What the fuck happens here?

What the fuck happens here?

Attached: wales.png (1200x720, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJNmYk286kA
youtube.com/watch?v=WCifZHi525Y
dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4692804/Nadiya-Hussain-British-food-doesn-t-exist.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRnzsh8HytI
youtube.com/watch?v=1BXKsQ2nbno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

same as everywhere

Attached: 321374.gif (500x230, 437K)

Nothing, that's what's great about it

Sheepshagging

tribe of snake masonic jews.
created karl marx's wife.
evil

>arguably best flag in the world
>amazing national anthem
>country seems boring as fuck
I know you guys have the Union Jack flag here but I've never seen anyone mention that they live in Wales or what it's like

came here to say this.
angry hairy dudes

I worked in Cardiff for half a year and managed to screw two women, whereas in the motherland women look at me as if I'm not a human being but just a little pile of feces in the corner.

What are Welsh women like? This place is very interesting to me now, their tourism must take in like $2,000 a year because I've never heard anyone say they want to go to Wales

I don't have much to compare them to, also one of them was Belarussian and just worked there with me. I suppose women are pretty similar everywhere.

No wonder there aren't any welsh here

Attached: welshpopulation.png (575x279, 28K)

Hi I lived in Cardiff for most of my life so I feel qualified enough to answer this question.

The woman are DISGUSTING. Tasteless, Classless gremlins the lot of them. Majority of them have an IQ of less the 70 and all they care about is making enough money from collecting trollies in the supermarket car park so that they can get drunk on Friday and Saturday night.
Cardiff on a Saturday night is a WARZONE, it's just full of obese fake tanned women in dresses 5 sizes too small for them trying to pounce on you so they can infect you with their sheep aids.
Then there's the guys, pumped full of steriods and cocaine. They are all wearing exactly the same thing. A Ralph Lauren short sleeved shirt that is too small for them so it shows off their muscles, ripped jeans rolled up so you can see their ankles and some shitty loafers from h&m or top man.
a
AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

I'm Welsh born and bred, lived here all my life.
Got a little house on the outskirts of Carmarthen, oldest town in the country, next to avon towy where I like to walk my dogs and fish.
Life is comfortable and living is cheap.

Cymru am byth.

Cunning Welshman just wants to scare anons away from his women.

Forgot to add, sometimes you do see attractive women there but they will all be students from England or people popping over from Bristol to do some shopping

How many brown people are in Wales?

>tfw finally got my working Visa

I'm gonna do it! I am gonna move to Swansea Wales and become and official member of the UK!

Attached: download.png (225x225, 17K)

Thank you for raising awareness of the greatest country on earth.

Cymru am byth!

Attached: 1515765069697.jpg (1600x1194, 1.29M)

>I am gonna move to Swansea Wales

Fuck off their full!

Just kidding with ya yank, go and visit. Hope you enjoy.

In the cities quite a lot, but once you go out into the countryside it becomes predominantly if not entirely white.

Anything south of swansea is England, including Cardiff the "Capitol". Absolute shithole where no actual Welsh visit or live.

Wales is vastly white and even here in Carmarthen town I can walk around all day and not see any darkies but they are around, skulking so the answer to your question is "Too many".

Swansea is an absolute shithole my friend, do not do it, you will only regret your choice. Swansea down is a hellhole.

I went to university in Swansea. It is one of the most depressing places I have ever been to.
Make sure you're going to the Gower and not actual Swansea City as it's so much better that way.

I grew up in the valleys

Come to Cardiff on the weekend, the place is plagued with Valleys scum. A true display a Welsh pride.

Not a lot desu.
Most people are proud Welsh nationalists despite being one of the poorest regions of Europe. Decent mountainous landscape. Very white (by bong standards) although there’s a worryingly growing migrant population in the big cities in the south - Cardiff, Newport and Swansea.
Pic related is my town’s seaside

Attached: FE8FD9E1-675F-4AE4-AF4C-BEE9656785FA.jpg (3264x2448, 2.03M)

What is the cost of living? If I were to win the lottery I'd probably piss off to a place like Wales

Is that Barry? Haven't been there in years. Are they still doing Gavin & Stacey tours? kek

They drive down the M4 every day into London to work.

>Come to Cardiff on the weekend

I'd rather not if that's okay with you.
Twenty years ago when Cardiff was still habitable I used to go there with the lads of a weekend and go to the club Metros, do you know it? I'm sure it is still there. Small place, underground, walls covered in sweat.
Free toast at midnight.

Best thing about Cardiff Metros is.

lots of mixed race africans

Yeah mate. Don’t know about the tours lol. How in the fuck do you know Barry?

rain

I know the place, used to go there on Wednesday nights. Was like £1.28 for double vodka mixer or something stupid like that. And they used to give out free toast a like 2am.

Place used to STINK so bad though.

Not sure if it's still going now.

>not even a country I haven't thought about in years is safe from economic brownies
Holy shit we really are doomed as a race aren't we

I'm a welsh lad far from home.
Had some good days out down Barry playing that shitty pirate crazy golf and then having some beers. Good times.

>created bonnie tyler
Doesn't this make up for it

Oi

nothing like a bit of welsh lamb for dinner

Welshanon here.

I'd compare Wales to West Virginia or perhaps Pennsylvania, that is to say a largely rural region dominated briefly by heavy industry and sine left to decline due to closing down of said industry.

Only a relatively small area of Wales is suitable for agriculture (with many areas being only suitable for sheep farming etc, hence the stereotype). Politically we are more dependent on England (or rather, London) than our cultural neighbours Scotland or Ireland, but a high percentage of the population still know how to speak Welsh (albeit often in a tick-a-box, mongrelized form).

Until the 1970s and 80s the largest industry would have been mining, with steel work and similar industries a close second. Since the closure of the mines, and the offshoring of factory work, the main industry is now the service industry. Call centres for example now employ as many men in Wales as the mines did at their peak, however two major call centres have recently been closed down with more surely to follow suit.

The future of Wales economically speaking is a rather bleak one as far as I can tell, unless investment in new technologies (e.g. Cardiff University investing a few hundred million in a new technology campus) or renewable energy (e.g. Swansea Bay marine, wind turbines etc) attract enough high-paying jobs to the region. We are essentially what a nation / region looks like when it has been stripped down to the essentials for survival. However a new investment bank has recently been set up by the Welsh government to fund start-ups / entrepreneurs.

Personally I am becoming more and more attracted to Plaid Cymru (nationalist party) although not in their current form (far-left Green imitators). A ring-wing Plaid Cymru would see the major decline of the White British population in England and use it as a tool to win power and prevent Wales from following a similar course. Most importantly is that we must not see ourselves as victims.

Lived in Cardiff all my life, it's rather nice compared to London.

Irritating accent, shit weather, great rugby.

>Is Welsh born in Newport
>Newport is a shithole
>Newport held Nato summit
>Locals run eachother over because that's who they are.

Okay, Wales.

The main cities are shite, North wales is amazing for vacations and that's where the actual welsh speaking people live.

South wales is entirely English, the cities have a high amount of mainly Indians and western Asian decent.

Welsh Language looks like dyslexia on paper but is easy to learn.

Most natives to cities (that i have experienced) are living off benefits and roaming the streets in track suits.

Tips if you want to live there.

Small towns are better but stay away from places with terrace housing.

Living on the south coast gives you good transport by rail or motor way.

A lot of welsh hate the English but won't try and better themselves or even learn the welsh language outside of education.

Welsh infrastructure is being improved but very slowly.

Welsh national parks are beautiful when it's not raining.

>It's always raining.

Also, fact for any foreigners, in recent years the welsh football (Soccer team) has become better than the English and watching Welsh Vs English rugby is always amusing as this is where both sides aim their hatred.

Attached: wales.jpg (615x928, 120K)

Bruh, glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Lived in Cardiff all my life, town centre is emo central by day, thot galore by night.

>A ring-wing Plaid Cymru would see the major decline of the White British population in England and use it as a tool to win power and prevent Wales from following a similar course. Most importantly is that we must not see ourselves as victims.

How likely is that? I think the only reason they don't cuck hard like the Scottish Nationalists is that the sentiment in Wales for outright independence is not there. The closer to power a party is, the more respectable they must be, which means no hard choices, and endlessly kowtowing to women & minorities.

Not true about Welsh nationalists. Maybe in the North that is true, but eastern border regions, the north-east, and Pembrokeshire are by no means nationalistic. The percentage of people who desire an independent Wales is very low, relatively speaking.

>Call centres for example now employ as many men in Wales as the mines did at their peak

This makes me so fucking angry. You have Labour MP's in Swansea crying because some shitty call centre is closing down. Why didn't these fucks invest in decent jobs for the area?

Call centres are absolute hell. It depresses me to hell to think of all my school friends stuck in Admiral, DVLA, Virgin. etc.

Fuck you for your accuracy.

Remember: When in town centre there's always someone doing crack a stones throw away.

welsh women are actually based af

The fountains outside the museum used to be the place to be back when emo was "cool". Surprised emo is still a thing, shows how backwards the place is

Nice. Yeah it’s a shitty meme town but I luvs it. Where you from then?

I've thought about moving out West and buying some land from some local farmer. It seems a lot of people do that down there.

Interesting video series about a guy from Essex who bought some land and now lives off-grid in a non-hippy-tier house:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJNmYk286kA

Nothing at all wrong with Barry mate.

Near Swansea. Don't want to be too specific since there isn't many Welsh buggers around Sweden.

>Absolute shithole where no actual Welsh visit or live.
They're still Welsh blooded m8, just like the west edge of England. Don't dump your shitty people on us like the Scots do with "southern Scots are Anglos" (when reality it's the south east who are halfbreeds only).

>be Wales
>swear never to yield to any King or Prince who speaks English
>be King of England
>present your newborn son to the rebellious Welsh
>Welsh bend the knee to a Prince who doesn't speak English...........yet

The Welsh are the most ancient of cucks.

Death to the Red Dragon! Long Live the White!

Attached: byewales.gif (278x198, 51K)

Unironically considering buying a tiny house in North Wales as a holiday home

>Long Live the White!

Eryr wen - the white eagle of Snowdon you mean?

Fe godwn ni eto! ;)

Attached: 134323232.png (1200x679, 26K)

I think I've talked to you before, are you the lad in Uppsala?

And to be fair it is difficult to encourage businesses to relocate to Wales. One of the major employers in Merthyr now for example is the giant new Trago Mills store, which is just a giant Primark as far as I am aware. But it's worth noting that outside of the period when mining took off in Wales (thanks largely to English capital) Wales has always been an economically "poor" country.

How to make more capital circulate in Wales is a major challenge for anyone, and must require sacrifices which won't be well-received.

Fuck off their full. Unironically this time. Don't do this.

Cozy place, full of comfy white folk. merthyr tydfil is a bit tough other than that. It's like England was before the Pakis took charge.

You'll always find them outside blue banana still, or in the parks behind the castle drinking/smoking/snorting.
I'm glad after college, I saw no more. These days I just see overweight chicks in shorts and fishnets with fupas hanging out.
And fat over tanned gypsies who hand me sweaty bra money

Aye, that's right. Well remembered. Did we speak in the brief /cymru general/ threads going?

Eat my ass hans I must live in the motherland

Why did Wales vote for brexit? Fishing? Polish people?

And people begging money every few steps

Not very likely for some decades yet, although in my opinion Western Europe as a whole (perhaps excluding Spain, Portugal) will have to formally announce its decision to either allow its native populations to be replaced or to do something about it quite soon. This will mark something of a "turning point" and so political affinities will be quite unpredictable.

And yes the SNP are rather lamentably soft, and Plaid Cymru currently is simply a resentment-fuelled mob of "nice" people who are perhaps as delusion as the Greens. It's sad, because historically Plaid Cymru were very radical and right-wing, and were accused of being fascists during the first decades of its formation. Now Leanne Wood's slogan is "They have the money, but we have the people" which, although rather inspiring coming from the mouth of Trump (for example), sounds rather feeble coming from the mouth of someone in an impoverished region whose main distinct economic policy seems to be "Buy Local".

I voted for Brexit after doing research and a lot of comparisons instead of either blaming immigrants or following the news.

As for others. No idea, Welsh education actually gets a lot from the EU.

A lot of reasons. I think for a lot of people there was a feeling of sticking it to the establishment that clearly does not give a shit about them nor does the EU.

Nearly all my family voted for Brexit and all the pro-EU arguments just have no bearing on their life. If you live in a poor valleys town with no jobs, all the industry has gone, why the fuck do you care about the EU?

Remainers were like
>Hurr if you vote leave you'll need a visa to go on holiday to the French riviera?

You may as well tell someone unemployed in Merthyr they need a visa to visit the fucking moon.

That's it guys I'm going to Wales

Attached: ABE38504C9E440CC8AD52C0DE7DA7B56.jpg (196x250, 7K)

Not sure, was a while back. Hope your studies are going well mate.

The degeneration of Welsh culture is truly lamentable. The MTV show "The Valleys" would not have been produced and broadcast in a morally healthy country. What's worse is that "high culture" in Wales pretty much just equates to areas of Glamorgan mimicking the South of England (understandably).

this

pretty impressed about the amount of people that speak welsh
Fair play lads

Yeah, all good, thanks. Hoping to return to the fatherland some time this summer for a holiday. Gotta get my hiraeth fix.

"English" culture is pushed as the default culture of the UK. "Britishness" doesn't exist, it's an attempt at hegemonic English culture. If a ring-wing version of Plaid is to make any headway it needs to promote a unique Welsh culture in whatever form that takes. I think it's possible. I saw a little while ago showing a graphic of south wales English speaking areas where the high majority of people consider themselves Welsh not British. Particularly places like Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot - traditional Labour areas.

>bonnie tyler
:( you made me look
you are evil

Lol, but true.

The Welsh are quite similar to the north of England politically speaking. Traditionally left-wing but only because they were areas where heavy industry was creating a lot of money (in mining, factories etc) and because they didn't want this money being taken out of the region to a small minority in London. Culturally speaking if you insisted that a Labour-voting ex-miner if Tredegar should be welcoming refugees or introducing ethnic quotas he will punch you in the face and tell you to grow up.

These aren't stupid people, they are just loyal to their local regions and have thus worked in the industries available in those regions. While other groups, I'm sure you can think of one, simply move from place to place and establish themelves wherever large amounts of capital is circulating (and benefiting intellectually, monetarily because of this) people Wales are more likely to say "rich or poor, this is my land". The benefit of this is strong communities, solidarity, traditions, culture and so on. The negatives unfortunately include a lack of traditionally "intellectual" work, and the unavailability of work which does not require great intellect (academic degrees etc). This causes higher violence rates, drug rates and so on among those lacking work and without the intellectual means of entertaining themselves of behaving in a civilized manner.

I think things like politeness, reservedness, an affinity for eccentrics, dry humour, understatement, cynicism etc are rather "British", but then again I think these things are a sign of any advanced culture which knows that repressing oneself is beneficial for the greater good. I also don't mind English culture, particularly "high culture" in the South with boarding schools etc. It respects gentlemanly behaviour, academic success, traditional gender roles, and so on - which I value. However it's a question of how to allow more than just 7% or so of the population to have access to such a culture, or if this is even possible (school funding, systems of nepotism etc).

Welsh culture is difficult to assert because Christianity for example isn't really Welsh, or celtic, as we were pagan (druid, etc) for a very long time before Christianity was established by conquering forces. Culture in general is difficult to define in concrete terms, but things like language, traditional dress, customs and so on should not only be half-heartedly protected as they are now but promoted as the unifying bond of the Folk, something which unites people but is not based on how much wealth one possessed, or how senior one's job is etc. The Eisteddfod for example should be a much bigger deal than it is, and should encourage the Folk of Wales to unite in song, dance and other traditional customs.

I don't know much about Estonia for example, but their Song Festival is a major cultural event which unites them on a regular basis. We should be insisting that the Eisteddfod is broadcast on the BBC, not just S4C:

youtube.com/watch?v=WCifZHi525Y

That's a pretty thoughtful answer. I'm not opposed to English culture myself and there seems to be a growth currently of a particular breed of specific English, not British nationalism which I find quite interesting.

You're right about the difficulty of nailing down a specific Welsh culture as such but I think to an extent it is alive and well even in areas not particularly considered as nationalistic - see the choirs of the valleys or Mai Llwyd on Halloween.

But I agree, the Eisteddfod should be promoted much more and I think St David's day should be made in to a bank holiday and celebrated as a principle national day for Wales.

As a point of interest, they sell that Snowdonia cheese Black Bomber in the supermarket here. I think more should be done to promote Welsh produce, food and drink to the rest of the UK and even European market.

Prove that Quintessentially British hero Nadiya Hussein wrong when she that 'British food culture doesn't exist'

dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4692804/Nadiya-Hussain-British-food-doesn-t-exist.html

I also think that there needs to be more education around Welsh history and the promotion of Welsh historical figures and heroes. Owain Glyndwr as one example.

But look at Irish nationalism, they have a long line of Irish heroes to draw on from.

I grew up in Swansea, Wales to English parents.

The whole of South Wales was kinda fucked over by Thatcherism and the pit closures in the 80s.
Hardly anyone speaks Welsh in Swansea and people look at you weirdly if you do.
The city has a massive drugs problem.
I went to school with the girl Amy in this documentary.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRnzsh8HytI

I didn't see a brown person until I was in secondary school

The issue of St Davis day is important, because it shows how utterly weak the devolved Welsh government are. They are basically lapdogs on good money who are happy to follow the very unproductive, boring process of attending meetings and debates and clocking out as soon as they can. It utterly lacks energy or inspiration. Ultimately, something I have come to believe is that power is fundamentally what matters. When Theresa May wanted to bomb Syria (if only symbolically) she bypassed any sort of democratic voting system and just went ahead with it, and because most people simply don't care about much (not in a concentrated, studies manner at least) things just function as usual after she did that. If any political organization in Wales wants to show its strength, one thing it needs to do is assert, and truly assert, the right for St Davids day to be held as a bank holiday, even if (and in my opinion rightfully) at the expense of another bank holiday. It is only a symbolic victory sure, but symbols matter.

And yes Welsh produce etc should be better promoted. Whether it could be if Wales were not dependent on English / British trading standards or whatever I don't know.

The thing about Hussain and others from backward countries is that things like intense spices, peppers and so on are alien to Britain for good reason. We are a temperate people living a temperate region. While our dishes may not be very spicy etc, we have never really desired them to be (although admittedly the popularity of curry challenges that assertion). Just like the European settlers in United States, who consumed a basic diet due to their repressive religious beliefs, we as British people tend to delight in the ordinary, and value the quotidian more than the extreme, the intense, the overwhelming and so on. Peruvians may love their peppery food, Indians their spices etc, but frankly I wouldn't want to ever set foot in either of those countries despite how "exciting" they may be.

Albion is by far the stronger of the two dragons and representation of a nation since England conquered wales and is by far more economically and technologically advanced, the welsh dragon however has anime tiddies.

Torchwood. Carry on.

I agree. We simply need to introduce the notion that a "high culture" in Wales can exist without it being simply an imitation of South-Eastern English culture (which, however, should provide a template to aspire to).

Unfortunately in a globalized education system it is judged that a child from Abergavenny should learn about Jim Crow, the suffering of Jews during WWII etc ahead of things like the political system at the time of the early Welsh princes, which is both more complex and very interesting (in terms of how land was distributed among male heirs etc). It breeds an indifference on the one hand and a tendency for rote learning on the other, with no real personal investment in either case. Much better in my opinion for a child to think that they may very well be learning about their distant ancestors, rather than being pressured to display faint empathy towards individuals who have nothing at all to do with them, and to to do so without nuance or critical thinking, i.e. the "Good Vs Evil" historical narrative.

>invest in decent jobs for the area?

Come on, you know the last time any MP with an ounce of power decided to invest in something for the benefit of the British people was about 1970. Privatise, deregulate, raise interest rates to choke off inflation so all the money floods into the City, offer corporations parasitic relationships with public services so we can't let them fail but they leech off any profits, distract the electorate with identity politics and foreign wars so nobody notices, brainwash the population with propaganda for austerity while slashing inheritance tax and doing nothing about money laundering through London.
They just had to renationalise a major railway line because the company running it failed for the third time in a row, and of course they're allowed to offload their mess onto the taxpayer rather than go bankrupt like any normal company.

Newport was an inside job.

bretty gud life dragonman

we are a nation of people contempt with our island yet had the greatest empire known to man, we prefer the simple life yet love the eccentric, we preach pacifism but when threatened we will break your spine. the british are an odd race which are a self contradiction and it works for us because its the "proper way"

youtube.com/watch?v=1BXKsQ2nbno

While Thatercherism was determinant, it should't be forgotten that it was a Labour government under Ted Heath which shut down the majority of the mines in Wales. It's very tempting to be the kind of "oii fooking ate thatcher!!!" prole who is just too far gone with resentment and hatred to do anything productive in life. And I used to be a little like that, admittedly. Not a good long-term life strategy.

Wales massively underperforms educationally compared to England. There is, as with much of working class Britain, a massive problem with work ethic and morals.

m8, you pretty described the community of every single market town in the UK

>Labour government under Ted Heath

Last I checked, Heath was a Tory, although he didn't like Thatcher.

Yeah. The majority of white working class British people are absolutely disgusting unfortunately.

The urban white middle classes have some taste but all have super progressive and totally cycled political views.

Ted Heath was a conservative you moron.

It's a problem most of the North suffers. Scotland doesn't care about mines/industry. They only give a fuck about 'muh poll tax'.
I know it's hard to accept but mining and industry were subsidised so much it was inevitibly going to 'hard crash'. Less subsidy would have seen a slower decline with some more specialised companies being able to survive.

Again a very good points, agree entirely, especially about the importance of symbolism. Irish nationalism has been very successful at using symbolic gestures for political gain throughout history.

Outside of the Welsh Government and the Cardiff Bay Bubble, do you have any thoughts about how a grassroots movement could be created and use symbolic gestures to capture the public mood and interest? I struggle to think how something like this would come about.

sheepshagger reporting.
dont fuck pic related
I also demand a Wales flag for Jow Forums or I will attack northern Ireland with an army of pic related and give it back to Paddy

Attached: images (6).jpg (225x225, 10K)

I agree. There is a reason we are the greatest nation on Earth, and why such a small collection of people have caused so much nuisance to so many. I don't want to go off the deep end here, but even in the average football lout's chant of "You're not special, we lose every week" for example shows a self-awareness and capacity for advanced thought that many if not most cultures simply wouldn't understand, more invested as they are in "passion" or whatever. I think in many ways Britain is the adult at the dinner table who sits quietly for a long period until things get too noisy or messy and then steps in with an "Alright, enough of that". Our repression breeds both eccentricity and very intense forms of expression, in the way of literature, scientific discovery or simply cultural modes of communication (black humour, understatement, self-derision). The French for example sometimes describe the British (or the English more specifically) as "cold fish", but still praise Britain for being extremely civilized, well-mannered, proper etc. Things like that only exist because of intense self-discipline and an aversion to life as it is, preferring instead to strive for ideals of behaviour and appearance etc.

its good to keep in mind that around 1/3 of wales makes up military training sites.