Question for italian bros

Im planning on studying at john cabot university in rome next year. How well does my italian have to be to not look like a retarded tourist? I hear south european women arent, slutty, is this true? Also, any thing i can do to fit in better?

Attached: 1525459951263.jpg (432x432, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/3927118/ITALIAN_Language_Pack_(Pimsleur__Michel_Thomas__etc.)_MP3
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7061415/Rosetta_Stone_-_Italian_-_Level_1__2__3
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/515jev/good_italian_dubs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sadly, your italian needs to be grammatically perfect to be understood.

I don't know about Rome, but women in general are less slutty than those in the core european countries. But you can find exceptions, of course. Just watch out for gypsies, i heard they are a plague in the metro/train stations of the big cities.

I mean, you can talk some italian and be understood, with some difficulties, but if you want to express yourself clearly you need to know the grammar.

Ok, thanks for the info. I only have about a year to learn, but i can cram it enough to get decent. Do most people there speak english, or is it generally considered rude to not know italian in italy? Sorry for autism

thepiratebay.org/torrent/3927118/ITALIAN_Language_Pack_(Pimsleur__Michel_Thomas__etc.)_MP3

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7061415/Rosetta_Stone_-_Italian_-_Level_1__2__3

Download these, get an Italian English dictionary, buy/downaload films/shows you like in italian(preferably with eng subs).

Interpals.net is a website to make friends,pen pals etc to help you learn.

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/515jev/good_italian_dubs/

Good Luck Brother.

Attached: yourewelcome.jpg (575x323, 58K)

Thank you my guy

>/reddit? link?

Old people (40+) don't know english, generally. We are one of the worst countries in Europe when it comes to foreign languages.

In big cities, you can get away with speaking english in shops etc, especially if there are young people present who can translate.

We're not like the french, who get offended if you don't speak their language.

As an heuristic which has never failed me, the darker the person you're talking to, the more alert you should be (even if it's an italian).

(t. northerner)

Also the niggers "selling" things around is something to avoid like the plague

Yeah, if you find one of them, don't make eye contact and don't stop walking even if they try to stand in front of you

Italians are not very good at speaking english, unlike the french however they are very friendly and very welcoming (in my experience) if you know how to speak the language. It really opens up doors.

Not knowing Italian in italy is more difficult than not, but it's very rewarding to learn.

also avoid niggers, indians, moroccans, and gypsies.

You can tell who they are cuz they're retarded.

Italian girls are surprisingly prudish.

Thanks bros. Anythings that i should do or shouldnt do, like specific gestures etc

Good. Rather that the state of most women today

No problem brother, I am actually planning about the same as you but I haven't decided which country yet.

You have 1 year, this is more than enough time.

Start with Pimsleur it will give you the basics to grow from, find classes nearby, watch between 20-90 minutes of film/tv in the language(preferably eng subbed) with a dictionary in hand and look up words you don'nt know, get apps on your phone, look up 5-10 words a day say them aloud and write them down, listen to music in the language(ask /mu/ for good italian songs in the genre you like), get friends to facetime/skype with. If you dedicate yourself you can be near native level in 1 year.
I already used this method to teach myself spanish, it works, you can do it too!

Attached: G37kbw3.jpg.png (800x800, 919K)

That's basically all of the students...

It is topical, I googled where to find anime dubbed in Italian, that was literally my first time visiting plebbit but to help another user, I'd go through hell and fight God and the Devil.

Attached: 1527353320991.jpg (550x535, 73K)

gtfo

Just be polite and understanding of cultural norms, don't be to patronizing or understand but don't be too culturally avoidant either.

Italians hold cuisine dear to their heart so learn italian eating habits well. Don't get a cappuccino after noon for example. Pineapple on a pizza? Forget about it, it's "una bestemmia" Italians eat late relative to Americans too.

The rest you'll learn from being there but I spend a lot of time in Italy. It's my favorite european country.

>south european women aren't slutty
lol
I guess the nords must be trash to make this comparison

Attached: baba_pic_header.jpg (186x247, 24K)

There are no specific gestures that classify you as an italian. Maybe moving your hands while you speak, but as with other things there's a north-south gradient.

Better not to try too hard, otherwise it will show.

Just don't dress like the average American or northern euro tourist and you'll be fine