Military Service

ITT we discuss the US military, life after service, our time in, and the current state of politicking’s affect on the military. I’ll start.

>US Marine E-4
>6 years in beginning in the late 2000s
>pogue
>honorable discharge

Overall, I would say it was a decent experience. I was pretty moto for the first year, then I realized how the Marine Corps actually worked, became extremely salty, and proceeded to skate until my enlistment was out. It wasn’t a waste overall, but it was hard to keep my spirits up after I began to hate it

Here were the pros:

>learned how to get in ridiculously good shape and truly did become strong and confident
>learned how to work hard as fuck at something and actually applied this to my own life when I got out
>learned cool skills like land navigation, marksmanship, water survival, hand-to-hand combat, etc…
>instant cred with the ladies
>learned how to control fear
>made some good buddies
>dat GI bill

Here were the cons:

>had to deal with scum-of-the-earth people who were liars, lazy, cheaters, backstabbers, and straight-out incompetent. Most of the time such people were your superiors
>for the amount of time you’re in, you can’t really work on your own life projects (or at least not to the full extent) and it feels like “wasted time” when you are back in civilian life
>developed a serious alcohol habit
>became addicted to tobacco
>developed a (false) belief that I did not need to sleep or otherwise care for my body like a normal person
>constant stress about deployments
>see people from other units get hurt and realize you might be the one without a leg in a few months or a year or whatever
>fucking firewatch, duty, and field ops
>DADT was repealed when I was still in and was the beginning of the “cuckening” of the military which has only gotten worse

Overall, a mixed bag for me. What about other Jow Forumstards who have done time, in any branch?

Attached: IMG_20180526_202910.jpg (4160x3120, 2.87M)

US Military = Fighting for Israel

Not politics you fucking boot.

>6 year NCO
>boot

Also, the military is inherently political you dolt. It is one of the most important social institutions that is, indirectly anyway, under public control. It is an inherently political topic just as any other governmental organization or branch.

Army reserves here. Had a good time overall. Helped me get college and a gs13 gov job. Volunteered to deploy to get experience which got me my job

THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH

Where did you go on deployment and what was it like? Also what is your MOS?

>NCO

kys

>>Jow Forums ya faggot

Afghanistan,wanted Iraq. 96B/35F

Deployment was great but holy fuck is one year fucking LONG

Thanks OP. I'm going in this year so I hope more people share.

>>NCO
>kys
you didnt even serve yet have an opinion on those that did?
You arent entitled to it...and as a former officer, Ill have you know that an NCO is just as important as an Officer. EVERYONE has their job. YOu think those are officers in COD or Battlefield when you pretend you have the balls to enter combat, cuck?

How many crayons did you eat and what is your favorite color/flavor.
E3 Navy, nuke school.

I’m completely entitled to it. now go die for ZOG

t. former E-4 “NCO”

fucking please

I get e-4 in two months and I got to boot camp in November last year, so yeah, he's an "NCO" in a technical way

In the Marines becoming an E-4 actually means something and you do become an NCO. In the army, which I'm assuming you're using as your reference point, it means nothing other than a small pay bump and anyone who thought it gave him any authority would rightly be a faggot.

Faggot.

i don't thank you for your service because i already did that when i paid your salary with my taxes btw

>t. former E-4 “NCO” in
2nd prestige
COD; Ghosts

Attached: interdasting-clown.jpg (1063x1600, 195K)

no fucking shit. technically no one gives a shit and E-4’s have essentially no authority

Fucking pogue. Thanks for getting me paid though.

Navy. It doesn’t mean shit dude and no one refers to themselves as NCO’s. You’re not impressing anyone

>Air Force E6
>Just hit my 8 year mark
>Up for E7 soon
>reserves are a fucking joke
>Weekend full of CBTs and pretending to be busy

Idk why I even stay in. Already have my degree.

What would you do if you got out? Do you have kids?

NIgger I deployed to Zahri district and killed some cavemen.

>Navy. It doesn’t mean shit dude
>Navy

Once again, you have no idea what it means to be in the Marines or how our rank structure works. I'm not saying it makes me Captain fucking America but every Marine knows that making corporal matters.

I was in for 8 years, got out in 1994, and my life has absolutely sucked since.

>How many crayons did you eat and what is your favorite color/flavor.
nice, intermilitary hate.

Msrines aren't fucking Rangers.

Marines are fucking idiots. Especially the pogs. It’s like you think you need to make up for not being a real marine by doing things like referring to yourself as an NCO and generally being a jackass. I’ve never met an intelligent marine.

Can't wait for OCPs. Fucking hyped

Stfu nub.

Navy makes fun of marines all the time, but we need someone to distract the sandniggers long enough for us to put some warheads on their foreheads.

Marines deserve it. They think they’re gods gift when in actuality they are glorified lead sponges

>I’ve never met an intelligent marine.
Isn't that why they called jarheads?

sure ya did, private.

Attached: Zahri district-COD.jpg (2000x1500, 1.21M)

Don’t say that shit in the fleet

I'm single, no kids and I have a job making $70k/yr

They’re called jarheads because of their gay ass haircuts that they insist on keeping for the rest of their lives

Gtfo then

Operation Dragon Strike cocksucker.

I don't say it to people I know can't take it, and I haven't come up with it myself, my superiors have.

>I’ve never met an intelligent marine
Id say your realm of acquaintances in the armed forces is pretty tiny, like your dick, private. Ive worked on contracts with many a smart marine.
You think Mattis is stupid?

Cheap Disney tickets though. Hard to pass up

Thank you for your service man, i'd probably would have joined the military to, but i'm too fucked in the head. Even had an army recruiter tell me that I wouldn't get in.

no shit you didn’t. stop being a fag

>You think Mattis is stupid?

I think he’s a politician like every other O-4+, so yes

>Operation Dragon Strike
I played that too, private.

Attached: 1931154_0.jpg (436x309, 94K)

I know a Marine. Currently serving. He’s not enthusiastic about his experience so far but also hasn’t been deployed so he’s not doing anything he was trained to do. Personally, I’m discouraging enlisting when my son turns 18 ( he’s asked about serving). Just don’t trust our system anymore.

>I think he’s a politician like every other O-4+, so yes
Awww, someone got DD'd

little cuck got canned for spying on the boots in the shower, didnt you boy?

I hope you enjoyed the stench of shit ad old fucking cisterns. OP Dusty was the balls though.

Not military but

>education at military academy
>3 years wildland forest fires

I understand the brotherhood

wtf are you talking about? It’s literally politics from that point on. I already said I was an e4, retard

>6 year e-4
>thinks anyone should respect his opinion on anything
lol why don't you get back to skating and then crying about how your command doesn't notice how hard you work :(((

Attached: 1526870212352.gif (400x226, 2.65M)

Do you have to move to a different base a lot? Not being able to put down roots would suck ass.

Full time military isn't for me. Just wouldn't fit my lifestyle. But I'm doing something even more redpilled: Civil Air Patrol. I'm a 12 year vet.

Lots of CAP units are pretty beta, they don't take it seriously. But in my AO we do. We run drills and an annual 'bootcamp' based on BUDs and the Crucible. We also do extensive training in counter terrororism and recon. After we had a plane go down back in 2011 we decided to set up an escape and evasion (sort of a SEAR-lite school) but we made it so hardcore half of my unit quit CAP for good, so we had to pussify it lol.

Obviously the CAP org doesn't provide weapons, so we have to provide our own. My current loadout is a Bushmaster AR-15 in 5.56 with a Vortex Strikefire 2 red dot sight, a CZ-P09 and a Ruger LCP. I have a KABAR survival knife and a cold steel Trench Hawk survival axe.

My CAP operator buddies and I train 2 weekends a month and 2 weeks in the summer for our BUDs/Crucible hybrid. So we have much more training than most military reserve units. We serve our country without even getting a paycheck, the only shitty part is a lot of people don't consider us military, so getting a veteran/active duty discount or upgrade on flights doesn't always work.

Thank you for your service

Is this pasta?

>pogue
>street about deployments

You should seriously consider being one of today's 22 heros.

No. AMA, i've got tons of stories.

Thank you for your Cervix

What does SEAR stand for?

6 years army 91b wheeled vehicle mechanic.
>Never deployed
>Infantry attached to our unit, so we sucked it up but all the time with them in the field. Hated life, but felt good supporting them.
>Infantry were walking memes, somehow got away with wearing privately bought plate carriers. Even saw some dude wearing one in atacs pattern and no one said shit. Saw some black dude with no deployment patch wearing a gaudy shemagh.
>We were all nerd pogs
>Hated doing KP rotations
>Hated doing vehicle recoveries all the fucking time because they refuse to do a proper pmcs
>Lost a good 1SGT due to him getting a DUI.
>Too many black weeaboos
>Made a good friend who I still hang out with in my unit. We hooked up a sound system in our contact truck, and used to blare 80s songs during convoys and sing super loud in full battle rattle.
>High ranking NCOs were fat, but somehow all passed tape, and got to do the two mile walk on PT test.
>Thrill of shooting big guns and using explosives wore off quick.
>Mostly sucked honestly. Best thing i Would never do again though.

Why haven't you guys wiped the fucking commie scum from the USA?

>SEAR

I meant SERE school, i'm tired as hell. I had a field navigation exercise today and I just got home.

>pog
>6 years
>corporal

You're a boot until you do a foot patrol at night stepping over sandniggers sleeping all over the ground in a bedouine village. Pog's are worse than boots. Boots have a more valid opinion than pogs

Be warned, they are heavy and hot.

Get some sleep soldier. You need to rest up before your yearly BUDs

>How are you a POG and still an E4 in 6 years?!
>Also reserves arent the real MC.
>Fuck you boot

I'm an instructor now, its not too bad for me anymore. It kicks off the second week of July, hoorah.

ITT: welfare queens stealing oil for Israel

Attached: 1521355973715.jpg (618x412, 55K)

>USMC
>4 Years Active, 2 years Reserve
>Artillery
.>Honorable

Did not like my time in. A lot of people are jerks and abuse their power. Glad I am out, but made a few good friends and a couple funny memories.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I remember some random thing and either get really mad about it, or really sad.

Wished I had gone to college right after high school and fucked 19 year old cuties in an air conditioned room instead of being out in bumfuck sandland

Attached: 2EFLL60.jpg (540x720, 84K)

>6 years
>only making E-4
>lol

jk dude. Thanks for your service.

Attached: Hey-What-s-wrong-with-you.jpg (800x800, 68K)

Should I join the army as EOD?
Seems interesting with a fairly low casualty rate.
I'm a sophomore engineering student at community college with a 3.9, but can't get many scholarships and don't want to go $50-$70k in debt to finish my degree. (no debt yet)

Im posting this on the Mendlton FB page.
>also who else here is on here thats also on Mendlton?

What's it's like having a highschool education?

Thanks ladies

I work in the woods because I hate society not because I love it im no hero

I didn't realize Chesty Puller was going to show up. How about we all just suck your dick while you talk about how nobody else is a real Marine unless they went to Afghanistan without even getting a CAR or firing a single round? During GWOT the statistically riskiest job was fucking motor T.

Truck drivers had higher casualties than you drama queens. I'm literally laughing out loud at your gay ass attempts to put everyone else down and act brave on the internet, you're the type of shithead that made the MC unbeatable and you will wind up a rent a cop.

pls no h8

Attached: pog pride.jpg (960x947, 70K)

hehe

And be in debt? It all evens out dude, regrets that is. Hope you got the GI bill $$

The fuck you talking about you massive homosexual?

I should add I'm basically a loser with no friends who lives with their parents to save money, and spending 10 years while working to pay my way into uni would cost more in time and money than getting an easy or interesting job in any branch.

Attached: 1525157890660.jpg (279x304, 15K)

Im posting this thread on Mendlton, hope the fag mods approve
>me fucking somebody's wife FYT

Attached: my dick.jpg (239x320, 9K)

Reservist here
>dont come to 6th comm
>if you are going to do reserves, please go to 6th ANGLCO, they actually do shit

>If you weren't this MOS in this specific place, on this specific month of this specific year. Doing this specific thing, then you aren't a real Marine!

Not worth getting mad at them, man. They are the types who always want to prove that they are the only "real" Marines. They would argue with someone who invaded Tarawa or Okinawa that they weren't a real Marine because they only saw 2 weeks of combat their whole time in service and they have seen 6 whole months of nonstop rolling fire fights!

Joining Army. Shipout for basic training in a week. I look forward to going from an equal to God to a scumbag.

This is sadly all too true, but sometimes it's fun to bait them because they actually are the biggest drama queens and will start responding with death threats, etc... It's pretty funny sometimes and good for a laugh.

That's true, I'm also way better at talking to the cuties now than I would have been at 19 anyway. Turning 29 this year, almost been out for as long as I was in, phew

Attached: 1499893648634.jpg (793x1098, 144K)

Why are female marines either 10/10’s or bull dykes?

This isn't a pasta, but he's just trying to trigger people.

CAP is a great program for teens, but if you take it super seriously as an adult you're probably a joke.

Are you an atheist now?

Who knows. I doubt the girl I posted was a Marine if that is what you are implying, was just a picture I had in my ladies folder

Ironically my experience with these people is that they're some of the laziest, deadweight fucks in their unit. Only reason they try to rag on other people is because they're a non-stop burden to their platoon, and everybody knows it.

the military redpilled me on women. If she breathes, then she is, indeed, a thot.

No exceptions

There are tons of black weeaboos in the military. No idea why.

People are allowed to believe stupid things and even if they weren't there is posse comitatus.

>6 years
>E4
lol

Of course, it's insecurity. My dad was a Ranger in Vietnam, and growing up with him and around his buddies, I never heard any of them bragging or talking shit. So when I hear people out and about who do, I know they were never the real deal

You’re male, no biological clock ticking for you. You’re about to hit an age (30) when the young qt will be seeking out that hit older man they always lust after. Your time in the sun is coming.

That's not been my experience. There are good women out there, but thy don't join the military.

Get in the box.

Attached: 1523976636352.jpg (580x402, 55K)

Did your lady vagina make you join the Army over the USMC?

I imagine most women who join the military aren't particularly drawn toward feminine ideals. Not in yet, but that's what I'd guess.