Cows produce methane among other greenhouse gases...

Cows produce methane among other greenhouse gases. Shouldn't we tax dairy and beef to correct for these negative externalities?

Attached: 1525003660780.jpg (1366x2048, 250K)

yes

I think we should push for a reduced consumption of animal products

Why?

Farming is already on a financial pivot, go ahead risk losing your food producers you dumb cucks what ever could go wrong.

>eating more sustainable and healthier grass-fed beef
>raising your own chickens for their eggs and meat

Attached: too intelligent feel.jpg (4030x4096, 1.15M)

brrrap tax now!

Attached: 1527024103788.jpg (1500x2212, 472K)

There are substitutes for dairy and beef, dude.

You can rent chickens to get fresh eggs now

So do these get taxed too in your plan?
Can I just eat a fucking steak without some asshole complaining about my personal effect on weather?

You need to be taxed for breathing. Every breath you take is taxed at 1 cent a breath. There ya go.

>You can rent chickens to get fresh eggs now
Wtf, I'm looking this up now.

ahh yes, the shitlib response to everything they don't like:taxes.
This is a Daily Reminder that a vote for any shitlib is a vote for high taxes and more of them.

thats already being done idiot

Why shouldn't beef and dairy farmers pay the full social cost of their products? Why is this idea so controversial?

If you don't want to increase the total amount of taxes, you can have the greenhouse taxes on beef and dairy substitute the corresponding amount of income taxes.

You can put seaweed in cow feed and it completely negates the methane.

Methane eventually dissipates in the atmosphere unlike carbon dioxide, so while it contributes to the greenhouse effect, it's temporary.

And finally it's only something like 5% of total greenhouse emissions. The big offenders are cargo shipments and Asia.

And to top it off, we are currently leaving the last ice age. Global warming is a natural occurrence BUT it is amplified by greenhouse emissions.

Nuclear power supplemented by green choices like offshore wave generators would be the ideal choice.

Yes

FART TAX NOW

ASIA TAX NOW

So lets tax your mom as well then.

Fucking moron,do you want farms to be completely destroyed there already only holding on by a thread with current taxation and regulations

>social costs
Quit making up terms faggot.

If they're not earning generating value added and earning profit, why keep them in businesses? The point of profit is to reward people who are able to transform resources into something more valuable.

>Not understanding what carbon neutral means.
Grass is part of our environmental systems. Burning it doesn’t contribute to greenhouse gas

"Total social cost" is a term used in microeconomics. You are uneducated.

>why don't we just stop farming

Attached: 0-2.png (220x229, 9K)

because Taxation is theft

I remember reading about an aussie farmer who fed his cows seaweed and that drastically reduced the methane his cows were producing.
Idk how viable mass seaweed production is tho.

On another note, KANGAROO MEAT or "KANG MEAT" has heaps of protein and little fat compared to beef, and the KANGaroos produce fuck all methane bc lol 1stomach

Yes tax cows. Tax cats too. Why not tax oxygen? You breathe don’t you?

Its unsustainable on farmland. It takes acres of land; along with ecological dmaage to suppprt one cow.

I am no vegetarian but i do think we should move towards a diet lighter in meat

Fuck you and your cows, how do I get a gf like that?

Because all your doing is driving the farms out of business; as farming is a low margin business anyways. People will end up buying meet from abroad.

taxation is theft

If they're not earning profits, that means they're not productive activities. That means society would be better off without them wasting our resources.