Russian soldier of the future is a ripoff from Predator

>If images circulating on Twitter are any indication, Russia is testing out an ammo-backpack for a giant gun called the Scorpio - developed by Front Tactical Systems, reportedly satisfying a request from the Russian military as a method of increasing machine gun efficiency
>
The Russian PKP Pencheneg machine gun is nearly four feet long and fires 7.62x54mm ammo at 600-800 RPM. Here's one being fired without the fancy backpack:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzmc7bcbMoc
zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-27/russia-unveils-soldier-future-equipped-predator-gun-and-electrified-shield
-------------
>Russian company “FRONT – Tactical Systems” has developed, patented and manufactures a backpack style ammunition belt storage and feeding system called Scorpion. It works with 7.62x54R ammunition and with PKM machine gun and its versions.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/09/scorpion-russian-ammunition-belt-storagefeeding-backpack-system/

Attached: Scorpion-660x377.jpg (660x377, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xaxyVyhjOdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks badass

Still bitchin

>you can ripoff fiction

Attached: 1512951935847.jpg (900x675, 185K)

*click

Attached: received_10214966345606264.jpg (969x800, 67K)

go back to Jow Forums

go back

>permanently affix 60 pounds of ammo to your back instead of training a proper fire squad

Russian innovation lads.

Attached: 1527494315902.jpg (711x669, 41K)

This isn't something new, there is a reason why it has seen limited use.

How is this Jow Forums?

>new

every country ever, including Russia, has tested this idea, and it fucking sucks.

I could take that guy.

Seems better than having it in a box that's directly attached to the MG?

I swear to god, it's always those croatians and their shitposts on my board.

That looks ENORMOUSLY heavy.

Actual future-looking firearm development would be to make projectiles ever lighter and higher velocity. At least it’d move to ceaseless if not flechettes.

old concept is old and will again fail due to weight.

Attached: 9b8c1ff7d9f8b36baaf00dec459f266a.png (1024x429, 504K)

No they're ripping off USA
youtube.com/watch?v=xaxyVyhjOdQ

lmao Vatniks still can't produce their own tech Kek

Attached: 1524885763166.jpg (410x410, 40K)

It’s odd that as information warfare becomes more relevant, the major military powers are suddenly arming grunts to the teeth. The Marines just reorganized their squads and all members will now carry fully automatic weapons instead of semi/burst.

Yeah but to be fair every single other country on Earth uses automatic weapons

The US military already has this design that is used to carry ammo for the M240B it is called the Iron man just look up iron man backpack.

looks uh, pretty god damn heavy. I guess if you put the biggest Ivanavich you can on the job it'd be horrifying for the arabs.

i want to be a russian soldiers bitch

Fully auto weapons are stupid though?
I thought the meme was controlled bursts if you actully wanted to hit anything and if you didn’t want to wreak your weapon parts over time
Information warfarin is a completely theater though?
We are failing at that though. China just stole plans to another plane

Auto weapons being stupid is just US sour grapes. Semi is better 95% if the time but full auto comes in handy that other five

Mattttiiiiiissss. There is actually a lethality math formula for weapons. too lazy to find the link but the key multiplier is rate of fire and more weapons vs larger weapons. there is a video on it somewhere.

Next gen solders are near field drones. Not fully automatous drones but automations flight stabling and remote control everything else. Basically the drone is 100-300 feet in front of you extending your squad force projection. Id target, and the drone fires on command with 99.997% hit rate. You wont carry two handed arms in the future, it will all be on the drones.
When no civs are around you can set automanis where all your drones move in front of you at very fast rate and take out anything with the human heat sig. squad carrys extra battaries and ammo resuppliss, extra drones.

might work if the gun is fuckin huge

It'll have to be an extension of this.
Long range missles, fast bombers, armed drone swarms. The ballistic advantage will continually increase, it has to.