local/feds-uber-self-driving-suv-in-arizona-saw-pedestrian-seconds/article_f4817b98-5f63-11e8-b386-1732458ded61.html

European visitors are not really profitable for them. Better blocking you that potentially losing 4% of global revenue.

shieeet

in b4 EU Jow Forums blackout

>Just found out that when we 'leave' the EU next year these regulations will stay in place.
So what's the point of the Brexit?

Attached: 1526946612655.jpg (667x593, 242K)

Wait, so the actual website is blocking you and not some EU proxy?

Well no shit they stay in force. For decades majority of new laws and regulation has been from EU so you'd have to rework decades of legislature to rid yourself of EU influence.

And nothing of value was lost. It is time for us Europeans to stop indulging in American entertainment and news, for it is cancer upon our nations! They don't block us, we block them!

Yes. Otherwise they get fined.

Gathering data on users is so ingrained in those websites that it's easier for them to just block out EU rather than just stop spying on people and selling their information.

I honestly don't understand the guys on here that complain about GDPR. You rave all the time about botnets and spying but when an actual law that bans it comes into place you lose your mind.

You people are fucking weird man.

Yeah, the EU has made the majority of the laws you've passed the last 10ish years. So the UK have decided to more or less copy the EU laws after you leave.

Even Norway and Switzerland just copy EU laws because they're dependent on trade with EU. even when UK leaves they'll have to continue making laws in line with the EU or get fucked economically.

Feds: Braking system disabled in Uber self-driving SUV that fatally struck Arizona woman

DETROIT — The autonomous Uber SUV that struck and killed an Arizona pedestrian in March spotted the woman about six seconds before hitting her, but did not stop because the system used to automatically apply brakes in potentially dangerous situations had been disabled, according to federal investigators.

In a preliminary report on the crash, the National Transportation Safety Board said Thursday that emergency braking is not enabled while Uber's cars are under computer control, "to reduce the potential for erratic vehicle behavior."

Instead, Uber relies on a human backup driver to intervene. The system, however, is not designed to alert the driver.

The findings, which are not final, should be a warning to all companies testing autonomous vehicles to check their systems to make sure they automatically stop when necessary in the environment where they are being tested, said Alain Kornhauser, faculty chairman of autonomous vehicle engineering at Princeton University.

Uber, he said, likely determined in testing that its system braked in situations it shouldn't have, possibly for overpasses, signs and trees. "It got spoofed too often," Kornhauser said. "Instead of fixing the spoofing, they fixed the spoofing by turning it off."

In the Tempe, Arizona, crash, the driver began steering less than a second before impact but didn't brake until less than a second after impact, according to the NTSB, which has yet to determine fault.

A video of the crash showed the driver looking down just before the vehicle struck and killed 49-year-old Elaine Herzberg in what is believed to be the first death involving a self-driving test vehicle.

Attached: 9ec2305df6c4deb8332ecb8f6b546db692dba69abc02a277260c3618c0cf8db5.jpg (720x478, 29K)

Uber said in a company release that it has worked closely with the NTSB and is doing an internal review of its self-driving vehicle program. The company also has brought in former NTSB Chairman Christopher Hart as a safety advisor. "We look forward to sharing more on the changes we'll make in the coming weeks," the release said. The company declined further comment.

The report comes a day after Uber pulled its self-driving cars out of Arizona, eliminating the jobs of about 300 people who served as backup drivers and performed other jobs connected to the vehicles. Uber had suspended testing of its self-driving vehicles in Arizona, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Toronto while regulators investigated the cause of the March 18 crash.

Sensors on the fully autonomous Volvo XC-90 SUV spotted Herzberg while the car was traveling 43 miles per hour and determined that braking was needed 1.3 seconds before impact, according to the report.

A diagram in the NTSB report shows that the Uber system determined that the SUV needed to brake when it was at least 20 meters (65.6 feet) from Herzberg; it was traveling 39 mph (63 kilometers per hour) at impact. Kornhauser said that was enough distance for the SUV to stop, or slow considerably to mitigate damage from the crash.

Herzberg was pushing a bicycle across a boulevard in the darkness when the crash occurred on a part of the road that had no crosswalk and was not lighted, the report said.

How in the actual fuck could an EU nation fine an American website? They have no jurisdiction, tell them to fuck right the hell off.

She was wearing dark clothing and did not look in the direction of the vehicle until just before impact. A toxicology report showed that she tested positive for methamphetamine and marijuana, according to the NTSB. Also, the bicycle had no side reflectors and the front and back reflectors.

Uber also disabled the Volvo's factory-equipped automatic emergency braking system when the vehicle is in autonomous mode, the report said.

In an interview with the NTSB, Uber's backup driver said she had been monitoring the "self-driving interface." While her personal and business telephones were in the vehicle, she said neither was in use at the time of the crash.

The NTSB said that all other aspects of the SUV's self-driving system were running normally at the time, and there were no faults or diagnostic trouble messages.

The agency, which can make safety recommendations to other federal agencies, said information in the preliminary report can change as the investigation progresses and that no conclusions should be drawn from the report.

The report doesn't provide "any decisive findings or conclusions," said Daniel Scarpinato, spokesman for Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey. "We await the more thorough and final investigative report. Uber's self-driving vehicle suspension remains in place."

They thought Hillary would win

What is it's a website hosted in America and they don't give a shit about the EU? The EU can't exactly fine them there

you either have freedom of speech or you don't, and europe doesn't.

The same way that American courts and companies can fine European ones.

Fuck that is scary

You have got to be fucking shills. All this means is that the companies can't steal your information and sell it. How the fuck is that free speech.

>Gathering data on users is so ingrained in those websites that it's easier for them to just block out EU rather than just stop spying on people and selling their information.
Mate some of us use adblock and noscript.

OY GET THAT AMERICAN MEDIA LOICENSE OUT OR ELSE I'LL HAVE TO CLOBBER YA A GOOD ONE

Blackout friday.

>Merkel is not going to try to sue and take over american businesses.
Do you have any idea who or what you are talking about or do you just like to hear the sound of your own voice in your head ?

Attached: 3465457646756.jpg (1024x615, 140K)

That does fucking nothing. You just don't see the ads.

I'll say it again: Tell them to fuck off. Let some Eurotard country fine me because my website isn't compliant with their bullshit laws. They literally have NO way to enforce it. Fuck are they gonna do, invade?

That can only happen if they are here in the US. Websites aren't.

You have a very childish view of the business world in general

Merkel is a dried-up prune with a dusty vagina. I spit on her

It also means companies have to hire people to respond to ANY consumer request about the information collected about said consumer.
So any website that uses 'cookies', has to identify and send all cookies and metadata to anyone who requests it, on demand, or get fined.

lol don't let the Tuscon newspaper slip you a cookie

You idiots don't actually know why that site blocked you right? It did it because it was using your personal data, and probably sold it to advertisers and fuck knows who else. GDPR puts a stop to such shit, so your data won't be seen by every strange ass company, and the site thought your non privacy is way more important than to follow regulations. Now only data of the citizens outside of EU is sold en masse to everyone.

For people so anti big corps and privacy focused like the ones in here are you are dumb. This law literally stops your data from being sold to everyone without explicit consent.

yeah and I spit on hillary too but the point is the people they represent.
You are trying to tell me social justice warriors won't try to fuck with businesses.

Attached: 43365756.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

>Herzberg
>Meth and pot
>Driver "she"

Kek this story

This. I also like how that Finland flag is getting mad

So you actually have no argument. Thought so.

I am required to follow the laws of THIS country, not you fuckwads across the pond.

WHAT THE FUCK
I just used a VPN and it's true

>information collected about said consumer.

Yeah because asking them to stop tracking and selling your information is too much to ask you degenerate fuck.

>being this stupid

Can any Euros fill me in on the GDPR? Why doesn't this site want to comply?

Even an American shouldn't be this stupid.

If you own a business, hiring new employees is one of the most expensive things you can do. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Do tell me how the fuck you're going to collect a fine from a non-citizen on sovereign soil, moron.

> REEEE Why can't I just steal all your data???? Fucking Europeans and their privacy laws

The EU is shite, but the GDPR is a good law.

It's a super anal privacy law. You can't get any information that isn't specifically asked for, and only for the reason asked for, etc.

That sounds like a good thing to me. I don't imagine this tiny Tucson website was a big harvester of data though. What would be required of this website to meet regulation requirements?

guess what they don't respect your sovereign rights and have been forcibly taking people out of your country as they wish.
More Americans go missing in European Courts than in North Korea.

Attached: 5678576867.png (720x540, 325K)

GDPR is a data protection law that says that companies have to have your consent to collecting your information and selling it.
That means that they have to give you access to the information they collect on you. It's a privacy law that stops companies from tracking you. They close EU access because they refuse to stop tracking people since their whole business model revolves around it.

You're right, i'm not a business owner. I am however a former dev at Umbraco (probably the biggest C# CMS) and current team manager. They don't need to hire new employees just remove the tracking shit.

WTF you moron, you aren't providing that fucking newspaper with shit unless you send them an email Saying : Hi, I'm Sven! I like turtles and live in my mom's basement at 1234 Candletree Lane Omaha NE and like to pretend I''m a foreigner on the internet".

LMAO riiiiiight....

Because they make money selling user data.
The money they make doing this is worth far more than traffic from eurocucks.

Anyone who ever expected privacy online is a fucking retard. Information is a commodity to be bought and sold like anything else, and websites provide a service under the conditions you consent.

You're a memeflag tard but this is correct

denying it all you like doesn't change the fact they do it.

Attached: 35464575647.jpg (545x363, 37K)

>just remove the tracking shit
you want them to stop using cookies on their website? seems like it would be easier just to block the EU cucks

>I can no longer view certain American websites
Only view approved websites citizen!
Foreign media undermines EUSSR principles.

To be transparent for one, as in you always know what data they have of you, who they share it with, why they do that, to ask for your explicit consent in clear for that (no if u browse this site u accept lmao), for you to be able to always delete all of your data about you from their servers. Pretty much the main things, in the idea you are always in control of your data. Also the law applies to absolutely all companies, no matter the size or the orientation of business, as long as they use the data of any eu citizen.

In other words Europe's internet access to the world will shrink by what, 86 %?

98%

>calls people who are NOT having their data sold by a shitty tucson site cucks

He's right though

A cookie doesn't have any personal data.
lol retard

Nigga you retarded, you just revealed that you know nothing of how it works.

You don't seem to understand GDPR. You're allowed to do shit like cookies if they don't collect your information. They can collect your info if they can't in any way connected to you.

A web free of American shills sounds decent.

they probably are not selling user data. almost every website, including this one, uses cookies. enjoy your time on Jow Forums.

>Shitty eu regs that are protecting your privacy?
Anything that willingly violated the GDPR is probably going to fuck you in some way. Feel lucky your government is protecting you.

That sounds like a great idea, but I can see how smaller websites would be burdened. I'm a bit conflicted because I value what it's attempting a lot, we need something similar, but this is definitely going to have practical issues when it comes to any website that isn't Google

>"Government only websites sound great!"
You wear those chains well paint em gold.

Attached: 1514605483821.gif (1027x731, 111K)

America? No lol. You will only get "Euro approved" access. Nobody else cares.

There are legal agreements between countries to allow them to sue companies that do business in their territory. If EU citizens are getting served content and blah blah blah, the EU thinks they should be protected by EU laws. To local American news it's an irrelevant portion of traffic and they'd need to figure out what the laws are and how to obey them and then make changes to their website. Easier to ban.

Cookies do not violate the GDPR you brainlet. It just depends what you do with the information on those cookies that does. If you willingly implement tracker cookies and sell that data or scrape web info and sell it profit you are in violation of the GDPR. This website obviously does something similar or they wouldn't have to block OP.

you just don't see the content your data still gets harvested.

Attached: 234534645.png (657x527, 224K)

>>"Government only websites sound great!"
>"Euro approved"
I don't understand where you got this from? Anyone can have a website, just don't collect and sell people private info.

Is it just me or are all the european flag shills german?

Said the angry child in his parents basement, as actual employed people are in the process with reworking terms of service and system features to be compliant.

Maybe for giants like Facebook and Youtube that are INTENDED to have a global presence. Good luck suing a backwater local news site.

>steal your information
You're visiting the website and they are recording it. That's not stealing you dork. You're not entitled to my records.

Most likely, they're pathetic enough to be that way.

you havn't been alive very long have you ?

Attached: 123135432.png (873x700, 102K)

Yeah, I'm sure my local paper is updating their website to comply with EU law. Do you tards actually hear yourselves?

Attached: anglo_censorship2.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

The EU is continuing to help you poor fucks into oblivion...and some of you are WELCOMING it.

their nations burn and they are here to attempt to place their misery on you ofcourse they don't these people are suicidal and need help... not a talking to.

Attached: 123213434.png (933x527, 202K)

Meh, mid 20s. I don't see how that is relevant to wanting privacy from American companies though.

>Elaine (((Herzberg)))
At least nothing of value was lost, just a dead kike. Score one for the good guys.

Attached: 1522702621888.jpg (500x580, 123K)

Use a VPN you Bong nigger

>can't ready shitty local (((journalism))) from the US
>oblivion
Dramatic little bitch

your telling that to people that think they are entitled to rape a baby to death.
Go look up what internet cookies are you being lied to and your freedoms stripped from you.
In future when you want to talk about something you should know what the heck you are talking about before you start arguing it.

Attached: 213135345.jpg (1280x720, 378K)

EU nations are not being told what is happening with all the blacks with ak47 fighting their armies.

I remember several years ago Germany was going to pass some law to make Google remove old references to personal information...in some cases, information made public by the German government itself.
That's how fucking retarded they are about the internet. They actually thought Google was responsible for content. They're a fucking search engine fucktards! Make the websites in Germany remove that shit you fucks!

BUT I THOUGHT YOU YUROPS HAD NET NEUTRALITY HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

They are stealing your info. So instead of following the law that protects you they block you.

Read my other posts. I work on a CMS system called Umbraco. I know what cookies, you on the other hand needs to read up on it.

Yeah I do. We do business internationally and have a branch in EU territory.

Attached: 1475617185192.jpg (633x758, 96K)

Do you have a smartphone? Do you have any idea how much info that fucker spits off on it's own?

>cookies break the law of the internet.
This is why old people should be killed.
You people need to die enmasse.

Attached: 4576568765786787.jpg (1280x720, 378K)

Its a brit flag. He just wants to complain about the EU so he can look cool about brexit on a mongolian basket weaving forum. A total moron in other words.

And that has what to do with my post?