Why are Brits so pissed over the Galileo satellite system?

Galileo is an EU funded GPS rival. It costs several billions. Obviously, once Britain leaves the EU, it will also not be able to fully access Galileo... it is owned by the EU after all.

First Britain said “ok, then we build our own sat system!” Well fine, do it, nobody hinders Brits to do so. Then Brits said “it is hard to build one system for ourselves, can’t we have full access to Galileo by making it a joint EU-UK project”. The EU’s response was “wtf, it is an EU project and it was never intended to allow other countries as full members, just as participating countries”. Now Brits say “we want our billions back which went into Galileo from British contributions to the EU budget”. The EU says “wtf, you cannot claw back membership fees for the last decades after you left”.

This all seems to be a kind of British kindergarten reaction ... a kid said “I’ll never play with you again”, then proceeds to demand compensation for previous play sessions paid through 48 hugs and 17 shared lunch meals.

Attached: 6B49BBA7-0EB7-4DF7-9972-75DD46DAB2DF.jpg (1359x1359, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gpsdaily.com/reports/Norway_joins_EUs_Galileo_satnav_project_999.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction#Corporate_personhood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's just one more thing that people screaming about how brexit will cure all the country's ails didn't think about before trying to helicopter dick all over like it was the jolly old empire again

True. I still don’t get how childish the exchanges are between the UK and EU. Those are adults, how can they publically make these kind of idiotic statements? It doesn’t lead to anything

contribute millions to a project, then told you can't participate anymore because you are not in some gay gang anymore.

EU should be giving us billions back

The only people screaming were remainers

People who wanted independence were nazi racist bigots according to all tv media pop stars and every political party.

So we had to stay in silence and use democracy

EvEn now politicians, newspapers and celebrities can't respect our choice and whine about us being misinformed. Scum.

Tldr.. fuck off you whiney loser. Even with everything skewed in your favour the people chose to leave the corruption of the eu

>we want our billions back which went into Galileo from British contributions to the EU budget
UK still hasn't paid the 80 billion it owes to the EU.

Just use the Russia version of GPS. Fuck the EU.

>(((British Government)))

Attached: 1448558064576.jpg (700x857, 327K)

You can't expect Britain to pay for agreements, it won't use, but pay for, and not demand recompense for agreements it is banned from using.

> weren't misinformed about how brexit was going to be a rough, costly, and general bad idea
>constantly finding out more and more as time goes on how much it's going to deep dick the country
>too busy fucking ladybois in thailand to bother learning the actual consequences of leaving the eu, especially on such short notice

>EU should be giving us billions back

And that’s why? Before I moved to my current location, I was a member of a rowing club in my old city for 10yrs. I paid membership fees all the time. The boatshouse was renovated with my fees. I am not a member any more. Should I be able to demand access to the boatshouse... or get part lf my membership fees back?

Attached: AC80B790-B886-4CE4-BFBC-7198974DE4A0.jpg (2048x1365, 475K)

>UK still hasn't paid the 80 billion it owes to the EU.

owes for what?

you faggots weren't banned from using it until you decided to exit the eu

>then proceeds to demand compensation for previous play sessions paid through 48 hugs and 17 shared lunch meals.

So, what do you call the "Divorce bill" the EU was serving UK with?

a german accusing others of kindergarten reaction ayyyyy lmao

you still have to pay

But we are banned, if I part own a car with my friend. He can't ban me from using it if we fall out. To do that he must purchase my half.

Not the way it works. The Brexit divorce bill is mostly for the transition phase in which budget contributions continue as is (but that is because the UK remains a de facto member).

After Dec 31, 2020, only very few payments are made by the UK, most notable pension payments for British ex-MEP and British ex-EU employees. The funny thing is, if the EU and the UK don’t agree on those payments, Farage might be robbed off his pension as penion payments to ex-MEP are member state contribution based and thus it is unclear if Farage has a direct claim against the EU for his pension.

Attached: CACADBC1-AA30-446B-86E8-E590D66890EA.jpg (858x536, 83K)

>gpsdaily.com/reports/Norway_joins_EUs_Galileo_satnav_project_999.html
>« Norway joins EU's Galileo satnav project »

You're full of shit OP Norway and Switzerland who are not EU member can be a part of the project and not Britain?

>Why are Brits so pissed over the Galileo satellite system?
Probably because they paid for half of it. Same reason why someone would be pissed at paying half of a house being built and then told they don't own any of the equity anymore. Then being told they have to pay all the fees associated with the house (brexit divorce bill). UK should get half of the satellites, they paid for them.

>666
Shit Nigel was right, le Deutsch is le defvil!

Anyway since Brexit just means trading their Polacken for more shitstainskins I suppose it is a netloss for them. But you still should not be shilling so hard for the EU Günther, it's still only mediocre at best

Attached: 1527459791251.jpg (600x777, 46K)

Attached: DC326ED1-8F9B-488C-A518-D03DE04FA2B3.jpg (1058x546, 82K)

Funny that you're complaining about wanting billions back, when the EU is trying to charge the UK an "exit fee".

Either it's reasonable to ask to be paid for prior services rendered, or it's not. Which is it?

Probably because they paid for half of it. Same reason why someone would be pissed at paying half of a satellite network being built and then told they don't own any of the equity anymore. Then being told they have to pay all the fees associated with the house (brexit divorce bill). UK should get half of the satellites, they paid for them.

Participating vs full access.

Neither Norway nor Switzerland have negotiated full access (e.g. for military applications).

you must be really feeling the heat now Hans, don't want to pay for Greece?

Attached: 1508276587171.gif (200x200, 1.33M)

Emgland should nuke the eu, then itself.

Yes it is. You may not have noticed but you don't get to dictate the rules. That's why we have negotiations.

This whole Brexit thing is a complete fucking shitshow on all sides. Can't UK just use GPS satellites?

Doesn't this work both ways?

Attached: B823574741Z.1_20171002151733_000_GOV1VCJAL.2_Super_Portrait.jpg (556x417, 63K)

Except no one will ever get Galileo. It should have been completed 10 years ago, but it never will be, because just like all Euro joint projects, it is nothing but a waste of money.

>Probably because they paid for half of it.
12 percent you mean.

> Same reason why someone would be pissed at paying half of a house being built and then told they don't own any of the equity anymore.
If you get a divorce, the assets are divided up based on a divorce settlement... failing which according to law. Galileo is legally owned by the EU, not the UK. If you help your gf renovate her house and even put money in it for building materials, and 3yrs later you leave her for another woman... no you cannot demand money from her now or half the house.

>Then being told they have to pay all the fees associated with the house (brexit divorce bill).
Wrong analogy. The UK isn’t asked to pay one dime for Galileo following Brexit. The UK has agreed to pay for UK politicians’ pensions and highway construction in Britain funded by EU moneys etc.

>UK should get half of the satellites, they paid for them.
Again, why? If you work for a company and bust your ass for 10yrs, then quit your job, can you demand half the company even though you were just an employee?

They are afraid we will turn them off. I don't know why, unless they are expecting a war with us.

Half? You realize how poor an backwards Britain is? They spend their whole state budget on CCTV:s and Nigger Myrmidons, they got nothing left for space age technology

Attached: 1515956802746.jpg (680x917, 102K)

>Yes it is. You may not have noticed but you don't get to dictate the rules. That's why we have negotiations.

Name one thing you Brits successfully “negotiated” in Brexit. Until now it was the EU coming out with proposals, the Brits agreed to those with minor deviations in unimportant details.

So, does the Gallileio sattelite system have more capacity than JUST constantly broadcasting the time?

sweden.....I don't think you have much room to criticize.

Galileo is already operational, I am receiving a Galileo signal on my GPS receivers already.

>Germans and English dick waving while the rest of the world watches them become less and less relevant
Lmao

have you walked your state-issued refugee today? they get a bit rapey with no exercise

does it do more than just broadcast the time though?

According to the media, the system is operationnal since 2016. Not a single product uses it, I have never seen it working in my life, everyone uses GPS, even the military.
So, I would say it can't do anything at all, and never will. Good use of taxpayer money, as usual.

It is pretty much the US GPS system, just an order of magnitude stronger and thus more precise. You can use it to guide a robot through a hospital, something impossible with GPS.

Negotiations aren't over yet, we can still pull out without them.

stfu bruce, you're irrelevant

Galileo is a triangular signal for purposes of civilian usage. It allows to determine your exact position... and yes, you can also get the time. Just like with GPS.

a man marries an abusive woman
the man works, the woman works, they buy a house
the woman gets knocked up by niggers and beats the man until he takes care of the niggers
the man wants to leave
the woman has a right to keep everything.
the man is the UK, the woman is (You).
This is your argument.
Your thread.
Your life.

>Again, why? If you work for a company and bust your ass for 10yrs, then quit your job, can you demand half the company even though you were just an employee?
Are you retarded? How is paying for something being built in any way related to working for a salary?

Do you understand this?

You give someone money.
They should give you product.
If they do not give you the product then they should give you your money back.

What part of this exchange still confuses you?

So, it has no other capabilities than just each sattelite broadcasting it's time?

They have full access to the civilian use which is the core of the project the military part is anecdotic.
Anyway they are dodging a bullet if they leave the ESA.
I lived on the rocket lauching base for 15 years and all the organisation is highly disfonctionnal, it really show how we can not achieve anything with the current EU.

No, you cannot. Your gov already committed to a solution to the NI situation. Pulling out would be something politicians did in the 50s and 60s. Today, everyone is way too pussy to do anything radical. The most radical thing the UK proposes is replacing membership in the customs union with a customs arrangement in an association agreement.

Who is "we"? Brits are afraid US will turn GPS off? But UK is a US satellite, there will never be a war between them

shit analogy. It's more like starting a business or a project, or perhaps building a house where all parties make investments. We weren't all doing it for fun and giggles.
When you realise the project is going to shit you don't just walk away empty handed.
You can't have it both ways either. We leave and don't get compensation for our contribution, yet still get bills for the club.
In your example it would be like the boathouse sending you electricity bills even though you've left.

No, of course it has. But these other downlink options are for restricted users such as the military, just like for the US GPS system. Why do you keep repeating your question? You could just read up on the subject.

Please China if you read this I beg you colonize Europe more and make us you vassals I am tired of sucking jewish dick because of US and destroy the Germans once and for all.

We all know the EU experiment is over, this is the final nail in the coffin. Even if you can jew out 10 years worth of shekels to keep yourself afloat you'll still be just as fucked in 10 years. I can't wait for you filthy G*rmans to finally wipe yourselves out.

Attached: 1501402650828.jpg (1024x708, 250K)

>Why do you keep repeating your question?

I was wondering what bennifits ownership of the system would bring.

Because GPS is such a new and innovative technology and putting up satellites is harder than ever...
It's funny, try to leave the empire project and we're accused of reminiscing over empire...

Can't wait for UK to get the fuck out.
Especially with their recent authoritarian streak.

We're you one of the main investors in the boat club? No? Didn't think so paki

The EU is not a corporation, it is a union - it works like a club, not a share based for profit organization.

If the EU had shares and you owned 12 percent of it, fine, you could sell those 12 percent to other EU states or China or whatever. But in a club, you cannot do so. You pay your membership fees always only for a period in time - and only for the benefit of having membership access in that time. That is how clubs work.

Once you leave the club all your benefits are gone, vanished. Whatever your fees were used for, it is over, there is no clawback. The UK knew that 40 yrs ago, it knew it 10yrs ago and 2yrs ago. It is in the freaking EU treaties!

>The EU is not a corporation, it is a union
how much law does the EU dictate in its member states?

Attached: 1518653104553.jpg (563x792, 77K)

I was one of the members, I paid an equal share as all other members did too. Still, some dude who enters the club now can use the boatshouse and I, as an ex-member, can not.

The real "kindergarten reaction" is not letting the brits continue to be part of the project. It costs 0 to let the brits be part of it and in return they continue to fund the running costs.

EU will do anything to punish the brits for leaving even if it hurts their own citizens. It's disgusting.

Fucking Greeks, man.

Attached: 1248346283488.jpg (190x190, 11K)

>club membership fees
What kind of "club membership fee" has one of the original founders of the "club" pay for the construction of the "club" in one large lump sum, along with them helping them oversee the design and construction of the "club".

Your analogy is shit. The more you repeat it the more insane you look.

You really don't know the British, do you. This is the people that declared cold war with the USSR a super power, when bankrupt. So becoming a nuclear target for decades. Told the USA to stick the Vietnam war. Went to war on the other side of the world, in seemingly impossible conditions for some islands. Put up with bombing and assassination for years from the IRA. They also voted to leave the EU. Don't bank on what you think the British will do.

Nice Get.
I would worry more about getting your money back from Italy Germanbro. Goodluck.

>The real "kindergarten reaction" is not letting the brits continue to be part of the project. It costs 0 to let the brits be part of it and in return they continue to fund the running costs.

There was extensive debate on opening Galileo to other countries such as Norway, Switzerland, Turkey etc in the past. Britain was a staunch opponent of doing so because it would mean the EU states could no loner exclusively use all thr Galileo capabilities and may have to get agreements for important changes etc. from these other full members of Galileo. Not to mention that if political tensions arise (e.g. with Turkey), that country could block decisions at the Galileo level to put political pressure on the EU.

So now there should be an exception for Britain? Ok, so then why shouldn’t there be one for Switzerland, Norway, Iceland... or even Ukraine and Turkey? You see where this gets us politically?

Nice to see common sense which is not so common being displayed.

Except its not a car, its a bunch of hyper expensive satellites. Get fucked bong, We all tried to warn you.

I don’t bank on anything. I think a no deal Brexit would be best because it is the cleanest solution to then after Brexit negotiate a new relationship from a white clean piece of paper.

But your own politicians seem to way too pussy for this.

fuck off kike, sovereignity is more important than money

Attached: 1455081115469.jpg (1000x509, 201K)

Best ally Portugal bringing the rage. We want Madeline back!

Every single club?
What club doesn't?

You can let countries access the system without giving them control of the system.
Stop hurting your own economy and tax payers just for your ideological EU crusade.

>So now there should be an exception for Britain? Ok, so then why shouldn’t there be one for Switzerland, Norway, Iceland... or even Ukraine and Turkey?
Did Switzerland, Norway, Iceland... or even Ukraine and Turkey throw billions at the project so that it could exist in the first place?

Hans is just buttmad about the failing EU system.
He also didn't share the information about all of our GPS fleet being systematically replaced by 2020.

If they contributed a proportional share of money to create Galileo, they should enjoy the benefits of its use. This is basic justice.

a corporation? oh, you mean it doesn't exist?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction#Corporate_personhood

cringe

Attached: snap.jpg (490x600, 37K)

>an orwellian dystopia filled with islamic refugees

You're confusing club owner with club member. Common mistake apparently. Would a food analogy help you understand? Or does it need to be something about children like that german guy keeps repeating?

The real question here is why are our NATO puppet states trying to create a GPS rival?
Land on some more comets, there's a good lad

Attached: 1503061872953.jpg (1024x1024, 57K)

>You can let countries access the system without giving them control of the system.
That is what the EU offers the UK, mate. The UK would be a participating country, not a full member. As a participating country, the UK would be able to use the civil part of the system unrestrictively and even would get restricted access but with certain limitations (e.g. the UK would have no say in changes to the system and the most capable militart applications that require interaction with the system and thus control over the system, would not be in the hands of Britain). The UK would also not be able to bid for new sat contracts or get operation centers in the UK (paid by the EU).

>Name one thing you Brits successfully “negotiated” in Brexit. Until now it was the EU coming out with proposals, the Brits agreed to those with minor deviations in unimportant details.
lel, what kind of retardation is this? we never got our way and therefore we should have stayed in? top kek

Attached: 1472141408962.jpg (525x383, 74K)

Because the EU will get rid of US military occupation armies that are station on its member soil.

Switzerland and Norway contributed, so yes. Not billions, but millions.

St least the EU has a backbone to stick with their self destructive thinking. The brits are literally cucked beyond belief.
Not even leafland can compare.

brits are pissed on everything that comes from the mainland
out of all the people on this earth you should know that my dear volksgenosse.

Because they provide 17% of funding and most of the personnel, plus it's based in their country. Basically without them we don't have a working system.

ah, that's why so many african countries are doing great, yes?

Attached: 1482215599123.jpg (714x512, 58K)

The UK did not contribute directly. Galileo was funded out of the general EU budget.

If the UK gets a share of Galileo, does the UK get a share of EU sponsored Polish farms and Greek highways too?

>If you work for a company and bust your ass for 10yrs, then quit your job, can you demand half the company even though you were just an employee?
this is what the sour krauts actually think of the bongs

Attached: (((EU))).png (2000x1333, 195K)

We should just remain members, it would be so much easier.

fuck off stinky kraut - no one likes you

Galileo has 0days to subvert European power moves away from Israel and friends. Nothing of value was lost.

This shows why no cooperation is good on the EU level. Why can't the US and Russia just nuke Germany and the UK?

but what exactly does it allow that you can't get just by listening to the signal?

you can use our GPS

just become the next US state and flood your country with south americans. that's how we haze the new states.