Why do Christians speak in tongues?

It sounds really weird and stupid. Do they really think they are connecting with god somehow?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0h5ZxVLDjZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my limited understanding is its a way to pray to god only he knows what is being said

Only Pentecostal psychos do.

Just more god damned bullshit.

Attached: 0237498263974623874.jpg (3000x3367, 3.54M)

So other denominations of Christians don't do that?

Because proddy denominations are shallow and devoid of any real connection with Christ.

>t. Catholic (a true Christian)

They're known for that.

Speaking in tongs just means talking in foreign languages , that way christians could evangelize in foreign countries

>>t. Catholic (a true Christian)

Attached: TypicalChristianBehavior.jpg (838x558, 104K)

I was once chilling in a city bench when a couple of women came talk to me, one of them said I looked sad and asked if she could pray in tongues for me. Sounded fucking ridiculous. She said she had gone to israel to study it. I'm quite convinced she tried to cast yiddish spell on me.

do protestants really think catholics look up to that pope kek

because they are possessed by demons and they hate God.

Attached: 64564556756.jpg (852x944, 87K)

not as much as the catholics though.

Attached: 43365756.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

thats a very loving kiss. God bless

too pussy to just name the jew in english

Attached: 1526730287970.png (1644x2326, 640K)

Mary. It's always been Mary,

Dumb cunts

Attached: 1527370808966.jpg (672x1000, 117K)

>God
>not worshiping superior Pagan gods of chaos, war and wisdom of memes

Attached: 1524927113004.png (680x753, 144K)

Speaking in other tongues means speaking in other languages. You should know this.

youtu.be/0h5ZxVLDjZY
Watch this to check if you are a True Christian, i.e. to be one that walks as Christ on Earth.

This .

Thats completely against the point of the gift which was to speak in languages previously unknown to the preacher so they could give the gospel to foreign national

When I was filled with the Holy Spirit, I ran out of my house saying that I was filled with the Holy Spirit, my neighbors thought I was on drugs, babbling, one guy took me aside, revealed he was an angel and gave me a couple of religious pamphlets. Life has been amazing ever since my eyes were opened. I hope this happens to everyone. Praise God!

The entire point was to be understood. If you're not being understood you're doing it wrong.

Yeah it seemed cheap to me too. I myself have sometimes achieved states where weird vowels and consonants just flow into my awareness and I feel urge to "vomit" them out. It sounded something like hyuoo hee vit hoo going on and on very fast.

He's infallible.

It's the Holy Spirit speaking through them.

In the scriptures the disciples speak all languages at the same time. I thought that was "speaking in tounges".

I'm a Lutheran and I have never experienced such a thing nor I do not know anybody in my church with such an ability. But I visited a Pentecostal church once and there were lots of people who did that. It sounded rather weird but who knows, maybe they have a closer connection to God.

The goblinas in America literally became retarded from huffing paint and created Pentecostalism. “Speaking in tongue” is a bunch of literal downies speaking gibberish.

In almost any religion, mostly those who speak in a bizarre language on the spot that isn't normal either is on drugs or has suffered a stroke.